The 50 most developed countries in the world and Universal Healthcare.

The Americans who tend to be obese and malnourished live either in poverty or the lower class. Universal Healthcare would go a long way to mending that problem.

Pray tell just how in God's green earth will Universal Helathcare stopp fat people from eating McDonalds??

I will love this one... :popcorn:

Education through discussion with doctors and other healthcare workers along with the provision of alternatives for healthy food through hospitals and other healthcare facilities. Most of the poor health in this country happens among the poor and lower class who have poor access to both low cost quality food and healthcare in the low-income areas in which they live.

What text are you quoting? I mean I know for all the crap you parrot from google you are getting a bunch of complaints of folks having to wait on very simple, but extremely important procedures. MRI’s for excample. A very simple but very expensive procedure. As it is now, I can be sent for an MRI here on demand. If I go to an ER like illegal aloe and do I can for whatever reason have one done on demand. In your communist health care wet dream I could wait up to a month for a very simple non invasive proceadure that is pivotal in saving lives. And your whole agreement about “low incom” people is all flat out lies, even worse, you know it’s a lie yet here you are spreading it with glee. Poor in this country have and have always had free medical care. You can’t make the case that communist health care if you have to lie.

The poor and lower class often have to choose between medication or food in the United States. They often going into enormous debt due to the cost of healthcare in the United States. Those burdens are not suffered by Europeans. Europeans live longer, pay less for healthcare, and everyone receives healthcare. There are no communist countries in Europe. NONE. Communism as a system in Europe has been dead since December 25, 1991. Europeans simply have a better approach to healthcare. This is proven by the fact that they live longer than Americans, pay less per person for healthcare, everyone is provided healthcare. When it comes to healthcare, Europeans win with overall quality as measured by life expectancy, coverage, and cost.

nothing in your post is true. But if you think it is, why aren't you living in one of the European utopias that you love so much?

The rich in Europe and the rest of the countries with socialized medicine come to the USA when they are seriously ill. Do you wonder why?

Yup, most come to UTMB or the medical center up in Houston just like Joe Biden’s son did.

No one in the USA is denied medical care, everyone is "covered". It has always been that way, those of us who pay cover those who can't or won't. It would be the same under socialized medicine, except that those who pay would also have to pay for a massive inefficient government bureaucracy.

If that were the case, there would not be Americans that are forced to decide between paying for their drugs or paying for their food. You wouldn't have poor and lower class Americans racking out massive of amounts of debt or being forced from their homes after paying their medical bills. No one deserves to go through that because they get sick. But with the American system, the poor and lower class suffer terribly when they get sick. It either destroys them financially or they are not able to get the medical care they need. THAT IS WRONG AND IMMORAL AND CERTAINLY NOT CHRISTIAN! Its wrong given that a fraction of the wealth of the top 20% in America(who have 80% of the countries wealth) could help prevent these tragedies for the lower class and poor.

You are confused Moon Bat.

It is not my responsibility to pay your medical bills. It is your responsibility. If you can't pay for it then go be poor someplace else.

What is morally wrong is for the filthy government to steal my money to give to welfare queens and Illegals that are too sorry to provide for their own.

Go pay for your own healthcare. Stop being a greedy asshole and expect somebody else to pay for you. That is despicable. You are not entitled to have somebody else pay for your health care just because you are alive.

The government does not steal the money YOU RECEIVED from the market. Taxation is not theft. Its necessary for the government to raise tax revenue in order to pay for multiple things in order for the MARKET and Society to continue to function. IF you think otherwise, move to Somalia. In Somalia, there is no government to take any of your earnings.

It is not smart policy wise, from an economic standpoint, nor is it moral, to have poor and lower class people unable to afford healthcare. The money that the RICH receive from the MARKET should be use to solve many of the problems of the poor and lower class. After all the RICH did not create the market they were born into. They have just been successful in exploiting that market they were born into and receive more money and benefits from that market. But make no mistake, the MARKET is responsible for their earnings. Had these RICH "talented" and "hard working people" been born in Somalia, they would be living and experiencing a totally different life despite their talent and hard work. That shows you that the critical factor in what they EARN is the MARKET they were born into.

the poor in the USA have always gotten free medical care, no US hospital can refuse service to anyone. Those of us who pay have always covered the cost of those who couldn't or wouldn't. Nothing would change under socialized medicine except that those that pay would pay more for less service.

