Supremes: Hobby Lobby wins

No, if you're a woman working for the company, does the company NOW have the cause based on their religion to NOT promote you since their faith is very patriarchal?

You're pretty good at asking for answers.

Answering simple questions: Not so much;

I'll ask again:

Why would a woman, knowing she may not receive a promotion because she is a woman, choose to work for your hypothetical Muslim Company?
ill answer, because sometimes that's all they can get at the moment.

Someone on facebook said this was only
" It's fact-specific and applies to BC only."
, but i disagree, people will still try because now they have a foothold to go off of.

Can of worms has been opened, and i for one can't wait for a Muslim centric company to go to court over things like this. So i can watch these same people applauding this loose their heads because of sharia law.

It would appear that there is now precedent for doing so; if the court has now recongnized that companies can have a religion.

The right only wants freedom for themselves, no one else.

Well, you can your ilk can sell yourselves into slavery, for all I care. However, I object if you want to take me with you.

What "freedom" is being denied to you?

The freedom to get the health procedures I want through the health insurance that I pay for.

You mean you actually believe that Obamacare is the way to get health insurance you want?

We'll have to add your entry onto the list of dumbest statements posted in USMB.

Last edited:
Luissa confuses libertine with liberty.

It has nothing to do with morals etc.. Countries that have legalized most drugs or decriminalized them have seen a drop in addiction. Instead of throwing drug offenders in jail, we should treat their addiction. For one it would be cheaper.
Our prisons are over populated with non violent drug offenders. That isn't liberty or freedom.

Awesome. Now we can all die because a corporation can assert that their religion prevents them from covering blood transfusions and life saving procedures. While they laugh their asses off to the bank knowing they lied, got Americans killed, and take in more profits.

This country is heading to third world status fast.

:cuckoo:

He's absolutely right.

Religion has nothing to do with it. Blood transfusions and life saving procedures are a non sequitur. If you want to get people the care they deserve, lower healthcare costs. But wait, Obamacare is responsible for making them higher. All the meanwhile Government laughs its ass off trampling the Constitution, knowing they stripped millions of people of their coverage, and most likely killed many more by making the cost of care higher.

And while we're on the subject of killing, you can just ask those dead veterans the VA was responsible for. Where were their life saving procedures?

This country is headed for reality fast.

Have to see what the scope of the ruling is

On the surface, it can go well beyond birth control

If my boss is Jehovah's Witness, will the insurance he provides have to cover blood transfusions? If my boss is Southern Baptist and my child needs stem cell therapy, will the insurance he provides be required to cover it?

The Conservatives are crowing about this Hobby Lobby decision. Well, crowing right up until they are forced to realize that the religious knife cuts deeper than contraceptives.

Doubtful. The Jehovah's witnesses have never tried to stop others from receiving blood. That religious rule only applies to them. It is MUCH different than contraception where those people believe that it is murder.

Corporations don't have religion because "You cannot serve both money and God."

Are you saying you can't help the poor with money? As long as money is not their master...

Last edited:
Excellent!

Libs losing double. It's a good day.

Liberals are the only ones to lose? So liberals are the only ones who want to exercise birth control through the health insurance they pay for at their workplace. Oh, I didn't know that.

There is a LOT you don't know. That is why you are a liberal. Conservatives are quite happy to buy their own contraceptives or even exercise self-control. Two foreign concepts to you I know.

You're pretty good at asking for answers.

Answering simple questions: Not so much;

I'll ask again:

Why would a woman, knowing she may not receive a promotion because she is a woman, choose to work for your hypothetical Muslim Company?
ill answer, because sometimes that's all they can get at the moment.

Someone on facebook said this was only
" It's fact-specific and applies to BC only."
, but i disagree, people will still try because now they have a foothold to go off of.

Can of worms has been opened, and i for one can't wait for a Muslim centric company to go to court over things like this. So i can watch these same people applauding this loose their heads because of sharia law.

It would appear that there is now precedent for doing so; if the court has now recongnized that companies can have a religion.

Closely held companies, i.e. non public ones.

That's a profoundly terrible ruling.

Yeah, then so was the Obamacare ruling and what did your side say???? let me think??? I believe you said tough shit.

