Thank you FDR

That would be an erroneous assumption on your part.

Of course.

Reagan was a far better and more successful President.

FDR empowered the Soviet Communist empire, facilitating over 100 million dead and enslaved.

Reagan defeated same, and did so without firing a shot.

FDR extended the great recession into the Great Depression, while Reagan was responsible for a 25 year economic expansion.

Reagan believed in the Constitution, while Roosevelt shredded it.

No contest.

Reagan an was a horrible president who left us with a generation of rightwingnut idiots who think government is the problem. Thanks lee Atwater.

Rather than your usual 'is not, is noooottttttt' post, a thinking individual would have responded by pointing out any errors in the fact-filled post to which you attempted to respond.

You didn't because, as is the case with Liberals...you can't.

The pattern is constant....
Conservatives defend their stated position with data, facts,and truth.

Liberals attack via blind devotion to their ideological masters.

Don't ever change.

I am a thinking person. That is wh I rarely engage with the cut and paste queen.

I do not have to prove your OPINION is wrong. It is simply baseless.and I said why that opinion is baseless.

Now perhaps if you were a thinking person, *you* would understand that. You know, instead of lashing out because I have the temerity to call you on your nonsense. Maybe you should work on that. You'll be less bitter in the long run.

1. "I am a thinking person. That is wh I rarely engage with the cut and paste queen."
You avoid same because I beat you like a rented mule.

2. "I have the temerity to call you on your nonsense."
Where did you do so?

Again....here...see if you can find any fault:

FDR empowered the Soviet Communist empire, facilitating over 100 million dead and enslaved.

FDR extended the great recession into the Great Depression, while Reagan was responsible for a 25 year economic expansion.

No contest

Or....we stipulate that both of my posts were totally correct, and the best you can do is deny that that you cannot deny the truth of my post comparing FDR and Ronaldus Maximus.
None of that crap is true.
FDR was dead when WWII ENDED and it was Truman and later Eisenhower who allowed the USSR to gain power and fail to restrain their growth. There is no way to know for certain how FDR would have reacted at the end of the war. There is nothing to go on but speculation and opinion.

If Reagan defeated the USSR, he did it in name only and it was a temporary stalemate and holding tactic by the USSR. They let go of their costly acquisitions after WWII, retained a Federation and are now confronting the US on several fronts. We have the same Cold War enemy today as we had when Reagan came into and remained in office.

The thing you call a great recession was in fact The Great Depression which began with the market crash in 1929 and kept beyond government or anyone else's control with the Dust Bowl storms that destroyed huge portions of American agriculture and put millions on the unemployment rolls beginning in 1932 and persisting until 1940.

Reagan shredded the Constitution with Iran/Contra. He secretly engaged in a war when Congress told him not to. Only the Congress can send the nation to war. He ruled over the most corrupt administration in American history.

Of course.

No contest.

Reagan an was a horrible president who left us with a generation of rightwingnut idiots who think government is the problem. Thanks lee Atwater.

Rather than your usual 'is not, is noooottttttt' post, a thinking individual would have responded by pointing out any errors in the fact-filled post to which you attempted to respond.

Don't ever change.

I am a thinking person. That is wh I rarely engage with the cut and paste queen.

I do not have to prove your OPINION is wrong. It is simply baseless.and I said why that opinion is baseless.

Now perhaps if you were a thinking person, *you* would understand that. You know, instead of lashing out because I have the temerity to call you on your nonsense. Maybe you should work on that. You'll be less bitter in the long run.

1. "I am a thinking person. That is wh I rarely engage with the cut and paste queen."

Where did you do so?

No contest

Or....we stipulate that both of my posts were totally correct, and the best you can do is deny that that you cannot deny the truth of my post comparing FDR and Ronaldus Maximus.
FDR was dead when WWII ENDED and it was Truman and later Eisenhower who allowed the USSR to gain power and fail to restrain their growth. There is no way to know for certain how FDR would have reacted at the end of the war. There is nothing to go on but speculation and opinion.

If Reagan defeated the USSR, he did it in name only and it was a temporary stalemate and holding tactic by the USSR. They let go of their costly acquisitions after WWII, retained a Federation and are now confronting the US on several fronts. We have the same Cold War enemy today as we had when Reagan came into and remained in office.

The thing you call a great recession was in fact The Great Depression which began with the market crash in 1929 and kept beyond government or anyone else's control with the Dust Bowl storms that destroyed huge portions of American agriculture and put millions on the unemployment rolls beginning in 1932 and persisting until 1940.