Well go back to the simple MRI. My ma in law has dementia. She had been complain about feeling sick and her stomach hurting. It was an MRI that revealed a condition with her pancreas that was killing her. Had she had to wait even a week for this she would have been in bad shape, maybe dead. Hell, who knows anyone who has had a stroke? How would a stroke patient do if they had to wait even two days for a simple MRI? If they survived what would the quality of their lives be, and would it be worth it?
If we took a vote, it would be unanimous that it's you who has dementia.

If that were the case, there would not be Americans that are forced to decide between paying for their drugs or paying for their food. You wouldn't have poor and lower class Americans racking out massive of amounts of debt or being forced from their homes after paying their medical bills. No one deserves to go through that because they get sick. But with the American system, the poor and lower class suffer terribly when they get sick. It either destroys them financially or they are not able to get the medical care they need. THAT IS WRONG AND IMMORAL AND CERTAINLY NOT CHRISTIAN! Its wrong given that a fraction of the wealth of the top 20% in America(who have 80% of the countries wealth) could help prevent these tragedies for the lower class and poor.

It is not my responsibility to pay your medical bills. It is your responsibility. If you can't pay for it then go be poor someplace else.

What is morally wrong is for the filthy government to steal my money to give to welfare queens and Illegals that are too sorry to provide for their own.

Go pay for your own healthcare. Stop being a greedy asshole and expect somebody else to pay for you. That is despicable. You are not entitled to have somebody else pay for your health care just because you are alive.

The government does not steal the money YOU RECEIVED from the market. Taxation is not theft. Its necessary for the government to raise tax revenue in order to pay for multiple things in order for the MARKET and Society to continue to function. IF you think otherwise, move to Somalia. In Somalia, there is no government to take any of your earnings.

It is not smart policy wise, from an economic standpoint, nor is it moral, to have poor and lower class people unable to afford healthcare. The money that the RICH receive from the MARKET should be use to solve many of the problems of the poor and lower class. After all the RICH did not create the market they were born into. They have just been successful in exploiting that market they were born into and receive more money and benefits from that market. But make no mistake, the MARKET is responsible for their earnings. Had these RICH "talented" and "hard working people" been born in Somalia, they would be living and experiencing a totally different life despite their talent and hard work. That shows you that the critical factor in what they EARN is the MARKET they were born into.

the poor in the USA have always gotten free medical care, no US hospital can refuse service to anyone. Those of us who pay have always covered the cost of those who couldn't or wouldn't. Nothing would change under socialized medicine except that those that pay would pay more for less service.

Well go back to the simple MRI. My ma in law has dementia. She had been complain about feeling sick and her stomach hurting. It was an MRI that revealed a condition with her pancreas that was killing her. Had she had to wait even a week for this she would have been in bad shape, maybe dead. Hell, who knows anyone who has had a stroke? How would a stroke patient do if they had to wait even two days for a simple MRI? If they survived what would the quality of their lives be, and would it be worth it?

Lame. You need to bone up on your flaming because you bring weak sauce.

But if I wanted, a simple phone call and $40 bucks and I can get an MRI today to get that checked out. $75 bucks and I can get a complete body scan tomorrow.

Pray tell just how in God's green earth will Universal Helathcare stopp fat people from eating McDonalds??

Education through discussion with doctors and other healthcare workers along with the provision of alternatives for healthy food through hospitals and other healthcare facilities. Most of the poor health in this country happens among the poor and lower class who have poor access to both low cost quality food and healthcare in the low-income areas in which they live.

