Thanks, Red States! Blue State Economic Boom

What disturbs me about some of the pro-abortion arguments is that are contradictory. For instance, at one point the teenaged pregnant girl is a cowering child who is terrified of telling her parents and in the next breath she is a "woman" who has the ability to make major decisions about her health and life.

On one hand the parents have no right to even be notified that their child is undergoing a major medical procedure (perhaps due to severe sexual abuse, rape and child endangerment) but, of course, if their child might have complications from the procedure, the parents will have to pay the medical bills. And while the parents don't have individual right to be notified all of us as tax paying citizens have are forced to pay for these procedures based on what? The word of the organizations that are performing them that x-number of procedures need to be re-imbursed. Details can't be disclosed because that would violate the privacy of the patients.

6.4% of all abortions are performed on girls aged 17 and younger. If half of those girls have parents who stop them from receiving an abortion, then there would be 38,000 new babies in this country. Some of those babies will be placed for adoption. Some of those babies will remain in the family, often being raised by the grandparents while the "mom" finishes school, including college. Some of the moms will marry or be supported by the biological father or another guy. Not all of those "single moms" will end up on welfare. Considering that 35 states currently have parental notification / consent laws, the total number of increase in live births will probably be much less. I think we can handle it.

1.5% of all abortions are performed after 20 weeks of gestation. That will result in 18,000 more babies being born. Some will be placed for adoption, some will be cared for another way. Again, I think we can handle it.

Last edited:
what to bring up?
your main assertion was that parents making their teenage daughter continuing with pregnancy is BAD, whereas in reality it is the best thing that can be done in this situation - strictly from physiological and medical point of view.
forcing a teenager to undergo abortion against her will is extremely vicious and though I do not consider it is that often happening it might happen and the legal situation in this case should be outlined as well. It is difficult for me to picture providers jumping on and going forward with an abortion when the teenager clearly does not want it and parents do.
Does not mean it can not happen, though.

So what was I supposed to refute?

The best thing they can do is LET HER DECIDE WHAT TO DO with own body. They should be there to support, advise and correct what they can but in the end, it should be her that decides.

Abortion is no small thing but neither is child birth.

No way. It is not her body, first of all, it is a separate human being inside her body.
A teenager has no idea how the abortion will impact her life and her chances of future possibility to become pregnant neither does she have any idea on psychiatry problems which will inevitably follow - they always do - and should be helped in getting the pregnancy to the term with a possibility of further adoption if the family can not help in raising the child.
Abortion can and should be considered ONLY in a case of grave danger to her health

No, it should NOT be different from existing law because she is a minor. That is wrong.

IF you want abortion to be limited to the health of the mother only, then the abortion law itself needs to be changed (though you are going to need an amendment for that). Existing law should apply to the minor the same as it applies to an 18 year old child.

You want to know emotional distress, a parent FORCING a 17 year old to carry to term when she does not want to would be FAR more detrimental. It would not even be in the same ballpark. Why the hell would she have the right to abort of she were 18 but suddenly the ability to control herself is ripped away at 17. That is asinine.

Free people around the country are leaving your tyrannical shitholes to live near freedom and life loving humans.

Wait till this guy wakes up! Cause I know about ZERO people who buy a large amount of guns then haul ass to the country to hide.

Who the fuck even begins to think like this?

With all of these Red States slipping abortion restrictions into their budgets and creating laws requiring transvaginal probes for women seeking to terminate their pregnancy, we in the Blue States say thanks for the opportunity to serve the sheer tsunami of women coming into the New Jersey/New York area in order to obtain abortions.

It will be a veritable boom in lodging, shuttle transportation, restaurants and retail much as we saw in 1970.

Again, thanks...or maybe I should say, "Thank ya'll!"

Liberal Democrat Dream Scenario....liberate women & fathers to kill their babies...and be proud and profitable.

Last edited:
With all of these Red States slipping abortion restrictions into their budgets and creating laws requiring transvaginal probes for women seeking to terminate their pregnancy, we in the Blue States say thanks for the opportunity to serve the sheer tsunami of women coming into the New Jersey/New York area in order to obtain abortions.

It will be a veritable boom in lodging, shuttle transportation, restaurants and retail much as we saw in 1970.

Liberal Democrat Dream Scenario....liberate women & fathers to kill their babies...and be proud and profitable.

I wonder why the liberals have such a low opinion of women. They make it seem like women are incapable of rational thought. Curious really.

