The 1st and 2nd amendments had the same purpose

A free press, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly and a right to vote have kept government in check for over 200 years. We have never needed a second amendment to keep the government in check

The second amendment is no longer needed. We have the most powerful military in history. We no longer need "Well Regulated Militias"
Civilians using arms against a tyrannical government may have been an option in 1776 but it is no longer an option today

The right to bear arms should be relegated to individual states as they see fit
Without the second admendment any sort of freedom is dead...

The Second Amendment has never been used to defend our freedom

Free press, Freedom of Assembly and the right to vote has protected our freedom for over 200 years
The second amendment WON our freedom.

The military overwhelmingly vote republican... fact

What does that have to do with an armed insurrection?
They will never take sides against their own citizens...

They will when one of those citizens kills their best buddy
Their best buddy wouldn't be putting himself in that position, would he?

Why are gun nuts shooting at our soldiers?

Are you defending those who will take up arms against the American Flag?
What gun nuts are shooting at soldiers?
Look! Soldiers take an oath to defend the Constitution and will DEFEND citizens who have been denied their rights by a government that wants to control our religion, our press and our right to speak out.
You really think that you can elect a President that the military would follow blindly to hell. I promise you, that will never happen here.

A free press, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly and a right to vote have kept government in check for over 200 years. We have never needed a second amendment to keep the government in check

The second amendment is no longer needed. We have the most powerful military in history. We no longer need "Well Regulated Militias"
Civilians using arms against a tyrannical government may have been an option in 1776 but it is no longer an option today

Free press, Freedom of Assembly and the right to vote has protected our freedom for over 200 years
No it didn't

The Continental army and the French won

What does that have to do with an armed insurrection?
They will never take sides against their own citizens...

They will when one of those citizens kills their best buddy
Their best buddy wouldn't be putting himself in that position, would he?

Why are gun nuts shooting at our soldiers?

Are you defending those who will take up arms against the American Flag?
What gun nuts are shooting at soldiers?
Look! Soldiers take an oath to defend the Constitution and will DEFEND citizens who have been denied their rights by a government that wants to control our religion, our press and our right to speak out.
You really think that you can elect a President that the military would follow blindly to hell. I promise you, that will never happen here.
You tell me

I'm not the one claiming guns are needed to fight an evil government
All I need is freedom of the press and the vote

I've never used my 4th amendment rights, nor my right to Trial by Jury, so I guess we can get rid of those as well, right?
Your 4th amendment rights are used all the time to protect from illegal searches. When was the last time your car was searched or you were stopped on the street?
Regardless....both the 4th and 5th are used on a daily basis throughout the country
The second is never used to protect our freedom or to maintain militias
The irony of this rube completely misunderstanding the effect of the 2nd amendment is rich, especially when in the very same post he cites the same effect exerted by the 1st, 4th and 5th.

Of course, he doesn't misunderstand it at all. He understands it all too well, especially since it's people like him the 2nd amendment was designed to prevent from violating our rights. He's merely lying about it.

He's desperately claiming the 2nd has never protected our freedom... so that he can fool voters into tossing it, thereby enabling him to take away our freedom.

OK Rube

Other than personal security......show me where the second amendment has ever protected our freedom
The Second Amendment protects our freedom the same way our nuclear bombs protect us from atomic warfare

No it didn't

The Continental army furnished their own weapons for the most part.

These stupid Moon Bat Libtards don't think we have the right to keep and bear arms.

They think only the National Guard has that right, or something.

That stupid shithead bitch they supported for President in 2016 isn't even sure if it a Constitutional right or not. She must have been absent from law school the day they discussed the Bill of Rights. Good thing she lost the election, isn't it? Who in their right mind would want that idiot as President?

Clinton on Individual Right to Bear Arms: 'If It Is a Constitutional Right...'

Clinton on Individual Right to Bear Arms: 'If It Is a Constitutional Right...'

I've never used my 4th amendment rights, nor my right to Trial by Jury, so I guess we can get rid of those as well, right?
Your 4th amendment rights are used all the time to protect from illegal searches. When was the last time your car was searched or you were stopped on the street?
Regardless....both the 4th and 5th are used on a daily basis throughout the country
The irony of this rube completely misunderstanding the effect of the 2nd amendment is rich, especially when in the very same post he cites the same effect exerted by the 1st, 4th and 5th.

Of course, he doesn't misunderstand it at all. He understands it all too well, especially since it's people like him the 2nd amendment was designed to prevent from violating our rights. He's merely lying about it.

He's desperately claiming the 2nd has never protected our freedom... so that he can fool voters into tossing it, thereby enabling him to take away our freedom.

OK Rube

Other than personal security......show me where the second amendment has ever protected our freedom
The Second Amendment protects our freedom the same way our nuclear bombs protect us from atomic warfare

A nuclear bomb is a deterrent
A bunch of overweight gun nuts with power fantasies is not

No it didn't

No. logistically that is too confusing.

