Supreme Court upholds Obamacare subsidies

Fudging the numbers won't help. ACA and expanded Medicare have between 14 and 16 million new insured Americans. They will vote against a candidate that threatens their health care.

Thus endeth the lesson.

Judging from some of the liberal responses, I genuinely wonder how many liberals really understand what Obamacare is. When you see inane remarks like "another loss for conservatives trying to take away people's health care," you wonder if such folks even understand what that "care" is.

They don't. Clearly they haven't read the hundreds of articles it has generated and just spout party line talking points. I see the articles everyday ( both pro and con) They are send to me by the big hospitals as an FYI.
I think it's far more important than reading bull shit in millions of articles written about the law by other people who never read it, is to take the time to read it yourself.

H.R.3590 - 111th Congress 2009-2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Congress.gov Library of Congress

Second most incorrect statement of the day: " insurance rates and deductibles skyrocketed for most of the population, and actually made seeing a doctor unaffordable for many in the middle class.."

If you want to contradict this, be specific with good evidence. Hint: you can't do that.

Flopper

How about if we just ask the guy who wrote the ACA?????

Obamacare advisor thinks voters are stupid Opinion - CNN.com

There appears to be a bottomless well of Gruber's greatest hits.

In yet another, from a speech at the University of Pennsylvania in 2013, he explains that the very function of the law -- doing what it was designed to do -- was totally unpalatable to voters (that is, if only we'd turned away from our Cheetos bags and NASCAR races long enough to catch it).

"If you had a law which said healthy people are going to pay in -- if you made it explicit that healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed."

To hammer the point home, he admits that the sales pitch was one big cover-up operation: "Lack of transparency is a huge advantage. And basically, you know, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever. But basically that was really, really critical to getting the thing to pass."

And in still another video he's caught telling Washington University at St. Louis in 2013 that one important provision of the bill passed "because the American people are too stupid to understand the difference."

Let's be clear: Gruber didn't say any of this incredibly arrogant, deeply offensive stuff in a soft whisper at a clandestine meeting of liberal donors. He said these things out loud, at lectures, over and over and over again, without even an attempt at discretion.

OMG, Scalia reached different results applying the same analysis. Who'd a guessed!

No, he reached the same conclusion. He voted against the law using the same logic you dimwit.

A law must be applied by the text, not to be improved upon by the court. The law must live or die by how it is written. That's what he said in his dissent, bendog. And I will always defer to the superior legal expertise of a SCOTUS justice over your armchair litigating.

Notice how bendog fell silent after that revelation. And JakeStarkey fell for ben's faux logic.

Another loss for conservatives trying to take away peoples healthcare

So basically if a law is big enough, and poorly written enough, it can't be overturned no matter how much the court realizes the wording was explicit to the States?

Four words

A petty attempt by Republicans to hurt Americans just so they can destroy Obamacare

How about the people who write a law pay attention when doing it?

Or read a bill before voting for it,

Good, they aren't necessary. Health Care is a national issue. You know, One Nation Under God right?

When is your delusional mind going to accept the fact that there are no national issues, only State issues and federal issues. The Constitution was supposed to draw very distinct lines between the two. Welcome to post-constitutional America.
Last time I checked we had something called National Security, or did you miss that part of reality, like most of the rest? Public Health is a national issue, period.

WHY IS IT MY RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP YOU AND YOURS HEALTHY?

WHY IS THE PARASITIC MANIFESTO PROTECTED BY "NATIONAL SECURITY"??

OH , I TOTALLY FORGOT, THE PARASITES ARE NOW THE MAJORITY SO THEY GET TO DEFINE NATIONAL SECURITY.

Infants think only of themselves, hence you. The grownups can see that other people matter too...

IF OTHER PEOPLE MATTER , YOU STUPID SON OF BITCH, THEN WHY DON'T YOU BUY HEALTH INSURANCE FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR FOLKS

WHY DO YOU LEAVE IT TO TAXPAYERS TO TAKE CARE OF YOU?

IF HEALTH CARE IS IMPORTANT WHY THE FUCK DO YOU LET THE GOVERNMENT CONTROL IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

IF YOU FUCKING WELL DO NOT WANT "THE GOVERNMENT" TO INTERFER IN HEALTH CARE, WHY THE FUCK DON'T YOU STOP TRYING TO BAN ABORTION?