What text are you quoting? I mean I know for all the crap you parrot from google you are getting a bunch of complaints of folks having to wait on very simple, but extremely important procedures. MRI’s for excample. A very simple but very expensive procedure. As it is now, I can be sent for an MRI here on demand. If I go to an ER like illegal aloe and do I can for whatever reason have one done on demand. In your communist health care wet dream I could wait up to a month for a very simple non invasive proceadure that is pivotal in saving lives. And your whole agreement about “low incom” people is all flat out lies, even worse, you know it’s a lie yet here you are spreading it with glee. Poor in this country have and have always had free medical care. You can’t make the case that communist health care if you have to lie.

The poor and lower class often have to choose between medication or food in the United States. They often going into enormous debt due to the cost of healthcare in the United States. Those burdens are not suffered by Europeans. Europeans live longer, pay less for healthcare, and everyone receives healthcare. There are no communist countries in Europe. NONE. Communism as a system in Europe has been dead since December 25, 1991. Europeans simply have a better approach to healthcare. This is proven by the fact that they live longer than Americans, pay less per person for healthcare, everyone is provided healthcare. When it comes to healthcare, Europeans win with overall quality as measured by life expectancy, coverage, and cost.

nothing in your post is true. But if you think it is, why aren't you living in one of the European utopias that you love so much?

or Mayo clinic where 30% of the patients are Canadian.

The rich in Europe and the rest of the countries with socialized medicine come to the USA when they are seriously ill. Do you wonder why?

Yup, most come to UTMB or the medical center up in Houston just like Joe Biden’s son did.

or Mayo clinic where 30% of the patients are Canadian.

But if I wanted, a simple phone call and $40 bucks and I can get an MRI today to get that checked out. $75 bucks and I can get a complete body scan tomorrow.
Go for it and report back if they find anything in your skull.

Go for it and report back if they find anything in your skull.

May do, but if I lived in the mother land I would have to wait a week.

The Americans who tend to be obese and malnourished live either in poverty or the lower class. Universal Healthcare would go a long way to mending that problem.

The poor are also eating worse and are unhealthier. You are trying to be reactive vs. proactive. I am all for providing better nutritional and exercise options to the less wealthy. Stop saying EUROPEANS. Which countries in partcular would you like to compare to the US?

Average life expectancy in the US is 78.69 years and in Germany it is 80.64 years and in France it is 82.67 years. It is not like people are not making it past 60. And again we are by far the fattest country. Be proactive not reactive!!!

In countries with Nationalized Healthcare and there are actually very few, most like Germany actually have a dual system. In other words the rich still get something extra on the side or go to the US when they have a major medical need. The OP is further ignorant because in the US a medical degree costs on average $400k while in other countries it is basically free or much cheaper. The rate of people who want to be doctors will drop exponentially if they cannot make real money in it. Lastly, only one of those countries gives people citizenship if they are simply born there and that is Canada with only 35mil people.

So if the idiot OP really wants this then he has to
Solve the population, $$ of education and of course the lobbyists for private insurers issue. He addressed none of it. Instead he posted useless and inaccurate links.

Sad

The fact is that the top 50 developed countries typically provide all their citizens healthcare, do it at rate that is 2/3s the cost of the United States, and they live longer. The topic is Universal Healthcare where everyone is taken care of regardless of the system used. The overwhelming majority of Europeans, even the rich, stay in Europe for their healthcare.

Population is not the issues since the United States spends more on healthcare PER PERSON than any country in the world. These European countries are only spending an average of 10% of their GDP on healthcare and providing for all their citizens with BETTER results.

The average European country spends less on healthcare per person, covers everyone, and achieves better results on average than seen in the United States.

How many illegals do they have? How many have to spend $400k to garner a medical degree? How come 80% of new drug research and innovation comes from the US? How come we have the highest 5-year cancer survivor rates in the world? How many of those countries spend on their military like we do so that we can protect the smaller ones? How many of those countries allow people simply born there to be automatic citizens? What is the tax rate in those countries —- your % of GDP pt? Your argument is weak and you are either trolling or ignorant.

