Supreme Court Allows Sandy Hook Families' Case Against Remington Arms To Proceed

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they did not. Even the article you linked to prove t

Hey, before I waste one of the few days I get off on this, are you going to come up with any new material, or are you just going to keep recycling the same stuff.

I don’t know, are you going to keep recycling the false narrative that the neighbors said she was nuts? If you persist with this untrue argument, I will persist in telling you you’re wrong. Simple as that.

People who hoarde guns and canned goods for the Zombie Apocalypse are nuts.

It would be an issue if she had.

How the fuck would she have been able to talk to the FBI or tell her neighbors about the hacking on the day of the shooting when she was dead? Jesus.

That's not what the article said.

What article? Besides, we’re talking about her claim that authorities showed up at their home to talk about Adam hacking their system, not about what neighbors told the FBI on the day of the shooting.

They said that her neighbors told the FBI that she told them that someone from the FBI or CIA (she didn't remember which) had visited them because he tried to access one of their databases... That doesn't prove anyone did, and you would think she'd know if it was the CIA Or the FBI.

Neighbors saying she seemed high strung doesn’t prove that they said she was nuts either.

You have a somewhat shaky relationship with facts, truth and what constitutes proof. Neighbors saying Adam hacked a government system is not proof he did but the same neighbors saying Nancy seemed high strung somehow proves they said she was nuts. I just don’t get it.

Then how did they know this? Not only did they know he had been planning it from the year before, they even had the month: March 2011. They even discovered from his computers that he apparently had pedophilic tendencies.

Merely smashing a computer will not destroy the data on the hard drive. In addition, they have programs that can retrieve date even if you delete all the files on it.

Not that giving you links does any good.

Christ you’ve got gall. This from the guy who refuses to click on any link I put up on the assumption it’s a wingnut site. What a fucking hypocrite.

We May Never Know What Was on Adam Lanza's Hard Drive

After spending several days trying to extract data from Adam Lanza's damaged hard drive, investigators say that they've come up short. It wasn't for lack of trying, either. Connecticut State Police joined forces with the FBI in an attempt to recover the data but found no clues as to why the troubled 20-year-old stormed into Sandy Hook Elementary School and gunned down 20 first graders and six adults before killing himself. Lanza may have wanted it that way, since he destroyed the hard drive before leaving for the school. Before recovery efforts started on the hard drive, sources said that it "appeared to have been badly damaged with a hammer or screwdriver." On Monday, one investigator floated what may seem an obvious hypothesis, "He was eliminating [investigators'] ability to figure out what websites he had gone to or who he might have been communicating with."

Moving right along.

This article is four days after the shooting. A lot has happened since then. Below is a Rolling Stone article from December 2018, six years after the shooting:

Sandy Hook Shooter: New Documents Detail Adam Lanza's 'Scorn for Humanity'

From the article:

"The mass of writings, records, and computer files were seized by detectives from Lanza’s home after the murders and were withheld from the public,..."

"Also recovered from Lanza’s computer was a spreadsheet produced between 2006 to 2010 which contained complex details about over 400 mass killings dating to 1786."

While we're at it, from a USAToday article from October 2017:

Newly released FBI documents reveal disturbing details about Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza

"Investigators also found Lanza’s deteriorating relationship with his mother was a significant stressor in the weeks and months before the attack. However, the behavioral analysis found Lanza did not “snap,” but engaged in “careful, methodical planning and preparation” for the attack."

So investigators disagree with you that Nancy's "booty call", as you so eloquently put it, pushed Adam over the edge and sparked the rampage.

Moving right along.

So then, they’re concerned about lawsuits but not getting killed or employees getting killed. Is that what you’re telling me?

I think most employer regret we have a 13th amendment.

Because they fear lawsuits.

The main reason I'm liberal today... 28 years of watching absolutely shitty behavior by employers.

The main reason I'm still conservative today is 28 days (give or take) of watching absolutely shitty behavior by you.

