Teaching Evolution in School is Doomed

Democrats made this up didn't they?

What will they do when Jerry Fallwell isn't Secretary of Education?

The whole department should be disbanded, but that's another topic.

It's not made up... are you going to feel stupid when you read this article?

Jerry Falwell Jr. meets with Trump on education
No, the part about Fallwell being able to change all the public schools to teaching YOUNG EARTH CREATIONISM is what the Dimocrats have made up.

When I was a Freshman in high school in my biology class we had to write a research paper on Evolution vs. Creationism and which we believed in and why. It was a public High School.

Time well spent not learning biology.

Are you trying to say that evolution has nothing to do with biology?

No, I'm saying contrasting evolution vs creationism has little to do with learning biology, because nothing in the biology can prove or disprove that mysterious spaghetti monster created stuff.

The fact that your teacher made you write paper on it and you found nothing odd about it, means that he and you to this day cannot tell science from theology

He's fucking Jerry Falwell's son. End of story.

View attachment 99563

Please tell me you don't seriously believe in Creationism?
Yes I do but evolution is a scientific fact also.
I disagree.
With what do you disagree? Elucidate.
I believe that God the Father sent the god, Kek to build the earth 6000 years ago. I don't and have never believed that we evolved from fish. Even in school I was angry when I got there and they taught evolution. When I got to high school I was certain they'd tell us the truth and move into the science of creation, but no they didn't.

I was sure they'd say that the evolution heresy was just to entertain kids with all that fantasy talk about amphibians evolving into humans. The Lord Kek himself is a frog and it's blasphemous enough to suggest we have evolved from him.

I believe that God the Father sent the god, Kek to build the earth 6000 years ago. I don't and have never believed that we evolved from fish. Even in school I was angry when I got there and they taught evolution. When I got to high school I was certain they'd tell us the truth and move into the science of creation, but no they didn't.
I was sure they'd say that the evolution heresy was just to entertain kids with all that fantasy talk about amphibians evolving into humans. The Lord Kek himself is a frog and it's blasphemous enough to suggest we have evolved from him.
giphy.gif

When I was a Freshman in high school in my biology class we had to write a research paper on Evolution vs. Creationism and which we believed in and why. It was a public High School.

No, I'm saying contrasting evolution vs creationism has little to do with learning biology, because nothing in the biology can prove or disprove that mysterious spaghetti monster created stuff.

The fact that your teacher made you write paper on it and you found nothing odd about it, means that he and you to this day cannot tell science from theology

WHAT? There was a point in it. If you can't see that point I don't know what to tell you. How do you believe the universe and life came to be?

I disagree.

Ok boss. you know how long it takes for oil and coal to be produced from dead matter? It takes millions of years...

WHAT? There was a point in it. If you can't see that point I don't know what to tell you. How do you believe the universe and life came to be?

He is a lost mind, dont beat your brains in trying to get to him....on second thought, GO FOR IT!

:)

Biology does not answer how the universe and life came to be and what you were spending time learning in your biology class learning about creationism wasn't biology, it was theism.

I disagree.

Ok boss. you know how long it takes for oil and coal to be produced from dead matter? It takes millions of years...
As with climate change, that's politics, not science.

You do know that carbon existed on this planet prior to life, right?

I dont think it is a fact that 100% of all carbon we find is from a previously alive animal or plant. Some of it could have been carbon trapped in the mantle and only recently emerged through the crust.

Why not?

And under those terrific temperatures and pressures we get lots of diamond and why not some oil as well?

You do know that carbon existed on this planet prior to life, right?

I dont think it is a fact that 100% of all carbon we find is from a previously alive animal or plant. Some of it could have been carbon trapped in the mantle and only recently emerged through the crust.

Why not?

And under those terrific temperatures and pressures we get lots of diamond and why not some oil as well?

But that still proves the Earth is older than the Bible says.

OK, where do you think in the Bible it says how old the Earth is?

I have been studying it for about 52 years and I have never found that verse, but maybe you can share it with me.

I have been studying it for about 52 years and I have never found that verse, but maybe you can share it with me.

Check out the parts about 7 days and sun being created separately from stars.

What he said... EVERYTHING was created within 7 days. So that means that the Earth is just a few days older than humans.

What he said... EVERYTHING was created within 7 days. So that means that the Earth is just a few days older than humans.

1. That text is part of a literary style that is largely metaphorical and not to be taken literally. To take it as a literal seven days is to engage in very poor hermeneutical method.

2. That supposed week could have been billions of years ago and stretched out one "Day" at a time over the course of time to more recent time.

The Bible is a collection of books written at different times by different people from different cultures for entirely different reasons and with compeltely unrelated literary styles.

To try and interpret it as though it were a modern scientific text is a grotesque act of stupidity.

1. That text is part of a literary style that is largely metaphorical and not to be taken literally. To take it as a literal seven days is to engage in very poor hermeneutical method.

2. That supposed week could have been billions of years ago and stretched out one "Day" at a time over the course of time to more recent time.

The Bible is a collection of books written at different times by different people from different cultures for entirely different reasons and with compeltely unrelated literary styles.

To try and interpret it as though it were a modern scientific text is a grotesque act of stupidity.

Tell that to most Conservatives and they will tell you that you are wrong.

I personally see the bible as a collection of stories similar to Canterbury Tales. Stories with moral educational themes. Why else would it have so many fail safes? Like how it says you have to have faith to believe it and not trust in facts, that if you believe in it you'll go to this great place after death, and if you don't you'll go to the worst place you can imagine. Once again... no one can go to one of either of those places and come back to tell you if it is true or not. Unless you are a fan of Supernatural.

:rofl:

If they tell me that they dont believe in Evolution or that they think Creationism as they understand it is incompatible with Evolution, well that is just their opinion, and we can discuss it.

But if they are going to assert that most of Christianity sees Evolution and Creationism as they do then they are factually wrong.

I personally see the bible as a collection of stories similar to Canterbury Tales. Stories with moral educational themes. Why else would it have so many fail safes? Like how it says you have to have faith to believe it and not trust in facts, that if you believe in it you'll go to this great place after death, and if you don't you'll go to the worst place you can imagine. Once again... no one can go to one of either of those places and come back to tell you if it is true or not. Unless you are a fan of Supernatural.

So why do you think that Aristotle and Plato came to believe in a monotheistic Creator about 200 years before Christ and Christianity were born? And they had no knowledge of Judaism, they did it all by rational argument and reasoning.

If it is all only by "faith" (whatever that means to you, I dont know) then how did Aristotle do it without that faith to start with?

If they tell me that they dont believe in Evolution or that they think Creationism as they understand it is incompatible with Evolution, well that is just their opinion, and we can discuss it.

But if they are going to assert that most of Christianity sees Evolution and Creationism as they do then they are factually wrong.

So why do you think that Aristotle and Plato came to believe in a monotheistic Creator about 200 years before Christ and Christianity were born? And they had no knowledge of Judaism, they did it all by rational argument and reasoning.

If it is all only by "faith" (whatever that means to you, I dont know) then how did Aristotle do it without that faith to start with?

Because he was smart and he understands that you can't get "something from nothing," without some kind of divine intervention.

Something tells me that creationists are not the people that think that man created Bible.

Something tells me that creationists are not the people that think that man created Bible.

No, they know men created the bible, they just believe that they wrote everything God told them to.

Forum List

Back