Ted Cruz: I Won Those Purple Hearts!

What a
“Just a few weeks ago, I was down in Fort Hood, where the soldiers who were shot by Nidal Hasan were finally, finally, finally awarded the Purple Heart,” Cruz told activists last weekend at the conservative Freedom Forum in Greenville, S.C. “I’ll tell you the reason those Purple Hearts were awarded. I was very proud last year to introduce legislation in the Senate to mandate that the Pentagon award those Purple Hearts.”

But Cruz voted not once but twice against the Pentagon authorization bill that changed the Purple Heart policy. A Cruz spokesman told the Dallas Morning News that Cruz voted against the bill over an issue unrelated to the Fort Hood shootings but that “he would have found another way to get it done” had the bill had not passed. “Supporting one amendment certainly does not mean a senator is obligated to support the entire bill.”

the credit for changing the Pentagon’s long-standing policy belongs to at least a dozen senators and members of Congress who had pushed the issue relentlessly for years before Cruz ever arrived in the Senate.

Ted Cruz I Won Those Purple Hearts - The Daily Beast

Why do people like this man? Every time he opens his mouth, he's lying, It's like he can't control it.

The Beast is on another Alinsky spin trip. Did you read the blog? It makes no sense. First of all Cruz did not say "I won those Purple Hearts". The statement is a fabrication by the Daily Beast. The argument is so convoluted that the blog is almost incomprehensible. On one hand the beast admits that Cruz helped the Soldier victims of the Hassan shooting and on the other hand the blog claims that he didn't. Fellow senators say that Cruz helped get the issue passed and family members praise him for it but the Beast can't seem to get a handle on the situation. You can hate Cruz if you want to but at least give credit where credit is due and understand the Obama administration's apparent hatred for the Military. It was Barry Hussein and democrat senators who prevented the Purple Heart from being awarded to Soldiers who were wounded by Hassan and it was the republican party that overruled Barry Hussein's ridiculous claim that it was a "workplace shooting".

It was Senator John Cornyn (R-TX), not Cruz, who originally introduced legislation to award the Purple Heart to the Fort Hood victims in 2009. Cornyn’s bill coincided with a similar bill from Representative John Carter (R-TX), whose district includes much of Fort Hood. Cornyn and Carter would introduce their bills again in 2011 and 2013. Representatives Roger Williams (R-TX), Frank Wolf (R-VA), and Peter King (R-NY) all pushed the matter in their own committees.

Representative Michael McCaul, another Texas Republican and the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, held hearings on the matter. Senator Joe Lieberman (I/D-CT), the former chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, did the same and commissioned a months-long investigation into the causes of the Fort Hood attack.

Lieberman introduced a bill of his own, along with Cornyn, in 2012 to mandate that the Pentagon change its criteria for awarding the Purple Heart that would include the Fort Hood victims. In 2014, Senator John Boozman, a Republican from Arkansas who is also on the Armed Services Committee, wrote legislation similar to Cruz’s to mandate that the Pentagon award Purple Hearts to victims of a similar shooting at a Little Rock military recruiting center in 2009.

Neal Sher, a lead attorney for the Fort Hood victims and their families who sued the Pentagon over the policy, said the reclassification was the result of efforts by multiple offices for multiple years on and off Capitol Hill.

Nothing convoluted about it.

What a
“Just a few weeks ago, I was down in Fort Hood, where the soldiers who were shot by Nidal Hasan were finally, finally, finally awarded the Purple Heart,” Cruz told activists last weekend at the conservative Freedom Forum in Greenville, S.C. “I’ll tell you the reason those Purple Hearts were awarded. I was very proud last year to introduce legislation in the Senate to mandate that the Pentagon award those Purple Hearts.”

