Thank you, Donald Trump

2. His taxes have driven home the fact that our tax system has holes so big that you can drive a semitruck through them, and must be fixed immediately.

The ultrarich are getting cozy in America’s tax havens at everyone else’s expense

More states are slashing or eliminating taxes, lessening the burden mostly for the wealthy. What does that cost the rest of us?

In 2020, a proposed constitutional amendment in Illinois attempted to turn the state’s flat personal income tax of 4.95 percent into a graduated rate that rises with income. Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzker, a billionaire himself, posed the amendment as a fight for tax fairness that would ask the state’s wealthiest residents to pay a greater share, but he had a formidable foe: Billionaire hedge fund manager Ken Griffin, who poured $54 million into defeating the measure, framing the amendment as an extra burden on Illinois taxpayers that would enable irresponsible government spending. In fact, it would have kept the tax rate the same or lower for Illinoisans making $250,000 or less. (ProPublica estimated that it would have cost Griffin, who currently is worth around $29 billion, an extra $51 million a year in taxes.)

The measure failed to pass.

Why did you list people that werent President lol? Try to stay on topic.

I am taking the wait and see approach. However, I'm betting they will find fraud within those tax returns because trump cant help himself and quite frankly his dad cheated on his taxes so I'm sure he learned this from his dad. You believe trump is a good, honest person. Someone that your son or daughter could look up to and emulate. I believe trump is a poor excuse for a human being. That is the fundamental difference between us.
Obama and Clinton were Presidents. Short memory? I do stay on topic. And why does it matter if a person is President? Who is more influential than Soros, Zuckerberg, Gates etc. on the political scene?

I think history will show that President Trump accomplished more good for America and Americans than any other President in ANY of our lifetimes and he did it in the three short years we had. We can't count 2020 when everything was locked down and all the focus was on COVID. Even there though, he handled the emergency well and made sure everybody had what they needed to deal with it.

So the fact that he benefitted and benefits from the tax code that ALL wealthy people benefit from in exactly the same way should not be something any fair minded person holds against him. Those afflicted with TDS so far are pretty incapable of being fair minded however.

You can’t really be this uninformed. It’s been reported for decades that they use all sorts of techniques, with their army of tax lawyers, to dramatically limit their tax bite.

I posted a thread on the Panama Papers some years ago. It exposed the ultra wealthy from around the world who were sheltering their wealth in sorts of unusual and potentially illegal ways.

FUNNY THING about the Panama Papers, it didn’t include any American billionaires. Why? Because they enjoy a tax code designed for them. So, they don’t need off shore tax shelters.
Lets talk about “billionaires” in a minute….lets first hurdle the debate of which group pays the majority of America’s taxes.

”In 2019, the top one percent, or taxpayers with an AGI of $546,434, paid $612 billion in income taxes, and paid 38.8% of all federal income taxes. To contrast, the bottom 90% paid $461 billion in income taxes.”

Do you believe Americas top earners carry the bulk of the nations tax burden?

Obama and Clinton were Presidents. Short memory? I do stay on topic. And why does it matter if a person is President? Who is more influential than Soros, Zuckerberg, Gates etc. on the political scene?

I think history will show that President Trump accomplished more good for America and Americans than any other President in ANY of our lifetimes and he did it in the three short years we had. We can't count 2020 when everything was locked down and all the focus was on COVID. Even there though, he handled the emergency well and made sure everybody had what they needed to deal with it.

So the fact that he benefitted and benefits from the tax code that ALL wealthy people benefit from in exactly the same way should not be something any fair minded person holds against him. Those afflicted with TDS so far are pretty incapable of being fair minded however.
Both Obama and the Clintons voluntarily showed their taxes.

So now just random private citizens need to show their taxes? You dont understand the difference between someone who is running for President and a private citizen?

You're delusional about Trump. He's going down as the worst President of all time and it isnt even close.

Have you seen his entire returns? I havent. So nobody knows. However, it is already a well established fact that trump valued his properties based on his needs ie either upping the value when he needs money or devaluing when he does his taxes. That is not legal.

But we've already established you're delusional so there is no point in having a conversation about anything quite frankly.

• Winner
Reactions: BWK
Lets talk about “billionaires” in a minute….lets first hurdle the debate of which group pays the majority of America’s taxes.

”In 2019, the top one percent, or taxpayers with an AGI of $546,434, paid $612 billion in income taxes, and paid 38.8% of all federal income taxes. To contrast, the bottom 90% paid $461 billion in income taxes.”

Do you believe Americas top earners carry the bulk of the nations tax burden?
No let’s not. We were never talking about the income level you are. Why have you chosen to derail the thread. It’s all about the ULTRA WEALTHY. FUCKING BILLIONAIRES AND SUCH. GET IT?

