That was the Awfullest speech I've ever heard a Pres make

Sounded like the president of Turkey with his anti-media and whining about his opposition tone. Fuck him.
Actually the media is our enemy.
If you cross them, they will try to kill you.

As a wee, tiny, diversion from the topic of this thread,
I'm really getting aggravated with these ball busters coming in here and making a big deal out of the word "awfullest" when day after day after day I politely ignore your for you're, of for have, its for it's, their for there, to for too and breath for breathe. The list goes on and gets a lot worse than just spelling. Do I say anything? NO.
Listen up assholes: I KNOW AWFULLEST is not an actual word. I liked it so I used it. And to plagiarize Ever Curious:
Piss off. I will bloody well make up whatever words I fucking want, including "awfullest." Stick that in your fucking pipe and smoke it.

Last night's speech by Trump at his 100 Day Rally in Pennsylvania was truly stirring, but not in a good way. It was not only disappointing, it was frightening. As one CNN guest, a former governor, put it, "I feel like I need a shower."

Why was this one so bad, when I've watched so many others of his without feeling the need to growl at the television set like I did last night? It wasn't because I've lost my ability to listen to another's point of view. It wasn't that I've turned into a partisan froot loop who will automatically criticize everything the man says or does. It was because:

• During his rambling prelude, giving a 10 minute perfunctory slamming of the press, he wore the smug, self satisfied smirk of a bully safe in his position that would lead most parents to say "Wipe that smirk off your face or I'll wipe it off for you."

• He spent a great deal of time deftly conflating the genuine concerns about MS-13 with all illegal immigrants and then to frost the cake, he read that damned "The Snake."

• He did spend a few minutes talking about his accomplishments in the first 100 days, but then spent the rest of the speech giving the exact same campaign promises that he has not actually been able to take the first steps toward. Last I knew, ISIS is no more "on the run" than it was at the end of Obama's term. Economic growth this quarter was .7%. When he mentioned the Wall, it was to say "Don't worry--we'll have a Wall." How? Since you just took it off the spending bill because Congress won't fund it? Yadda, yadda, yadda. He's making us safe, making us prosperous, making us GREAT.
Tbh, what bothered me the most was the way the crowd was reacting with their chanting on demand at the end of each of his pronouncements like a brainwashed proletariat. I was reminded of watching the NK parade--everyone in the crowd chanting exactly what the Boss wants to hear. That was actually the creepiest, most frightening part, what we seem to be turning into.

That was not a president's speech. It was the ill tempered rant of a man who smugly feels he can get away with anything, and who continues to ignore or demean the 60% of the country that doesn't approve of the job he's doing. It was mostly an old recycled stump speech from his glory days of the campaign, when any hollow promise goes.

Very disappointing all around and like I said, it gave me the creeps.

Trump's entire speech on 100th day - CNN Video

That was the "Awfullest" speech I've ever heard a Pres make

How would you know, you don't even speak the language.

Wasn't she using the best words?

You mean making them up?

Do you think her making up words is unpresidented?
I hearby declare that an alternative fact.

Last night's speech by Trump at his 100 Day Rally in Pennsylvania was truly stirring, but not in a good way. It was not only disappointing, it was frightening. As one CNN guest, a former governor, put it, "I feel like I need a shower."

Why was this one so bad, when I've watched so many others of his without feeling the need to growl at the television set like I did last night? It wasn't because I've lost my ability to listen to another's point of view. It wasn't that I've turned into a partisan froot loop who will automatically criticize everything the man says or does. It was because:

• During his rambling prelude, giving a 10 minute perfunctory slamming of the press, he wore the smug, self satisfied smirk of a bully safe in his position that would lead most parents to say "Wipe that smirk off your face or I'll wipe it off for you."

• He spent a great deal of time deftly conflating the genuine concerns about MS-13 with all illegal immigrants and then to frost the cake, he read that damned "The Snake."

