Text began coming in to Meadows on January 6th, begging trump to stop the Capitol attack

I like their confidence. And their caution thus far.
I've noted their prudence in public communications. Also noted the minimalist grandstanding in the hearings themselves. In short, they are guarding their credibility, their gravitas. Which makes me kinda sort suspect they're holding an ace. May not be a silver-bullet....I doubt they'd try that...but I think it may leave a mark. IMHO
Yeah. My biggest concern was that it would be a typical politician hearing, replete with pontificating and grandstanding. Y'know, come to think of it, the fact that they have clearly avoided the standard pontificating and grandstanding tells me they know they usually pontificate and grandstand. So that's been a positive, otherwise I'd be tuning out quickly.

Also, their near-exclusive use of Republicans and Trump-appointed Republicans has been excellent. The rubes have to impulsively call them RINOs because that's all they know, but it has been very effective.

But you know less than nothing about the hearings. So your opinion of them therefore means less than nothing.

You guys never seem to get this simple principle.
No, the righties have been telling you that exact thing from the very start.

The hearings are of, by, and for morons

No one else cares

Not sure how this fits in.

The Jan. 6 select committee is set to hear from a onetime top aide to former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows on Tuesday, an abruptly scheduled hearing whose announcement riveted Washington.

Cassidy Hutchinson will testify publicly, according to two people familiar with the committee’s plans, after providing crucial testimony to the panel about significant exchanges among top Donald Trump’s inner circle in the weeks before the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. Hutchinson replaced her attorney earlier this month as the select committee’s hearings began; her former attorney was the Trump White House’s chief ethics lawyer, and her new attorney is a longtime ally of former Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Earlier Monday the select panel announced a surprise hearing, with about 24 hours’ notice, “to present recently obtained evidence and receive witness testimony.” That statement included no details on the testimony or witnesses — and the sudden schedule change intensified intrigue in Washington, where the panel has mounted a carefully choreographed set of hearings about the former president’s election subversion.

It’s unclear why the panel expedited Hutchinson’s hearing, or whether she will appear alongside other significant witnesses. Hutchinson was present during meetings between Meadows and multiple House Republicans who aided Trump’s effort to overturn the 2020 election. Snippets of her video deposition supported the committee’s contention that several of those Republicans later sought presidential pardons

I can accept this as you are easily politically pawned.
How long have you been on this board?

Nevermind. You've learned very little.
Are you ever going to actually debate the topic, or is this ^ weak trash the best we can expect from you?

Not sure how this fits in.

The Jan. 6 select committee is set to hear from a onetime top aide to former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows on Tuesday, an abruptly scheduled hearing whose announcement riveted Washington.

Cassidy Hutchinson will testify publicly, according to two people familiar with the committee’s plans, after providing crucial testimony to the panel about significant exchanges among top Donald Trump’s inner circle in the weeks before the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. Hutchinson replaced her attorney earlier this month as the select committee’s hearings began; her former attorney was the Trump White House’s chief ethics lawyer, and her new attorney is a longtime ally of former Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Earlier Monday the select panel announced a surprise hearing, with about 24 hours’ notice, “to present recently obtained evidence and receive witness testimony.” That statement included no details on the testimony or witnesses — and the sudden schedule change intensified intrigue in Washington, where the panel has mounted a carefully choreographed set of hearings about the former president’s election subversion.

It’s unclear why the panel expedited Hutchinson’s hearing, or whether she will appear alongside other significant witnesses. Hutchinson was present during meetings between Meadows and multiple House Republicans who aided Trump’s effort to overturn the 2020 election. Snippets of her video deposition supported the committee’s contention that several of those Republicans later sought presidential pardons
And my hopes for JFK Jr. are dashed.

:mad:

* Schiff's bogus "evidence" X 2.
1656413202742.png

another episode of 'Schiff's got wood'......

~S~

“New” evidence for something already ruled to be not so.
The endless cycles of liberal causes.

Do you have a link to this ruling that said the insurrection never happened or is this just something you’ve pulled out of your ass?

Every time Donald Trump does something that’s illegal, you pretend it never happened. How’s that working for you so far?

Do you have a link to this ruling that said the insurrection never happened or is this just something you’ve pulled out of your ass?

Every time Donald Trump does something that’s illegal, you pretend it never happened. How’s that working for you so far?
What did he do that is illegal? You got some US code to cite? How about some evidence? Did you go out and buy you some shiny new Russian Collusion Narrative from your pal and Biden's investor Vlad Putin again?

Today's New York Times offers us this:

"...in recent days, the committee has indicated that it has gathered crucial new information that bears further exploration.

But pressed on the matter on Monday, aides declined to divulge what additional evidence they planned to present on Tuesday.
Some of the most damning testimony the panel has received so far has come from people who worked directly for Mr. Trump, including officials from his presidential campaign, his legal team and the Justice Department.

Ms. Hutchinson was asked by the committee about Mr. Trump’s positive reaction to the chants from rioters to execute Mr. Pence and confirmed it, according to people familiar with the panel’s work......... the committee received testimony that when Mr. Trump learned of the mob’s threats to hang Mr. Pence, he said, “Maybe our supporters have the right idea,” and added that Mr. Pence “deserves it.”

Ms. Hutchinson’s closed-door testimony also suggested that at least a handful of Republican lawmakers were concerned about criminal liability after participating in the effort to invalidate the election results. In a videotaped interview played by the panel at its last public hearing, Ms. Hutchinson testified that Representatives Mo Brooks of Alabama, Matt Gaetz of Florida, Louie Gohmert of Texas, Scott Perry of Pennsylvania, Andy Biggs of Arizona and Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia all sought pardons after the Jan. 6 assault."

Joe Biden has his day coming up next year.

Seems scheduled pretty sudden… apparently the Jan 6 Committee is excited to present something to your open minds. I bet it’s a pretty big bombshell… any takers?
At this point, no one can seriously think the minds of Trump's cult will be opened by anything short of him making a public announcement admitting the Big Lie was a big hoax. That he lied because his enormous ego did not allow for him to graciously acknowledge defeat, and because he saw convincing The Following of the Big Lie as a fund raising opportunity so he could fleece the flock.

Forum List

Back