Supreme Court Allows Sandy Hook Families' Case Against Remington Arms To Proceed

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, moron........you just reinforced that guns aren't the issue...you doofus..... if those 3 people wanted to kill themselves, they would have managed it without guns....you moron.

Or maybe they'd have sought help, or maybe someone who loved them would have stopped them. The guy who shot his wife, maybe if he just slapped her around the cops would have been called and they could have dealt with it.

Again, most of us are tired of the cost of your fetish.

The 1.1 million Americans who use their legal guns to stop criminals and save lives each year get tired of people like you trying to make them victims......

It doesn't take a gun for a man to kill a woman, you moron.......

No, moron........you just reinforced that guns aren't the issue...you doofus..... if those 3 people wanted to kill themselves, they would have managed it without guns....you moron.

Or maybe they'd have sought help, or maybe someone who loved them would have stopped them. The guy who shot his wife, maybe if he just slapped her around the cops would have been called and they could have dealt with it.

Again, most of us are tired of the cost of your fetish.

You obviously missed this...

Fact Check, Gun Control and Suicide

There is no relation between suicide rate and gun ownership rates around the world. According to the 2016 World Health Statistics report, (2) suicide rates in the four countries cited as having restrictive gun control laws have suicide rates that are comparable to that in the U. S.: Australia, 11.6, Canada, 11.4, France, 15.8, UK, 7.0, and USA 13.7 suicides/100,000. By comparison, Japan has among the highest suicide rates in the world, 23.1/100,000, but gun ownership is extremely rare, 0.6 guns/100 people.

Suicide is a mental health issue. If guns are not available other means are used. Poisoning, in fact, is the most common method of suicide for U. S. females according to the Washington Post (34 % of suicides), and suffocation the second most common method for males (27%).

Secondly, gun ownership rates in France and Canada are not low, as is implied in the Post article. The rate of gun ownership in the U. S. is indeed high at 88.8 guns/100 residents, but gun ownership rates are also among the world’s highest in the other countries cited. Gun ownership rates in these countries are are as follows: Australia, 15, Canada, 30.8, France, 31.2, and UK 6.2 per 100 residents. (3,4) Gun ownership rates in Saudia Arabia are comparable to that in Canada and France, with 37.8 guns per 100 Saudi residents, yet the lowest suicide rate in the world is in Saudia Arabia (0.3 suicides per 100,000).

Third, recent statistics in the state of Florida show that nearly one third of the guns used in suicides are obtained illegally, putting these firearm deaths beyond control through gun laws.(5)

Fourth, the primary factors affecting suicide rates are personal stresses, cultural, economic, religious factors and demographics. According to the WHO statistics, the highest rates of suicide in the world are in the Republic of Korea, with 36.8 suicides per 100,000, but India, Japan, Russia, and Hungary all have rates above 20 per 100,000; roughly twice as high as the U.S. and the four countries that are the basis for the Post’s calculation that gun control would reduce U.S. suicide rates by 20 to 38 percent. Lebanon, Oman, and Iraq all have suicide rates below 1.1 per 100,000 people--less than 1/10 the suicide rate in the U. S., and Afghanistan, Algeria, Jamaica, Haiti, and Egypt have low suicide rates that are below 4 per 100,000 in contrast to 13.7 suicides/100,000 in the U. S.

I think you’re going with the voices in your head and have for quite some time.

I'm not the one who had a kid steal my Anti-Zombie Arsenal and slaughter a bunch of kids... That would be your pinup girl, Crazy Nancy...

Doesn’t mean you don’t have voices in your head.

Do you think that after all this time I’m actually bothered by this puerile drivel?

Yes, Yes, I think I am living in your head rent free.

And if I’m not living in your head, why do you keep responding?

One of the neighbors also testified that Adam had hacked a government site. However, it doesn’t matter whether you believe he did or not, by all accounts he was very intelligent and not mentally retarded by any definition of the word.

No, the neighbor said that her little tard did that... he didn't see him do it. I'm sure that Crazy Nancy was totally in denial about what she was raising.

You liked the neighbors’ testimony well enough when you (mistakenly) thought they said she was nuts. Besides, you didn’t see anybody doing anything yourself.

Hypocrite.