Reagan shredded the Constitution with Iran/Contra. He secretly engaged in a war when Congress told him not to. Only the Congress can send the nation to war. He ruled over the most corrupt administration in American history.

Every single thing in your attempted apologia of FDR is false.

And...the last item...
"Reagan shredded the Constitution with Iran/Contra. He secretly engaged in a war when Congress told him not to. Only the Congress can send the nation to war."

1. Two points should be made clear. The Democrat Congress was strongly in favor of the communists of Nicaragua, and the scandal was an attempt to tie the hands of the President, who was strongly anti-communist. And, two, congressional attempts to conduct foreign policy were, at the very least, constitutionally dubious. Reagan often complained that it was not possible to carry out foreign policy with 535 secretaries of state in Congress.
  2. See Locke’s “Second Treatise of Government,” the primary inspiration for the Declaration of Independence, for the nature of the prerogative in the executive branch. He defined it as “nothing but the power of doing public good without a rule.” http://www.constitution.org/jl/2ndtr11.htm and “Indeed, it is appropriate that thelaws themselvesshould in some casesgive wayto theexecutive power,…” John Locke's Second Treatise of Government Chapter 14
  3. The Iran-Contra scandal involved the sale of arms to Iran, basically to ransom American hostages that Islamic extremists held, and diverting proceeds from the sale to the Contras in Nicaragua. Neither the sale nor the diversions of funds were clear violations of existing laws: subsequent independent counsel investigations directly charged anyone with crimes for either the arms sales nor the diversions.
    1. "... reversal of NSC staff member Oliver North and National Security Adviser John Poindexter’s convictions. The Court of Appeals reversed their convictions because they successfully argued that witnesses in their trials might have been affected by publicized immunized congressional testimony, even though the prosecutors themselves had taken painstaking efforts to avoid encountering information about the hearings."
    Understanding the Iran-Contra Affairs - The Legal Aftermath (convictions: Understanding the Iran-Contra Affairs - The Legal Aftermath)

[The parallel investigation by Independent Counsel Lawrence Walsh secured criminal convictions of nearly a dozen senior administration officials and private citizens for acts such as perjury, conspiracy, fraud, and the destruction of evidence.
    Read more:Answers - The Most Trusted Place for Answering Life's Questions]
I'm certain you appreciate the education that I provide.

Government meddling forced lending institutions to make bad loans. These bad loans were, predictably, sold and resold to avoid the inevitable and profit before the shit hit the fan. It all started with government meddling, chiefly by a FRANKly irresponsible congress-person.

lol more nonsense that has been definitively exploded ....

Only if "exploded" means "desperately denied by liberals who have trained all their lives to avoid taking responsibility for anything."

Don't ever change.

Where did you do so?

No contest

And...the last item...
"Reagan shredded the Constitution with Iran/Contra. He secretly engaged in a war when Congress told him not to. Only the Congress can send the nation to war."

1. Two points should be made clear. The Democrat Congress was strongly in favor of the communists of Nicaragua, and the scandal was an attempt to tie the hands of the President, who was strongly anti-communist. And, two, congressional attempts to conduct foreign policy were, at the very least, constitutionally dubious. Reagan often complained that it was not possible to carry out foreign policy with 535 secretaries of state in Congress.
  2. See Locke’s “Second Treatise of Government,” the primary inspiration for the Declaration of Independence, for the nature of the prerogative in the executive branch. He defined it as “nothing but the power of doing public good without a rule.” http://www.constitution.org/jl/2ndtr11.htm and “Indeed, it is appropriate that thelaws themselvesshould in some casesgive wayto theexecutive power,…” John Locke's Second Treatise of Government Chapter 14
  3. The Iran-Contra scandal involved the sale of arms to Iran, basically to ransom American hostages that Islamic extremists held, and diverting proceeds from the sale to the Contras in Nicaragua. Neither the sale nor the diversions of funds were clear violations of existing laws: subsequent independent counsel investigations directly charged anyone with crimes for either the arms sales nor the diversions.
    1. "... reversal of NSC staff member Oliver North and National Security Adviser John Poindexter’s convictions. The Court of Appeals reversed their convictions because they successfully argued that witnesses in their trials might have been affected by publicized immunized congressional testimony, even though the prosecutors themselves had taken painstaking efforts to avoid encountering information about the hearings."
    Understanding the Iran-Contra Affairs - The Legal Aftermath (convictions: Understanding the Iran-Contra Affairs - The Legal Aftermath)

[The parallel investigation by Independent Counsel Lawrence Walsh secured criminal convictions of nearly a dozen senior administration officials and private citizens for acts such as perjury, conspiracy, fraud, and the destruction of evidence.
Bla bla bla. The rats got set free because they were supposed to have immunity for ratting each other out.