But Cruz voted not once but twice against the Pentagon authorization bill that changed the Purple Heart policy. A Cruz spokesman told the Dallas Morning News that Cruz voted against the bill over an issue unrelated to the Fort Hood shootings but that “he would have found another way to get it done” had the bill had not passed. “Supporting one amendment certainly does not mean a senator is obligated to support the entire bill.”

the credit for changing the Pentagon’s long-standing policy belongs to at least a dozen senators and members of Congress who had pushed the issue relentlessly for years before Cruz ever arrived in the Senate.

Why do people like this man? Every time he opens his mouth, he's lying, It's like he can't control it.

The Beast is on another Alinsky spin trip. Did you read the blog? It makes no sense. First of all Cruz did not say "I won those Purple Hearts". The statement is a fabrication by the Daily Beast. The argument is so convoluted that the blog is almost incomprehensible. On one hand the beast admits that Cruz helped the Soldier victims of the Hassan shooting and on the other hand the blog claims that he didn't. Fellow senators say that Cruz helped get the issue passed and family members praise him for it but the Beast can't seem to get a handle on the situation. You can hate Cruz if you want to but at least give credit where credit is due and understand the Obama administration's apparent hatred for the Military. It was Barry Hussein and democrat senators who prevented the Purple Heart from being awarded to Soldiers who were wounded by Hassan and it was the republican party that overruled Barry Hussein's ridiculous claim that it was a "workplace shooting".

It was Senator John Cornyn (R-TX), not Cruz, who originally introduced legislation to award the Purple Heart to the Fort Hood victims in 2009. Cornyn’s bill coincided with a similar bill from Representative John Carter (R-TX), whose district includes much of Fort Hood. Cornyn and Carter would introduce their bills again in 2011 and 2013. Representatives Roger Williams (R-TX), Frank Wolf (R-VA), and Peter King (R-NY) all pushed the matter in their own committees.

Representative Michael McCaul, another Texas Republican and the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, held hearings on the matter. Senator Joe Lieberman (I/D-CT), the former chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, did the same and commissioned a months-long investigation into the causes of the Fort Hood attack.

Lieberman introduced a bill of his own, along with Cornyn, in 2012 to mandate that the Pentagon change its criteria for awarding the Purple Heart that would include the Fort Hood victims. In 2014, Senator John Boozman, a Republican from Arkansas who is also on the Armed Services Committee, wrote legislation similar to Cruz’s to mandate that the Pentagon award Purple Hearts to victims of a similar shooting at a Little Rock military recruiting center in 2009.

Neal Sher, a lead attorney for the Fort Hood victims and their families who sued the Pentagon over the policy, said the reclassification was the result of efforts by multiple offices for multiple years on and off Capitol Hill.

So you admit the OP was a lie.
OK, next.

What a

OK, next.

It's not a lie. But, thanks for playing.

What a

OK, next.

Yeah, it was. Too bad you were caught on it. Oh well.

What a

OK, next.

Yeah, it was. Too bad you were caught on it. Oh well.

No, it wasn't. It's just you Rabbi begging for attention and then getting ready to take your dishonest ass down the road to say a bunch of blithering shit in some other corner of the interweb. Like you do.

Give Teddy a break. He is so busy following Canadian politics, he lost track of his votes.:biggrin:

All by himself you moron. You do know who made that designation right? Do you even understand why this happened?

Did you read the OP? You sound confused.
Do you even understand why congress had to take action here? Any clue? There was no reason for Cruz or anyone else to be involved if it wasn't for obie's actions. None, at all if only obie had done the right thing from the start. But that's not how this asshole operates is it?

The only reason this became an issue is obie made it one. Stop trying to blame Cruz for actually doing the right thing and correcting obies failure as a leader.

I do understand. Now, do you understand the OP?
Yes, still get it. You're as big an asshole as you were in your first post. Nothing has changed here.