He was diagnosed with Asperger’s which is a milder form of autism and one of the hallmarks of Asperger’s is high intelligence.

Adam Lanze was a tard....

Well, since you’ve repeated it multiple times in contradiction to all testimony by people who knew them, you must be right...

Why, so you can look at the photos of the victims?

As I said before, you don’t give two shits about the victims.

Frankly, I would love to see pictures of the victims split screened with whatever NRA Asshole talking about "Founding Fathers". I think if we all got to see the pictures of victims, we'd tell the NRA to shut the fuck up.

Like I said.

Instead, we hide these pictures, and we have characters like DaleSmith get on these boards and say it was all a hoax.

I don’t know who DaleSmith is and I’m pretty sure it’s not a hoax. Also, authorities don’t release crime scene and autopsy photos to the public on general principle in any case. That’s not to say you wouldn’t be able to find them because they often get leaked. But I don’t know of any case where they are released.

But, no, no, the reason why I look forward to discovery in this case is so we can finally see the internal marketing documents of Remington... How they knowingly marketed to the craziest gun owners.

That’s your story and I don’t buy it.

For you and a lot of other pro-gun control people, this is not about the guns or even the deaths. It’s about taking something away from people you deem uneducated redneck hicks because you don’t agree with their politics, way of life, way of thinking and way of believing.

The 1.1 million Americans who use their legal guns to stop criminals and save lives each year get tired of people like you trying to make them victims......

Nope... but oddly, a lot less women are murdered in countries that ban guns... how is that.

194 Homicide victims in the UK were female.
3292 Homicide victims in the US were female...

Why do you think that is... (Psst. Psst... it's because these bitches be getting shot!"

You liked the neighbors’ testimony well enough when you (mistakenly) thought they said she was nuts. Besides, you didn’t see anybody doing anything yourself.

True.. but when the neighbors just confirm what we already know - the bitch be nuts - that's just proving the point.

The FBI wouldn't have to ask the neighbors if Nancy had told them that the CIA or the FBI had been around because Adam Tardo had hacked them. They'd already know they hacked them.

Well, since you’ve repeated it multiple times in contradiction to all testimony by people who knew them, you must be right...

20 year old, still lives with Crazy Mommy, goes on a shooting rampage because she took a weekend off for a booty call.

I don’t know who DaleSmith is and I’m pretty sure it’s not a hoax. Also, authorities don’t release crime scene and autopsy photos to the public on general principle in any case. That’s not to say you wouldn’t be able to find them because they often get leaked. But I don’t know of any case where they are released.

Well, maybe we should. I think if we did, that would shut these shitstains from the NRA up for good.

For you and a lot of other pro-gun control people, this is not about the guns or even the deaths. It’s about taking something away from people you deem uneducated redneck hicks because you don’t agree with their politics, way of life, way of thinking and way of believing.

No, man, it's about the deaths... and the fact we have to mold the whole rest of our society around your nuttiness.

Just a couple of weeks ago, our whole plant went into a panic because a lady who had gotten downsized a few weeks before was wandering the halls. Of course, she had been invited to stop by for a retirement party of another employee, and no one told facilities management.

But because we live in a gun crazy society, yup, they even think this 60 year old grandma was a potential active shooter.

Most gun deaths are suicides and domestic violence.... which are normal people who just had a very bad day.

And there is one of your big problems—one that is rather obvious in other contexts as well. You have an extremely-warped view of what constitutes a “normal” person. To you, suicides and perpetrators of domestic violence are “normal”, along with, as has been demonstrated by your posting in other threads, homosexuals, transsexuals, child molesters, violent criminals, thieves, vandals, drug abusers, and others that genuinely-normal people view as abnormal, deviant, and harmful elements in society. One wonders what sort of upbringing you must have had, to have such a distorted view of “normal”; and how it has led you to have such deep hatred toward genuinely-normal people.

Japan and China, Suicide is condoned in their culture.

Not even a nice try.

Point is, all three of those people would be alive today if there was no gun in the house.

It's notable that you'll use culture as an explanation when it suits your purpose, and dismiss it when it does not.

Both Japan and China re much stricter, more authoritarian, conformist societies than we are. Criminal behavior is tolerated much less in those societies, and carries not only greater legal penalties, but greater social stigma as well. But you dismiss that, and attribute their lower crime rates to less easy access to firearms.

