Texas voter ID law unconstitutional

A poll isn't voting.
a shotgun is not ideal for home defense.
your point?

You said people can "find something to vote on". Voting in a poll or whether Justin Beber is an asshole isn't VOTING.

Jesus, it's the 50th anniversary of the Voting Rights Act for shit sake.
and a BB gun is not a 9mm handgun.
cant buy handguns at wal-mart.
You can kill with a BB gun
Can you rationalize any harder?
you're one of those arent you. I bet you have a problem with squirt guns too.
pussy
Another false assumption.

Thats exacly my theory, there should be no ID required to purchase a gun.
over half of my collection would be considered illegal now. Not when I bought them while America was still America, but now that the liberals are fucking everything up, over half illegal, and non registered.

That's your "theory"? I don't believe theory means what you think it does.

You believe a photo ID should be required to in person vote, but not to purchase a firearm?

Really?
whats the difference between the two?
what has done more damage to the country over the last 20 years, guns or ignorant voters.
Guns fired by ignorant voter's.
I have to agree with you considering most violent gun crimes are committed by those that most likely vote democrat.
maybe we should just make it illegal for registered democrats to own guns.
False and bias assumption.
Most likely true statistically speaking. and you know it.
Blacks do most shootings, blacks are most likely to vote liberal, ghetto blacks looking for the handouts certainly vote democrat.
easy connection and Im willing to bet on it.

your point?

You said people can "find something to vote on". Voting in a poll or whether Justin Beber is an asshole isn't VOTING.

pussy
your posts prove otherwise.

when it comes to buying guns what's legal is a joke.
but as I said you have the right to buy all the uns you want.
they sell them at Walmart.
not without filling out paperwork.
and everyone can find something to vote on. There are people on the stree taking polls all the time.

A poll isn't voting.
your point?
how many of your guns are collecting dust?
Not a single one, however I fail to see where that is an issue in any way.
not seeing is part of your problem.

You believe a photo ID should be required to in person vote, but not to purchase a firearm?

Really?
what has done more damage to the country over the last 20 years, guns or ignorant voters.
I have to agree with you considering most violent gun crimes are committed by those that most likely vote democrat.
Blacks do most shootings, blacks are most likely to vote liberal, ghetto blacks looking for the handouts certainly vote democrat.
You'd lose.

pussy
your posts prove otherwise.
The third in a series of false assumptions.

"He must first provide the positive before I am obligated to prove the negative."

You made an affirmative statement without proof. I said you were wrong.

You have to offer something of evidence, your defense "I can't prove a negative" does not cut it.

You have the right to buy all the uns you want.
what if he doesnt have an ID of any type. How many guns can he legally buy then?
According to your voter logic, no ID required
over half of my collection would be considered illegal now. Not when I bought them while America was still America, but now that the liberals are fucking everything up, over half illegal, and non registered.

Really?

What's the difference? If you don't already know, nothing I can say will help.

To answer your question...guns hands down. In the time it took to finger peck this post, at least one person has died from a gun related incident.

what if he doesnt have an ID of any type. How many guns can he legally buy then?
According to your voter logic, no ID required

Really?

What's the difference? If you don't already know, nothing I can say will help.

To answer your question...guns hands down. In the time it took to finger peck this post, at least one person has died from a gun related incident.

Yes, but it was for a worthy cause. Such person died for the NRA, which is doing it's level best to make sure that Smith & Wesson does not end up like Colt.

when it comes to buying guns what's legal is a joke.
but as I said you have the right to buy all the uns you want.
they sell them at Walmart.
and everyone can find something to vote on. There are people on the stree taking polls all the time.

A poll isn't voting.
your point?

You can buy a 12 gage...

Remington 870 Express Shotgun 3.5 12ga - Walmart.com

A poll isn't voting.
your point?

You can buy a 12 gage...

