Tennessee store owner puts no gays allowed sign back up

The SCOTUS ruling had nothing to do with "gay" or Public Accommodation Laws.

Who cares, I just want to be able to tell Asian midgets that they are not welcome in my business -- I can't fully appreciate what it means to be a patriotic American until I can deny services to a pregnant black woman

That is what makes America great!!
Wait until Jewish deli owners are forced to serve BLT's with delicious bacon.

You'll learn what makes America great.
Businesses can not be forced to perform tasks they do not normally perform. A Jewish deli doesn't normally make sandwiches with bacon or pork ingredients. A BLT is not on their menu. You can not force them to make a sandwich that is not on their menu.

Who cares, I just want to be able to tell Asian midgets that they are not welcome in my business -- I can't fully appreciate what it means to be a patriotic American until I can deny services to a pregnant black woman

Listen, idiot. IF you provide a service, you have to provide it to everyone equally. No one says you have to bake wedding cakes or serve bacon. That is your choice. If you DO sell bacon, you have to serve it to everyone equally.

What a fucking idiot. TN has no PA law that says you MUST serve the gays.

I like the idea of these signs. Makes boycotting the bigots easier.
Let them point themselves out and let society take care of it.
We dont need big brother to do it.
I have a feeling in Tennessee not many people would be boycotting a business for discriminating. That's the general feeling I get.
I have a feeling that every person in maine has syphilis. Thats the general feeling i get.

Listen, idiot. IF you provide a service, you have to provide it to everyone equally. No one says you have to bake wedding cakes or serve bacon. That is your choice. If you DO sell bacon, you have to serve it to everyone equally.
No you dont. You are legally allowed to discriminate against anyone that isnt a protected class. YOU support that. YOU are a bigot. YOU support institutional discrimination.
I bet you miss jim crow and slavery, too

And if you make same sex wedding cakes you either make them for same sex homosexuals and same sex heterosexuals or you don't sell them at all.

Oh wait............

I wonder if his sales are going down, or going up?
The baker? He will be the most popular custom cake maker in the county. Hell, he is probably selling cakes on line and shipping.

I have a feeling in Tennessee not many people would be boycotting a business for discriminating. That's the general feeling I get.

Of course they would. They might not be in the majority, but there are plenty of people - even in Tennessee - who don't like bigots. That's why freedom is better than dictating this things through majority rule. Even if you don't agree with the majority, your views can make a difference. Even if only 10% of Tennesseans will be turned off by the sign, it will still have an impact. Most business owners can't afford to lose 10% of their business to make a point.

Its hard to say. Im not for sure what kind of county Grainger is but i know its rural.
I believe the backlash could very well still hit the smallest of towns/counties.. but who knows

Its hard to say. Im not for sure what kind of county Grainger is but i know its rural.
I believe the backlash could very well still hit the smallest of towns/counties.. but who knows

I have a feeling he ain't gonna lose much business.

And if you make same sex wedding cakes you either make them for same sex homosexuals and same sex heterosexuals or you don't sell them at all.

Oh wait............
What is a same sex heterosexual?

I have a feeling he ain't gonna lose much business.
He might not. Only half the state supports same sex marriage but this is different. I know i wouldnt go there.

Oh wait............
What is a same sex heterosexual?

You realize that it is indeed legal now for Same Sex Heterosexuals to Marry, Right? The law does not distinguish between sexuality's.

Businesses can not be forced to perform tasks they do not normally perform. A Jewish deli doesn't normally make sandwiches with bacon or pork ingredients. A BLT is not on their menu. You can not force them to make a sandwich that is not on their menu.
The Jewish deli owner makes sandwiches, but not certain kinds because of his religion.

The baker bakes cakes, but not certain kinds because of his religion.

Let's force them to. Like slaves.

thanks for the 4-1-1 hitler
You're the one opening the door for a Hitler.

Andrew Jackson, Woodrow Wilson and even FDR were bigoted Presidents and racist as can be, so let stop with the Hitler nonsense when our own History is painted with bigotry, racism and genocide...
And I would prefer we have no more genocide, thanks, or Chinese exclusion acts or Japanese internment camps. Sound okay to you? Every time we start hating on and scapegoating a group, it opens a bad door to a dark place.

Alright, but why is it that you run to the Hitler response?

Did you know Stalin genocide seven to ten million Ukrainians during the same period Hitler was in control of Nazi Germany?

What is my point?

Simple, you run to the Hitler response while not knowing those like me cringe because it is the Progressive response when they hate history!

America has a history that rivals Nazi Germany or even Imperial Japan when it come to Genocide, Bigotry and Racism, why not just say you do not want to revert back to the good ol'days when this country was young and blood thirsty!?!
I wasn't the one who brought it up--I think TN was.
You want to be my speech writer now? whatever

I'm linking a really good essay on Native American "genocide."
Who would have expected you to take the liberal side of the argument?

You really do not want to go down this road with me Old Lady!

You and your kind invoke Hitler daily on this site while the reality is the political party you vote for put Hitler and the Nazi regime to shame!

America was founded by White Slave Owners and was created for a certain class of citizen that owned land, were male and again white, so the history is rooted with bigotry, sexism and racism without even invoking Hitler!

Hell 1960's is a time you should remember, so why go to Nazi Germany to invoke the prejudice this country once endured and still endures?

Simple, you hate the history of this country and feel better using Hitler than those like Robert Byrd that was a Klansman who later claim he changed his way.

Here is my opinion on the nonsense:

If those like Harley do not want to serve me or you, so be it because I do not care.

I will bake my own cake, fix my own roof and fix my own car and I am sure there will be many that will sell to me!

I do not need to force someone to change their damn ways and all it will do is make them a martyr while getting me killed...

Oh, I am very Social Liberal love but do not ask me to pay for your way of life!

Anybody who finds that guy's sign offensive, gay or not, is going to boycott that store.

Not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

Then you know nothing about the State and should visit it before commenting...

I have been there many times and like Texas it is warm and fun... Sure you have your idiots but less today than let say the 1960's.

I expect that type of stupidity from the Store Owner in Kentucky or Illinois and not in Tennessee...

Forum List

Back