Ted Cruz: 2nd Amendment Is 'Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny'

Bet that title got your attention.

It may seem like fiction, but it's not. Ted Cruz just said that.

Ted Cruz 2nd Amendment Is Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

It's a given that every Republican presidential candidate will run for president as a strong supporter of gun rights.

But Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is arguing that the Second Amendment includes a right to revolt against government tyranny, a point of emphasis uncommon for mainstream presidential candidates.

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty," Cruz wrote to supporters in a fundraising email on Thursday, under the subject line "2nd Amendment against tyranny."

This "insurrectionist" argument, as Second Amendment expert and UCLA law professor Adam Winkler calls it, is popular among passionate gun owners and members of the National Rifle Association. But major party candidates for president don't often venture there.

"Most presidential candidates who support Second Amendment rights focus on self defense. In the past many have also emphasized hunting," said Winkler, author of the 2011 book Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. "It's pretty rare for a presidential candidate to support the right of the people to revolt against the government."

Hmmmmm, interesting.

A declared presidential candidate who is for armed insurrection.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Ted Cruz says that this 2nd Amendment remedy is for the protection of Liberty.

I wonder how he would exactly define "Liberty".

Either way, I think he just won the "We came unarmed --- this time" crowd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss. Is this maybe a bit extreme, or is this the necessary fight against the ebbil ebbil gubbermint?

Jesus, you're stupid. Ted Cruz is absolutely correct, you fool. Read the founding documents. My God, you clowns on the left, who claim such intelligence are certainly uninformed as a group.

Get it together, will you?

These words:

"serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty"

are not in the 2nd Amendment.

What part of illegal armed resurrection do you not understand?

Neither is separation of Church and State , yet the left run on that like it really is in the 1st amendment.

What else does the following mean if not separation of Church and State?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Ted Cruz obviously doesn't realize the sillness of his own claim, as armed militias or armed citizens for that matter are no match for the National Guard, let alone the full forces of the US military. You would have better luck wishing generals stage a military coup.

The 1st amendment is the ultimate check against government tyranny

The 2nd amendment just allows gun nuts to run around shooting each other

Without the second how do you secure the first?
Words dont stop bullets...

Something more powerful than bullets........the right to vote

Been keeping Government in check for 230 years

Which the right is taking away from the American people.

Gerrymandering, voter suppression, vote theft ...

And RWs agree with it.
Because for them, fascism is in for 2015...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

So, because the half-breed is in office

Another racist slur!

Oh wait! Weren't you going to show me how wrong I was when quoting Jefferson, Big Shot? Still waiting..........

Well, I can see the connection. While Jefferson was in office, and he was not a half breed, he certainly knew a hell of a lot about half breeds. This really peach of a guy enslaved his own half breed kids!

I have never had much respect for anything he ever said or wrote, regardless of whether it was true, or just attributed to him.

I don't get why the militia types think they could take on the US military and win.

And yes, the military would fire on US citizens. They swear an oath to do exactly that.

Ahahaha I don't get why America hating liberals think the US Military would be on their side :laugh:

As soon as a gun nut kills one of our soldiers.....What makes you think the military will be on your side?

You libs really are stupid. Tell me who has historically made a habit of bad mouthing the US military? Yes liberals, its hilarious you think they would take your side. :laugh:

Ted Cruz obviously doesn't realize the sillness of his own claim, as armed militias or armed citizens for that matter are no match for the National Guard, let alone the full forces of the US military. You would have better luck wishing generals stage a military coup.

Why cant liberals get it through their heads that the military would be on the side of the people,not the government.
When Nancy Pelosi and the DHS says returning vets are a terrorist threat and Feinstein calls all vets mentally ill,do you truly believe they'll fight for the liberals?

They think they pledge an oath to the President or something. that's twisted
No, staph infection, it's law. Now, back to your trailer court. Enjoy your gubbermint cheez!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

You're upset with him for knowing the purpose of the second amendment?

If you are against candidates who support armed insurrection I bet you hated Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, and Adams.

None of the above advocated for an armed insurrection.

The DoI was not a declaration of war, it was a declaration of Independence.

It was the British that went to war against the Americans, not the other way around.

I never claimed the declaration of independence was a declaration of war. It would be foolish to claim that since the war had already been on going before the declaration was signed.

but it's also a fairytale to pretend that leaders of one of the greatest and most successful insurrections of all time were opposed to it.

I don't get why the militia types think they could take on the US military and win.

And yes, the military would fire on US citizens. They swear an oath to do exactly that.

Ahahaha I don't get why America hating liberals think the US Military would be on their side :laugh:

As soon as a gun nut kills one of our soldiers.....What makes you think the military will be on your side?

Ah....now they are "OUR" soldiers....right.......