Suicide, under certain circumstances, is seen as much more acceptable in Japan, than here, and in some cases, as a matter of honor. I do not disagree with you that in both Japan and China, a higher suicide rate is a cultural issue, having nothing to do with access to firearms.

Whether you are talking about suicide, or about violent crimes committed against others, I think it is very clear that culture has much, much more to do with it than access to any tools which might be applied to either of these purposes.

True.. but when the neighbors just confirm what we already know - the bitch be nuts - that's just proving the point.

The neighbors never said anything about her being nuts so they didn’t prove anything you think you know.

The FBI wouldn't have to ask the neighbors if Nancy had told them that the CIA or the FBI had been around because Adam Tardo had hacked them. They'd already know they hacked them.

Nobody said anything about what the FBI asked or did not ask. And of course they knew who hacked them. That’s why they were there.

20 year old, still lives with Crazy Mommy, goes on a shooting rampage because she took a weekend off for a booty call.

The investigation had revealed that he was apparently planning the massacre since the year before. His mother’s trip probably had nothing to do with it.

Well, maybe we should. I think if we did, that would shut these shitstains from the NRA up for good.

And give you a woody, right?

No, man, it's about the deaths... and the fact we have to mold the whole rest of our society around your nuttiness.

Bullshit. You know how I know? Even after it was proven to you that the neighbors never said anything about Nancy being nuts, you persist with that lie anyway.
Even after it was proven to you that Phillips was not in D.C. with a veterans group so Sandmann had no way of knowing he was a veteran, you persist with with your “Punkass Little Catholic Bastard disrespected a vet” false narrative anyway.

Even if we allow the possibility that you care about the deaths, you obviously don’t give a loose shit in a high wind about any truth or facts beyond the fact of their deaths.

Just a couple of weeks ago, our whole plant went into a panic because a lady who had gotten downsized a few weeks before was wandering the halls. Of course, she had been invited to stop by for a retirement party of another employee, and no one told facilities management.

Was anyone in a panic about driving home at the end of the day? You are statistically more likely to die in a car accident so I think you should have been concerned about that.

But because we live in a gun crazy society, yup, they even think this 60 year old grandma was a potential active shooter.

Did the little old lady scare you?[/quote][/QUOTE]

Nope... but oddly, a lot less women are murdered in countries that ban guns... how is that.

Why do you think that is... (Psst. Psst... it's because these bitches be getting shot!"

You think that isn't already changing? The welfare state has changed Britain and they are headed toward blood and violence....and it doesn't help that the 3rd world males they imported are also the ones driving their drug gang violence...

Moron, they had low murder rates before they banned guns, after they banned guns it didn't change.....now it is changing as fatherless homes and 3rd world immigrants increase the violence there...

And if you had an accurate theory, our gun murder rate would have gone up, not down as more people own and actually carry guns....you can't explain that and hide from it whenever I post it....

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

The anti-gun hypothesis and argument.....

More Guns = More Gun crime regardless of any other factors.

Actual Result:

In the U.S....as more Americans own and carry guns over the last 26 years, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%

The result: Exact opposite of theory of anti-gunners....

In Science when you have a theory, when that theory is tested....and the exact opposite result happens...that means your theory is wrong. That is science....not left wing wishful thinking.

Whatever the crime rate does......as more Americans owned more guns the crime rate did not go up....so again...

Britain...
More Guns = More Gun Crime
Britain had access to guns before they banned them.....they had low gun crime, low gun murder.
They banned guns, the gun murder rate spiked for 10 years then returned to the same level...
Your Theory again....
More guns = More Gun Crime
Guns Banned creates no change? That means banning guns for law abiding gun owners had no effect on gun crime.
When your theory states one thing, and you implement your theory, and nothing changes....in science, that means your theory is wrong...
-------

And there is one of your big problems—one that is rather obvious in other contexts as well. You have an extremely-warped view of what constitutes a “normal” person. To you, suicides and perpetrators of domestic violence are “normal”, along with, as has been demonstrated by your posting in other threads, homosexuals, transsexuals, violent criminals, thieves, vandals, drug abusers, and others that genuinely-normal people view as abnormal, deviant, and harmful elements in society. .

