SURPRISE!!...better be sitting down...Iran backs out of "Framework" "Deal"

What are we going to do? Go to war??? Get another 10,000, 50,000 or 100,000 American soliders killed and another 5 trillion more spent on nation building.

Let's not and lets spend it on ourselves!!! Lets spend it on infrastructure, science, r&d and education! War is dumb!

bg4g42.jpg

Seems to me the OP is a strawman.

Explain, specifically. How could one provide a strawman argument, before there was an argument?? :eusa_eh:

Good point, I stand corrected. It's simply dishonest.

So the OP posted something dishonest? So Iran is not backing out of the deal?

What are we going to do? Go to war??? Get another 10,000, 50,000 or 100,000 American soliders killed and another 5 trillion more spent on nation building.

Let's not and lets spend it on ourselves!!! Lets spend it on infrastructure, science, r&d and education! War is dumb!

bg4g42.jpg

Explain, specifically. How could one provide a strawman argument, before there was an argument?? :eusa_eh:

Okay....so then specifically what is dishonest?
I said, as anyone with a clear mind at all said, that the Ayatollah would reject the "deal" (none ever existed in the first place anyway) just before the deadline.
This is what they do. This is what they always do.
Any "deal" that would omit military sites and access to scientist is not a deal. That is asinine.

...and just like so many said here, and were berated by Obama followers for saying so - Iran's Ayahtolla states he will not support any deal that includes UN inspections of nuke sites....which means of course he will support no deal at all.

Shocked, shocked I say!!!

Iran s leader says no to military inspections - CNN.com

Iran s leader rejects foreign access to military sites scientists Fox News

Did you actually read your own link?

(CNN)Iran's Supreme Leader has said the country will not allow any inspections of its military facilities, the official state news agency reported Wednesday.

On the other hand, Iran says that its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes only, so the country's nuclear facilities might not be covered by the statement by Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the Supreme Leader.

Not allowing UN inspectors on military bases has nothing at all to do with inspecting nuclear plants.

Once again the rabid right grasps at straws!

:cuckoo:
Unless the military facilities are where they are creating nuclear weapons.

In which case the Iranians are tacitly admitting that their nuclear program is not intended for peaceful purposes.

If that is so then they will just have to deal with continued sanctions and the inevitable unrest that comes from those privations.

Alternatively this is just more blather and saber rattling to try and win concessions at the bargaining table. Given that this is how negotiations usually go in the ME it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this was just another bluff on their part.

Last edited:

bg4g42.jpg

I said, as anyone with a clear mind at all said, that the Ayatollah would reject the "deal" (none ever existed in the first place anyway) just before the deadline.
Any "deal" that would omit military sites and access to scientist is not a deal. That is asinine.

It's not been rejected yet.

What hasn't been rejected?
You mean the "deal" that Obama/Kerry said we have, that they immediately stated was not agreed upon?
Let me say this clearly and succinctly so that there is no misunderstanding.... and please bookmark so you can quote me later...

IRAN WILL NEVER ALLOW INSPECTORS IN.

There...
They have said so many, many, many times. It will not happen.
This is not saber rattling, this is their leaders, AGAIN, simply repeating what they said all along.
Which is why it was foolhardy to have the talks in the first place. That was their attempt to lower sanctions...which worked flawlessly.

You mean the "deal" that Obama/Kerry said we have, that they immediately stated was not agreed upon?
Let me say this clearly and succinctly so that there is no misunderstanding.... and please bookmark so you can quote me later...

There...
This is not saber rattling, this is their leaders, AGAIN, simply repeating what they said all along.
Which is why it was foolhardy to have the talks in the first place. That was their attempt to lower sanctions...which worked flawlessly.

What sanctions have been "lowered"?

So we seem to have two false claims so far: one, that the deal has been rejected and two, that sanctions have been lowered.

...and just like so many said here, and were berated by Obama followers for saying so - Iran's Ayahtolla states he will not support any deal that includes UN inspections of nuke sites....which means of course he will support no deal at all.

Shocked, shocked I say!!!

Iran s leader says no to military inspections - CNN.com

Iran s leader rejects foreign access to military sites scientists Fox News

Did you actually read your own link?

(CNN)Iran's Supreme Leader has said the country will not allow any inspections of its military facilities, the official state news agency reported Wednesday.

On the other hand, Iran says that its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes only, so the country's nuclear facilities might not be covered by the statement by Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the Supreme Leader.

Not allowing UN inspectors on military bases has nothing at all to do with inspecting nuclear plants.

Once again the rabid right grasps at straws!

:cuckoo:

In which case the Iranians are tacitly admitting that their nuclear program is not intended for peaceful purposes.

If that is so then they will just have to deal with continued sanctions and the inevitable unrest that comes from those privations.

Alternatively this is just more blather and saber rattling to try and win concessions at the bargaining table. Given that this is how negotiations usually go in the ME it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this was just another bluff on their part.

So Iran learned from Saddam how to deal with the US and the UN.

These far left drones never learn..

Are you being obtuse?
The sanctions against Iran will begin lifting, what is it, mid next month if I remember correctly?
You wait and see, Obama will raise them, as sure as I am sitting here he will - despite this.
He will get on TV and say all kinds of tough sounding soundbytes, while beginning the lifts when the "talks" restart next month.
Wait and see.

So we seem to have two false claims so far: one, that the deal has been rejected and two, that sanctions have been lowered.

Iran has rejected the deal and we are waiting for Obama to bend to their will to cement his horrid legacy!

But the far left is hopeful that Obama will still be the messiah that they think he is..

Nothing false about it.
I suppose Obama could agree to Iran's demand that there be no inspections. But that would sort of defeat the purpose, no? Can you imagine Congress going along with it?

There...

Does it matter? Obviously, sanctions have not deterred them. Thank you.

Jeses Christ you people are either dumb as toast or simply being dishonest.
IN THE DEAL - the sanctions begin lifting mid-next month. Hell, Obama wanted to raise them even earlier...like the day he said they agreed.
What I am saying is, the only reason Iran sat down was to get the sanctions lifted.
Which they got. I never meant that it already happened, I thought that was clear all along.

On the other hand, Iran says that its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes only, so the country's nuclear facilities might not be covered by the statement byAyatollah Ali Khamenei, the Supreme Leader.

And of course, liberals like you hang on every one of his words. Did it ever occur to you that he's lying?

Well um no, I read the article and I quoted that line from it.

Imo, the deal is going to fail because there are too many resident kooks who want it to fail.

Forum List

Back