So people can't have an opinion on whether or not they agree with a ruling?

What is wrong with you?

Right... just like the left is so tolerant of heterosexuals and their opinion that homosexuality is disgusting and perverted... just like that.

If my boss is Jehovah's Witness, will the insurance he provides have to cover blood transfusions? If my boss is Southern Baptist and my child needs stem cell therapy, will the insurance he provides be required to cover it?

The Conservatives are crowing about this Hobby Lobby decision. Well, crowing right up until they are forced to realize that the religious knife cuts deeper than contraceptives.

Before this ruling there are people with cancer that purchased obamacare that cannot find a dr to get needed treatment. There are also obamacare policies that are now refusing to cover ms medications because of their cost. Not being able to get abortion drugs is not such a BIG deal to many with much bigger problems.
Where is your outrage when it comes to what is already being done to those that are in need of cancer or ms treatment??
I smell Faux outrage using a what if instead of what already is :cuckoo::cuckoo:

No, You Can't Keep Your Drugs Either Under Obamacare - Forbes
Alarming news: TX largest cancer treatment centers will not accept ACA patients
This decision says companies can impose their 'religious' dogma on their employees thus walling them off from medical coverage. It says the employer's 'religious' rights are protected, yet the employee's religious rights can take a back seat so long as they draw a paycheck.

Surely there are aspects of Obamacare that badly need adjusting. But this decision makes a claim of 'religion' strong enough to harm or kill an employee and call it regrettable, but "God's" will.

Closely held corporations can have a religious viewpoint.
The lawyers are going to love this one. We still have ED drugs, blood transfusions, pregnancy, abortion, mental illness, drugs for mental illness, addiction, and a whole host of other things an employer might find offensive. Here we go kiddos...

Thanks obamacare, you opened up the doors for attorneys to make billions.

Doubtful. The Jehovah's witnesses have never tried to stop others from receiving blood. That religious rule only applies to them. It is MUCH different than contraception where those people believe that it is murder.

What the heck are you talking about?

This ruling does create conditions that that very scenario illustrates.

Effectively, the Supreme Court has opened the door to theocracy.

In a way the decision is a very narrow one considering that Hobby Lobby was only opposed to the "day after" types of birth control and will allow their female employees to buy other kinds.

Two things I'm wondering about though. How will this affect their female employee's and their right to make personal decisions with their physicians regarding their own bodies (will they be threatened with termination if they buy birth control on their own or if the government pays for it?) and how that affects their own first amendment rights.

We'll see...

Blood transfusions are against the dogma of the Jehovah Witness. Contraceptives are against the dogma of the owners of Hobby Lobby. If Hobby Lobby is no longer required to provide coverage for women's health, why should the Jehovah Witness provide coverage against his particular dogma? Or the Southern Baptist employer and stem cell therapy?

Once you endow companies with the freedom of religion, how can we avoid company imposed religious dogma?

Before this ruling there are people with cancer that purchased obamacare that cannot find a dr to get needed treatment. There are also obamacare policies that are now refusing to cover ms medications because of their cost. Not being able to get abortion drugs is not such a BIG deal to many with much bigger problems.
Where is your outrage when it comes to what is already being done to those that are in need of cancer or ms treatment??
I smell Faux outrage using a what if instead of what already is :cuckoo::cuckoo:

No, You Can't Keep Your Drugs Either Under Obamacare - Forbes
Alarming news: TX largest cancer treatment centers will not accept ACA patients
This decision says companies can impose their 'religious' dogma on their employees thus walling them off from medical coverage. It says the employer's 'religious' rights are protected, yet the employee's religious rights can take a back seat so long as they draw a paycheck.

Surely there are aspects of Obamacare that badly need adjusting. But this decision makes a claim of 'religion' strong enough to harm or kill an employee and call it regrettable, but "God's" will.

What makes you think your employer has to provide your birth control?

Awesome. Now we can all die because a corporation can assert that their religion prevents them from covering blood transfusions and life saving procedures. While they laugh their asses off to the bank knowing they lied, got Americans killed, and take in more profits.

This country is heading to third world status fast.

Oh no, you mean Americans might have to revert back to the way things were before Obamacare

Say it aint so !

Forum List

Back