No, it should NOT be different from existing law because she is a minor. That is wrong.

IF you want abortion to be limited to the health of the mother only, then the abortion law itself needs to be changed (though you are going to need an amendment for that). Existing law should apply to the minor the same as it applies to an 18 year old child.

You want to know emotional distress, a parent FORCING a 17 year old to carry to term when she does not want to would be FAR more detrimental. It would not even be in the same ballpark. Why the hell would she have the right to abort of she were 18 but suddenly the ability to control herself is ripped away at 17. That is asinine.

No, it is not wrong - the minors have limited rights and responsibilities for a reason.

No it is NOT. pregnancy is absolutely normal physiological process and if you stop viewing life as entitlement to fun only and start learning that what you do has consequences and carrying the child to the term at 17 might be one of them, emotional distress can be summoned as you ripe what you saw - repeating - pregnancy is NORMAL physiological state and a NORMAL consequence of one's actions whereas abortion is totally abnormal and it is a murder, no matter how much you euphemise the issue - deep down inside every girl or a woman knows that. And if you are a knowledgeable and reasonable parent you do not want to force your daughter through a nightmare of being a murderer in her consciousnesses for the rest of her life.

My, an economic boom based on baby-killing and butt plug manufacturing. I can see why the blue states are so proud.

those blue states are so much more civilized than them red states..

their motto, come to our state we will suck that baby right outta you CHEAP no questions asked

what to bring up?
your main assertion was that parents making their teenage daughter continuing with pregnancy is BAD, whereas in reality it is the best thing that can be done in this situation - strictly from physiological and medical point of view.
forcing a teenager to undergo abortion against her will is extremely vicious and though I do not consider it is that often happening it might happen and the legal situation in this case should be outlined as well. It is difficult for me to picture providers jumping on and going forward with an abortion when the teenager clearly does not want it and parents do.
Does not mean it can not happen, though.

So what was I supposed to refute?

Woa does that really happen? I think you lie.

think again

Never read it or heard of it to normal teens. She would fight back a doctor. I would think, provvide a link and not some asshole in ohio that beat the girls into a miscarriage

Woa does that really happen? I think you lie.

think again

Never read it or heard of it to normal teens. She would fight back a doctor. I would think, provvide a link and not some asshole in ohio that beat the girls into a miscarriage

I do not understand your request. Do you suppose parental enforcing of the abortion would be publicized? or you even disregard the theoretical possibility of the situation? Forcing doesn't mean it is physical enforcement only. Parental enforcement is usually psychological. And not only parental
Then - think again

Last edited:
HEY, blue states...this is what you are hoping to build your economy off of...
way to go to show you are cold human beings..

Teach your daughters some facts about birth control and maybe they won't be needing to come to the big city to get their "little problem" taken care of.

Teach your daughters some facts about birth control and maybe they won't be needing to come to the big city to get their "little problem" taken care of.

really, you prove my point of, cold human beings

I wonder why the liberals have such a low opinion of women. They make it seem like women are incapable of rational thought. Curious really.

Yep, makes me curious as to why the conservatives opposed the Equal Rights Amendment. Clearly a liberal plan to subjugate women and keep them bare foot, pregnant and out of man's way.

wow, something to be proud of...are all blue states made up of such sick and twisted people?

Hey, it's the Republican way! Just think of all the jobs created and profits to be calculated based on someone else's misery!

If you find this repugnant, then please step up as a private citizen to offer your support of all the unwanted children that will be born out of these new restrictions, because their mommas and daddies won't be able to afford them. Step up or shut up.

We already support all of the wanted and unwanted children that the mommas and daddies cannot or will not afford.

The idea that we should kill children for economic reasons is not only a repugnant idea, but it is a result of a sick and/or depraved mind. I have yet to meet a child, regardless of their condition, that would rather not have been born.

Anyone who believes in Late Term Abortion is a complete and utter Idiot.

If a woman can't decide by week 20 to keep a baby then I suggest she may be a Brainless Lib.

no kidding, 20 weeks is almost a FIVE MONTH old baby... yet they still scream over some laws in other states

liberals are brain dead robots or at least this Op is

The far right has you so focused on the 20-week stipulation that you're not paying attention to the fine details. I suggest you look into the actual state laws going into effect and stop acting like a trained seal at GOP-Sea World. See the Guttmacher information I just posted for Texas.

Now thats fucking hilarious!! a pro abortion clown lecturing on the missed details!!!

Forum List

Back