No let’s not. We were never talking about the income level you are. Why have you chosen to derail the thread. It’s all about the ULTRA WEALTHY. FUCKING BILLIONAIRES AND SUCH. GET IT?
Hahaha….nobody really gives two shits about the 17 billionaires you speak of…most are done “earning” income by the time they become billionaires so they are essentially tax exempt. Lets talk in general about who carries Americas tax burden while MOST don’t contribute shit and take the most…shall we?

Hahaha….nobody really gives two shits about the 17 billionaires you speak of…most are done “earning” income by the time they become billionaires so they are essentially tax exempt. Lets talk in general about who carries Americas tax burden while MOST don’t contribute shit and take the most…shall we?
There are a lot more than 17 billionaires in the US. And a great number of near billionaires. They benefit greatly from our unfair tax code.

Not interested in your dishonest effort to protect the ultra wealthy.

As I always say, this has never been about Donald Trump.
and yet thats all you have been whining about the last 2years....geezus mac....do you think anyone here will buy that bullshit?....
You've got a better explanation?

"Earning?" :auiqs.jpg: Do tell.

There are a lot more than 17 billionaires in the US. And a great number of near billionaires. They benefit greatly from our unfair tax code.

Not interested in your dishonest effort to protect the ultra wealthy.
Tell us…what did these “billionaires” earn and what provisions in the tax code allow them to avoid paying what they owe?
I showed you that the “ultra wealthy” as a group carries you and the rest of the nation….why do the facts make you mad?

Yet nothing I posted above disputes or opposes anything you just stated. I don’t see where I’ve misunderstood anything.

I was agreeing with your post, not disputing it. Just saying that it's not just Trump people get pissed off over not paying taxes.

I have no issues with rich people taking every legal tax break available to them. I do the same thing. I have issues with all of the tax breaks that they have. The tax code really needs to be simplified, and stripped of all of these phony trusts and shelters.

Of course then you run afoul of tax lawyers and accountants who profit from this chaos and confusion. They want the system to remain complicated, and unmanageable, because if people could do their own taxes, or the IRS could understand and audit the returns, where's the profit in there for them?

I find it to be a complete obscenity that neither Amazon nor Bezos pay income taxes, and that they wanted the taxpayers of New York city to pay $9 billion for the infrastructure they needed to build their headquarters there.

Yet nothing I posted above disputes or opposes anything you just stated. I don’t see where I’ve misunderstood anything.

I was agreeing with your post, not disputing it. Just saying that it's not just Trump people get pissed off over not paying taxes.

I have no issues with rich people taking every legal tax break available to them. I do the same thing. I have issues with all of the tax breaks that they have. The tax code really needs to be simplified, and stripped of all of these phony trusts and shelters.

America lost. Hillary just went back to her mansion in New York.

Let's wait and see if all those trump write-offs were legit. If everything is legit I have no problem with his write-offs. But going on trumps track record, I'd bet they will find a lot of things in those returns that trump doesnt want them to find.

Why did you list people that werent President lol? Try to stay on topic.

I am taking the wait and see approach. However, I'm betting they will find fraud within those tax returns because trump cant help himself and quite frankly his dad cheated on his taxes so I'm sure he learned this from his dad. You believe trump is a good, honest person. Someone that your son or daughter could look up to and emulate. I believe trump is a poor excuse for a human being. That is the fundamental difference between us.

The ultrarich are getting cozy in America’s tax havens at everyone else’s expense

More states are slashing or eliminating taxes, lessening the burden mostly for the wealthy. What does that cost the rest of us?

In 2020, a proposed constitutional amendment in Illinois attempted to turn the state’s flat personal income tax of 4.95 percent into a graduated rate that rises with income. Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzker, a billionaire himself, posed the amendment as a fight for tax fairness that would ask the state’s wealthiest residents to pay a greater share, but he had a formidable foe: Billionaire hedge fund manager Ken Griffin, who poured $54 million into defeating the measure, framing the amendment as an extra burden on Illinois taxpayers that would enable irresponsible government spending. In fact, it would have kept the tax rate the same or lower for Illinoisans making $250,000 or less. (ProPublica estimated that it would have cost Griffin, who currently is worth around $29 billion, an extra $51 million a year in taxes.)

The measure failed to pass.

Of course.... The government pockets all of those inflation taxes! :rolleyes:

Basically.

I'll take it that you agree, since debating it never happened.

You've got a better explanation?

Of course then you run afoul of tax lawyers and accountants who profit from this chaos and confusion. They want the system to remain complicated, and unmanageable, because if people could do their own taxes, or the IRS could understand and audit the returns, where's the profit in there for them?

I find it to be a complete obscenity that neither Amazon nor Bezos pay income taxes, and that they wanted the taxpayers of New York city to pay $9 billion for the infrastructure they needed to build their headquarters there.
1atdscrew.gif

Forum List

Back