Apparently it’s also a society where, if one points out that

Again, do you have any new material, because this "Joe is a meany" is getting a little fucking tired.

I'll come up with new material as soon as you stop contradicting yourself, violating your own stated principles and using double standards.

You're getting fucking tired because you keep fucking coming back you idiot. Nobody's forcing you to engage with or debate me.

don’t know, are you going to keep recycling the false narrative

So, no, you don't really have any new material, then...

So let's see if there's anything in this post that amuses me.

So investigators disagree with you that Nancy's "booty call", as you so eloquently put it, pushed Adam over the edge and sparked the rampage.

Not really... Frankly, all they did was recover a spreadsheet. He might have just been a true crime enthusiast.

YOu see,most mass killers don't wait for their mommies to get their guns for them.

You have a somewhat shaky relationship with facts, truth and what constitutes proof. Neighbors saying Adam hacked a government system is not proof he did but the same neighbors saying Nancy seemed high strung somehow proves they said she was nuts. I just don’t get it.

Well, I would go with ACCUMULATION OF EVIDENCE...

Her neighbors said she was nuts.
She was stocking up enough guns and Ammo to fight off the Zombies.
She really, really thought the world was coming to an end.
And according to you, she had no idea that her son was plotting to do a mass murder...

Got to admit, my mom had five of us to watch, and we couldn't keep secrets that good.

nvestigators also found Lanza’s deteriorating relationship with his mother was a significant stressor in the weeks and months before the attack. However, the behavioral analysis found Lanza did not “snap,” but engaged in “careful, methodical planning and preparation” for the attack."

These would be the same FBI profilers that concluded that the UnaBomber was going to be a well-groomed trades worker.

upload_2019-11-29_17-18-38.jpeg

Nobody's forcing you to engage with or debate me.

True, but mocking you is so much fun...

don’t know, are you going to keep recycling the false narrative

So, no, you don't really have any new material, then...

So yes, I guess you’re going to keep recycling the false narrative that the neighbors said she was nuts.

So let's see if there's anything in this post that amuses me.

As you wish. If you do though, don’t whine to me later about getting fucking tired.

Not really... Frankly, all they did was recover a spreadsheet. He might have just been a true crime enthusiast.

But wouldn’t that mean he was fucking nuts? That’s what you said about Nancy being a gun enthusiast so...

But all seriousness aside, the article said they found a spreadsheet, they did not say it was all they found. It was a newspaper article which means they’re not going to publish the entire report as it is thousands of pages long. They’re only going to hit the highlights.

YOu see,most mass killers don't wait for their mommies to get their guns for them.

She probably already had the guns when he started planning.

Well, I would go with ACCUMULATION OF EVIDENCE...

And who collected and professionally analyzed this evidence? The FBI and Connecticut authorities, not you.

Her neighbors said she was nuts.

No, they did not. They said she seemed high strung, that’s it.

Another important detail: The neighbors did not know she was stockpiling food. This wasn’t discovered until after the shooting. And, she never expressed her concerns about an economic collapse to her neighbors, only her sister in law.

So in the final analysis, the neighbors had no clue about her prepping - they just thought she was a gun enthusiast - and no one knew about the food cache.

She was stocking up enough guns and Ammo to fight off the Zombies.

Except she wasn’t.

She really, really thought the world was coming to an end.

No, she didn’t. She thought there might be an economic collapse. And she may have been right.

And according to you, she had no idea that her son was plotting to do a mass murder...

Why would she? He locked himself in his room the last three months of his life and refused to communicate or interact with anyone, including his mother. Besides, how many parents out there are willing to entertain the idea that their child is capable of or planning a mass shooting, even if he is a “tard”?

Got to admit, my mom had five of us to watch, and we couldn't keep secrets that good.

Were any of you autistic? Excuse me, retarded?

