🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

SWAT team throws stun grenade:lands in baby crib

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Holy toledo this is outrageous. All this "over the top" force being used these days is insane.

Horror as SWAT team throw a stun grenade into a toddler's CRIB during drugs raid leaving him in a coma with severe burns

Wisconsin mother Alecia Phonesavanh and her 19-month-old son, Bou, were visiting her sister-in-law in Atlanta, Georgi

They were all asleep when police raided the home early Wednesday

Phonesavanh said officers threw a grenade, which landed in her baby's crib and exploded in his face

The child was seriously injured and was rushed to Grady Memorial Hospital's burn unit where doctors placed him in a medically induced coma

Most photographs of the baby's burns are too graphic to show

Police said a multijurisdictional drug unit issued a warrant and organized the SWAT operation

It's not clear if any drugs were found in the home during the raid

Story at link. Baby before.

article-2643344-1E52023300000578-751_306x495.jpg

Baby after. I am just disgusted and appalled over this.

article-2643344-1E52023800000578-215_306x495.jpg

SWAT team throw stun grenade into baby's CRIB during drugs raid leaving him in coma | Mail Online

If you have a warrant I believe you can use thermal imaging, which you would think would be SOP thus avoiding situations like this.

OP wouldn't give a shit if it were a black baby. The police had a warrant for a piece of shit criminal. It is the criminal's fault. Not the polices.

Holy toledo this is outrageous. All this "over the top" force being used these days is insane.

Horror as SWAT team throw a stun grenade into a toddler's CRIB during drugs raid leaving him in a coma with severe burns

Wisconsin mother Alecia Phonesavanh and her 19-month-old son, Bou, were visiting her sister-in-law in Atlanta, Georgi

Phonesavanh said officers threw a grenade, which landed in her baby's crib and exploded in his face

The child was seriously injured and was rushed to Grady Memorial Hospital's burn unit where doctors placed him in a medically induced coma

Police said a multijurisdictional drug unit issued a warrant and organized the SWAT operation

SWAT team throw stun grenade into baby's CRIB during drugs raid leaving him in coma | Mail Online
Geesh, I got blown out of a window during a training day when one went off about 15 feet away.....DAMN!

I'm sure the city will be paying for lifetime care for this child.

They shouldn't have to pay shit. The police were attempting to catch a violent criminal. It is the criminals fault. Period.

But they got to use their cool TOYS! That';s the truly important part!

Many a truth is said in jest!

I wonder if present generation Americans are as outraged by these increasingly common examples of the emerging police state as are those of us who are old enough to remember a time when we would not believe such things could happen in this Nation -- and because of some vaguely mentioned "drug" investigation. This so-called "War On Drugs" has become justification for some of the most outrageously oppressive conduct on the part of our police and the Congress stands by letting it go on.

The media should not be allowed to evade reporting on this goddam shame!

God help. That poor little baby is scarred for life now. Those bastards should pay his medical expenses for life!
They should. That and more.

But the U.S. is well on its way to being a police state and it's very likely nothing will be done about this. It will quietly be pushed aside as an "unfortunate accident" occurring during a legitimate drug investigation.

Have a look at some more of the outrage perpetrated in the name of the wholly counterproductive drug war. Botched Paramilitary Police Raids | Cato Institute

I'm sure the city will be paying for lifetime care for this child.

They shouldn't have to pay shit. The police were attempting to catch a violent criminal. It is the criminals fault. Period.
What "violent criminal?" I didn't see anything about violent criminals. I read this was a drug investigation that turned up no drugs.

This kind of militaristic aggression on the part of police should be used only in the most extreme type of circumstances -- not in the all-too-common name of the drug war. These gung-ho nitwits are kicking doors down at 3AM all over America for such cause as "suspicion of marijuana possession."

Read about it:

SWAT Fever: It's Epidemic (Sorry About The Dogs) - Raw Fisher

No-knock "drug war" warrant = dead dogs, ruined home - Gordon Wagner - Open Salon

More Militarized Than the Military | The Agitator

Cato Map on SWAT Raids
Botched Paramilitary Police Raids | Cato Institute

OP wouldn't give a shit if it were a black baby. The police had a warrant for a piece of shit criminal. It is the criminal's fault. Not the polices.

What the hell is this shit that I wouldn't care if it was a black baby? I'm increasingly worried about the militarization of the police. On many levels.

Now to "its the criminals fault". What a pant load. A SWAT team is assembled over some drugs purchased in the afternoon from one individual? How over the top is that? Let alone the SWAT team going hell bent for leather to arrest one individual in a house full of people in the middle of the night?

That is excessive force by any stretch of the imagination.

SWAT teams should never be called until the cops have actually been shot at, using them for routine warrants should be grounds for everyone involved in the decision, including the judge who signed the warrant, to be fired and blacklisted from any government job.

Forum List

Back