The average American is too stupid to weigh policy

Americans don’t need much convincing. All that matters generally is their own quality of life. When it comes to a candidate, they just need the following questions answered:

1) Will my taxes go up?

2) Will more jobs be created?

3) How much personal freedom will I still have? Can I still light fireworks in the bed of my cousin Bert’s pickup truck?

Now these questions are good questions. Don’t get me wrong. It is of course important to look at one’s own quality of life when making a decision on voting. The problem is that Americans put these questions at the top of the list. They ignore the bigger picture or have no compassion for anyone else. Not very many people care that so many migrants are dying illegally crossing the border or, legally, SEEKING ASYUM. They don’t care that child poverty is so high. They don’t care that our infrastructure system is crumbling. They don’t care that the Earth is rotting. They should care about all of these things because it will affect everyone. Those are issues that will affect the quality of life of EVERYONE. They don’t care because those issues are the big picture and are years down the road and therefore take a backseat.
Look ma!! Political rhetoric. Now who would have thought to find that here on a political message board? :dunno:

:rofl:

Americans don’t need much convincing. All that matters generally is their own quality of life. When it comes to a candidate, they just need the following questions answered:

1) Will my taxes go up?

3) How much personal freedom will I still have? Can I still light fireworks in the bed of my cousin Bert’s pickup truck?

Now these questions are good questions. Don’t get me wrong. It is of course important to look at one’s own quality of life when making a decision on voting. The problem is that Americans put these questions at the top of the list. They ignore the bigger picture or have no compassion for anyone else. Not very many people care that so many migrants are dying illegally crossing the border or, legally, SEEKING ASYUM. They don’t care that child poverty is so high. They don’t care that our infrastructure system is crumbling. They don’t care that the Earth is rotting. They should care about all of these things because it will affect everyone. Those are issues that will affect the quality of life of EVERYONE. They don’t care because those issues are the big picture and are years down the road and therefore take a backseat.

They are at the top of the list..

1. Will my taxes go up?

2. Where are the jobs?

3. Don't cut the military

4. The government leaves me the fuck alone.

That's it, that's all their is.

I'd probably take number 3 off that list. We need a military that can defend our shore and our trade routes... we don't need 1.3 million US troops overseas keeping other people's regimes running.

The world can take care of itself ... or not.

1) Will my taxes go up?

Look ma!! Political rhetoric. Now who would have thought to find that here on a political message board? :dunno:

Hyper-partisan rant isn't technically political. Politics is the art of give-and-take (mostly take).

1) Will my taxes go up?

They are at the top of the list..

1. Will my taxes go up?

2. Where are the jobs?

3. Don't cut the military

4. The government leaves me the fuck alone.

That's it, that's all their is.

I'd probably take number 3 off that list. We need a military that can defend our shore and our trade routes... we don't need 1.3 million US troops overseas keeping other people's regimes running.

The world can take care of itself ... or not.

Yeah I know I support Tulsi but that and a few other things I disagree with her and you on.

Weighing a policy is easy ...

... should I have fries with that ... or not? Maybe not.

imgbin-measuring-scales-losing-weight-da34Xkbm3rxKYYMxmYKEJUawR.jpg

Them feet are mighty fat for being so light. :eek:

1) Will my taxes go up?

Hyper-partisan rant isn't technically political. Politics is the art of give-and-take (mostly take).
Given the makeup of politics today, coulda fooled me...... :eusa_whistle:

1) Will my taxes go up?

So? I mean assuming what you say is true, and we Americans are so selfish, where are the planes full of Europeans flooding into Mexico to alleviate the problem? The UK sends its aid to Asia and Africa. Mostly the same with the EU which has given Mexico a whopping $2M this year. As for my cousin Bert's pick up truck, it is too full of beer cans from that Belgian owned brewery to stand in to set off fireworks.

1) Will my taxes go up?

If you think the "average American" is incapable of judging policy, you haven't been listening to your CONGRESS lately... There's NO superhuman effort they can't tackle... But they DO NOTHING.. Because a very large majority of THEM are the biggest most ARROGANT and incompetent mental midgets in this here YOUNITED States....

:aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :auiqs.jpg:

The OP just has too hope and respect for a government that is rapidly going outside it's ability to design and field policy... There needs to be some HUMILITY about what issues our Federal Govt is chartered and CAPABLE of handling... They sure can't handle much.. And they screw up more than they fix...

1) Will my taxes go up?

If you think the "average American" is incapable of judging policy, you haven't been listening to your CONGRESS lately... There's NO superhuman effort they can't tackle... But they DO NOTHING.. Because a very large majority of THEM are the biggest most ARROGANT and incompetent mental midgets in this here YOUNITED States....

You’re misunderstanding Congress. All of them of are smart (but the average democrat is still smarter than the average republican). They just choose corporate interests thus meaning their own and CHOOSE to be useless.