First, reported for attack on family.

Second, outside of your cult, people have fights. People have bad days.... Yes, people get depressed and commit suicide. My neighbor who killed himself was ill and suffered from nearly constant pain. Some people are gay and trans.

It's notable that you'll use culture as an explanation when it suits your purpose, and dismiss it when it does not.

Both Japan and China re much stricter, more authoritarian, conformist societies than we are. Criminal behavior is tolerated much less in those societies, and carries not only greater legal penalties, but greater social stigma as well. But you dismiss that, and attribute their lower crime rates to less easy access to firearms.

Your argument would work well, if there was a country where they sell guns to any crazy person who wants them, and they still didn't have a high crime rate because of "culture". That country doesn't exist. Most of the world has the good sense to restrict gun ownership. The only countries with higher murder rates are the ones where government has FAILED to enforce laws, like Mexico.

The neighbors never said anything about her being nuts so they didn’t prove anything you think you know.

Yes, they did... but you probably don't realize that people who stock up guns and canned goods like the Zombies are coming are nuts.

Nobody said anything about what the FBI asked or did not ask. And of course they knew who hacked them. That’s why they were there.

Um, no, they were there because he just shot 26 people... They were probably never hacked... or that would have been in their report.

The investigation had revealed that he was apparently planning the massacre since the year before. His mother’s trip probably had nothing to do with it.

Really? Because all his computers were smashed up before the attack. In fact, we really don't know a lot about what set him off... other than being in a house with a crazy woman who thought the Zombies were coming.

Bullshit. You know how I know? Even after it was proven to you that the neighbors never said anything about Nancy being nuts, you persist with that lie anyway.

Again- they said she was a prepper. Preppers are all nuts.

Was anyone in a panic about driving home at the end of the day? You are statistically more likely to die in a car accident so I think you should have been concerned about that.

Oh, I agree, but the company won't get sued for an accident going home. They do have to really worry about workplace shootings.

Did the little old lady scare you?

Not me... but apparently the building manager was in a panic... that's the society we live in now...

In Aurora, they had five people killed because some guy who just got fired went back to his car, killed his boss and the HR manager after he got fired.

Your argument would work well, if there was a country where they sell guns to any crazy person who wants them, and they still didn't have a high crime rate because of "culture". That country doesn't exist. Most of the world has the good sense to restrict gun ownership. The only countries with higher murder rates are the ones where government has FAILED to enforce laws, like Mexico.

Switzerland stands out as a very famous example. All men within a certain age range are members of the army, and as such, are in possession of a true assault rifle capable of fully-automatic fire; something that our own corrupt government here in the U.S. refuses to allow us to posses.

If easy access to guns, especially true military-grade fully-automatic-capable rifles, was the cause of murder, then Switzerland would have one of the highest murder rates in the world.

Switzerland stands out as a very famous example. All men within a certain age range are members of the army, and as such, are in possession of a true assault rifle capable of fully-automatic fire; something that our own corrupt government here in the U.S. refuses to allow us to posses.

Um, you guys constantly misrepresent what Switzerland has.... it's not the gun paradise you guys imagine. In fact, the ownership of guns by men in the reserves is strictly regulated. They tightened down laws after some nut shot up a lot government building.

They've tightened gun laws further to comply with EU standards.

Tighter gun laws approved by Swiss voters despite opposition

If easy access to guns, especially true military-grade fully-automatic-capable rifles, was the cause of murder, then Switzerland would have one of the highest murder rates in the world.

Here's the thing. Switzerland actually has what the Founding Slave Rapists envisioned, which is a "well-regulated" militia with guns. Which means that if you are Adam Lanza, you don't get into the reserves and no gun for you.

Furthermore, the old policy of taking your guns home has been rolled back.

How Military Reforms in Switzerland Accidentally Prevented Gun Suicides

And this funny thing happened when they did that.. The SUICIDE RATE DECLINED!!!

Oh, snap, Mormon Bob.

Um, you guys constantly misrepresent what Switzerland has.... it's not the gun paradise you guys imagine. In fact, the ownership of guns by men in the reserves is strictly regulated. They tightened down laws after some nut shot up a lot government building.

They've tightened gun laws further to comply with EU standards.

