🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The 1st and 2nd amendments had the same purpose

The 1st and 2nd amendments had the same purpose: protections against a tyrannical government.
Donald Trump is trying to take away the 1st amendment.
Most Trump supporters are sticklers on the 2nd amendment.
If you are a true believer in the constitution you should protect the 1st amendment as much as the 2nd amendment.

In today's world the 1st amendment is a realistic tool against a tyrannical government.
I do not feel owning all the guns in the world will protect you from an oppressive government today. Our government has many more weapons than guns.

Disingenuous bullshit analogy.

Trump isn't trying to take away the 1st amendment, by calling the press out on their weapons grade bias, any more than putting James Holmes in prison is trying to take away the 2nd amendment.

I won't have to. The US Armed Forces would never take up arms against citizens defending their Constitutional rights.
But you likely WILL need to defend yourself against crime.

The police and the government CANNOT defend you against that. They can only clean up the mess afterwards and write a report and look for the criminal. That will all be long after you are already dead.

I won't have to. The US Armed Forces would never take up arms against citizens defending their Constitutional rights.
But you likely WILL need to defend yourself against crime.

The police and the government CANNOT defend you against that. They can only clean up the mess afterwards and write a report and look for the criminal. That will all be long after you are already dead.
I am fully prepared and capable of defending myself against crime as the guy who came at me reaching for a knife found out. Nope, I didn't make the paper and the asshole is still breathing. His hand came up slow and empty once my .40 was aimed at his sternum about 18" away.

You sound, well, brain washed. Reduce your consumption of radical left talking points immediately.
Please explain the flaw in my argument.

You have made no argument.
Do you think the 1st amendment is as important as the 2nd amendment. I am sure your answer is yes.
Trump is trying undermine the freedom of the press.

Pretty simple.
Trump is not trying to undermine the freedom of the press.

Trump is trying to hold the press to standards of fairness, honesty, and accuracy.

They are resisting mightily --- but I suspect the American people will win, in the end.

OK Rube

Other than personal security......show me where the second amendment has ever protected our freedom
The Second Amendment protects our freedom the same way our nuclear bombs protect us from atomic warfare

A nuclear bomb is a deterrent
A bunch of overweight gun nuts with power fantasies is not
You can imagine gun owners as overweight gun nuts with power fantasies if you like, but like the guy who came at me reaching for a knife learned, we're not pushovers.
We get it. You don't think anyone who doesn't share your politics should own a gun. That's your opinion. You are entitled to it, but the fact that it is YOUR opinion, doesn't make me overweight or a "nut" any more than my opinion of you makes you a horse's south end.
You have my sincere apologies. I never realized I was dealing with such a tough guy

I am sure you are prepared to go against an armed force with helicopters, tanks, Armed drones, body armor, night vision and the most advanced training in the world
They would against armed terrorists trying to take over the country

It is their duty

You sound, well, brain washed. Reduce your consumption of radical left talking points immediately.

Do you think the 1st amendment is as important as the 2nd amendment. I am sure your answer is yes.

Pretty simple.
Trump is not trying to undermine the freedom of the press.

Trump is trying to hold the press to standards of fairness, honesty, and accuracy.

They are resisting mightily --- but I suspect the American people will win, in the end.
The press has always been held to standards of honesty and accuracy. Nobody said life is fair

It is not up to the President to turn the public against the press

The 1st and 2nd amendments had the same purpose: protections against a tyrannical government.
If you are a true believer in the constitution you should protect the 1st amendment as much as the 2nd amendment.

In today's world the 1st amendment is a realistic tool against a tyrannical government.
I do not feel owning all the guns in the world will protect you from an oppressive government today. Our government has many more weapons than guns.
Trump criticizing the press is not taking away first amendment rights

I love how he threatens anyone caught leaking yet has no intention of punishing Russia for doing the same thing
He is not the President of Russia. He IS in charge of the Executive branch. He will prosecute anyone under his authority for passing classified information.
You do realize what sanctions are?
I do. Do you know what diplomacy is?
Is Trump going to use diplomacy in dealing with members of his government who leak information?