Autistics, excuse me, retards, are very fragile and particular about their routines. Any little change in settings, surroundings or routines will cause them stress and they will withdraw even further within themselves.
Nancy saw that he was withdrawing and even mentioned it and that she was concerned about it. She probably figured the best way to deal with it was to pull back and wait for him to come around.

nvestigators also found Lanza’s deteriorating relationship with his mother was a significant stressor in the weeks and months before the attack. However, the behavioral analysis found Lanza did not “snap,” but engaged in “careful, methodical planning and preparation” for the attack."

These would be the same FBI profilers that concluded that the UnaBomber was going to be a well-groomed trades worker.

You don’t seriously expect me to accept your analysis over that of people who are trained for it, do you?

Nobody's forcing you to engage with or debate me.

True, but mocking you is so much fun...

How, by repeating false narratives? Making clueless unprofessional psychological analyses? Making wild assumptions based on your biases? Calling autistics “retards”, though they’re not? Linking outdated articles? Contradicting yourself? Ignoring facts? Being prejudiced? Repeating the same incorrect arguments over and over in the face of contradictory evidence and testimony and then accusing me of being repetitive?

If this is what mocking is to you then mock away. Because the more you do, the more fun I have.

But wouldn’t that mean he was fucking nuts? That’s what you said about Nancy being a gun enthusiast so...

But all seriousness aside, the article said they found a spreadsheet, they did not say it was all they found. It was a newspaper article which means they’re not going to publish the entire report as it is thousands of pages long. They’re only going to hit the highlights.

Yeah, they really didn't publish much at all... probably because they didn't want to admit they dropped the ball- AGAIN - in stopping a mass shooter.

Autistics, excuse me, retards, are very fragile and particular about their routines. Any little change in settings, surroundings or routines will cause them stress and they will withdraw even further within themselves.
Nancy saw that he was withdrawing and even mentioned it and that she was concerned about it. She probably figured the best way to deal with it was to pull back and wait for him to come around.

Or she was just a fucking nut who stockpiled guns and didn't see his behavior as all that abnormal.

How, by repeating false narratives? Making clueless unprofessional psychological analyses? Making wild assumptions based on your biases? Calling autistics “retards”, though they’re not? Linking outdated articles? Contradicting yourself? Ignoring facts? Being prejudiced? Repeating the same incorrect arguments over and over in the face of contradictory evidence and testimony and then accusing me of being repetitive?

Yes, watching you whine like a little bitch is hilarious... man, are you a whiny little bitch.

You don’t seriously expect me to accept your analysis over that of people who are trained for it, do you?

Yeah, you see, funny thing... the FBI fucks things up so often that I really can't take what they say seriously. Waco. Ruby Ridge. My personal favorite because it's near my vacation property, Little Bohemia... that was a riot. Well, not for the poor CCC workers they shot by mistake because they were looking for John Dillinger.

Yeah, they really didn't publish much at all...

Who, USAToday? They didn’t publish the report, they published an article about the report. As for the FBI, the entire report was released.

probably because they didn't want to admit they dropped the ball- AGAIN - in stopping a mass shooter.

Irrelevant. You said that all they found was a spreadsheet but that’s simply not true.

Or she was just a fucking nut who stockpiled guns

You forgot to say “...for the zombie apocalypse.” You know, for dramatic effect like you always do.

and didn't see his behavior as all that abnormal.

His behavior was normal for an autistic.

His continued withdrawal was no doubt unwanted but by no means abnormal for a person with Asperger’s.

Yes, watching you whine like a little bitch is hilarious... man, are you a whiny little bitch.

Meaning: “I’m fucking tired because you keep pointing out when I’m wrong or full of shit.”

His continued withdrawal was no doubt unwanted but by no means abnormal for a person with Asperger’s.

And that shooting 26 people, that was just a cry for attention... Fuck off.

Meaning: “I’m fucking tired because you keep pointing out when I’m wrong or full of shit.”

You are the one being sypmathetic to Crazy Nancy and her Retard Son.

