The actual Trump indictment in NY text

And I guess time will tell if that was the case.

I know you have already made up your mind.

I am looking forward to the next few months and seeing how it all turns out.

I am skeptical of any charges sticking, but as I said, time will tell.
You have already made up your mind.

I am indeed more than skeptical about this prosecution.

Now that I’ve seen the indictment, I believe more than ever that this is a very thin case. It is politicized nonsense.

You can't not tell a defendent what he or she is being charged with.

That turns the entire framework of Legal justice on its head.

By not tellign the defendant wha the's being charged with, the prosecutor is clearly stalling until one of the other cases ''finds a crime'' that he might think he can work with.
Trump and his lawyers know exactly what he's being charged with.

People like you (trained rightwing seals), keep commenting uon a pres conference, mistaking it for the court filing.

Ok whatever. I tuned out of the GET TRUMP nonsense after the 2 1/2 year long Russian Collusion Fantasy went up in smoke.
That was not an indictment. That was an investigation -- like what Bragg did here.

Bragg's investigation has ended with a criminal indictment, based on evidence.

He is technically and legally correct. NY State law doesn’t require that an indictment set forth the “other” crime or crimes. That isn’t an element that has to be independently proved.

Sort of. But not always. For instance, if an indictment charges a crime of burglary in NY. That means that a person illegally enters or remains in a building (say a home) “with the intent to commit a crime therein.” But the prosecution doesn’t have to specify what that intended crime might be. It could be theft. It could be rape. It could be assault. Whatever.

The prosecutor has to somehow prove that the defendant had such an intent but doesn’t have to prove that beyond a reasonable doubt.

But burglary in the third degree is itself a crime. So the crime is knowingly entering or remaining unlawfully. Such has always been a crime since the common law.

§ 140.20 Burglary in the third degree.

A person is guilty of burglary in the third degree when he knowingly
enters or remains unlawfully in a building with intent to commit a crime
therein.​

Bragg doesn’t even list the crime Trump was allegedly trying to cover up, as required..

It should be thrown out .
Bragg? The court notified Trump and his lawyers. You watched a news conference. The alleged crimes are before the court. All parties know exactly what the charges are

:laughing0301:

But there needs to be a complainant who brought this to their attention. ANd such complainant must have suffered some loss.
Not really. The legal theory is that we are all injured by anyone who falsifies a business record. So the People are the alleged “victims.”

End of the day the donut did not in any way indicate the crime that is supposed to be what gives said donut the ability to turn this into 34 felonies.

A defendant has a right to prepare his or her case. Period.

And you can't do it when you don't even know what you're being charged with.

It turns an Individual's right to due process on it's head.

Not really. The legal theory is that we are all injured by anyone who falsifies a business record. So the People are the alleged “victims.”

I would like to see such a case involving a business where no one was injured and they alleged a business was injured.

End of the day the donut did not in any way indicate the crime that is supposed to be what gives said donut the ability to turn this into 34 felonies.

A defendantt has a right to prepare his or her case. Period.

And you can't do it when you don't even know what you're being charged with.
Trump and his lawyers know exactly what he's being charged with. They've been notified by the court

It would certainly fail in any honest courtroom. This is an indictment. It is supposed to identify the crime.

I see Bragg now explaining the lack of charges. It's his extrajudicial opening statement. What claptrap.
Well, not to worry. If your fuhrer does get convicted and sent away, the DA will make sure he gets an "honest" cell. :itsok:

Falsifying business records is not a crime?

It's not but as much as I hate to admit it, this is probably the weakest form of criminal jeopardy he's facing, at least relative to the other investigations in Georgia and DC, which involve more serious alleged conduct/charges and probably a lot stronger evidence.

From what I am gathering so far it seems like a mountain constructed out of technicalities, and I'm wondering if a juror or two or three would just say fuck this shit.

Again, the indictment alleges a specific violation of a specific statute and it doesn't match the charges.

§ 175.10 Falsifying business records in the first degree.

A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree
when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second
degree
...​

Forum List

Back