Or is he only tough with people who are powerless

Your problem is this, too many of us have taken up arms and been forced to do things that ensure your "Right" to type all the stupid shit you type. Things you could never do. It just is what it is.
Guns have never defended my freedom of speech

Pretty simple.
no he's not he is telling people that the press is not to be trusted to tell the truth

he's not stopping the press from reporting on anything

The Second Amendment protects our freedom the same way our nuclear bombs protect us from atomic warfare

You can imagine gun owners as overweight gun nuts with power fantasies if you like, but like the guy who came at me reaching for a knife learned, we're not pushovers.
We get it. You don't think anyone who doesn't share your politics should own a gun. That's your opinion. You are entitled to it, but the fact that it is YOUR opinion, doesn't make me overweight or a "nut" any more than my opinion of you makes you a horse's south end.
You have my sincere apologies. I never realized I was dealing with such a tough guy

I am sure you are prepared to go against an armed force with helicopters, tanks, Armed drones, body armor, night vision and the most advanced training in the world

It is their duty
It came close to them coming for you....

He is not the President of Russia. He IS in charge of the Executive branch. He will prosecute anyone under his authority for passing classified information.
You do realize what sanctions are?
I do. Do you know what diplomacy is?
Is Trump going to use diplomacy in dealing with members of his government who leak information?

Or is he only tough with people who are powerless

Your problem is this, too many of us have taken up arms and been forced to do things that ensure your "Right" to type all the stupid shit you type. Things you could never do. It just is what it is.
Guns have never defended my freedom of speech
They have of us Americans.....

The only people proving themselves a threat to free speech are on the left...

1iwu80.gif
I am talking about freedom of the press not freedom of speech.

But it is not right for anyone to suppress speech or the press.

You make my point
freedom of speech IS freedom of the press

It is their duty

They did the last time Democrats tried to get uppity. It would not take so long this time.

A free press, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly and a right to vote have ensured citizens a check on government overreach

Guns in private hands could never do that
The most spineless and uneducated in our society feel that guns are the only answer.

Citizens militias could not even win the Revolutionary war

Against today's army they would be obliterated

Of course you, a pussy who has never served would think that our armed forces would fire on American's.
What happens if the whacked on extreme left wing takes over the Presidency and control of the military.
That does not concern you?
What if the military is made up of violent whacked out lefty's.
You better watch out?
You would first have to have those serving go along with you.

No concern there.

Are you saying the left is violent and " whacked out?"

A free press, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly and a right to vote have ensured citizens a check on government overreach

Guns in private hands could never do that
The most spineless and uneducated in our society feel that guns are the only answer.
Hard to believe there are retards who think they could shoot it out with a modern armed forces
Hard to believe there are retards who think our modern Armed Forces would go to war against their families, friends and neighbors.

Dumbass, the military would never back an oppressive federal government against its own citizens.

Oppressive is in the eye of the beholder
Any support you expect from the military will be gone as soon as some gun nut kills a soldier

How much support did Tim McVeigh get?
The military overwhelmingly vote republican... fact

What does that have to do with an armed insurrection?

Dumbass, the military would never back an oppressive federal government against its own citizens.

Any support you expect from the military will be gone as soon as some gun nut kills a soldier

Who intends to have an armed insurrection?

Those who serve and the Veterans of this country will take up arms against those who would attempt to overthrow this Nation, not be the ones who would make that attempt.

They will never take sides against their own citizens...

They will when one of those citizens kills their best buddy
No. They won't.

One of your best buddies shot and killed 13 of our best buddies and injured 30 at Ft Hood.

I don't recall any of us taking up arms against the citizens and calling for insurrection.

They will never take sides against their own citizens...

They will when one of those citizens kills their best buddy
They will not take orders to oppress American citizens, if the federal government tells them to they will tell the federal government to fuck off.

Failure to follow a lawful order is a court martiable offense

Putting down an armed insurrection is a lawful order
Wrong, Slick.

My moral and legal obligation is to the Constitution of the United States.

Any order that is in violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ will not be followed.

Our allegiance is to the Constitution.

You forget the military is filled with the rank and file of the general population. Far more of them would not attack their fellow citizens than robots who mindlessly follow orders.

We are talking about armed citizens attacking their own country
What makes you think our police and armed forces will not protect us?
Who are these armed citizens?

The rioters?

The looters?

Those you support destroying our cities?

Are you sure you are ready for Marshall Law?

You may not like us much when this occurs. We surely won't like you.

Forum List

Back