The so called illegals in the United States benefit the country more than they take from it. Illegals in the United States commit less crime on average than American citizens and tend to work harder and are more productive. They are also willing to work in jobs many American citizens are not willing to do. The country needs far more people to come up from latin America and work here if it wants to achieve and maintain real GDP growth of 3% a year. There are 7.3 million unfilled jobs in the United States currently. There are labor shortages everywhere. Attacking illegal's and deporting them will only HURT economic growth which will hurt the entire country especially the budget issues the country is struggling with.

The cost of becoming a healthcare worker should also be reformed and brought in line with where it is in Europe. Again, the whole healthcare for profit whether it be the education for such work or the work itself, needs to stop. Its bankrupting the country and providing so little benefit while doing so.

I doubt 80% of drug research and innovation comes from the United States. Even if it did, there is way to much waste and profit when it comes to drugs. There is also the damage that the drug industry does to the population as well. The focus must be on the health of the population, not profits for the industry. Those profits have not led to higher life expectancy rates for Americans. Again, America is #34th in the world in life expectancy. All these wonderful drugs have not done jack shit when it comes to the bottom line of health for the country as a whole.

Right now in Europe today, there are far more active ground combat brigades stationed there that not U.S. forces by European forces. Europe has far more combat aircraft, main battle tanks, artillery, and other weapons stationed on the ground across Europe than the United States does. So in terms of who the Russians will be facing immediately after an invasion, most of them will be European weapons and forces. The United States currently only has 3 ground combat brigades stationed in Europe. 1 in Germany, 1 in Poland, and 1 in Italy. Germany's total number of ground combat brigades, 6, is more than double the total number of U.S. ground combat brigades stationed in Europe. That's just Germany. There are 28 other European countries we have yet to look at.

Its true that European countries have higher tax rates as a percentage of GDP than the United States does. They tax their rich and upper middleclass far more than we do. Its good policy. They have far less poverty and healthcare for all. The United States, which has one of the lowest tax rates in the world, can't provide healthcare for all its citizens and has far higher percentages of its citizens living in poverty. You could fix these problems in the United States by raising taxes on the rich and upper middle class. The result being a huge reduction in poverty and healthcare for everyone.
  1. We are not discussing crime. We are discussing resources for healthcare.
  2. At least 80% does. Learn the facts.
  3. We are 34th in life expetancy because we are the fattest country. We have an abundance of bad food. We are trying to be better about it but heart attacks are a killer...and eating McDonalds and Wendy's is not good for you.
  4. We are still the BEST at curing cancer, managing diabetes, fixing broken arms and such. THE BEST.
  5. I don't get your post in bold? What does that mean? US spends by far more than any single European country.
  6. Who is "THEY" you cannot lump Europe into one country. See Brexit. So you want to tax the rich more? Why? Because they are rich? This is the reason many wealthy Europeans establish residences in the US or Monaco to escape the HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE tax burdens in their countries.
So for your plan to work do you agree that you need to:

#1) Raise taxes
#2) Install a free education system otherwise why would a sane person pay $400k to become a doctor only to be paid a lot less due to Nationlized Healthcare?

If you can solve #1 and #2 we can discuss your universal healthcare plan. But you're looking to run before you learn to crawl and walk.

1. Healthcare has a huge impact on life expectancy
2. The benefit of many of these drugs is questionable. It certainly has not led to better life expectancy In the United States. In many cases, drugs are the problem rather than the solution. There is no evidence that in order to have drugs that actually help people that you need an industry that makes absurd profits on those drugs. Historically, the most valuable drugs in history in terms of their benefit to man kind NEVER came out of a system with such massive profits. These drug companies are helping to bankrupt the United States with their prices and are only adding very marginal benefits, certainly not worth the cost to the country as whole.

3. We are 34th in life expectancy because of a wasteful and low quality healthcare we have relative to what we spend for it. Other factors are the poverty and lower class that can't get care, afford it when they do get it, nor do they have access to low cost quality food in the places where they live.