• He did spend a few minutes talking about his accomplishments in the first 100 days, but then spent the rest of the speech giving the exact same campaign promises that he has not actually been able to take the first steps toward. Last I knew, ISIS is no more "on the run" than it was at the end of Obama's term. Economic growth this quarter was .7%. When he mentioned the Wall, it was to say "Don't worry--we'll have a Wall." How? Since you just took it off the spending bill because Congress won't fund it? Yadda, yadda, yadda. He's making us safe, making us prosperous, making us GREAT.
Tbh, what bothered me the most was the way the crowd was reacting with their chanting on demand at the end of each of his pronouncements like a brainwashed proletariat. I was reminded of watching the NK parade--everyone in the crowd chanting exactly what the Boss wants to hear. That was actually the creepiest, most frightening part, what we seem to be turning into.

That was not a president's speech. It was the ill tempered rant of a man who smugly feels he can get away with anything, and who continues to ignore or demean the 60% of the country that doesn't approve of the job he's doing. It was mostly an old recycled stump speech from his glory days of the campaign, when any hollow promise goes.

Oh, brother....here we go again. Nope, not gonna bother.
Well, let's put it this way Texas: I was referring to the man who made up the word BIGLY. So it's fair.

bigly

Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms.
Related to bigly: Bitly
big
(bĭg)
adj. big·ger, big·gest
a.
Of considerable size, number, quantity, magnitude, or extent; large. See Synonyms at large.
b. Having great strength or force: a big wind; in a big rage.
c. Of great significance; momentous: a big decision; a big victory.
a.
Mature or grown-up: big enough to take the bus by herself.
b. Older or eldest. Used especially of a sibling: My big brother is leaving for college next week.
a.
Filled up; brimming over: felt big with love.
b. Bountiful; generous: had a big heart.
4. Pregnant: big with child.
a.
Having or exercising considerable authority, control, or influence: a big official; a big chief.
b. Conspicuous in position, wealth, or importance; prominent: a big figure in the peace movement.
6. Loud and firm; resounding: a big voice.
7. Informal Widely liked, used, or practiced; popular: "The Minneapolis indie-rock band was big in the blogosphere,beloved by hipsters, and unknown to pretty much everyone else" (Robert Levine).
8. Informal Self-important; cocky: You're too big for your own good.
adv.
1. In a pretentious or boastful way: talked big about the new job.
2. Informal
a. With considerable success: made it big with their recent best-selling album.
b. In a thorough or unmistakable way; emphatically: failed big at the box office.
Idiom:
big on

Enthusiastic about; partial to: "a patriotic youth organization big on military-style marching drills" (Earl Swift).
[Middle English, perhaps of Scandinavian origin.]
big′gish adj.
big′ly adv.
big′ness n.

It appears to be an adjective, not made up. So you were saying?

Well, let's put it this way Texas: I was referring to the man who made up the word BIGLY. So it's fair.

bigly

big
(bĭg)
adj. big·ger, big·gest
a.
Of considerable size, number, quantity, magnitude, or extent; large. See Synonyms at large.
a.
b. Older or eldest. Used especially of a sibling: My big brother is leaving for college next week.
a.
a.
Having or exercising considerable authority, control, or influence: a big official; a big chief.
b. Conspicuous in position, wealth, or importance; prominent: a big figure in the peace movement.
7. Informal Widely liked, used, or practiced; popular: "The Minneapolis indie-rock band was big in the blogosphere,beloved by hipsters, and unknown to pretty much everyone else" (Robert Levine).
adv.
2. Informal
b. In a thorough or unmistakable way; emphatically: failed big at the box office.
Idiom:
big on

Enthusiastic about; partial to: "a patriotic youth organization big on military-style marching drills" (Earl Swift).
big′gish adj.
big′ly adv.
big′ness n.