Tighter gun laws approved by Swiss voters despite opposition

Here's the thing. Switzerland actually has what the Founding Slave Rapists envisioned, which is a "well-regulated" militia with guns. Which means that if you are Adam Lanza, you don't get into the reserves and no gun for you.

Furthermore, the old policy of taking your guns home has been rolled back.

How Military Reforms in Switzerland Accidentally Prevented Gun Suicides

And this funny thing happened when they did that.. The SUICIDE RATE DECLINED!!!

Oh, snap, Mormon Bob.

Moron....they have possession of the guns.....you idiot...nothing stops them from taking the guns they have in their homes to a mall, school or church and shooting people....you idiot..... you have no idea what you are talking about...

Moron....they have possession of the guns.....you idiot...nothing stops them from taking the guns they have in their homes to a mall, school or church and shooting people....you idiot..... you have no idea what you are talking about...

Actually, they've rolled back the 2nd Amendment Wank Dream after THIS happened.

Swiss mass shooter declared mentally unsound

And with all those guns they had one.....wow, you are an idiot......we have over 600 million guns in private hands and over 320 million people...we had 12, 93 killed....bicycles kill more people than mass public shooters with guns, you moron...

Meanwhile...again....

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
The anti-gun hypothesis and argument.....

More Guns = More Gun crime regardless of any other factors.

Actual Result:

In the U.S....as more Americans own and carry guns over the last 26 years, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%

The result: Exact opposite of theory of anti-gunners....

In Science when you have a theory, when that theory is tested....and the exact opposite result happens...that means your theory is wrong. That is science....not left wing wishful thinking.

Whatever the crime rate does......as more Americans owned more guns the crime rate did not go up....so again...

Britain...
More Guns = More Gun Crime
Britain had access to guns before they banned them.....they had low gun crime, low gun murder.
They banned guns, the gun murder rate spiked for 10 years then returned to the same level...
Your Theory again....
More guns = More Gun Crime
Guns Banned creates no change? That means banning guns for law abiding gun owners had no effect on gun crime.
When your theory states one thing, and you implement your theory, and nothing changes....in science, that means your theory is wrong...
-------

Maine tops ‘safest states’ rankings four years after removing major gun restriction

When Maine passed a “Constitutional Carry” law allowing Maine residents to carry a concealed firearm without any special permit in 2015, opponents of the law forecast a dangerous future for the state. They said the new law would hurt public safety and put Maine kids at risk.

One state representative who opposed the bill went so far as to say it would give Mainers a reason to be afraid every time they went out in public or to work.

Another state representative suggested the law would lead to violent criminals with recent arrests and convictions legally carrying handguns.

-----

Now four years later, Maine has been named the safest state in the nation according to US News and World Report’s public safety rankings, which measures the fifty states based on crime data.

Ranking as the top safest state for violent crime and fourth for property crime, Maine edges out another New England state, Vermont, for the top spot. Of note, Vermont also is a “Constitutional Carry” state. New Hampshire ranks third in the national rankings, giving New England all three of the top spots in the nation.

In 2018, Maine was edged out by Vermont in the same “safest states” ranking, but declared the best state overall in the broader “Crime and Corrections” category.

In 2017, using a different methodology, Maine was ranked second among the fifty states in the “Crime and Corrections” category and also second in the categories used to rank the “safest states.”

The U.S. News and World Report “Best States” rankings are built in partnership with McKinsey & Company, a firm that works closely with state leaders around the nation.

Maine has also ranked at the top of other state rankings. WalletHub.com recently ranked Maine second in “Personal and Residential Safety” among the fifty states, and third overall.

Yes, they did...

No, they did not. Even the article you linked to prove they said she was nuts did not quote any neighbor saying anything remotely like this.
One or two said she seemed “high strung”, that’s it. No neighbor ever said anything about her being nuts or crazy or anything like that.

but you probably don't realize that people who stock up guns and canned goods like the Zombies are coming are nuts.

If she had stocked up for a zombie apocalypse then I would say yeah, she might have been unbalanced. But she didn’t.

Um, no, they were there because he just shot 26 people... They were probably never hacked... or that would have been in their report.

How the fuck would she have been able to talk to the FBI or tell her neighbors about the hacking on the day of the shooting when she was dead? Jesus.
Since she was obviously alive to tell friends and neighbors about it then logic dictates it took place some time before the shooting.