The OP just has too hope and respect for a government that is rapidly going outside it's ability to design and field policy... There needs to be some HUMILITY about what issues our Federal Govt is chartered and CAPABLE of handling... They sure can't handle much.. And they screw up more than they fix...
I think Congress is a joke on both sides of the aisle. I think republicans are much worse though. Democrats are lost and confused about a clear message but the GOP message is quite clear: they ONLY care about corporate interests. Democrats are guilty of this as well, but they still push policies that make sense and benefit the middle class and poor. History reflects this. They just aren’t unified and in agreement

I think Congress is a joke on both sides of the aisle. I think republicans are much worse though. Democrats are lost and confused about a clear message but the GOP message is quite clear: they ONLY care about corporate interests. Democrats are guilty of this as well, but they still push policies that make sense and benefit the middle class and poor. History reflects this.

I never will get why liberal posters never mention state and local?

A huge difference in the party's.

1) Will my taxes go up?

You’re misunderstanding Congress. All of them of are smart (but the average democrat is still smarter than the average republican). They just choose corporate interests thus meaning their own and CHOOSE to be useless.

I hope that was sarcasm... It's hard to tell if you have a Congressional superhero fantasy that laps up that debate shit I had to watch last 2 nights...

I think Congress is a joke on both sides of the aisle. I think republicans are much worse though. Democrats are lost and confused about a clear message but the GOP message is quite clear: they ONLY care about corporate interests. Democrats are guilty of this as well, but they still push policies that make sense and benefit the middle class and poor. History reflects this. They just aren’t unified and in agreement

Whew... That's a LOT better than your last response.. But you're deluded if you think Dems are tough on corporate/govt collusion... NEITHER party will ever address that.. Because they both make exceptions and play favorites with corporations. They just LIKE different ones...

For instance, VERY LARGE reason that GE, Amazon pay no taxes is the GINORMOUS "energy efficient" or wind/solar tax credits... That's HUGE... YOU want to get rid of them??? You're paying GE BILLIONS to make dishwashers/laundry/trains/windmills that they WOULD MAKE ANYWAYS.....

So don't give me this "it's a Repub thing" when it comes to govt/corporate collusion.. The Congress morons extend the power into markets they should NOT be playing --- and the campaign donations just fly right into their wallets...

Only the Libertarian Party has the resolve and PRIORITY to END this handout/contribution cycle....

1) Will my taxes go up?

I hope that was sarcasm... It's hard to tell if you have a Congressional superhero fantasy that laps up that debate shit I had to watch last 2 nights...
See you’re just making shit up. Nothing I said should make you suggest I have a congressional superhero fantasy.

1) Will my taxes go up?

See you’re just making shit up. Nothing I said should make you suggest I have a congressional superhero fantasy.

Your entire OP suggest that... That Americans ignore public policy debates because THEY (particularly pick-up truck owners) are stupid... No they IGNORE public policy suggestions because too often they are made by certified morons....

You can't weasel out of expecting too much from public law/policy idiots that are PROPOSING assinine things. Like at the debates where we just witnessed the entire Dem party gulping for air.... American people are not that stupid...

1) Will my taxes go up?

Your entire OP suggest that... That Americans ignore public policy debates because THEY (particularly pick-up truck owners) are stupid... No they IGNORE public policy suggestions because too often they are made by certified morons....

You can't weasel out of expecting too much from public law/policy idiots that are PROPOSING assinine things. Like at the debates where we just witnessed the entire Dem party gulping for air.... American people are not that stupid...
You have got to be shitting me. You are actually suggesting the average American is smarter than anyone running for office. That is such bullshit. Many of those people are lawyers. Many of them are highly educated. What actually matters about their leadership are their intentions. The question is about whose interests do they have in mind.

Whew... That's a LOT better than your last response.. But you're deluded if you think Dems are tough on corporate/govt collusion... NEITHER party will ever address that.. Because they both make exceptions and play favorites with corporations. They just LIKE different ones...

For instance, VERY LARGE reason that GE, Amazon pay no taxes is the GINORMOUS "energy efficient" or wind/solar tax credits... That's HUGE... YOU want to get rid of them??? You're paying GE BILLIONS to make dishwashers/laundry/trains/windmills that they WOULD MAKE ANYWAYS.....

So don't give me this "it's a Repub thing" when it comes to govt/corporate collusion.. The Congress morons extend the power into markets they should NOT be playing --- and the campaign donations just fly right into their wallets...

Only the Libertarian Party has the resolve and PRIORITY to END this handout/contribution cycle....
Don’t fucking pretend that the tax code that benefits those mega corporations were designed by democrats because they weren’t. Sure they did nothing to reverse those policies, but the alternative they actually went with was creating policies that benefited the poor and middle class. Republicans don’t even TRY to do that.

Forum List

Back