If Reagan defeated the USSR, he did it in name only and it was a temporary stalemate and holding tactic by the USSR. They let go of their costly acquisitions after WWII, retained a Federation and are now confronting the US on several fronts. We have the same Cold War enemy today as we had when Reagan came into and remained in office.......

I don't know if you get the news there in your 'assisted living' residence, but there is no USSR anymore.

Don't ever change.

Where did you do so?

No contest

And...the last item...

Bla bla bla. The rats got set free because they were supposed to have immunity for ratting each other out.

So.....the translation of your post is "Curses!!! She's right again!!!!"

Gracias.

If Reagan defeated the USSR, he did it in name only and it was a temporary stalemate and holding tactic by the USSR. They let go of their costly acquisitions after WWII, retained a Federation and are now confronting the US on several fronts. We have the same Cold War enemy today as we had when Reagan came into and remained in office.......

I don't know if you get the news there in your 'assisted living' residence, but there is no USSR anymore.
Whats wrong with you reading comprehension. I said he got rid of it in name only and mentioned the Federation.

Where did you do so?

No contest

And...the last item...

Gracias.
Hardly. You gave a lame response to one of the several points I made. I gave you an education. Do your homework and don't try to cheat the way you usually do. So far you are flunking this lesson. Explain your claim that the depression was a recession in 1933. That is your priority assignment.

Where did you do so?

No contest

And...the last item...

Gracias.
Hardly. You gave a lame response to one of the several points I made. I gave you an education. Do your homework and don't try to cheat the way you usually do. So far you are flunking this lesson. Explain your claim that the depression was a recession in 1933. That is your priority assignment.

I never cheat...and I always assign you to your rightful position....last seat in the dumb row.

Whats wrong with you [sic] reading comprehension. I said he got rid of it in name only and mentioned the Federation.

He defeated it in reality. There is no USSR anymore.

And...the last item...

Gracias.

I never cheat...and I always assign you to your rightful position....last seat in the dumb row.
You are cheating now by evading a response to specific claims you made that have been refuted. You posted fraudulent information, got caught and are now trying to make pretend you have given a rational response when you have not. You still have not responded to the question of why you call the period of 1929 to 1933 a recession instead of a depression. This will be the third time you have been given a challenge to answer your assertion and claim. Three times and you are out. Your assertion becomes a lie of you do not provide a rational response. You must admit you were mistaken or back up your claim.

Last edited:
We all know how certain board members have a hilarious hatred against FDR, but let's look at what one of the greatest presidents this nation has ever had did for the people:
Interesting facts about FDR in general: http://www.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/facts/
The List:
- The FDIC
- The CWA
- The NIRA
- Abolishing prohibition.
- The "first 100 days" program to grant relief to tens of millions.
- Created the TVA, continued FERA, don't forget the CCC.
- The NLRA and the AAA.
- Established social security and the SEC.
- Drastically decreased unemployment.
- The good neighbor policy
- He Supported the case for intervention in WWII through the Destroyers for Bases Agreement and Lend-Lease Act supplying ships and armament to the Allied forces.
- Led the US into world war 2 to help crush the fascist dogs.
- Endorsed the creation of the UN.
- The FSA
- He added millions of acres to America's national forests, national parks, and wildlife refuges.
- He was elected four times for a reason ;)
- During FDR's presidency, women were appointed to positions that were unprecedented in terms of both number of appointments as well as rank in the United States government.
What FDR was handed:
By the time that FDR was inaugurated president on March 4, 1933, the banking system had collapsed, nearly 25% of the labor force was unemployed, and prices and productivity had fallen to 1/3 of their 1929 levels. Reduced prices and reduced output resulted in lower incomes in wages, rents, dividends, and profits throughout the economy. Factories were shut down, farms and homes were lost to foreclosure, mills and mines were abandoned, and people went hungry. The resulting lower incomes meant the further inability of the people to spend or to save their way out of the crisis, thus perpetuating the economic slowdown in a seemingly never-ending cycle.
At the height of the Depression in 1933, 24.9% of the total work force or 12,830,000 people was unemployed. Although farmers technically were not counted among the unemployed, drastic drops in farm commodity prices resulted in farmers losing their lands and homes to foreclosure.
The displacement of the American work force and farming communities caused families to split up or to migrate from their homes in search of work. "Hoovervilles," or shantytowns built of packing crates, abandoned cars, and other scraps, sprung up across the nation. Residents of the Great Plains area, where the effects of the Depression were intensified by drought and dust storms, simply abandoned their farms and headed for California in hopes of finding the "land of milk and honey." Gangs of unemployed youth, whose families could no longer support them, rode the rails as hobos in search of work. America 's unemployed citizens were on the move, but there was no place to go that offered relief from the Great Depression.
Various "extras"
AAA , Agricultural Adjustment Administration, 1933

