Teachers walk straight outta Compton

The average price of rent in Compton is about $1800/mo. At $46k/yr, that would mean that over half of a teacher's annual salary goes to rent. That's before taxes, food, transportation and insurance, maintenance, medicine, utilities, work supplies, clothing, etc. Even at $87k/yr, teachers aren't being paid what they're worth to society.

Meanwhile, banker billionaire criminals who killed the global economy with their shady deals are still enjoying their bonuses from public bailout funds.

The average price of rent in Compton is about $1800/mo. At $46k/yr, that would mean that over half of a teacher's annual salary goes to rent. That's before taxes, food, transportation and insurance, maintenance, medicine, utilities, work supplies, clothing, etc. Even at $87k/yr, teachers aren't being paid what they're worth to society.

Meanwhile, banker billionaire criminals who killed the global economy with their shady deals are still enjoying their bonuses from public bailout funds.

What law did these bankers break?

Compton's a shit hole with high crime rates and majority Hispanic and black populations. Anyone who pays that kind of rent is an idiot.

i'll tell that to my employer, suggest a raise, and see what he says

THEN TELL THEM TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE AND WORK. NO ONE MAKES THEM STAY IN COMPTON. Why the hell would they want to work in that gutter anyway!?!?

Teachers WORTH $87,000 per year!?!?!? BS.

The average price of rent in Compton is about $1800/mo. At $46k/yr, that would mean that over half of a teacher's annual salary goes to rent.
$1,800 a month rent, to live in one of the nation's biggest urban hell holes?

I call bull.

That's before taxes, food, transportation and insurance, maintenance, medicine, utilities, work supplies, clothing, etc. Even at $87k/yr, teachers aren't being paid what they're worth to society.
The costs for most, if not all, of those things being inflated by the California state government.

How did you get to rent in Compton being $1800 a month. Do you have any idea how poor Compton is? Compton used to be all black now it's primarily poor Hispanic immigrants. $1800 a month is more than most of them get paid.

http://www.city-data.com/housing/houses-Compton-California.html Median monthly housing costs:*$1,127

Last edited:
los angeles property has gone up a lot in the last 15 years.
most people are holding on to property they bought 30-40 years ago.
if you were to buy a house in Compton or many other depressed areas, 1800 per month or more would probably be right.

lotta foreigners buying property (probably with our tax money)

Last edited:

bullshit.....the average rent in the Anaheim hills is $1500-1800 a month....Compton is around a thousand a month if that....i rent a 3 bedroom in the building i own right by Disneyland for 1650 a month,and thats a little low....

The issue here is "teachers". Leaving their jobs, leaving their charges - their students.

Turning their backs on children.

Teachers aren't charges of children. Teachers aren't educators. Teachers aren't the educators or our progeny.

Teachers are, however, self-centered conceited unionist clowns who could give a flying fuck about their charges.

They walk off and say "fuck you" to us? I say "fuck you" to you so-called "teachers".

Fuck off you so-called "educators".

los angeles property has gone up a lot in the last 15 years.
most people are holding on to property they bought 30-40 years ago.
if you were to buy a house in Compton or many other depressed areas, 1800 per month or more would probably be right.

lotta foreigners buying property (probably with our tax money)

You are in dire need of a visit to Compton. It isn't a depressed area. It is a crime ridden slum that never recovered from the watts riots of 1965.

I can't find the link which I was referring to but it listed average rent price in Compton around $1,765, but the reports that I've been seeing now are putting it at around $900/mo. That would mean that rent does not take up half of their pay. However, even $86k/yr for a teacher anywhere in America is shit pay. Only morons would attempt to undermine the importance of teachers and education. There isn't any reason why teachers can't be paid more, there isn't any reason to dissolve the Department of Education, and there isn't any reason to demonize teachers' unions (or any other union for that matter. America itself is a Union.), especially while billionaire scum continue to fuck the world.

Which laws did those bankers break? HSBC confessed to laundering billions of dollars in drug money for cartels that have killed thousands of people along the US/Mexico border. They paid a fine worth about 2 months' revenue because to put them in prison would have destroyed the fictional global financial system that the world's largest banks have created for their own benefit.
Pressure mounting for Libor jail terms - Jul. 23, 2012
Outrageous HSBC Settlement Proves the Drug War is a Joke | | Rolling Stone
HSBC Judge Approves $1.9B Drug-Money Laundering Accord - Bloomberg
Why DOJ Deemed Bank Execs Too Big To Jail - Forbes

Why don't the teachers move? Because many don't have the money to just start up somewhere else, plus that's their home and they want to stay to try to make it better. That's why they became teachers.

Sure, we should pour more money down an academic black hole where most don't graduate, and most who do are functionally illiterate. If I were trying to get them a raise, I would go with combat pay.

The average price of rent in Compton is about $1800/mo. At $46k/yr, that would mean that over half of a teacher's annual salary goes to rent. That's before taxes, food, transportation and insurance, maintenance, medicine, utilities, work supplies, clothing, etc. Even at $87k/yr, teachers aren't being paid what they're worth to society.Meanwhile, banker billionaire criminals who killed the global economy with their shady deals are still enjoying their bonuses from public bailout funds.

Just how do you plan on paying them more clown , by raising taxes on the majority who have a median annual household income $50,000.00 or less......:cuckoo::cuckoo:

While I agree that teachers deserve more I cant let that $1800 a month for rent in COMPTON shit slide. I call shenanigans on that

Forum List

Back