Texas Supreme Court orders release of woman jailed by ignorant judge

I am glad they are reversing it. He is a racist.
He's a shitforbrains with no business sitting on a bench anywhere not even traffic court. He should be disbarred for life and all of his assets seized and distributed among his victims. He can spend the rest of his miserable life on the streets, homeless and starving.
The judge didn't break any rules or laws...
He jailed a woman for practicing her constitutional rights. Wtf do you mean he didnt break any rules or laws?
An emergency declaration was announced by the White House and the governors of each state which allows for emergency declaration to be made concerning the plan to combat the disaster...
WHEREAS, on March 16, 2020, President Trump acknowledged the gravity of the COVID-19 pandemic, releasing strict new guidelines to limit people’s interactions, including that Americans should avoid groups of more than 10 people; WHEREAS, on March 19, 2020, the Dallas County Commissioners Court issued an Order of Continuance of Declaration of Local Disaster for Public Health Emergency that affirmed the activation of the Dallas County Emergency Management Plan and extends the Declaration of Local Disaster until 11:59 p.m. on May 15, 2020, unless rescinded by order of the Commissioners Court
It doesnt surprise me you support the govt abusing its powers.
There is nothing in the constitution that gives the fed gov or states to do what they have done.
You statist regressive illiberals need to move and leave us normal people the fuck alone.
The govt. is not abusing their power they are trying to maintain a safe environment..If you are so ignorant of safety laws during a declared emergency in the US you should peruse them.

He's a shitforbrains with no business sitting on a bench anywhere not even traffic court. He should be disbarred for life and all of his assets seized and distributed among his victims. He can spend the rest of his miserable life on the streets, homeless and starving.
Forcing her to apologize or jail time. Yeah, I think so.
Try reading the declaration of emergency mandate for the pandemic it is written out what punishment is to be meted for violating the order. One week in jail....The gov and president established the guidlines.
That isn’t what she was jailed for. He told her to apologize or face jail time.
No kidding? She was told to apologize for breaking the rules established by the White House and the governors of each state during the declaration of emergency. Dear god people get a clue of what actually happens when a disaster or emergency is declared...

The governor also signed an order banning jail time for those who violate stay at home order.
I wonder under what law, did the judge justify his decision. Where does a court judge get the authority to order a private citizen to close her business like this?
He jailed her because she wouldn’t apologize for opening.
And opening broke the rules established during the time of the state emergency...

Yeah it’s interesting how they always cry about fake “rights violations” that they can never seem to name...but when someone’s rights are actually violated its usually by democrats and their sheep applaud it. Go figure.

Long time no see! ;)

The governor also signed an order banning jail time for those who violate stay at home order.
Funny how I never see any lefties create threads decrying the violation of their civil rights! No government overreach EVER bothers them -- -- -- -- except TRUMP, which they regard EVERYTHING he does as government overreach!

Yep, and look at the way the left has applauded China for being able to control the outbreak of the virus in their country. Never mind the fact that the Chinese government made everyone prisoners in their own homes and forced them to stay indoors for weeks.

I wonder under what law, did the judge justify his decision. Where does a court judge get the authority to order a private citizen to close her business like this?
And opening broke the rules established during the time of the state emergency...
So where does jail time come into this for simply opening the doors to your business? But yet another store down the street can remain open for business?? Did the judge order the owner of the local Winn-Dixe to go to jail?

Last edited:
He jailed a woman for practicing her constitutional rights. Wtf do you mean he didnt break any rules or laws?
An emergency declaration was announced by the White House and the governors of each state which allows for emergency declaration to be made concerning the plan to combat the disaster...
WHEREAS, on March 16, 2020, President Trump acknowledged the gravity of the COVID-19 pandemic, releasing strict new guidelines to limit people’s interactions, including that Americans should avoid groups of more than 10 people; WHEREAS, on March 19, 2020, the Dallas County Commissioners Court issued an Order of Continuance of Declaration of Local Disaster for Public Health Emergency that affirmed the activation of the Dallas County Emergency Management Plan and extends the Declaration of Local Disaster until 11:59 p.m. on May 15, 2020, unless rescinded by order of the Commissioners Court
https://www.dall.[QUOTE="Moonglow, ...nReopenedServices.pdf[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
It doesnt surprise me you support the govt abusing its powers.
There is nothing in the constitution that gives the fed gov or states to do what they have done.
You statist regressive illiberals need to move and leave us normal people the fuck alone.
The govt. is not abusing their power they are trying to maintain a safe environment..If you are so ignorant of safety laws during a declared emergency in the US you should peruse them.

Again, nothing in the constotution that gives them the right to do what they have done.
Safety laws mean shit. The constitution is the SUPREME law of the land.
That judge took an oath to uphold the constitution and he failed to do that.
Do you understand now?

Funny how I never see any lefties create threads decrying the violation of their civil rights! No government overreach EVER bothers them -- -- -- -- except TRUMP, which they regard EVERYTHING he does as government overreach!

Yep, and look at the way the left has applauded China for being able to control the outbreak of the virus in their country. Never mind the fact that the Chinese government made everyone prisoners in their own homes and forced them to stay indoors for weeks.
Yup, they locked their own citizens in their homes, to die and rot from this virus, and then they get to claim there were no covid deaths suffered by all those people. I think the dems in the US need to get plane tickets and go live in China, it's their kind of place.

Try reading the declaration of emergency mandate for the pandemic it is written out what punishment is to be meted for violating the order. One week in jail....The gov and president established the guidlines.
No kidding? She was told to apologize for breaking the rules established by the White House and the governors of each state during the declaration of emergency. Dear god people get a clue of what actually happens when a disaster or emergency is declared...
Are the rules she broke more or less important than the felony gun laws that were broken and the perpetrators were released? Dew ewe know?

Are the rules she broke more or less important than the felony gun laws that were broken and the perpetrators were released? Dew ewe know?
You could clarify what you are talking about with the felony gun laws.

So where does jail time come into this for simply opening the doors to your business? But yet another store down the street can remain open for business?? Did the judge order the owner of the local Winn-Dixe to go to jail?
I have posted the order several times on this thread, utilize it.

That fascist pos judge needs his ass handed to him.
Oh really? He should have run that lady out on the street in one of those ankle monitoring bracelets. Your local bail bondsmen will keep her safe and make sure none of his male parolees have access to her whereabouts at night.

You could clarify what you are talking about with the felony gun laws.
Already posted it earlier!

No asshole, you try reading the god damned constitution which is the SUPREME law of the land. This land you dumb asshole, the entire United States of America. The one law every swinging dick in this nation is subservient to and every split tail too.
I see you are bereft of any knowledge of the laws established for the safety and health of the population at large when a national or state disaster is declared... But hey, carry on I am not going to try and educate everyone of you people on USMB.
I direct you to the supremacy clause in the US constitution if you can read it. You need only search this Supremacy Clause.

They were guidelines issued by the WH. Not laws, not rules. Guidelines. And the Gov of Tx doesn’t agree with you as he clarified his guidelines to state no jail time. Thus she was released.

They were guidelines issued by the WH. Not laws, not rules. Guidelines. And the Gov of Tx doesn’t agree with you as he clarified his guidelines to state no jail time. Thus she was released.
These traitor scum keep blaming Trump when the governors are the ones doing it. You know their agenda is to get Trump.

Forum List

Back