4. If the United States was the best, it would not be 34th in life expectancy. It should be the best given what it spends on healthcare, but its not even close.

5. It shows you that the lump sum numbers of spending don't actually equal what reality is on the ground. If the Russians invade Europe tomorrow, the vast majority of the ground troops they will be facing will NOT be American. That undercuts that idea that the United States is doing all the work currently to defend Europe. The United States does not pay for other countries ground troops, we only pay for our own. The number of U.S. ground combat troops on the ground in Europe today is fraction of the total NATO number.

6. Most Europeans remain in Europe and receive healthcare in Europe.

Yes, of course the United States needs to raise taxes. IKE had a top federal tax rate of 80% while he was President.

The United States government can subsidize the cost of medical school in order to make it affordable for citizens. We can also reduce the cost of medical school to comparable levels in Europe.

The poor are also eating worse and are unhealthier. You are trying to be reactive vs. proactive. I am all for providing better nutritional and exercise options to the less wealthy. Stop saying EUROPEANS. Which countries in partcular would you like to compare to the US?

Average life expectancy in the US is 78.69 years and in Germany it is 80.64 years and in France it is 82.67 years. It is not like people are not making it past 60. And again we are by far the fattest country. Be proactive not reactive!!!

Thay first part about the poor eating worse, 1,000% agree. Thank the foodstamp program for that.

Below are the 50 most developed countries in the world ranked according to the UN Human Development index which measures development and standard of living through estimates of GDP per capita, life expectancy, and education. There are a total of 197 countries in the world today. 193 of those countries are part of the United Nations. 45 out of the 50 most developed countries in the world below provide UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE for its citizens, essentially medicare for all. The following are the five countries from the list below that do not:

01. Cyprus
02. United Arab Emirates
03. Qatar
04. Bahrain
05. United States

Cyprus is currently In the process of moving to a Universal Healthcare system which will be completed in a few years. That will leave the United States alone with three Arab countries as being the only countries, of the 50 most developed in the world, that do not have Universal HealthCare.

Why does the United States, the wealthiest country in the world and the 3rd wealthiest per captia country, still not provide Universal Healthcare for its citizens? How could anyone say that Universal HealthCare is impossible or too expensive for the United States when nearly all of the 50 most developed countries in the world provide it for its citizens?

50 MOST DEVELOPED COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD RANKED:

01 - Norway
02 - Switzerland
03 - Australia
04 - Ireland
05 - Germany
06 - Iceland
07 - San Marino
08 - Sweden
09 - Singapore
10 - Netherlands
11 - Denmark
12 Canada
13 - United States
14 - United Kingdom
15 - Monaco
16 - Vatican City
17 - Finland
18 - New Zealand
19 - Belgium
20 - Liechtenstein
21 - Japan
22 - Austria
23 - Luxembourg
24 - Israel
25 - Taiwan
26 - South Korea
27 - France
28 - Slovenia
29 - Spain
30 - Czech Republic
31 - Italy
32 - Malta
33 - Estonia
34 - Greece
35 - Cyprus
36 - Poland
37 - United Arab Emirates
38 - Andorra
39 - Lithuania
40 - Qatar
41 - Slovakia
42 - Brunei
43 - Saudi Arabia
44 - Latvia
45 - Portugal
46 - Bahrain
47 - Chile
48 - Hungary
49 - Croatia
50 - Argentina

And yet they all cling to the US for military protection and foreign aid.

Go figure.

In countries with Nationalized Healthcare and there are actually very few, most like Germany actually have a dual system. In other words the rich still get something extra on the side or go to the US when they have a major medical need. The OP is further ignorant because in the US a medical degree costs on average $400k while in other countries it is basically free or much cheaper. The rate of people who want to be doctors will drop exponentially if they cannot make real money in it. Lastly, only one of those countries gives people citizenship if they are simply born there and that is Canada with only 35mil people.

Solve the population, $$ of education and of course the lobbyists for private insurers issue. He addressed none of it. Instead he posted useless and inaccurate links.

