Taxing the rich, for dummies

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
For many years the Democrats told us about all the "benefits" off raising taxes,

talkin' 'bout how they're going to fill the pot holes, how you're going to see infrastructure when you drive around, and how veterans are going to get a new motor scooter.

After years, and years, and years of hearing this BS and watching the government waste money, people had enough of politicians who want to raise taxes.

The Democrats switched to scare tactics. If you don't raise taxes, the National Debt will go berserk and you won't get Social Security.

The government collected more money, the National debt STILL went berserk, and every year they threaten to reduce Social Security.

The public was still against the idea of raising taxes.

-----------------------------------

Some Democrat came up with a genius idea, say "raise taxes on the rich". like someone else is going to pay the tax hikes. The Democrats have completely given up on trying to convince people, raising taxes will be beneficial.

-----------------------------------

A business has a cell phone made in China for 5 bucks each. They bring them to America and they sell them for $200 each, by doing this they become extremely wealthy.

Nearly every rich person in America is invested in business one way or another.

The public allows some politician to raise taxes "on the rich"

Ask yourself , which scenario is more probable...

1) A CEO says "They just raised taxes on our business!" , "Call my personal assistant, downgrade my house from 30 million to 2 million, tell the management team they're getting a pay cut, and tell the investors they're getting a profit cut!"

or

2) A CEO says "They just raised taxes on our business!" , "Call the sales manager and tell him to raise the price of out phones , 20 bucks!"

Who really pays the "tax on the rich"?

Well, a lot of the 1% are getting away with paying next to nothing while using our resources. Do you think that is fair? I think at the very least they should pay the stated amount that they should....

It is unfair for all the people that do pay their taxes.

Republicans want the super rich to pay private police to run this country. They pretty much want to abolish government all together....

The problem with this is the rich would have to pay to pave the roads and other things...I'd much rather have the system we have now...

Well, a lot of the 1% are getting away with paying next to nothing while using our resources. Do you think that is fair? I think at the very least they should pay the stated amount that they should....

So to you next to nothing means over 40% of individual income taxes?

What about the 47% of people who pay no income tax at all?

Republicans want the super rich to pay private police to run this country. They pretty much want to abolish government all together....

The problem with this is the rich would have to pay to pave the roads and other things...I'd much rather have the system we have now...
Idiotic post is idiotic

The top 1% pay an effective income tax rate of about 23%, because we have a progressive income tax system.

standalone_paf_4_0.png

And half the people who pay none.....:lol:

The love of the rich and the apologies for greed are fascinating topics. It is almost like the rich pay for trolls same as they pay for tax lawyers to rob the nation. Put them on a desert island and they'd starve, but place them in a rich nation full of trolls and lawyers and they divide and multiple like... Anyone see Trump's tax returns? Anyone. LOL

American claims religiosity and Christianity, they say they are fair and thoughtful? Instead you find the usual BS OP by people who are either trolls or empty headed.

"This disposition to admire, and almost to worship , the rich and powerful, and to despise, or, at least neglect persons of poor and mean conditions...is...the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." Adam Smith

"Companies achieve great economies, but they do so in part by driving wages down, and over time they will drive wages below the subsistence level unless the government intervenes to prevent them." Adam Smith

"On moral grounds, then, we could argue for a flat income tax of 90 percent to return that wealth to its real owners. In the United States, even a flat tax of 70 percent would support all governmental programs (about half the total tax) and allow payment, with the remainder, of a patrimony of about $8,000 per annum per inhabitant, or $25,000 for a family of three. This would generously leave with the original recipients of the income about three times what, according to my rough guess, they had earned." A Basic Income for All | Boston Review

"“We don’t have a full-voiced condemnation of the level or extent of poverty in America today,” said Matthew Desmond, a Harvard professor of sociology. “We aren’t having in our presidential debate right now a serious conversation about the fact that we are the richest democracy in the world, with the most poverty. It should be at the very top of the agenda.”

It is not as if Washington policy makers have completely forgotten the poor. President Obama and House Speaker Paul D. Ryan of Wisconsin have advocated expanding the earned-income tax credit for childless men and tackling a criminal justice system that has saddled minor offenders with lives of economic struggle." http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/12/us/politics/trump-clinton-poverty.html

"Historian Phillips-Fein traces the hidden history of the Reagan revolution to a coterie of business executives, including General Electric official and Reagan mentor Lemuel Boulware, who saw labor unions, government regulation, high taxes and welfare spending as dire threats to their profits and power. From the 1930s onward, the author argues, they provided the money, organization and fervor for a decades-long war against New Deal liberalism—funding campaigns, think tanks, magazines and lobbying groups, and indoctrinating employees in the virtues of unfettered capitalism." Invisible Hands: The Making of the Conservative Movement from the New Deal to Reagan: Kim Phillips-Fein: 9780393059304: Amazon.com: Books

What about them? They take advantage of the government's tax code. What's the matter, you to stupid to take advantage of the government's tax code? Hire an accountant.

Besides that, you have been "educated" before on those 47%. WTF you ragging on them again for? It just feels so good for you to feel superior to SOMEONE eh? Well dude, it's just a feeling. It ain't real.

What about them? They take advantage of the government's tax code. What's the matter, you to stupid to take advantage of the government's tax code? Hire an accountant.

Besides that, you have been "educated" before on those 47%. WTF you ragging on them again for? It just feels so good for you to feel superior to SOMEONE eh? Well dude, it's just a feeling. It ain't real.

Then don't whine about the rich not paying their "fair share". After all they are following the tax codes

Ahhh....one of the 47% speaks.....

Then don't whine about the rich not paying their "fair share". After all they are following the tax cod

Hey dude I don't whine about them. I do advocate changing the tax code.

If you had balls, you would be clamoring form the same thing (change the tax code). Except I want the ultra wealthy to be a little less ultra wealthy, while you want the working poor to be poorer.

Any chance you can see the difference?
Also any chance you understand how the ultra wealthy can influence changes in the tax code.for their benefit? Or do you not think lobbyists matter?

Finally, why won't republicans eliminate the EITC? Is it because the EITC is a republican idea?

Then don't whine about the rich not paying their "fair share". After all they are following the tax cod

Hey dude I don't whine about them. I do advocate changing the tax code.

If you had balls, you would be clamoring form the same thing (change the tax code). Except I want the ultra wealthy to be a little less ultra wealthy, while you want the working poor to be poorer.

Any chance you can see the difference?
Also any chance you understand how the ultra wealthy can influence changes in the tax code.for their benefit? Or do you not think lobbyists matter?

Finally, why won't republicans eliminate the EITC? Is it because the EITC is a republican idea?

I don't know if you're retarded or suffered a recent head injury that affected your memory

I have argued for tax code changes here for years in fact you have even been part of some of those threads

Ahhh....one of the 47% speaks.....

Yep, you sure do. 3610 times you spoke. But no one knows what the fuck you are talking about.

I will leave for work shortly while you sit on your ass posting non sense ALL day. But you think I am in the working poor eh? Wanna bet all you own?

have argued for tax code changes here for years in fact you have even been part of some of those threads

Disingenuous hack you are. Yea I have seen your "tax.code" Bullshit. All you want to do is give away the store to the ultra wealthy. Fuck that. Your idea sucks and it has been explained to you why it sucks. You to dumb to remember?

Forum List

Back