BCLB , Bituminous Coal Labor Board, 1935

CAA , Civil Aeronautics Authority, 1938

CCC , Civilian Conservation Corps, 1933

CCC , Commodity Credit Corporation, 1933

CWA , Civil Works Administration, 1933

FCA , Farm Credit Administration, 1933

FCC , Federal Communications Commission, 1934

FCIC , Federal Crop Insurance Corporation, 1938

FDIC , Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, 1933

FERA , Federal Emergency Relief Agency, 1933

FFMC , Federal Farm Mortgage Corporation, 1934

FHA , Federal Housing Administration, 1934

FLA, Federal Loan Agency, 1939

FSA , Farm Security Administration, 1937

FSA , Federal Security Agency, 1939

FWA , Federal Works Agency, 1939

HOLC , Home Owners Loan Corporation, 1933

MLB , Maritime Labor Board, 1938

NBCC , National Bituminous Coal Commission, 1935

NLB , National Labor Board, 1933

NLRB , National Labor Relations Board, 1935

NRAB , National Railroad Adjustment Board, 1934

NRA , National Recovery Administration, 1933

NRB , National Resources Board, 1934

NRC , National Resources Committee, 1935

NRPB , National Resources Planning Board, 1939

NYA , National Youth Administration, 1935

PWA , Public Works Administration, 1933

RA , Resettlement Administration, 1935

REA , Rural Electrification Administration, 1935

RFC , Reconstruction Finance Corporation, 1932

RRB , Railroad Retirement Board, 1935

SCS , Soil Conservation Service, 1935

SEC , Securities and Exchange Commission, 1934

SSB , Social Security Board, 1935

TNEC, Temporary National Economic Committee, 1938

TVA, Tennessee Valley Authority, 1933

USEP, United States Employment Service, 1933

USHA, United States Housing Authority, 1937

USMC, United States Maritime Commission, 1936

WPA, Works Progress Administration, 1935

WPA, Name changed to Works Projects Administration, 1939
ALOT of unconstitutionality going on there. Nothing to be proud of. Unless you hate America and cant wipe your own ass

Whats wrong with you [sic] reading comprehension. I said he got rid of it in name only and mentioned the Federation.

Not really. The collapse didn't come until years after he left office and he has to share the contribution he made with a bunch of others. Thatcher, Mitterrand and most importantly, Pope John Paul ll all contributed as much if not more than Reagan. Certainly the Pope gets more credit than Reagan. He started the cascading downfall before Reagan came into office.

I don't know if you've notices, but in the Olympics previous to the last, the Russians were wearing Russian uniforms whilst in the last Olympics the Russians and their up and coming Federate nations, were wearing Russian Federation uniforms.
The USSR is as dead as the US.

Not really. The collapse didn't come until years after he left office and he has to share the contribution he made with a bunch of others. Thatcher, Mitterrand and most importantly, Pope John Paul ll all contributed as much if not more than Reagan. Certainly the Pope gets more credit than Reagan. He started the cascading downfall before Reagan came into office.
I think Unk is very young and reads Ayn Rand all the time.

I think Unk is very young and reads Ayn Rand all the time.
I think he hates FDR because FDR went along with his military commander in charge and put the Japs that lived on the west coast into internment camps and didn't give them a chance to be good spies and saboteurs.

Don't ever change.

Where did you do so?

No contest

And...the last item...

She's so brainwashed she can't formulate a coherent thought without cutting and pasting

I don't know if you've notices, but in the Olympics previous to the last, the Russians were wearing Russian uniforms whilst in the last Olympics the Russians and their up and coming Federate nations, were wearing Russian Federation uniforms.
The USSR is as dead as the US.

The US is not dead, fool.

Forum List

Back