You simply wanted to deflect. I won't. That irritates you.
You're OP was a deflection in trying to blame Cruz for doing what your president should have done from day one. Don't blame me or Cruz for deflection you partisan obie cock sucker. If it wasn't for obie this would have never been an issue. You assholes made it an issue by not calling the attack what it was and forcing the more American of our congress people to actually have to vote for what should have been a fucking gimme putt on obie's golf course of failed leadership. Keep deflecting your failure's you moron. Those aren't my problem.

and you dont?....

Nope! But only one in "stalker" mode would miss that!
wait a minute.....you are saying you dont say the same thing over and over?....

Nope! Just look at my posts with you on this thread..

I see you are still holding your grudge, which is good! I guess you need a hobby!

Still refuse to apologize for defending those so called "moderates" that were correctly labeled far left drones.

But as you have shown you got mocked and now still can not let go..
why did you run from the other thread the other day?.....i am still waiting for you to prove what you said about me....when things get tough for you,you run....are you going to do that here too?.....

Wrong! As always, but it is good that you hold on to that anger!

And you are proving my comments right now!
im wrong?.....so you are back in that thread?....good ill go over and see if you have proven anything...

They've bought into the RW lies so long that they can't pull away. That would be admitting how incredibly stupid they've been.

And another far left drones checks in..

Come on seriously can't we get all these drones just one ID as they all say the same things?
and you dont?....

I see you are still holding your grudge, which is good! I guess you need a hobby!

Still refuse to apologize for defending those so called "moderates" that were correctly labeled far left drones.

kosh i think 90% of the people in this forum would say you repeat the same thing over and over......

And another far left drones checks in..

Come on seriously can't we get all these drones just one ID as they all say the same things?
and you dont?....

kosh i think 90% of the people in this forum would say you repeat the same thing over and over......

Then you will still be wrong!

But hang on that hate, it does you well, soon you will be emperor..

Did you read the OP? You sound confused.
Do you even understand why congress had to take action here? Any clue? There was no reason for Cruz or anyone else to be involved if it wasn't for obie's actions. None, at all if only obie had done the right thing from the start. But that's not how this asshole operates is it?

The only reason this became an issue is obie made it one. Stop trying to blame Cruz for actually doing the right thing and correcting obies failure as a leader.

Yes, still get it. You're as big an asshole as you were in your first post. Nothing has changed here.

You're OP was a deflection in trying to blame Cruz for doing what your president should have done from day one. Don't blame me or Cruz for deflection you partisan obie cock sucker. If it wasn't for obie this would have never been an issue. You assholes made it an issue by not calling the attack what it was and forcing the more American of our congress people to actually have to vote for what should have been a fucking gimme putt on obie's golf course of failed leadership. Keep deflecting your failure's you moron. Those aren't my problem.

I'm not a Democrat, asswipe.

So, listening to carry on is amusing as hell. Cruz is an arrogant fucktwit that took credit like he does and you bending over backwards to defend him. The OP is pointing out that he is an obnoxious deceptive twit.

Odd that.

So, listening to carry on is amusing as hell. Cruz is an arrogant fucktwit that took credit like he does and you bending over backwards to defend him. The OP is pointing out that he is an obnoxious deceptive twit.

Odd that.

Yes that's right, you are far left drone.

Odd that.
You are a far left drone. Politicians take credit for things they were nominally involved in all the time. Where are the indictments?

and you dont?....

really?.....how many people just in this thread have mentioned how much you say the same shit over and over?....how about the other threads?....how many times just in this thread have you said....."far left drone?".......

really?.....how many people just in this thread have mentioned how much you say the same shit over and over?....how about the other threads?....how many times just in this thread have you said....."far left drone?".......

You mean the a left drones? Who can not handle being mocked?

Like you?

Like you?
more than just lefties....you would know that if you were not so dense.....and how am i being mocked by you?....i think its the other way around dumbass,you are the one being mocked.....

Like you?
more than just lefties....you would know that if you were not so dense.....

And you would not being doing tis because of your hatred and anger of being mocked..

But "stalker" mode seems to fit you now.

Carry on little one you path to the dark side is almost complete..

Forum List

Back