Sad

The fact is that the top 50 developed countries typically provide all their citizens healthcare, do it at rate that is 2/3s the cost of the United States, and they live longer. The topic is Universal Healthcare where everyone is taken care of regardless of the system used. The overwhelming majority of Europeans, even the rich, stay in Europe for their healthcare.

Population is not the issues since the United States spends more on healthcare PER PERSON than any country in the world. These European countries are only spending an average of 10% of their GDP on healthcare and providing for all their citizens with BETTER results.

The average European country spends less on healthcare per person, covers everyone, and achieves better results on average than seen in the United States.

How many illegals do they have? How many have to spend $400k to garner a medical degree? How come 80% of new drug research and innovation comes from the US? How come we have the highest 5-year cancer survivor rates in the world? How many of those countries spend on their military like we do so that we can protect the smaller ones? How many of those countries allow people simply born there to be automatic citizens? What is the tax rate in those countries —- your % of GDP pt? Your argument is weak and you are either trolling or ignorant.

The so called illegals in the United States benefit the country more than they take from it. Illegals in the United States commit less crime on average than American citizens and tend to work harder and are more productive. They are also willing to work in jobs many American citizens are not willing to do. The country needs far more people to come up from latin America and work here if it wants to achieve and maintain real GDP growth of 3% a year. There are 7.3 million unfilled jobs in the United States currently. There are labor shortages everywhere. Attacking illegal's and deporting them will only HURT economic growth which will hurt the entire country especially the budget issues the country is struggling with.

The cost of becoming a healthcare worker should also be reformed and brought in line with where it is in Europe. Again, the whole healthcare for profit whether it be the education for such work or the work itself, needs to stop. Its bankrupting the country and providing so little benefit while doing so.

I doubt 80% of drug research and innovation comes from the United States. Even if it did, there is way to much waste and profit when it comes to drugs. There is also the damage that the drug industry does to the population as well. The focus must be on the health of the population, not profits for the industry. Those profits have not led to higher life expectancy rates for Americans. Again, America is #34th in the world in life expectancy. All these wonderful drugs have not done jack shit when it comes to the bottom line of health for the country as a whole.

Right now in Europe today, there are far more active ground combat brigades stationed there that not U.S. forces by European forces. Europe has far more combat aircraft, main battle tanks, artillery, and other weapons stationed on the ground across Europe than the United States does. So in terms of who the Russians will be facing immediately after an invasion, most of them will be European weapons and forces. The United States currently only has 3 ground combat brigades stationed in Europe. 1 in Germany, 1 in Poland, and 1 in Italy. Germany's total number of ground combat brigades, 6, is more than double the total number of U.S. ground combat brigades stationed in Europe. That's just Germany. There are 28 other European countries we have yet to look at.

Its true that European countries have higher tax rates as a percentage of GDP than the United States does. They tax their rich and upper middleclass far more than we do. Its good policy. They have far less poverty and healthcare for all. The United States, which has one of the lowest tax rates in the world, can't provide healthcare for all its citizens and has far higher percentages of its citizens living in poverty. You could fix these problems in the United States by raising taxes on the rich and upper middle class. The result being a huge reduction in poverty and healthcare for everyone.
  3. We are 34th in life expetancy because we are the fattest country. We have an abundance of bad food. We are trying to be better about it but heart attacks are a killer...and eating McDonalds and Wendy's is not good for you.
  4. We are still the BEST at curing cancer, managing diabetes, fixing broken arms and such. THE BEST.
  5. I don't get your post in bold? What does that mean? US spends by far more than any single European country.
  6. Who is "THEY" you cannot lump Europe into one country. See Brexit. So you want to tax the rich more? Why? Because they are rich? This is the reason many wealthy Europeans establish residences in the US or Monaco to escape the HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE tax burdens in their countries.

#1) Raise taxes
#2) Install a free education system otherwise why would a sane person pay $400k to become a doctor only to be paid a lot less due to Nationlized Healthcare?