I'm sympathetic to those 20 kids and six teachers who died, needlessly because PEOPLE LIKE THAT CAN GET GUNS!

Yeah, you see, funny thing... the FBI fucks things up so often that I really can't take what they say seriously. Waco. Ruby Ridge. My personal favorite because it's near my vacation property, Little Bohemia... that was a riot. Well, not for the poor CCC workers they shot by mistake because they were looking for John Dillinger.

You can’t even tell the difference between autism and Down’s Syndrome. For that matter, you don’t seem to understand the difference between “She seemed high strung” and “She was fucking nuts.”

A few other things you got wrong or are unsupported assumptions:

• They didn’t get anything off Lanza’s computer.

• Nancy Lanza was stocking up for the zombie apocalypse.

• Adam Lanza was a retard.

• Nancy Lanza should have known Adam was planning a mass shooting even though his behavior was typical of someone with Asperger’s.

• Sandmann knew Phillips was a vet.

• Sandmann harassed and taunted Phillips and his group.

• Phillips was with a veterans group.

• Phillips’ ethnicity was a factor in my assessment of his behavior.

I’m sorry, but you simply don’t have a very good track record yourself when it comes to critical thinking and objective deductive reasoning.

You are the one being sypmathetic to Crazy Nancy and her Retard Son.

I'm sympathetic to those 20 kids and six teachers who died, needlessly because PEOPLE LIKE THAT CAN GET GUNS!

Eric Harris’ and Dylan Klebold’s parents didn’t suspect anything either. And they weren’t autistic. Fuck off.

]You are the one being sypmathetic to Crazy Nancy and her Retard Son.

Nope. First of all, I never said Nancy wasn’t crazy. I said the neighbors did not say she was nuts. And they didn’t. Secondly, I never defended Adam either. I just said he wasn’t retarded.

Your arguments are simplistic and unrealistic because they are not based on objective assessment of the facts of the case. They are a product of your hatred for gun owners.

I don’t believe you are as sympathetic to those kids as you are contemptuous of gun owners. I’m simply not seeing a parallel here or an even scale in your case. Your insistence on using overblown hyperbole and childish exaggerations and offensive terms like “zombie apocalypse” and “Tardy McTardo” does not lend itself to portray an objective observer.

Eric Harris’ and Dylan Klebold’s parents didn’t suspect anything either. And they weren’t autistic. Fuck off.

No, Harris just had severe emotional problems requiring him to be medicated...

CNN - Columbine shooter was prescribed anti-depressant - April 29, 1999

Nope. First of all, I never said Nancy wasn’t crazy. I said the neighbors did not say she was nuts. And they didn’t. Secondly, I never defended Adam either. I just said he wasn’t retarded.

Your arguments are simplistic and unrealistic because they are not based on objective assessment of the facts of the case. They are a product of your hatred for gun owners.

Yes, I really do hate a culture that thinks crazy people like the Lanzas should have guns...

I don’t believe you are as sympathetic to those kids as you are contemptuous of gun owners. I’m simply not seeing a parallel here or an even scale in your case. Your insistence on using overblown hyperbole and childish exaggerations and offensive terms like “zombie apocalypse” and “Tardy McTardo” does not lend itself to portray an objective observer.

You can believe whatever you want... but, yeah, If you just all stayed home all day polishing your guns compensating for your...er... shortcomings, I probably wouldn't have that much of a problem with you. It's that you think people like this should have guns and then make excuses when one of them goes off...

No, Harris just had severe emotional problems requiring him to be medicated...

CNN - Columbine shooter was prescribed anti-depressant - April 29, 1999

Irrelevant. The parents still had no idea that their sons would commit a mass shooting.

Yes, I really do hate a culture that thinks crazy people like the Lanzas should have guns...

First of all, you don’t so much hate the culture as much as you hate the people who own guns and advocate for gun rights. Secondly, legal and responsible gun owners don’t think crazy people should have guns.