So...what you going to do now Republicans?

How about we do this? Come up with a "replace" plan that the party agrees on and convince America that it will be better than Obamacare

Otherwise, America will know you are full of shit

When is your delusional mind going to accept the fact that there are no national issues, only State issues and federal issues. The Constitution was supposed to draw very distinct lines between the two. Welcome to post-constitutional America.
Last time I checked we had something called National Security, or did you miss that part of reality, like most of the rest? Public Health is a national issue, period.

WHY IS IT MY RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP YOU AND YOURS HEALTHY?

WHY IS THE PARASITIC MANIFESTO PROTECTED BY "NATIONAL SECURITY"??

OH , I TOTALLY FORGOT, THE PARASITES ARE NOW THE MAJORITY SO THEY GET TO DEFINE NATIONAL SECURITY.

Infants think only of themselves, hence you. The grownups can see that other people matter too...

IF OTHER PEOPLE MATTER , YOU STUPID SON OF BITCH, THEN WHY DON'T YOU BUY HEALTH INSURANCE FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR FOLKS

WHY DO YOU LEAVE IT TO TAXPAYERS TO TAKE CARE OF YOU?

IF HEALTH CARE IS IMPORTANT WHY THE FUCK DO YOU LET THE GOVERNMENT CONTROL IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

IF YOU FUCKING WELL DO NOT WANT "THE GOVERNMENT" TO INTERFER IN HEALTH CARE, WHY THE FUCK DON'T YOU STOP TRYING TO BAN ABORTION?

BAN ABORTION?

HUH?

YOU RESPONDED TO THE WRONG POSTER.

How about we do this? Come up with a "replace" plan that the party agrees on and convince America that it will be better than Obamacare

How about they run on the fact that most Americans hate GruberCare??????

After all, getting nothing is better than taking a big bite of shit......

OMG, Scalia reached different results applying the same analysis. Who'd a guessed!

No, he reached the same conclusion. He voted against the law using the same logic you dimwit.

A law must be applied by the text, not to be improved upon by the court. The law must live or die by how it is written. That's what he said in his dissent, bendog. And I will always defer to the superior legal expertise of a SCOTUS justice over your armchair litigating.

Yes, and if just one word is accidentally missing from a law and an asshole finds a way to use that as a loophole to try to destroy said law, well, oops...

How totally stupid.

OK ...let's go there
Kicking ten million off their insurance
Kicking 26 year olds off their parents policy
Sending people with prexisting conditions back in the open marked
Kicking people off of Medicaid and ending subsidies

Is that what Republicans are willing to run on?

Tell that to the more than 10,000,000 who are now covered and to the many millions more who get more care, often for less cost.

Righties live in a fantasy world, really, they do.

OK ...let's go there

I say, the Republicans should run on exactly that and see how they do.

Judging from some of the liberal responses, I genuinely wonder how many liberals really understand what Obamacare is. When you see inane remarks like "another loss for conservatives trying to take away people's health care," you wonder if such folks even understand what that "care" is.

They don't. Clearly they haven't read the hundreds of articles it has generated and just spout party line talking points. I see the articles everyday ( both pro and con) They are send to me by the big hospitals as an FYI.
I think it's far more important than reading bull shit in millions of articles written about the law by other people who never read it, is to take the time to read it yourself.

H.R.3590 - 111th Congress 2009-2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Congress.gov Library of Congress

Well, I dd it. I read it by myself.

The Bill approved by the House read:

FINAL VOTE RESULTS FOR ROLL CALL 768(Democrats in roman; Republicans in italic; Independents underlined)
H R 3590 2/3 YEA-AND-NAY 8-Oct-2009 12:15 PM
QUESTION: On Motion to Suspend the Rules and Pass

BILL TITLE: Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act

What I am looking for is the House version of the ACA.

Now be a good citizen and find it for me.

Thanks

OK ...let's go there

I say, the Republicans should run on exactly that and see how they do.

They love to talk the talk and spout the rhetoric

But out of 15 + Republican candidates, I have not heard a single word on what they propose as "Replace"

Trust us?

Yes, and if just one word is accidentally missing from a law and an asshole finds a way to use that as a loophole to try to destroy said law, well, oops...

How totally stupid.

Guess you missed where the same language was used 7 times, so it wasn't just one word.

Forum List

Back