Surprising Upset in North Carolina

A young man, wheelchair bound & very conservative, beat the Beltway Republicans' choice to replace Mark Meadows!

Conservative Madison Cawthorn Defeats Beltway-Endorsed Lynda Bennett
It’s good to see the fine people of NC know that women can’t be capable, effective leaders. Lefties must love Cawthorns pro life anti abortion position and his commitment to God, family and American values. I like this kid.

“the first-time candidate said in his victory speech posted on his Facebook page that he supports Trump and looks forward to “fighting alongside our president after I’m elected in November.”

“Tonight, the voters of the 11th district of North Carolina said they’re ready for a new generation of leadership in Washington,” he said. “You turned our message of hope, opportunity and freedom into a movement. While the far left is lighting our cities on fire, we are lifting the light of liberty. Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden may not be able to control where the Democrats are going but, together, we can.”

1593008806198.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

Cawthorn was endorsed by 15 sheriffs and police chiefs in North Carolina, as well as the Catawba Valley Tea Party and the WNC Constitutional Patriots.

At just 24-years-old and an 8th-generation North Carolinian, Cawthorn ran on ending sanctuary city policies, defending 2nd Amendment rights, a fierce pro-life platform, and defending faith-based values against “coastal elites and leftists.”

If sanctuary cities don’t want to uphold federal laws, then they should not get federal funds. Send me to Congress and I’ll fight to end this dangerous policy. #CawthornforNC pic.twitter.com/FNowtUVz2V
— Madison Cawthorn (@CawthornforNC) May 14, 2020

Cawthorn, a homeschooled student, had been nominated by Meadows to the U.S. Naval Academy in 2014 when he was nearly killed in a car crash that left him paralyzed and in a wheelchair.

I guess being a 2nd Amendment, law and order guy means something in some places.

A young man, wheelchair bound & very conservative, beat the Beltway Republicans' choice to replace Mark Meadows!

one slight catch. His age is listed at 24. House members must be 25 so I guess he has to wait to be sworn in.

I was wondering about that, hell I thought you could not run until of age. How did he get around that.
You can file and if elected cannot begin serving until age 25. Back in 1972 a fellow with the name Joe Biden attached to it won a senate seat at age 29, was not sworn in until age 30 in early 1973.

one slight catch. His age is listed at 24. House members must be 25 so I guess he has to wait to be sworn in.
He'll probably be of age by the end of the election. Do you folks really need this much help? Do you even try to use yours brains to think first?

President Trump is sometimes wrong when he backs someone. For example, Jeff Sessions will be far more conservative in Alabama than that old Auburn coach that Trump & Beltway Republicans are backing.

I was wondering about that, hell I thought you could not run until of age. How did he get around that.
You can file and if elected cannot begin serving until age 25. Back in 1972 a fellow with the name Joe Biden attached to it won a senate seat at age 29, was not sworn in until age 30 in early 1973.

Thank you sir.

I read he got 30 million from guy who was driving them back from Spring Break, and got 3 million from the ins company, so it stands to reason he is anti the ACA and any socialized medicine.

How do you guys think he started his business?? He was 18 when the accident happened and the driver was 17 who did not get hurt.

He is a republican dream machine.

I had to search high and low for this article, and I never heard of jezebel before now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back