The $2 trillion war

You get sick and can't afford treatment....Let em die

Thanks for playing

And the typical liberal argument... the emotional ploy.. the twist

Treatment is much better than life saving emergency care.... you are not going to die if you don't get every sniffle, wart, scrape, or sprain looked at by a physician... and if you want to have that care, TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY AND PAY FOR IT OR PAY FOR THE INSURANCE LEVEL YOU WANT TO TAKE CARE OF IT... it is not anyone else's responsibility, INCLUDING the government

Start a health savings account... pay only for emergency care insurance... whatever... the CHOICE in how you take care of yourself is up to YOU and YOUR responsibility

Healthcare costs are skyrocketing out of control. A routine hospital stay easilly exceeds $100K, insurance is beyond the reach of many americans and does not cover much

Let em die is the best you got

And the cost of something makes it someone else's responsibility HOW?? Gas is skyrocketing out of control, guess we gotta hand that out to the lazy as a necessity as well :rolleyes:..

catastrophic care insurance is not cheap, but not 'out of reach'.. and if you have to.. work 2 jobs, work 3... learn more.. advance... do what you have to do....

Your words are let them die.... and your feeble attempt to make them the words is laughable as always... Again... someone gets stabbed on the street and is in life threatening danger, of course you treat without thinking of the bill up front... but you do try and either bill, use insurance, use charity, or whatever else.. but the responsibility of the upkeep of the self is on the self.. not on neighbor X, government agency Y, or entitlement Z

I'm just guessing, but I'd say about 175,000 fewer than W and Cheney killed.

For Bush's 2008 budget, the VA estimated they would need to treat 200,000 Iraq vets suffering PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)

Bush budgeted money to treat 40,000.

Today, VA estimates 400,000 Iraq Vets need treatment.

:(

The war and occupation were also supposed to pay for themselves. :(

Unless you plunder, war will not pay for itself.. never thought the war would pay for itself.. but the fact that it did not, kinda throws the whole 'war for oil' thing out of the window, now don't it??

For Bush's 2008 budget, the VA estimated they would need to treat 200,000 Iraq vets suffering PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)

Cheney told me confidentially that Iraq oil profits would pay for the war

And some people were naive enough to believe that lie when it was originally told.

Cheney told me confidentially that Iraq oil profits would pay for the war

That voice was not Cheney.. that was Harvey next door, Berkowitz

Defending our MASTERS' corporations right to stripmine the planet is rather expensive, isn't it?

It takes boots on the ground to keep those petrodollars rolling into the accounts in the Cayman islands, ya know?

Cheney was blinded by the U.S. Petro industry's demand for the Iraq invasion to retain their sphere of influence in the Iraq oil fields - over China and Russia.

Bush was blinded by the Christian Zionists' demand to put U.S. boots on the ground around Israel to protect them from the horde of bad guys threatening them.

Two blind chimps .... on a blind mission

Obama could've ended the Iraq war much sooner than he did and actually have withdrawn instead of keeping troops there under the guise of an embassy. It's his war now, folks. Blaming W. isn't going to do the dems any good. Continuing a failed foreigh policy seems to be Obama's specialty.

I see a little hope with his selection for Secretary of Defense, but I'm sure he'll fuck it up.

War and national defense costs money.. and while you may or may not be one who agrees with war X or war Y, the fact is that they are things that the government legitimately spends on.. a justified expense...

And not saying war is 'good', but sometimes they have to happen

Wish we would have cut 2T from other areas of spending though to offset... could have easily cut that much from entitlement spending

So the entitlements that people have been paying into their whole lives should be cut to fund an unnecessary war? No thanks.

So the entitlements that people have been paying into their whole lives should be cut

Yes, unaffordable entitlements that people have been paying into their whole lives should be cut.

Obama could've ended the Iraq war much sooner than he did and actually have withdrawn instead of keeping troops there under the guise of an embassy. It's his war now, folks. Blaming W. isn't going to do the dems any good. Continuing a failed foreigh policy seems to be Obama's specialty.

I see a little hope with his selection for Secretary of Defense, but I'm sure he'll fuck it up.

Find a history book that doesn't pin the Iraq war defeat on Bush and the Republicans.

Other than the one Karl Rove wrote!

:)

War and national defense costs money.. and while you may or may not be one who agrees with war X or war Y, the fact is that they are things that the government legitimately spends on.. a justified expense...

And not saying war is 'good', but sometimes they have to happen

Wish we would have cut 2T from other areas of spending though to offset... could have easily cut that much from entitlement spending

So the entitlements that people have been paying into their whole lives should be cut to fund an unnecessary war? No thanks.

So the entitlements that people have been paying into their whole lives should be cut

Yes, unaffordable entitlements that people have been paying into their whole lives should be cut.

The Defense budget is near $1 trillion anually.

But it's tough to cut the $50 rolls of toilet paper at the O clubs.
And if those shit-brained Generals say they don't need equipment Halliburton subsidiaries are building on no-bid contracts , they should shut the hell up and go play golf.

And if those shit-brained Generals say they don't need equipment Halliburton subsidiaries are building on no-bid contracts , they should shut the hell up and go play golf.

Medicare has a $60 trillion long-term shortfall.
The shortfall for Social Security is at least $10 trillion.
What does that have to do with Defense?

Bush's bill for Iraq is $6 trillion.

What does that have to do with Medicare?

Bush's bill for Iraq is $6 trillion.

What does that have to do with Medicare?

My post was in response to someone asking if entitlements should be cut.

Yes, we must cut entitlements.
$6 trillion is a nice made up number.

Find a history book that doesn't pin the Iraq war defeat on Bush and the Republicans.

Find a newspaper that doesn't tell you Obama is continuing Bush's policies.

There's no difference between Bush and Obama on foreign policy. None.

Don't pretend otherwise. It's futile.

Find a newspaper that doesn't tell you Obama is continuing Bush's policies.

There's no difference between Bush and Obama on foreign policy. None.

Don't pretend otherwise. It's futile.

Bush foreign policy concentrated on invading Iraq and ignored Afghanistan and Pakistan. It also relied on American boots on the ground and two invasion

Obama has concentrated on Afganistan and attacking terrorist cells in Pakistan and Yemen. He has relied on NATO allies to do more of the burden and drone strikes vs armed invasions

Not the same to me

Forum List

Back