Remington 870 Express Shotgun 3.5 12ga - Walmart.com
rifles and shot guns are available at Walmart unless they are prohibited by the state county or city the store is in.
here in so cal they are not available.

No problems the appeals court will reverse it. They've already upheld it once.

If you had not been so lazy you would have clicked the link to the article. There you would have learned that the 5th circuit appeals court made this ruling yesterday.

If you weren't so ill informed about subjects you post about you would have known that this ruling came from an appeals court.

You might want to learn about something before you post and show everyone how lazy and ill informed you are.

From the article:

A federal appeals court struck down Texas' voter ID law on Wednesday in a victory for the Obama administration, which had taken the unusual step of bringing the weight of the U.S. Justice Department to fight new Republican-backed mandates at the ballot box.

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the 2011 law carries a "discriminatory effect" and violates one of the remaining provisions of the Voting Rights Act -- the heart of which was struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court in 2013.

Maybe you should keep reading, I've already posted articles proving the claims made by the DOJ were not proven in reality, either in the 2013 state elections or the 2014 midterms, hence my confidence the law will be upheld on appeal.

You'd lose.
bring your facts. lets start with statistics, but please remember than when it comes to crime the FBI includes all Hispanics in the white category.
Personally I have no idea why you would be so foolish as to suggest that liberals are no responsible for the majority of violent crime in this country,.

No problems the appeals court will reverse it. They've already upheld it once.

If you had not been so lazy you would have clicked the link to the article. There you would have learned that the 5th circuit appeals court made this ruling yesterday.

If you weren't so ill informed about subjects you post about you would have known that this ruling came from an appeals court.

You might want to learn about something before you post and show everyone how lazy and ill informed you are.

From the article:

A federal appeals court struck down Texas' voter ID law on Wednesday in a victory for the Obama administration, which had taken the unusual step of bringing the weight of the U.S. Justice Department to fight new Republican-backed mandates at the ballot box.

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the 2011 law carries a "discriminatory effect" and violates one of the remaining provisions of the Voting Rights Act -- the heart of which was struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court in 2013.

Maybe you should keep reading, I've already posted articles proving the claims made by the DOJ were not proven in reality, either in the 2013 state elections or the 2014 midterms, hence my confidence the law will be upheld on appeal.

you posted opinion articles or news articles? would these articles hold up in a court of law?

your confidence is misplaced if your posted articles lack credible academic/scientifc data

Great news for foreigners and illegals....
Actual citizens not so much.
Seriously, libs want us to have all of our medical information shared on computers, which is a violation of the HEPA laws, but not willing to have voter information checked by computers prior to casting a vote.
I know Im not the only one that has a problem with this.

Great news for foreigners and illegals....
Actual citizens not so much.
Seriously, libs want us to have all of our medical information shared on computers, which is a violation of the HEPA laws, but not willing to have voter information checked by computers prior to casting a vote.
I know Im not the only one that has a problem with this.

Huh?

nuts!

Federal Court Strikes Down Discriminatory Texas Voter ID Law NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

The Fifth Circuit is one of the more conservative federal courts of appeal. If those justices saw the Texas voter ID law as discriminatory, it probably is.

Dante is almost always amused when Fakey Jakey rushes to post a headline. One would think somebody as smaht as Jake pretends to be would do a small bit of research and provide a link or links that could put the headlines in context -- but those of us who know Jake well know that is never his intent -- to provide context and understanding. It's all about Jake -

"Look at me! I'm Jake and I posted a headline first. That makes me Jake, relevant" -- yah, in troll land

---------

A link t an article that provides links that will put most of it all into context: 5th Circuit Voter ID Discriminatory Appeals court ruling upholds spirit of earlier overturning - News - The Austin Chronicle

extras:
http://electionlawblog.org/wp-content/uploads/texas-5th-cir.pdf

from 2014 (last year) http://electionlawblog.org/wp-content/uploads/20141014-5th.pdf

Yep, seems the state won more that it lost on this one.

Forum List

Back