Tea Party Persecution...Why?

You are confused. You are approaching the Tea Party, like it's a political party with party planks for all the hot button issues. That's not what the Tea Party is about.

That is what happens when people start thinking the government is the cure-all for everything ... Or that their desires should mean squat to other people.

LOL so you don't like the Tea Party because you imagine that the Tea Party folks must be against liberty because you personally have not heard them discuss the War on Drugs. ROFL

It's just one example.

But I support your freedom to jump to conclusions, so by all means, knock yourself out.
You are confused. You are approaching the Tea Party, like it's a political party with party planks for all the hot button issues. That's not what the Tea Party is about.

They'll need to get there eventually if they hope to make any kind of difference.

So what about you... Do you consider yourself a Tea Partier and do you support federal drug laws and the DEA?

That is what happens when people start thinking the government is the cure-all for everything ... Or that their desires should mean squat to other people.

Is that supposed to be some kind of reasoned argument? :dunno:

So I'll ask you the same question... Do you consider yourself a Tea Partier and do you support federal drug laws and the DEA?

So I'll ask you the same question... Do you consider yourself a Tea Partier and do you support federal drug laws and the DEA?

stupid question, you can be one without supporting the other.

You would think that a group that believe the government should follow the Constitution, reduce the national debt, lower taxes, reduce government waste and corruption and have fiscally responsible government..would be popular, instead their persecuted by the left and the left want-to-Be's....:dunno:

You really have to ask this question this soon after mostly Tea Party infantile obstructionism shut down the government?

I am not a Tea Party Member ... I am a Strict Constructionist (more of a philosophy on law and legislation).
Look it up and you will soon find out why it is considered archaic, absolutely hated by Progressive Liberals ... And if you have any sense whatsoever ... It will answer your questions about where I stand on the DEA or any law.

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

Do you support federal drug laws and the DEA?

It's really a simple question.

Since you are apparently the arbiter of what the Tea Party is all about, what does it mean to be a Tea Partier?

I have gone to some Tea Party events. I believe our War on Drugs to be counter productive and a restriction on liberty. I am in favor of some federal drug laws. I support the DEA through my taxes, I have no choice.

Perhaps if you could form your sentences with more care, and define some of these terms you are using, we might be able to have a fruitful conversation.

Last edited:

I am not a Tea Party Member ... I am a Strict Constructionist (more of a philosophy on law and legislation).
Look it up and you will soon find out why it is considered archaic, absolutely hated by Progressive Liberals ... And if you have any sense whatsoever ... It will answer your questions about where I stand on the DEA or any law.

Sounds to me like you don't support federal drug laws or the DEA.

However I am left to wonder why you'd be so coy about it.

its not that simple. I support some controls on drugs. I support the legalization of some drugs that are now illegal. I support reducing the length of drug patents in order to get generics in the marketplace sooner. I support the right of a state to make its own decisions on which drugs it wants to sell over the counter and which ones require a prescription.

I think your real question is "do you think the DEA and drug laws have been effective?" the answer is, no.

Since you are apparently the arbiter of what the Tea Party is all about, what does it mean to be a Tea Partier?

I have gone to some Tea Party events. I believe our War on Drugs to be counter productive and a restriction on liberty. I am in favor of some federal drug laws. I support the DEA through my taxes, I have no choice.

Perhaps if you could form your sentences with more care, and define some of these terms you are using, we might be able to have a fruitful conversation.

I'm not the arbiter of what the Tea Party is all about, far from it.

That's why I'm here asking questions.

As for your support through taxes argument, I guess I can conclude you support Obamacare and federal welfare programs too (as long as you have no choice and all).

And lastly, which federal drug laws do you believe are justified by the authority granted to the federal government by the US Constitution?

You would think that a group that believe the government should follow the Constitution, reduce the national debt, lower taxes, reduce government waste and corruption and have fiscally responsible government..would be popular, instead their persecuted by the left and the left want-to-Be's....:dunno:

You really have to ask this question this soon after mostly Tea Party infantile obstructionism shut down the government?

Ok, so you are against anyone who opposes the policies of this administration, and refuses to sit in the corner and shut the fuck up eh? How is that anything other than authoritarian totalitarianism?

So I take it you didn't look it up or make any attempt at actually understanding what I think ... And you are not obligated to.
But with that in mind ... Why should I be anything other than coy with you?

Your extremely broad brush statements and questions don't tell the whole story.

I'm perfectly fine with a federal law requiring all states restrict children from buying booze & drugs. I'm perfectly fine with a federal law authorizing regulation of testing of medicines and medical procedures. I'm perfectly fine with the feds regulating imports of food & medical products.

its not that simple. I support some controls on drugs. I support the legalization of some drugs that are now illegal. I support reducing the length of drug patents in order to get generics in the marketplace sooner. I support the right of a state to make its own decisions on which drugs it wants to sell over the counter and which ones require a prescription.

Ok, that's a pretty reasonable position.

But you can still support all that and still oppose "federal" drug laws and the DEA. In fact, I would argue that would make your position more consistent. If you believe it should be up to the states, then logically you should oppose all federal encroachment in that regard.

So I take it you didn't look it up or make any attempt at actually understanding what I think ... And you are not obligated to.
But with that in mind ... Why should I be anything other than coy with you?

I actually already know what a strict constructionist is, and didn't have to look it up.

Was I wrong in my conclusion?

And the only reason anyone has to be coy is if they have something to hide.

Would the United States be asked to help bail out the EURO and Greece if it was a success?

...and this would have what to do with the price of rice in China?

Did you sleep through 2011 and all those big entitlements which crippled France over its debt, as well as those government entitlements which nearly crippled Greece under its weight?

No, But, I guess that I did sleep through where these governments failed....

Ok, that's a pretty reasonable position.

But you can still support all that and still oppose "federal" drug laws and the DEA. In fact, I would argue that would make your position more consistent. If you believe it should be up to the states, then logically you should oppose all federal encroachment in that regard.

No, the federal govt still has an enforcement role at the borders if nowhere else. We cannot open our borders and allow all kinds of unregulated drugs to come into the country.

Ok, so you are against anyone who opposes the policies of this administration, and refuses to sit in the corner and shut the fuck up eh? How is that anything other than authoritarian totalitarianism?

You're both right IMO.

I support a lot of what the Tea Party alleges to want to accomplish, but I definitely didn't agree with that particular tactic.

Forum List

Back