Thank you Tea Party!

What taxes aren't paid? The Democrats want MORE taxes collected. I find that wrong on a couple of levels, but even so, I'd agree to do it right now, IF all the additional tax went to pay the debt down exclusively and would end when the debt is paid off. You have to cap the debt @ $15T too.

The Tea Party is selfish, racist, and incredibly stupid.

Because they don't want to shift debts we owe to future generations? Selfish is wanting to continue on this spending spree you think we deserve. Since the future of America is Hispanic, how is this a racist act?

No, because they don't want to pay their taxes.

My dream is that one day people will realize that paying your taxes is patriotic.

And that people who are against paying their taxes are anti-American.

The fire department and the police department and the post office and the school system and the EPA and Social Security and Medicare and the interstate highway system and the Hoover Dam and NASA and Seal Team Six are all good things, and they are paid for with our taxes.

So if the super wealthy have to pay a little higher tax rate than the working poor, so be it.

What is more important, that American children get an education, that our people get healthcare, that roads and bridges get fixed, that advanced materials research be done, that our military be supplied with the best equipment, that old people be taken care of, that our debt be paid down, that food and water be safe, that our environment be clean, or that a billionaire gets a new yacht?

If paying taxes is patriotic, then why do 50% of Americans not pay taxes? I mean, are they not patriotic becuase they take advantage of the write offs that give them a 0 tax liability?

You have created one of the greatest economic crisis since the great depression. Rather than handle the deficit though negotiation and scaling back, you are now holding the country hostage refusing to budge in you insistance that the rich need tax breaks.
What happened to Jobs, Jobs, Jobs?
The Independent Voter has been watching and ALL polls say they want compromise, but you refuse. So you will pay in November 2012. I assure you, YOU WILL PAY!

You are all one termers. I hope it was worth it.

Looks like Dear Leader has a problem. :eusa_whistle:

New polls: Obama’s off base - BostonHerald.com

Don't believe everything you read.

I've noticed a string of these popping up in liberal media sites. It's simply to motivate the base into action.

Saddam was afraid of the Iranians. People he had every reason to think would invade him. Keeping the word of WMDs out there was a ploy on his part to stave off invasion. In the end, it proved a poor defense.

Actually, his strategy worked.

Want a good question? Try this one.

Why is it that the US attacked a nation withOUT WMDs unless it was partially because our gov't new Saddam really didn't have any WMDs to use against our troops.

Saddam was afraid of the Iranians. People he had every reason to think would invade him. Keeping the word of WMDs out there was a ploy on his part to stave off invasion. In the end, it proved a poor defense.

Why is it that the US attacked a nation withOUT WMDs unless it was partially because our gov't new Saddam really didn't have any WMDs to use against our troops.

We have a conspiracy section...

Here is a better question...

How did Bush "doctor" the intel of the recon agencies of England, Australia and others without those recon agencies compaining that he did so?

You have created one of the greatest economic crisis since the great depression. Rather than handle the deficit though negotiation and scaling back, you are now holding the country hostage refusing to budge in you insistance that the rich need tax breaks.
What happened to Jobs, Jobs, Jobs?
The Independent Voter has been watching and ALL polls say they want compromise, but you refuse. So you will pay in November 2012. I assure you, YOU WILL PAY!

You are all one termers. I hope it was worth it.

The Tea Party is selfish, racist, and incredibly stupid.

LOL! Nothing but bias generalization. If even true, still puts conservatives more than one up on Democrats, bunch of self-righteous narcissists.

If we default, petitions will begin to recall the dogmatic Tea Baggers.

What taxes aren't paid? The Democrats want MORE taxes collected. I find that wrong on a couple of levels, but even so, I'd agree to do it right now, IF all the additional tax went to pay the debt down exclusively and would end when the debt is paid off. You have to cap the debt @ $15T too.

A previous comment was misunderstood. You have my sincerest of apologies.

Clearly my bad.

The Baggers want a short term solution, so they can do this whole thing again in 6 months. Don't they realize that each time they hold the country hostage, their craziness is exposed.

I am listening to a Bagger on CNN now that says compromise is out of the question. The American Voter says otherwise and will slam these children trying to be legislatures in 2012.

Actually, I hope to see some Recalls in the coming months!

Actually teabagee, they want a long term solution, but they know Dear Leader won't play.

How did Bush "doctor" the intel of the recon agencies of England, Australia and others without those recon agencies compaining that he did so?

Ever heard of "curveball"? He was the only source of intel for invading Iraq.

Ever heard of "curveball"? He was the only source of intel for invading Iraq.

No he wasnt.

This board needs a way for members to vote to ban people... How many threads a day can people make that have no point?

I propose a system that requires people of a certain amount of positive reputation the ability to cast a vote only on people that start threads. If enough votes are collected then the person that started the thread is banned for 3 days, next time 5 days, next 10... Then permeate ban. Possibly have a 3 month period where if you manage to not get banned but have a “record” of let’s say 2 strikes, then your record is wiped clean and you’re *3 strikes* starts over.

The idea is to get rid of threads like this one by getting rid of the people that make them by holding them accountable. Threads would need to provide something worth debate, something beyond Trolling and hackery like this very thread was based on.

We would see much fewer threads but something tells me the quality would outweigh the quantity.

We have a conspiracy section...

That's where Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld should have posted their claimes about Saddams WMDs.

I think we do public service here keeping the crazies indoors...

That and free speech is sort of a big deal here.

This board needs a way for members to vote to ban people... How many threads a day can people make that have no point?

I propose a system that requires people of a certain amount of positive reputation the ability to cast a vote only on people that start threads. If enough votes are collected then the person that started the thread is banned for 3 days, next time 5 days, next 10... Then permeate ban. Possibly have a 3 month period where if you manage to not get banned but have a “record” of let’s say 2 strikes, then your record is wiped clean and you’re *3 strikes* starts over.

The idea is to get rid of threads like this one by getting rid of the people that make them by holding them accountable. Threads would need to provide something worth debate, something beyond Trolling and hackery like this very thread was based on.

We would see much fewer threads but something tells me the quality would outweigh the quantity.

Hackery is politics and has been since its inception.

Dont mess with free speech. There are plenty of boards out there that cater to like only thinking.

Forum List

Back