Tesla and Panasonic to open a solar cell plant in Buffalo (link) How is this a bad thing?

Stop the presses .!!!

Republicans are praising the gov supporting solar/electric car companies !?!?

#63 on the list of shit conservatives don't care about now that trumps elected !

Remember how those were all bad when Obama was President......LOL

Ugh, he still is, for another 3 weeks.

Stop the presses .!!!

#63 on the list of shit conservatives don't care about now that trumps elected !
Don't care what states do...I'm fine as long as there is no federal $$$$......

Yep, I figured there would be a large DOE grant when I went to the link, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that wasn't the case.

What am I missing and how is this evidence that the world is going to explode on January 20th, 2017?

Tesla, Panasonic to make solar cells in Buffalo, New York

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Japanese electronics company Panasonic and U.S. electric car maker Tesla said Tuesday they plan to begin production of solar cells at a factory in Buffalo, New York.

The two companies said they finalized an agreement calling for Tokyo-based Panasonic to pay capital costs for the manufacturing. Palo Alto, California-based Tesla made a "long-term purchase commitment" to Panasonic.

You're a moron for trying to give Trump credit for this.

Stop the presses .!!!

Yep, I figured there would be a large DOE grant when I went to the link, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that wasn't the case.
Trump has reset the stage......

It will be funny to see the end results. I don't know about anybody else, but Panasonic is a complete failure when it comes to manufacturing products. I haven't used or owned a Panasonic product that was not defective. They are putting Panasonic radios in all Freightliner trucks and they all work for crap as expected.

Wow, if it is true and taxpayers are footing the bill for this, it's clear many in the U.S government have taken a page out of Ontario and Canada's "job creation strategy". Good luck with that, it will only end in misery and a grossly under performing, uncompetitive economy.

Stop the presses .!!!

You mean he will reset the stage, he ain't president yet.

Stop the presses .!!!

You mean he will reset the stage, he ain't president yet.
Nope....he has already reset the stage......it will only get better when he does take office....

What am I missing and how is this evidence that the world is going to explode on January 20th, 2017?

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Japanese electronics company Panasonic and U.S. electric car maker Tesla said Tuesday they plan to begin production of solar cells at a factory in Buffalo, New York.

The two companies said they finalized an agreement calling for Tokyo-based Panasonic to pay capital costs for the manufacturing. Palo Alto, California-based Tesla made a "long-term purchase commitment" to Panasonic.

So they're going to use a State owned plant, and the State is throwing in 750 million to boot, isn't that what regressives went ballistic about with Carrier when Trump made a similar deal?

The Carrier deal had a net loss of jobs.

So they're going to use a State owned plant, and the State is throwing in 750 million to boot, isn't that what regressives went ballistic about with Carrier when Trump made a similar deal?

The Carrier deal had a net loss of jobs.

Really, keeping jobs slated to leave is a net loss? Must be that new math.

Snowflakes will be denying Trump ever accmplished anything of note because they have painted themselves in a corner with their bullshit that every con is evil.

Something that benefits average every day Americans is only a good thing if democrats get the credit!

It's funny how DEMS claimed that Indiana "BRIBED" Carrier with $7 million to stay in America....but they don't cry about Oregon BRIBING Nike to stay in Oregon to the tune of BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN TAX BREAKS.

The highest tax state in the Country commits to spend 750 million taxpayer dollars to fund a solar plant when federally funded solar plants have gone under in the past? It sounds a bit risky to me.

It's funny how DEMS claimed that Indiana "BRIBED" Carrier with $7 million to stay in America....but they don't cry about Oregon BRIBING Nike to stay in Oregon to the tune of BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN TAX BREAKS.
It's funny how pseudocons whined about subsidies for solar plants under Obama, but now they are silent about subsidies for solar plants under Trump. I guess "saving jobs" is not cool when Obama does it, but everything is cool when Trump does it.

I have been the one who was most vocal about the bribe Trump paid Carrier.

Too bad for you I have been completely consistent on tax expenditures, unlike what you are claiming. And that is because opposition to tax expenditures, especially these open bribes, is bedrock fiscal conservatism.

When a state pays for a factory to be built, it comes out of the pockets of the taxpayers.

The common man of New York is being robbed. His money is being transferred up the food chain into the pockets of a rich California CEO.

When a state cuts the taxes of an air conditioner company, someone else has to make up the difference. The common man of Indiana is being robbed. His money is being transferred up the food chain into the pockets of the Carrier CEO. And that CEO is still going to kill those jobs when he sees fit and the optics are looking elsewhere, or else he will demand another bribe.

It's funny how pseudocons whined about subsidies for solar plants under Obama, but now they are silent about subsidies for solar plants under Trump. I guess "saving jobs" is not cool when Obama does it, but everything is cool when Trump does it.

I have been the one who was most vocal about the bribe Trump paid Carrier.

Too bad for you I have been completely consistent on tax expenditures, unlike what you are claiming. And that is because opposition to tax expenditures, especially these open bribes, is bedrock fiscal conservatism.

unless you inject "snowflake" into a convo Private Anus is totally lost .. carry on.

It's funny how we have several topics where the pseudocons are cheering the $7 million bribe given to Carrier, and at the same time we have a topic where the pseudocons are demanding the poor not be given anything beyond cheese and flour.

These sick fucks have no clue what it means to be a conservative.

The highest tax state in the Country commits to spend 750 million taxpayer dollars to fund a solar plant when federally funded solar plants have gone under in the past? It sounds a bit risky to me.

Japan's population is shrinking so fast that workers are hard to find so this could be legit. But given the state's massive tax base loss rates the state has to roll the dice a lot to avoid its third flirtation with default.

It's funny how we have several topics where the pseudocons are cheering the $7 million bribe given to Carrier, and at the same time we have a topic where the pseudocons are demanding the poor not be given anything beyond cheese and flour.

These sick fucks have no clue what it means to be a conservative.

Typical leftist reply; comparing tax breaks with giving people public money.

Forum List

Back