You can believe whatever you want... but, yeah, If you just all stayed home all day polishing your guns compensating for your...er... shortcomings, I probably wouldn't have that much of a problem with you. It's that you think people like this should have guns and then make excuses when one of them goes off...

Wrong. I never suggested people “like this” should have guns and I made no excuses for anyone. All I’ve done is correct you when you’re wrong and point out that there is a bigger picture here and other factors to consider.

None of these considerations absolve Adam of the crime. It was tragic and it was wrong and there is no justification for it. But there are contributing factors nonetheless; factors that don’t fit neatly into your “Preppers are nuts and mass shooters are retards” narrative.

So, unless you have experience caring for someone who’s autistic, you have no fucking qualification to offer an informed opinion on Nancy’s mental state or even Adam’s for that matter. It is your opinion that she was crazy for being a prepper, nothing more.

You can’t even tell the difference between autism and Down’s Syndrome. For that matter, you don’t seem to understand the difference between “She seemed high strung” and “She was fucking nuts.”

Yawn, guy... not all the Tards have Downs...

Some of them have Autism.

Can we say "Tard" anymore? We wouldn't want to offended them.

Yawn, guy... not all the Tards have Downs...

Some of them have Autism.

Even if you’re right, Adam’s proficiency with computers would suggest he was not retarded.

Below is an article at Autism-Society.org that explains Asperger’s, including mental capacity and how it differs from other forms of autism:

Asperger’s Syndrome - Autism Society

From the article:

“Another distinction between Asperger’s Disorder and autism concerns cognitive ability. While some individuals with autism have intellectual disabilities, by definition, a person with Asperger’s Disorder cannot have a “clinically significant” cognitive delay, and most possess average to above-average intelligence.

Can we say "Tard" anymore? We wouldn't want to offended them.

It never stopped you before. The fact that you’re asking merely suggests to me that you just want me to know you don’t give a shit if it’s offensive or not.

First of all, you don’t so much hate the culture as much as you hate the people who own guns and advocate for gun rights. Secondly, legal and responsible gun owners don’t think crazy people should have guns.

Yeah, here's the problem I have. "gun rights". It works on the premise that you have a "right" to a gun like you have a right to trial or free speech.

Gun ownership should not be a right. Not everyone should own a gun. Some people plain old should not ever have a gun, like Adam Lanza. They most certainly shouldn't have a gun that was specifically designed for the battlefields of Vietnam.

Even if you’re right, Adam’s proficiency with computers would suggest he was not retarded.

Below is an article at Autism-Society.org that explains Asperger’s, including mental capacity and how it differs from other forms of autism:

Look, guy, I know that I've hurt your wittle feelings by calling you and your fellow Autistics "Retards". Deal with it.
"Corky really smart... Corky can use computer!"

So, unless you have experience caring for someone who’s autistic, you have no fucking qualification to offer an informed opinion on Nancy’s mental state or even Adam’s for that matter. It is your opinion that she was crazy for being a prepper, nothing more.

Here's my INFORMED opinion. He went out and shot 26 people with guns that she taught him how to use.

Here's my INFORMED opinion. He went out and shot 26 people with guns that she taught him how to use.

Irrelevant. First, you are entitled to your opinion, but you are still not qualified to make an informed assessment of her mental state. In other words, she wasn’t nuts just because you say so.
Second, operating a firearm is not rocket science and, contrary to your UNinformed opinion that Adam was a retard, he would have figured out how to use it anyway if he was determined to do so.
If someone of your intelligence can come up with “Tardy McTardo”, I’m confident Adam Lanza could have sussed out how to operate a firearm.

Yeah, here's the problem I have. "gun rights". It works on the premise that you have a "right" to a gun like you have a right to trial or free speech.

Gun ownership should not be a right.

Opinion.

Not everyone should own a gun.

