Supreme Court - gay marriage

Gonna rule against states' banning it. Is no legal reason to ban gay marriage. All the arguements against it being religious.

14th Amendment grants equal protection under the law. Not God's law, but man's.
Gods law trumps mans law.

Yeah- that is what the Muslim's killing gays are saying.

And yet the far left supports those Muslims and take their money.

Shows the hypocrisy of the far left and their stance on such subjects..

Gonna rule against states' banning it. Is no legal reason to ban gay marriage. All the arguements against it being religious.

And yet the far right supports those Muslims and take their money- and like them justifies their opposition to homosexuality in the same terms.

Shows the hypocrisy of the far right and their stance on such subjects.

Doesn't matter to me how they rule, I'll personally never view two people of the same sex as equals as far as marriage is concerned.
And I'm agnostic by the way.

And nothing particularly wrong with that.

There are still people who don't consider two people of different races as equals as far as marriage is concerned.

What matters is equality before the law.

I don't at all...I consider them just as idiotic as the Far Right fanatical Christians.

No, social science has determined kids need a mom and dad, not two of either. But the homofascist agenda has framed it as a religious (specifically Christian) issue in order to have a specific enemy and deflect from the science.

No, social science has determined kids need a mom and dad, not two of either. But the homofascist agenda has framed it as a religious (specifically Christian) issue in order to have a specific enemy and deflect from the science.

I asked you in a previous thread to tell me what things a child needs to learn that only a male can teach them?

I asked you in a previous thread to tell me what things a child needs to learn that only a male can teach them?
It's an innate thing more than a learned thing. Not so much teach as set an example of personal responsibility. Gender specific.

It's an innate thing more than a learned thing. Not so much teach as set an example of personal responsibility. Gender specific.

And what gender specific responsibilities would that be?

And most of the social science studies done were concerned with 2 parent families as opposed to single parent families.

So why do millions and millions of my fellow heterosexuals deny their children a mom or a dad? First of all, plenty of heteros have children and don't even get married- then even if they do, millions divorce and abandon their children- maybe paying child support but certainly not being an actual 'dad' or 'mom'.

And course none of that has anything to do with 'gay marriage' since preventing 'gay marriage' just means children of gay couples can't have married parents- it doesn't magically mean they have two parents of the opposite gender.

So all of the children raised by a single mom- you think that they never learn personal responsibility?

And what gender specific responsibilities would that be?

And most of the social science studies done were concerned with 2 parent families as opposed to single parent families.
Mom/daughter, dad/son.

It could happen- or it could not.

Anyone putting money down on the issue is making a risky bet.

This is a question of law, not a ruling on the appropriateness of gay marriage. Does the federal government have the authority to impose national law by judicial edict on all 50 states? If so, where does the court derive this authority?

Given 5 Constitutionalism on the court, I believe that the court will invoke the 9th amendment and declare that the states are the authoritative body with jurisdiction over marriage. I doubt they will federalize marriage.

It could happen- or it could not.

Anyone putting money down on the issue is making a risky bet.

This is a question of law, not a ruling on the appropriateness of gay marriage. Does the federal government have the authority to impose national law by judicial edict on all 50 states? If so, where does the court derive this authority?

Given 5 Constitutionalism on the court, I believe that the court will invoke the 9th amendment and declare that the states are the authoritative body with jurisdiction over marriage. I doubt they will federalize marriage.

This is specifically a Constitutional question regarding marriage- the Supreme Court has overturned state marriage laws three times previously because they were unconstitutional infringements on the right to marriage.

The question is whether the bans on gay marriage are constitutional or not- and the Supreme Court has the same authority to address that question as it did the last three times.

Hillary-Logo_zpsxbavecgm.jpg

Forum List

Back