If you can solve #1 and #2 we can discuss your universal healthcare plan. But you're looking to run before you learn to crawl and walk.

2. The benefit of many of these drugs is questionable. It certainly has not led to better life expectancy In the United States. In many cases, drugs are the problem rather than the solution. There is no evidence that in order to have drugs that actually help people that you need an industry that makes absurd profits on those drugs. Historically, the most valuable drugs in history in terms of their benefit to man kind NEVER came out of a system with such massive profits. These drug companies are helping to bankrupt the United States with their prices and are only adding very marginal benefits, certainly not worth the cost to the country as whole.

3. We are 34th in life expectancy because of a wasteful and low quality healthcare we have relative to what we spend for it. Other factors are the poverty and lower class that can't get care, afford it when they do get it, nor do they have access to low cost quality food in the places where they live.

4. If the United States was the best, it would not be 34th in life expectancy. It should be the best given what it spends on healthcare, but its not even close.

5. It shows you that the lump sum numbers of spending don't actually equal what reality is on the ground. If the Russians invade Europe tomorrow, the vast majority of the ground troops they will be facing will NOT be American. That undercuts that idea that the United States is doing all the work currently to defend Europe. The United States does not pay for other countries ground troops, we only pay for our own. The number of U.S. ground combat troops on the ground in Europe today is fraction of the total NATO number.

Yes, of course the United States needs to raise taxes. IKE had a top federal tax rate of 80% while he was President.

The United States government can subsidize the cost of medical school in order to make it affordable for citizens. We can also reduce the cost of medical school to comparable levels in Europe.

#1 can’t get a very simple test at the onset of symptoms.

Pretty much nulls all the rest.

Below are the 50 most developed countries in the world ranked according to the UN Human Development index which measures development and standard of living through estimates of GDP per capita, life expectancy, and education. There are a total of 197 countries in the world today. 193 of those countries are part of the United Nations. 45 out of the 50 most developed countries in the world below provide UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE for its citizens, essentially medicare for all. The following are the five countries from the list below that do not:

01. Cyprus
02. United Arab Emirates
03. Qatar
04. Bahrain
05. United States

Cyprus is currently In the process of moving to a Universal Healthcare system which will be completed in a few years. That will leave the United States alone with three Arab countries as being the only countries, of the 50 most developed in the world, that do not have Universal HealthCare.

Why does the United States, the wealthiest country in the world and the 3rd wealthiest per captia country, still not provide Universal Healthcare for its citizens? How could anyone say that Universal HealthCare is impossible or too expensive for the United States when nearly all of the 50 most developed countries in the world provide it for its citizens?

01 - Norway
02 - Switzerland
03 - Australia
04 - Ireland
05 - Germany
06 - Iceland
07 - San Marino
08 - Sweden
09 - Singapore
10 - Netherlands
11 - Denmark
12 Canada
13 - United States
14 - United Kingdom
15 - Monaco
16 - Vatican City
17 - Finland
18 - New Zealand
19 - Belgium
20 - Liechtenstein
21 - Japan
22 - Austria
23 - Luxembourg
24 - Israel
25 - Taiwan
26 - South Korea
27 - France
28 - Slovenia
29 - Spain
30 - Czech Republic
31 - Italy
32 - Malta
33 - Estonia
34 - Greece
35 - Cyprus
36 - Poland
38 - Andorra
39 - Lithuania
40 - Qatar
41 - Slovakia
42 - Brunei
43 - Saudi Arabia
44 - Latvia
45 - Portugal
46 - Bahrain
47 - Chile
48 - Hungary
49 - Croatia
50 - Argentina

Go figure.

And rich Europeans come up here from Argentina when they get cancer.

Sad

#1) Raise taxes

1) Average age is 79 when people kick the bucket. Not 50. Stop.
2) You are reactive not proactive. Better diet and exercise leads to longer life not healthcare.
3) 34th at 79....come on man. Germany is 80. 1 year delta. Stop it and again we are fatter.
4) Proactive not reactive
5) Military is a detterent the next war will not be fought with invading men but bombs. A lot of spend is on intelligence and cyber. We spend more on military than any Euro nation.
6) Yes. And most have free education.

