The American Society of Apathetics

Grumblenuts

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2017
This is a concept that should appeal to many here. Membership is obviously free and simple. You don't have any rights because of the society's dedication to no exertions, whatsoever, except to recite the solemn oath of the apathetic to yourself. And here's the oath. The minute you say it, you’re a member:

“As a member of the American Society of Apathetics, I solemnly swear and declare that I will endure any injustice, accept any abuse, absorb any disrespect, suffer any deprivation, concede any exclusion, inhale any toxics, and avoid any public responsibilities in order to defend my inalienable right to apathy, so help me, my descendants, and my country.”

And there you go.
--------------------
Alternatively, if that doesn't appeal to you and exerting a bit more effort doesn't daunt you, perhaps consider joining the Congress Club:

Direct YouTube link
Transcript link (pdf file)
Thoughts? Who here comes to mind as candidates for either the Society or the Club?

How about if I just don't give a fuck about anyone but me? That's not totally "apathetic", because I do look out for my own self-interests.

I even brought my theme song with me. :04:

Apathy is bad, maybe the worst thing there is, but at least there is the possibility for happiness. Look at us, pissed off all the time, is that somehow better? I don't know.

I'm so apathetic I almost didn't respond to this thread.

give-a-fuck-fuck.gif

Apathy is bad, maybe the worst thing there is, but at least there is the possibility for happiness. Look at us, pissed off all the time, is that somehow better? I don't know.

Anger is a gift. Zack de la Rocha told me so.

How about if I just don't give a fuck about anyone but me? That's not totally "apathetic", because I do look out for my own self-interests.

I even brought my theme song with me. :04:

Well do yourself a favor and don't listen to that shit band anymore haha

Anger is a gift. Zack de la Rocha told me so.

I like RATM. I listen often but I can't maintain that kind of anger at the shape of the world. My younger brother dropped dead of a heart attack two years ago. He was a huge fan of talk radio and lived fully immersed in Trump world. He died not having a friend in the world because he bitched all the time. Not going to be like that. None of us knows how much time we have left. Not going to leave this life feeling like I got robbed.

I like RATM. I listen often but I can't maintain that kind of anger at the shape of the world. My younger brother dropped dead of a heart attack two years ago. He was a huge fan of talk radio and lived fully immersed in Trump world. He died not having a friend in the world because he bitched all the time. Not going to be like that. None of us knows how much time we have left. Not going to leave this life feeling like I got robbed.
If you have one or two friends at the end of your life you are lucky. All those others are just acquaintances that you kinda had to spend time with at work and such, but fade away when situations no longer require you to be in the same place at the same time.

If you have one or two friends at the end of your life you are lucky. All those others are just acquaintances that you kinda had to spend time with at work and such, but fade away when situations no longer require you to be in the same place at the same time.
I'm the guy you can call for anything. I'll fix your roof in the rain or build your granny a ramp for nothing or get the snake out of your house. I love my friends, they are the family you choose for yourself.

If you are really pissed off all the time instead of just making fun of crazies, you need to throw that computer away and get a new hobby.

If you are really pissed off all the time instead of just making fun of crazies, you need to throw that computer away and get a new hobby.
I might be the only poster here that does this as a means to better understand people at their worst.

Forum List

Back