By the site Grammarly?
LOL

I'm really getting aggravated with these ball busters coming in here and making a big deal out of the word "awfullest" when day after day after day I politely ignore your for you're, of for have, its for it's, their for there, to for too and breath for breathe. The list goes on and gets a lot worse than just spelling. Do I say anything? NO.
Listen up assholes: I KNOW AWFULLEST is not an actual word. I liked it so I used it. And to plagiarize Ever Curious:
Piss off. I will bloody well make up whatever words I fucking want, including "awfullest." Stick that in your fucking pipe and smoke it.
I sorta like Yuge

I sorta like Yuge
And Jina

Yeah we can't all talk like 3rd graders. You're right.

"Awfullest" is not a word dip, any 3rd grader would know that.
I didn't say it was. I'm not the supporting Trump. He's the one who talks like an actual 3rd grader.

Guess you never been instructed on public speaking, you're suppose to tailor the message to the lowest educated person in the room, not the highest. But I guess the OP understood everything perfectly since they appear to lack an education.

I sorta like Yuge
And Jina
Jeebus

I sorta like Yuge
And Jina

bigly

big
(bĭg)
adj. big·ger, big·gest
a.
a.
a.
a.
adv.
2. Informal
Idiom:
big on

big′gish adj.
big′ly adv.
big′ness n.

By the site Grammarly?
LOL

Oh did I forget the link? Allow me to fix that.

bigly

Yeah we can't all talk like 3rd graders. You're right.

I didn't say it was. I'm not the supporting Trump. He's the one who talks like an actual 3rd grader.

Guess you never been instructed on public speaking, you're suppose to tailor the message to the lowest educated person in the room, not the highest. But I guess the OP understood everything perfectly since they appear to lack an education.

supposed

I thought it was one of his bestest speeches. :dunno:
Any particular reason, or did you just want to use 'bestest'?
I've always liked his speeches because the message never sounds fake and rehearsed.

And yes... I used "bestest" because of your thread title. :)
So much of it last night was retreads from the campaign that I'm surprised he was using the teleprompter so much. But you're right, his speeches are always in a conversational tone--although a bit louder than normal conversation, sometimes.

He may have them in a conversational tone, but his speeches are nothing but pure word salad, designed to inflame and incite people.

And, while he was a candidate, he had the right to kick those who didn't agree with him out of his rallies. As president however, he is supposed to be president for ALL Americans, even those that don't agree with him. I never saw Obama throw anyone out of his rallies, even when they showed up armed with rifles and pistols.
------------------------------------------------------ if people come to his rallies and then disurpt then Trump has every right to toss them out Senor BSailor !!

bigly

big
(bĭg)
adj. big·ger, big·gest
a.
a.
a.
a.
adv.
2. Informal
Idiom:
big on

big′gish adj.
big′ly adv.
big′ness n.

By the site Grammarly?
LOL

Oh did I forget the link? Allow me to fix that.

bigly

Listen. I'm not interested in all the ersatz dictionary sites that have added an entry for bigly since that idiot started using it. It wouldn't let me in anyway without disabling my ad blocker, which I'm not going to do.
Gotta go.
Have a lovely evening free of grammatical and spelling errors.

Gotta disagree.

It's wrong to expect even a high-school level liberal to have the slightest understanding of spelling or grammar.
You're asking too much. Far, far too much.

bigly

big
(bĭg)
adj. big·ger, big·gest
a.
a.
a.
a.
adv.
2. Informal
Idiom:
big on

big′gish adj.
big′ly adv.
big′ness n.

That page says it was an adverb used in Middle English. Spout away, Chaucer.

I agree...it was pretty damned creepy

What bothered me was the protestor. Tump sneered....Get em outa here!
Most presidents would have made a comment about how great freedom of speech is
Trump is clearly insecure as President and paranoid as all hell

Having the rally itself shows what a whiny little insecure bitch he is. He'll do anything for the feeling of people liking him.

Not to worry...you're not alone.
All weirdos, bottom feeders, illegals, men in dresses, pole puffers and criminals cringe every time Trump speaks.
Meanwhile anyone legit is still smiling ear to ear....hahaha

and 22 pages , Trump is still President and all the dems and lefty liberals can do is attack him personally , its pretty funny [chuckle] !!

Forum List

Back