Supreme court rules..prayer at public meetings not a constitutional violation.

Terrific. There are very few of you. I actually think that religion, especially with a personal god, is for fools, slaves, and children, but if you are going to classify God as ceremonial, the God of the First Commandment that is, I wouldn't want to be you if he turns out to be real. He's not generous of such things. Pillar of salt time eh?

There are fewer of you, true story.
Like I said, you're self indulged.
Not at all. I'm free of religious nonsense. I don't fear death and seek to avoid it. That makes it easy to live without Easter Buddies or Santa Christs.

Still, fewer of you and still self indulged. :D

There are fewer of you, true story.
Like I said, you're self indulged.
Not at all. I'm free of religious nonsense. I don't fear death and seek to avoid it. That makes it easy to live without Easter Buddies or Santa Christs.

Truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "today--yes, tonight--before the rooster crows twice you yourself will disown me three times."

Mark 14-30
Peter was an ass, what can I say. His throne has a decent guy sitting on at the moment however. He won't like this decision either since God is supposed to matter but not in this case. Pray away team, pray away.

Prayer/God has no place in our country other than you have the right to go to church on Sunday. Praying or interjecting God into our government is offensive to us who know there is no such thing as God. Its a fairy tale so stop trying to impose your fantasies on the rest of us. Muslims shouldn't try to impose their bullshit, Mormon's, Jehovas, Jews and CHRISTIANS TOO. Christians are just as stupid as the other religious people. Google whynogod and wake the fuck up.

Prayer/God has no place in our country other than you have the right to go to church on Sunday. Praying or interjecting God into our government is offensive to us who know there is no such thing as God. Its a fairy tale so stop trying to impose your fantasies on the rest of us. Muslims shouldn't try to impose their bullshit, Mormon's, Jehovas, Jews and CHRISTIANS TOO. Christians are just as stupid as the other religious people. Google whynogod and wake the fuck up.

You poor pathetic individual. :mad:

I would suggest to you that you are an intolerant snob who knows nothing about the morays that this nation was founded upon. Furthermore, not one person is "injecting" God into our government. Wake up fool.

Oh, and by the way - thanks for giving me the "right" to attend Church on Sunday. Where would we be without your magnanimity ??

Last edited:
Told ya so:

"
The court, in a 5-to-4 ruling today, said those prayers don't violate the Constitution -- even if they routinely emphasize Christianity -- as long as there's no effort to proselytize or to denigrate non-Christians. Justice Anthony Kennedy said the prayers are ceremonial, and in keeping with the nation's traditions. He wrote that they are designed to "acknowledge religious leaders and the institutions they represent," and not to "exclude or coerce nonbelievers."

A sad day for the anti-Christian fascists indeed.

High court ruling favors prayer at council meeting - WTOP.com
I'm glad to see we haven't completely fallen off the cliff.

What cliff?

Theocrats win again.

That's the cliff.

This ruling won't be the end of it either.

Christians won't be happy until we have either Nazi Germany or Saudi Arabia (Christian Style) in this country. :mad:

Christians won't be happy until we have either Nazi Germany or Saudi Arabia (Christian Style) in this country. :mad:
Let's rumble:

"Let us stand now, unbowed and unfettered by arcane doctrines born of fearful minds in darkened times. Let us embrace the Luciferian impulse to eat of the Tree of Knowledge and dissipate our blissful and comforting delusions of old. Let us demand that individuals be judged for their concrete actions, not their fealty to arbitrary social norms and illusory categorizations. Let us reason our solutions with agnosticism in all things, holding fast only to that which is demonstrably true. Let us stand firm against any and all arbitrary authority that threatens the personal sovereignty of One or All. That which will not bend must break, and that which can be destroyed by truth should never be spared its demise. It is Done. Hail Satan."

It's going to be a hoot watching the Christians flip out when someplace like Dearborn, Michigan starts opening their city counsel meetings with an appeal to Allah.

Exactly what I was thinking. Sure, they claim it's okay now because it fits their agenda, but I guarantee the first time it happens they start screaming "SHARIA LAW!".

Things could get interesting if the Muslims want equal time with their praying/call to prayer at the same meetings where Christians are praying.

Last edited:

Truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "today--yes, tonight--before the rooster crows twice you yourself will disown me three times."

Mark 14-30
Peter was an ass, what can I say. His throne has a decent guy sitting on at the moment however. He won't like this decision either since God is supposed to matter but not in this case. Pray away team, pray away.
Peter was faithful to all that is good when he shouldered the new church, loving the faithful, shepherding the lost back to the teachings of Christ, and disciplining those who needed correction with true justice.

