Tea Party Persecution...Why?

The media thank you for mindlessly repeating their lies about the TEA Party.

Meanwhile, you keep saying people want better and more cost effective government. Why do you keep ignoring my posts that say Democrats don't want that at all?
If you want the support of the American people, you're going have to come up with legislation they can support. You will never sell the American people on a plan to pay off the federal debt. How about a program to reduce the deficit to zero in 10 years. Instead of turning the Latino community against you with threats of deporting every undocumented immigrant, try a comprise position that recognizes undocumented immigrants that have lived here most of their lives and adults brought to this country as children. Instead of a plan to abolish Medicare, why not propose changes to actually save it. You won't accomplish all your goals, but you will make some progress which is lot more than you're doing now.

America does not reject your goals, they just reject your methods.

This thread is about the Tea Party yet all you can do is attack the Democrats.

It’s all they have.
TEA Party positions have been laid out here ad infinitum...but you choose instead to believe the lies progressives tell each other, then say you don't know what the TEA Party believes.

Your ignorance is self-imposed and impenetrable.

OP- You DO know our country's ONLY problem now is disfunction in the gov't, and the cause is the brainwashed idiocy that compromise with Obama is surrender....you're an ignorant disaster. GOOD riddance.

The GOP is under no obligation to rubber-stamp the President's agenda. They work for their constituents, not the White House.

It's astounding the number of people who can't comprehend that.

[MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION]

So for example, Tea Partiers would support the legalization of marijuana (or at least leaving it up to the states) and doing away with the DEA, since drug enforcement is clearly not a power granted to the federal government by the US Constitution?

Agree or disagree?

The Tea Party isn't concerned with marijuana or any other social issues. It is concerned with restoring the government the Founder's intended.
Some people really believe there is an organized, established TEA Party, with a big headquarters somewhere and official party platforms and all the trappings. :lol:

Either the TPM works with the GOP majority honestly, or the Dems are going to win everything.

OP- You DO know our country's ONLY problem now is disfunction in the gov't, and the cause is the brainwashed idiocy that compromise with Obama is surrender....you're an ignorant disaster. GOOD riddance.

Sweet post Buckaroo, I took it seriously..:bye1:

"compromise with Obama [assuming he is talking about the President] is surrender" ... Just makes you want to laugh.
I don't think that Democrats or Progressive Liberals understand what compromise is ... Or that in any sense a true compromise just means both sides are equally dissatisfied with the outcome.

The when you look at the track record of the current Democrats in Congress and their inability to honor their agreements in a compromise ... Well, "surrender" is not the first word that comes to mind.
I mean look at Senator Mary Landrieu (D) and the "Louisiana Purchase" (promised $200 million in additional federal funds for state Medicaid in return for ACA vote).
She of all people should have know who she was dealing with ... And that she nor anyone in the state of Louisiana would ever get the money promised from the Democrats or this administration.

She is up for re-election and sweating bullets though ... Supports delaying the individual mandate as well now.

Last edited:
[MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION]

So for example, Tea Partiers would support the legalization of marijuana (or at least leaving it up to the states) and doing away with the DEA, since drug enforcement is clearly not a power granted to the federal government by the US Constitution?

Agree or disagree?

The Tea Party isn't concerned with marijuana or any other social issues. It is concerned with restoring the government the Founder's intended.

So they don't care about the federal government overstepping their constitutional authority?

How exactly to you reconcile "restoring the government the founders intended" with taking a blind eye to an obvious example of the government being considerably out of line with what the founders intended?

Are you calling the Tea Party hypocrites? Because it sure sounds that way.

Sweet post Buckaroo, I took it seriously..:bye1:

"compromise with Obama [assuming he is talking about the President] is surrender" ... Just makes you want to laugh.
I don't think that Democrats or Progressive Liberals understand what compromise is ... Or that in any sense a true compromise just means both sides are equally dissatisfied with the outcome.

The when you look at the track record of the current Democrats in Congress and their inability to honor their agreements in a compromise ... Well, "surrender" is not the first word that comes to mind.
I mean look at Senator Mary Landrieu (D) and the "Louisiana Purchase" (promised $200 million in additional federal funds for state Medicaid in return for ACA vote).
She of all people should have know who she was dealing with ... And that she nor anyone in the state of Louisiana would ever get the money promised from the Democrats or this administration.

She is up for re-election and sweating bullets though ... Supports delaying the individual mandate as well now.

Mary Landrieu is history. She may still win Orleans parish, but she will lose the rest of the state.

the status quo politicians fear the tea party for the same reasons that King George feared the american colonists.

the status quo politicians fear the tea party for the same reasons that King George feared the american colonists.

I don't think that's a particularly apt analogy, no offense.

King George didn't fear the American colonists at all, and it cost him dearly.

it was about a loss of power. and the analogy is valid, no offense.:eusa_whistle:

Agree to disagree.

Regardless, that's an immaterial tangent either way.

Perhaps you'd like to explain why Tea Partiers are seemingly selective in their outrage regarding the federal government overstepping it's constitutional authority. Presumably, restoring this country to it's founding constitutional principles would at the very least involve restoring some semblance of states rights, would it not? And the example I've given is federal drug laws and the DEA. Why have I not heard one single Tea Party politician condemn this egregious power grab by the federal government?

it was about a loss of power. and the analogy is valid, no offense.:eusa_whistle:

Agree to disagree.

Perhaps you'd like to explain why Tea Partiers are seemingly selective in their outrage regarding the federal government overstepping it's constitutional authority. Presumably, restoring this country to it's founding constitutional principles would at the very least involve restoring some semblance of states rights, would it not? And the example I've given is federal drug laws and the DEA. Why have I not heard one single Tea Party politician condemn this egregious power grab by the federal government?

then you have not been paying attention. when has any tea party rally come out in favor of the DEA?

What you will find is that most TP people would let those issues be decided by the states based on a vote of the citizens.

Agree to disagree.

then you have not been paying attention. when has any tea party rally come out in favor of the DEA?

What you will find is that most TP people would let those issues be decided by the states based on a vote of the citizens.

I've not heard any mention of the DEA at all, one way or another. And I interpret silence as tacit endorsement.

As for your second point, I'd like to believe that, but IMO the jury is still out. I've already seen three alleged Tea Party supporters dismiss this as a non-TP issue in this thread alone.

Last edited:

Agree to disagree.

LOL so you don't like the Tea Party because you imagine that the Tea Party folks must be against liberty because you personally have not heard them discuss the War on Drugs. ROFL

Yeah and I'm against the tooth fairy because I have not heard the tooth fairy is against the war on drugs.

Agree to disagree.

LOL so you don't like the Tea Party because you imagine that the Tea Party folks must be against liberty because you personally have not heard them discuss the War on Drugs. ROFL

It's just one example.

But I support your freedom to jump to conclusions, so by all means, knock yourself out.

Agree to disagree.

I've not heard any mention of the DEA at all, one way or another. And I interpret silence as tacit endorsement.

As for your second point, I'd like to believe that, but IMO the jury is still out. I've already seen three alleged Tea Party supporters dismiss this as a non-TP issue in this thread alone.

they have not been silent, states rights is a key part of the teaparty philosophy.

actions speak louder than words. 2014 will be very telling.

Agree to disagree.

It's just one example.

But I support your freedom to jump to conclusions, so by all means, knock yourself out.
You are confused. You are approaching the Tea Party, like it's a political party with party planks for all the hot button issues. That's not what the Tea Party is about.

Forum List

Back