So you agree we need to raise taxes and provide free education before tackling nationalized healthcare. Stop being stubborn and agree that I am right. Pretty simple. Even for you.

When dealing with average life expectancy, a gap of a year, or two years is actually a lot. Its not acceptable for the United States to be 34th in the world when it comes to life expectancy despite spending more on healthcare than anyone. You can lump Europe together because generally or on average, they have better life expectancy, lower cost medical care and everyone is provided for. The rare exceptions would be in the Balkans where countries like Serbia and Bulgaria don't have Universal Healthcare.

When dealing with average life expectancy, a gap of a year, or two years is actually a lot. Its not acceptable for the United States to be 34th in the world when it comes to life expectancy despite spending more on healthcare than anyone. You can lump Europe together because generally or on average, they have better life expectancy, lower cost medical care and everyone is provided for. The rare exceptions would be in the Balkans where countries like Serbia and Bulgaria don't have Universal Healthcare.

Why do you keep ignoring the fact that the US is the fattest country? Doesn't fit your narrative?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...-in-the-world-just-ahead-of-mexico-2017-05-19
The US is still the fattest country in the world research confirms | Daily Mail Online

This is why we don't live as long. And 1 year is not a huge deal when you're fatter. Stop it!

Again, can’t get a simple diagnostic test that is pivotal to saving lives done in a timely manner. Makes all your other points moot. You won’t even address it because it’s not coffee in the talking points you keep tossing out.

01. Cyprus
02. United Arab Emirates
03. Qatar
04. Bahrain
05. United States

01 - Norway
02 - Switzerland
03 - Australia
04 - Ireland
05 - Germany
06 - Iceland
07 - San Marino
08 - Sweden
09 - Singapore
10 - Netherlands
11 - Denmark
12 Canada
13 - United States
14 - United Kingdom
15 - Monaco
16 - Vatican City
17 - Finland
18 - New Zealand
19 - Belgium
20 - Liechtenstein
21 - Japan
22 - Austria
23 - Luxembourg
24 - Israel
25 - Taiwan
26 - South Korea
27 - France
28 - Slovenia
29 - Spain
30 - Czech Republic
31 - Italy
32 - Malta
33 - Estonia
34 - Greece
35 - Cyprus
36 - Poland
38 - Andorra
39 - Lithuania
40 - Qatar
41 - Slovakia
42 - Brunei
43 - Saudi Arabia
44 - Latvia
45 - Portugal
46 - Bahrain
47 - Chile
48 - Hungary
49 - Croatia
50 - Argentina

Go figure.

Well Nazis need decent medical care too.

01. Cyprus
02. United Arab Emirates
03. Qatar
04. Bahrain
05. United States

01 - Norway
02 - Switzerland
03 - Australia
04 - Ireland
05 - Germany
06 - Iceland
07 - San Marino
08 - Sweden
09 - Singapore
10 - Netherlands
11 - Denmark
12 Canada
13 - United States
14 - United Kingdom
15 - Monaco
16 - Vatican City
17 - Finland
18 - New Zealand
19 - Belgium
20 - Liechtenstein
21 - Japan
22 - Austria
23 - Luxembourg
24 - Israel
25 - Taiwan
26 - South Korea
27 - France
28 - Slovenia
29 - Spain
30 - Czech Republic
31 - Italy
32 - Malta
33 - Estonia
34 - Greece
35 - Cyprus
36 - Poland
38 - Andorra
39 - Lithuania
40 - Qatar
41 - Slovakia
42 - Brunei
43 - Saudi Arabia
44 - Latvia
45 - Portugal
46 - Bahrain
47 - Chile
48 - Hungary
49 - Croatia
50 - Argentina

Go figure.

Well Nazis need decent medical care too.

They sure as hell wouldn’t wait two weeks for an MRI.

Forum List

Back