Really? Because all his computers were smashed up before the attack. In fact, we really don't know a lot about what set him off... other than being in a house with a crazy woman who thought the Zombies were coming.

Then how did they know this? Not only did they know he had been planning it from the year before, they even had the month: March 2011. They even discovered from his computers that he apparently had pedophilic tendencies.

Merely smashing a computer will not destroy the data on the hard drive. In addition, they have programs that can retrieve date even if you delete all the files on it.
Any computer expert will tell you that unless you have a special program for that purpose, it is impossible to completely erase data to where it is irretrievable. It was part of the reason for the whole BleachBit scandal with Hillary Clinton’s e-mails.

So apparently Lanza never used any such program or even bothered to delete the files. He only physically smashed the computers. Otherwise they wouldn’t have been able to learn what they did.

Again- they said she was a prepper. Preppers are all nuts.

That’s a matter of opinion. The fact remains that you were wrong; the neighbors never said she was nuts.

Oh, I agree, but the company won't get sued for an accident going home. They do have to really worry about workplace shootings.

So then, they’re concerned about lawsuits but not getting killed or employees getting killed. Is that what you’re telling me?

Did the little old lady scare you?

]Not me... but apparently the building manager was in a panic... that's the society we live in now...

Apparently it’s also a society where, if one points out that a person who is either lying, mistaken or guilty of emotional embellishment and hyperbole regarding his confrontation with someone as revealed in a video, one is thought to be scared of the “red man” even though the person’s ethnicity is merely a product of circumstance and has no bearing on the case or his behavior. In other words, the society we live in now brands people as racist for merely disagreeing with a minority on a matter that has nothing to do with that person’s race or ethnicity.

No, they did not. Even the article you linked to prove t

Hey, before I waste one of the few days I get off on this, are you going to come up with any new material, or are you just going to keep recycling the same stuff.

People who hoarde guns and canned goods for the Zombie Apocalypse are nuts.

How the fuck would she have been able to talk to the FBI or tell her neighbors about the hacking on the day of the shooting when she was dead? Jesus.

That's not what the article said. They said that her neighbors told the FBI that she told them that someone from the FBI or CIA (she didn't remember which) had visited them because he tried to access one of their databases... That doesn't prove anyone did, and you would think she'd know if it was the CIA Or the FBI.

Then how did they know this? Not only did they know he had been planning it from the year before, they even had the month: March 2011. They even discovered from his computers that he apparently had pedophilic tendencies.

Merely smashing a computer will not destroy the data on the hard drive. In addition, they have programs that can retrieve date even if you delete all the files on it.

Not that giving you links does any good.

We May Never Know What Was on Adam Lanza's Hard Drive

After spending several days trying to extract data from Adam Lanza's damaged hard drive, investigators say that they've come up short. It wasn't for lack of trying, either. Connecticut State Police joined forces with the FBI in an attempt to recover the data but found no clues as to why the troubled 20-year-old stormed into Sandy Hook Elementary School and gunned down 20 first graders and six adults before killing himself. Lanza may have wanted it that way, since he destroyed the hard drive before leaving for the school. Before recovery efforts started on the hard drive, sources said that it "appeared to have been badly damaged with a hammer or screwdriver." On Monday, one investigator floated what may seem an obvious hypothesis, "He was eliminating [investigators'] ability to figure out what websites he had gone to or who he might have been communicating with."

Moving right along.

So then, they’re concerned about lawsuits but not getting killed or employees getting killed. Is that what you’re telling me?

I think most employer regret we have a 13th amendment. The main reason I'm liberal today... 28 years of watching absolutely shitty behavior by employers.

Yes, I think the few precautions they take to protect workers is a fear of lawsuits... Otherwise, they'd happily hire Shooty McCrazypants.... That case in Aurora.. if they had done their background check... they'd have realized that crazy guy who shot up five people had already been convicted in MS for stabbing a woman. But he worked cheap.

Two jobs back.. The thing that amazed me was how they designed the building so that the managers on the Second Floor couldlock down the building if they had a mass shooter....and protect themselves.

Apparently it’s also a society where, if one points out that

Again, do you have any new material, because this "Joe is a meany" is getting a little fucking tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back