Peter did not hide from his mistakes. When he was martyred, he insisted on being nailed to the cross upside down because he claimed he was unworthy to die the same as Jesus Christ. Peter was a good choice, and having him to found the church after the Resurrection has lasted a long, long time. Peter may have been humble, but when it was time to step up to the plate and lead Christianity, he did even though it cost him his life and the hatred of insecure politicians. ;)

Are you sure about that, Mr. Sallow? :rolleyes:

It's going to be a hoot watching the Christians flip out when someplace like Dearborn, Michigan starts opening their city counsel meetings with an appeal to Allah.

Exactly what I was thinking. Sure, they claim it's okay now because it fits their agenda, but I guarantee the first time it happens they start screaming "SHARIA LAW!".

Dearborn ok. What about down in the bible belt ?

"Let us pray, we meditate on the transcendental glory of the deity supreme, who is inside the heart of the earth, inside the life of the sky and inside the soul of heaven. May he stimulate and illuminate our minds.

"Lead us from the unreal to real, from darkness to light, and from death to immortality. May we be protected together. May we be nourished together. May we work together with great vigor. May our study be enlightening. May no obstacle arise between us."

Seeking the blessings of god on behalf of and for the Senators, Zed declared, "May the Senators strive constantly to serve the welfare of the world, performing their duties with the welfare of others always in mind. Because by devotion to selfless work one attains the supreme goal of life. May they work carefully and wisely, guided by compassion, and without though for themselves."

"United your resolve, united your hearts, may your spirits be at one, that you may long dwell in unity and concord!" he added, and ended with, "Peace, peace, peace be unto all."
US Senate opens with Hindu prayer

A 5-4 ruling? WTF you mean four justices of the supreme court think that spoken prayers violate the Constitution?

"Bide ye Wiccan laws ye must, in perfect love and perfect trust.
Live and let live, fairly take and fairly give.
Form the circle thrice about to keep all evil spirits out.
Soft of eye, light of touch, speak ye little, listen much.
Deosil go by the waxing moon, singing out ye Witches' Rune.
Widdershins go by the waning moon, chanting out the baneful rune.
When the Lady's moon is new, kiss your hand to her times two.
When the rippling waters flow, cast a stone and truth ye'll know.
When ye have and hold a need, harken not with others' greed.
With a fool no seasons spend, lest ye be counted as his friend.
Merry meet and merry part, bright the cheeks and warm the heart.
Mind ye threefold law ye should, three times bad and three times good.
When misfortune is anow, wear the star upon thy brow.
True in Love ye must ever be, lest thy love be false to thee.
In these eight words, the Wiccan Rede fulfill
"An' it harm none, do what thou wilt.""
http://www.mysticmooncoven.org/rede.htm

If God is the guiding force of US politicians then God is a failure.

God is a crutch for the weak and stupid, or a bludgeon to be used by those in power to gain more power. God does not serve any other purpose.

Fascism and religion share the trait of forcing everyone to convert through fear, violence, and/or propaganda. It doesn't matter what name you call "God". God, Jesus, Allah, Yahweh, Krishna, L. Ron- it's all the same fictional stone-age gibberish. We don't have the internet because of Jesus, we don't have armed drones because of Buddha, we don't have a nuclear arsenal capable of killing every life form on Earth because of the Bible.

If God is the guiding force of US politicians then God is a failure.

You really chopped up your strawman. Do you feel better now? God provides us the leaders that this society deserves. We don't get the rose garden until Jesus returns to lead the world.

"Let us pray. O mighty God, the merciful, the wise, the most high possessor of greatness, we stand and humbly beseech your divine providence upon this house of representatives, grant them clear vision and legislative acumen as they navigate the waters of our national issues, grant them insight, and wisdom, and bless them to follow the logic to its logical conclusion, grant them the quality of excellence in planning, both short and long-term, the focuses on the right thing, the right way, at the right time, as we pledge one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all, in acknowledging you God, who created us all, and cares about us all equally, bless this house to be reflective of e pluribus unum, the many diverse, wonderful, beautiful expressions of human life that have contributed to the beauty and strength of America, and bless them to have always the right perception of our nation, that first of all this nation is a gift from you and under you God we are responsible for how we treat everything, amen."
One nation under Allah: Congress Opens With Muslim Imam?s Prayer

Forum List

Back