If you are not able to read and you cannot articulate your thoughts, you cannot take full advantage of the 1st amendment so you will be more likely to depend on the 2nd amendment

Child do you always talk to yourself?
Not you again Doc.
I assume you must rely on the 2nd amendment because you do not have skills to use the 1st.

Son I'll eat you alive ;) Go ahead and make the case that by NOT calling on hostile reporters in any way abrogates the first amendment? They'll still write what they want when they want. You? You'll whine and cry and about Trump being mean and how the Constitution is unfair because it kept Hillary from being President. You are an idiot out of your league boy.
It is not the who Trumps calls on at a press conference, it is what Trump says.
His administration is a well oiled machine; please, even you do not believe that.
He calls the press liars and then lies by saying he had the largest electoral college win since Reagan.
He encouraged leaks during the election but now they are criminal.
The leaks are real but the news is fake.
He asks what he is going to do about antisemitism and he says I am antisemitic, nothing else matters.
I love how he threatens anyone caught leaking yet has no intention of punishing Russia for doing the same thing
He is not the President of Russia. He IS in charge of the Executive branch. He will prosecute anyone under his authority for passing classified information.

Child do you always talk to yourself?
Not you again Doc.
I assume you must rely on the 2nd amendment because you do not have skills to use the 1st.

Son I'll eat you alive ;) Go ahead and make the case that by NOT calling on hostile reporters in any way abrogates the first amendment? They'll still write what they want when they want. You? You'll whine and cry and about Trump being mean and how the Constitution is unfair because it kept Hillary from being President. You are an idiot out of your league boy.
His administration is a well oiled machine; please, even you do not believe that.
He calls the press liars and then lies by saying he had the largest electoral college win since Reagan.
He asks what he is going to do about antisemitism and he says I am antisemitic, nothing else matters.
I love how he threatens anyone caught leaking yet has no intention of punishing Russia for doing the same thing
He is not the President of Russia. He IS in charge of the Executive branch. He will prosecute anyone under his authority for passing classified information.
You do realize what sanctions are?

Last edited:

OK Rube

You can imagine gun owners as overweight gun nuts with power fantasies if you like, but like the guy who came at me reaching for a knife learned, we're not pushovers.
We get it. You don't think anyone who doesn't share your politics should own a gun. That's your opinion. You are entitled to it, but the fact that it is YOUR opinion, doesn't make me overweight or a "nut" any more than my opinion of you makes you a horse's south end.

No it didn't

No. logistically that is too confusing.
Facts do tend to confuse Progressives. I apologize.

Not you again Doc.

I do. Do you know what diplomacy is?

OK Rube

You can imagine gun owners as overweight gun nuts with power fantasies if you like, but like the guy who came at me reaching for a knife learned, we're not pushovers.
We get it. You don't think anyone who doesn't share your politics should own a gun. That's your opinion. You are entitled to it, but the fact that it is YOUR opinion, doesn't make me overweight or a "nut" any more than my opinion of you makes you a horse's south end.
You have my sincere apologies. I never realized I was dealing with such a tough guy

I am sure you are prepared to go against an armed force with helicopters, tanks, Armed drones, body armor, night vision and the most advanced training in the world

Is Trump going to use diplomacy in dealing with members of his government who leak information?

Or is he only tough with people who are powerless

OK Rube

You have my sincere apologies. I never realized I was dealing with such a tough guy

I am sure you are prepared to go against an armed force with helicopters, tanks, Armed drones, body armor, night vision and the most advanced training in the world
I won't have to. The US Armed Forces would never take up arms against citizens defending their Constitutional rights.

Is Trump going to use diplomacy in dealing with members of his government who leak information?

Your problem is this, too many of us have taken up arms and been forced to do things that ensure your "Right" to type all the stupid shit you type. Things you could never do. It just is what it is.

The 1st and 2nd amendments had the same purpose: protections against a tyrannical government.
Donald Trump is trying to take away the 1st amendment.
Most Trump supporters are sticklers on the 2nd amendment.
If you are a true believer in the constitution you should protect the 1st amendment as much as the 2nd amendment.

In today's world the 1st amendment is a realistic tool against a tyrannical government.
I do not feel owning all the guns in the world will protect you from an oppressive government today. Our government has many more weapons than guns.
Your statements are hilarious as well as unsupported.

What makes you think DJT does not support 1A ??

He is simply complaining about the hostile attitude and nature of the Media as a whole.

And regarding self defense, there is nothing better than a concealed firearm on your person.

As far as taking on the US Armed Forces, that's why you need your own assault carbine and lots of ammo too. But I don't believe it would ever come to that. The JCS are a line of defense against a tyrannical President (like Nixon was). So your argument is a red herring.

No, idiot. He is going to use the law.
You are truly an idiot lately. You used to be among the more rational Liberals here. Are you so butt hurt that your party lost the election that you have lost what tenuous grasp on reality that you once had?

Forum List

Back