No, not everyone should. Not everyone should drive a vehicle either. Not everyone should own a motorcycle, a boat, a jet-ski, a lawnmower, be a cop, be an airline pilot, bus driver, ferry captain...

Right now, at this very moment, one or more of these people will get themselves or others killed through incompetence, negligence or sheer stupidity. And it’s always easy to say, after the fact, that this person should never have been a truck driver or a police officer or whatever.

Hindsight is 20/20 and any idiot can figure out that a drunk bus driver that kills ten people should not have been a bus driver.

Some people plain old should not ever have a gun, like Adam Lanza.

Adam didn’t own them, his mother did.

They most certainly shouldn't have a gun that was specifically designed for the battlefields of Vietnam.

Weapons with full auto capability were designed for battlefields. The current AR-15 for civilian use was not.

Look, guy, I know that I've hurt your wittle feelings by calling you and your fellow Autistics "Retards". Deal with it.

How clever. Is this the best you can do? You have nothing to say about the fact that people with Asperger’s are just as smart or smarter than you?

How clever. Is this the best you can do? You have nothing to say about the fact that people with Asperger’s are just as smart or smarter than you?

This is JoeB131 we're talking about. People with severe Down's Syndrome are as smart or smarter than he.

Irrelevant. First, you are entitled to your opinion, but you are still not qualified to make an informed assessment of her mental state. In other words, she wasn’t nuts just because you say so.

No, she was nuts because she was stocking up on guns like the Zombies were about to show up.

No, not everyone should. Not everyone should drive a vehicle either. Not everyone should own a motorcycle, a boat, a jet-ski, a lawnmower, be a cop, be an airline pilot, bus driver, ferry captain...

Okay.... now that we've established that, let's have some sensible standards on who can own a gun.

Oh, wait, that's not where you were going, was it?

Right now, at this very moment, one or more of these people will get themselves or others killed through incompetence, negligence or sheer stupidity. And it’s always easy to say, after the fact, that this person should never have been a truck driver or a police officer or whatever.

Yes, it is... it's also easy to tell who shouldn't have a gun before they buy one. Now, if you licensed guns the way we license cars, we probably wouldn't have an issue... Most people would be fine with handguns, but if you want your anti-Zombie Arsenal, you better show cause.

Weapons with full auto capability were designed for battlefields. The current AR-15 for civilian use was not.

You realize that the design of the gun was entirely for the battlefield. It was designed to be lightweight, to have a smaller caliber round that tumbles to inflict maximum damage (My Drill Instructor pointed out that an M16 was a 22 caliber, a good varmit gun... good for shooting varmits, like Russians). It has a short barrel to be easily used in jungles,

In short- a gun no civilian has any good reason to have.

This is JoeB131 we're talking about. People with severe Down's Syndrome are as smart or smarter than he.

Yet, still living in your head, Rent Free, Mormon Bob.

Hey, what's the difference between Joseph Smith and David Koresh?

Original and Extra Crispy.

No, she was nuts because she was stocking up on guns like the Zombies were about to show up.
·
·
·​
Okay.... now that we've established that, let's have some sensible standards on who can own a gun.

·
·
·​
Yes, it is... it's also easy to tell who shouldn't have a gun before they buy one. Now, if you licensed guns the way we license cars, we probably wouldn't have an issue... Most people would be fine with handguns, but if you want your anti-Zombie Arsenal, you better show cause.
·
·
·​
You realize that the design of the gun was entirely for the battlefield. It was designed to be lightweight, to have a smaller caliber round that tumbles to inflict maximum damage (My Drill Instructor pointed out that an M16 was a 22 caliber, a good varmit gun... good for shooting varmits, like Russians). It has a short barrel to be easily used in jungles,

·
·
·​

One wonders how many times you think you need to repeat the same lies, before they will become true.

It was designed to be lightweight, to have a smaller caliber round that tumbles to inflict maximum damage

Your Drill Sargent was a moron....it was simply made to be light weight so Grunts could carry more of them....you idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back