It wasn't that long ago the libs were chanting "this war is lost" and charging US military with war crimes. Seriously liberals are insane.

You libs really are stupid. Tell me who has historically made a habit of bad mouthing the US military? Yes liberals, its hilarious you think they would take your side. :laugh:

It is not liberals who are proposing to take up arms against our country. It is gun nuts

As soon as some gun nut kills a soldier for doing his job........you will not have a single member of the military on your side

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

It's a given that every Republican presidential candidate will run for president as a strong supporter of gun rights.

But Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is arguing that the Second Amendment includes a right to revolt against government tyranny, a point of emphasis uncommon for mainstream presidential candidates.

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty," Cruz wrote to supporters in a fundraising email on Thursday, under the subject line "2nd Amendment against tyranny."

This "insurrectionist" argument, as Second Amendment expert and UCLA law professor Adam Winkler calls it, is popular among passionate gun owners and members of the National Rifle Association. But major party candidates for president don't often venture there.

"Most presidential candidates who support Second Amendment rights focus on self defense. In the past many have also emphasized hunting," said Winkler, author of the 2011 book Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. "It's pretty rare for a presidential candidate to support the right of the people to revolt against the government."

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Discuss. Is this maybe a bit extreme, or is this the necessary fight against the ebbil ebbil gubbermint?

That picture of Cruz is so funny. Those hunting clothes are right out of the store. I hope someone remembered to take the tags off them.

What does a sissy city person like you know about Pheasant hunting?

Nothing, nor can anyone tell how "new" his clothes are.

Your post is too funny for words,

unfortunately I can't tell you why.

It wasn't that long ago the libs were chanting "this war is lost" and charging US military with war crimes. Seriously liberals are insane.

Damn! This thread seems to have morphed to Vietnam!

We're the ones who wanted to keep them from being needlessly slaughtered in Iraq.

We're the ones who wanted to keep them from being needlessly slaughtered in Iraq.

yeah that is why you fought them for their funding.

Please see post #205.

The military is not on the "side" of either right or left. They are on the "side" of the oath they swear to.

US military has fired on US citizens before and would again.

Its obvious you have not served in our military. Let me educate you since you seem completely ignorant..."I, (NAME), do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic" it says the Constitution not America hating liberal filth.

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

He is echoing our forefathers with that statement. Dictators are known for disarming the population. Our 2nd amendment was created to ensure that we didn't fear government. That is why we are a Republic, not a true democracy. Liberals want a democracy and they are seeking to create a majority consisting of useful idiots.

--Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

-- When government fears the people, there is liberty. When people fear the government, there is tyranny.

You need to go back and read some history books and understand why it's dangerous for a government to disarm the people.

Last edited:

Please see post #205.

The military is not on the "side" of either right or left. They are on the "side" of the oath they swear to.

US military has fired on US citizens before and would again.

Its obvious you have not served in our military. Let me educate you since you seem completely ignorant..."I, (NAME), do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic" it says the Constitution not America hating liberal filth.

And I am sure that every soldier takes a minute or two to think that over before responding to someone who shoots at them....

So, because the half-breed is in office

Another racist slur!

Oh wait! Weren't you going to show me how wrong I was when quoting Jefferson, Big Shot? Still waiting..........

Post #174!

Ted Cruz 2nd Amendment Is Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny Page 6 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Thanks for confirming that you do have a reading comprehension disorder.

Sorry big dog. You haven't proven shit yet son. Keep trying. You OBVIOUSLY know nothing of Jefferson.

You're upset with him for knowing the purpose of the second amendment?

If you are against candidates who support armed insurrection I bet you hated Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, and Adams.

None of the above advocated for an armed insurrection.

The DoI was not a declaration of war, it was a declaration of Independence.

It was the British that went to war against the Americans, not the other way around.

I never claimed the declaration of independence was a declaration of war. It would be foolish to claim that since the war had already been on going before the declaration was signed.

but it's also a fairytale to pretend that leaders of one of the greatest and most successful insurrections of all time were opposed to it.

You claimed that the Founders "supported armed insurrection". The onus is on you to prove that claim.

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Jesus, you're stupid. Ted Cruz is absolutely correct, you fool. Read the founding documents. My God, you clowns on the left, who claim such intelligence are certainly uninformed as a group.

Get it together, will you?

These words:

"serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty"

are not in the 2nd Amendment.

What part of illegal armed resurrection do you not understand?

Neither is separation of Church and State , yet the left run on that like it really is in the 1st amendment.

What else does the following mean if not separation of Church and State?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

It means the Feds can not force religious people to comply with Federal laws that violate their freedom to exercise their believes.
Which is what is happening right now.
It does not mean that God should be out of the Federal Government.

Forum List

Back