The Battle Of Athens

S.J.

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2012
So. Cal.
The gun grabbing, anti second amendment liberals are gonna hate this one, but "oh well".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ut6yPrObw&feature=player_embedded]The Battle of Athens: Restoring the Rule of Law - YouTube[/ame]

The story illustrates why we have the second amendment. Liberals have this misguided notion that it was put there for hunters. They have no clue.

It is a good piece of history, as well as an eye opener for the blind.
I posted this a couple of months ago. Good post

The government will always have bigger guns, better guns and will be better with them.

The British had bigger and better guns, and supplies, and lots of civilian loyalist support. They still lost.

The Afgan insurgents are poorly armed, the US has not yet conquered them, or subjugated their population.

Unless these big guns includes the US government nuking us, this argument is pretty bad. If they do nuke us, they'll have nothing left to govern anyway.

The government will always have bigger guns, better guns and will be better with them.

The British had bigger and better guns, and supplies, and lots of civilian loyalist support. They still lost.

The British lost because France intervened on our side. Not even a valid comparison.

[
The Afgan insurgents are poorly armed, the US has not yet conquered them, or subjugated their population.

Nor was that really our goal. Our goal was to help "our" side win. The problem is, much like Vietnam, we just picked the wrong side. (Not that there's a right side.)

Unless these big guns includes the US government nuking us, this argument is pretty bad. If they do nuke us, they'll have nothing left to govern anyway.

Can you name a time when someone took up arms against the US Government and won?

From the Whiskey Rebellion to the Civil War to Waco... guess what. Government always wins.

Should have called in the Federal Government

Can you name a time when someone took up arms against the US Government and won?

From the Whiskey Rebellion to the Civil War to Waco... guess what. Government always wins.

????

The Federal Government has NOT EVER become so tyrannical as to justify its violent overthrow, not once in its entire history. If it did, people from EVERY state, not just half, would take up arms and cause the economy to crash within weeks. That would be the end.

Civil War was North vs South. It was not "neighbor vs neighbor." I can assure you that in a situation of "neighbor vs neighbor" Civil War, the federal government would collapse. Also, let's be glad the federal government WON the Civil War.

As for Waco? Why would anyone care about a bunch of child molesters. The Federal Government was simply doing its job (with the exception of seizing firearms).

Whiskey Rebellion: A bunch of men didn't want to pay taxes, meanwhile the Constitution allows this tax and they were represented by Congress.

The reason these rebellions don't work because THEY ARE NOT JUSTIFIED.

However, there is a rebellion that did succeed against the State Political Machine of Tennessee, it's called... The Battle of Athens, WHY? Because it was justified.

And when they take out gun nutters, most of their neighbors will be cheering.

Who is "the government"?

The politicians? Are the politicians going to control over 300 million guns?

The military? Do you honestly believe that more than a handful of U.S. military personnel are going to use deadly force against law-abiding U.S. citizens who are exercising their 2nd amendment rights to own firearms?

Local law enforcement? Are the local police going to shoot men, women, and children in their communities to enforce laws that are unconstitutional?

ALL of my "neighbors" own guns and know how to use them. I recommend that people like you stay out of my neighborhood.

Who is "the government"?

We the people

The politicians? Are the politicians going to control over 300 million guns?

They don't have to, if you are caught with an illegal weapon you are arrested

The military? Do you honestly believe that more than a handful of U.S. military personnel are going to use deadly force against law-abiding U.S. citizens who are exercising their 2nd amendment rights to own firearms?

The military will fire on anyone who has fired on them. Once the "from my cold dead fingers" crowd kills a soldier...all bets are off

Local law enforcement? Are the local police going to shoot men, women, and children in their communities to enforce laws that are unconstitutional?

If found with an illegal weapon, you will be arrested. If you fire at police, they will fire back with vengance

ALL of my "neighbors" own guns and know how to use them. I recommend that people like you stay out of my neighborhood.

Your neighbors will turn you in once your dog shits on their lawn

see above

????

The Federal Government has NOT EVER become so tyrannical as to justify its violent overthrow, not once in its entire history. If it did, people from EVERY state, not just half, would take up arms and cause the economy to crash within weeks. That would be the end.

Civil War was North vs South. It was not "neighbor vs neighbor." I can assure you that in a situation of "neighbor vs neighbor" Civil War, the federal government would collapse. Also, let's be glad the federal government WON the Civil War.

As for Waco? Why would anyone care about a bunch of child molesters. The Federal Government was simply doing its job (with the exception of seizing firearms).

Whiskey Rebellion: A bunch of men didn't want to pay taxes, meanwhile the Constitution allows this tax and they were represented by Congress.

However, there is a rebellion that did succeed against the State Political Machine of Tennessee, it's called... The Battle of Athens, WHY? Because it was justified.

Oh, some made up film?

Yeah, okay. Whatever, dude.

Fact is, there is NEVER going to be a scenario where most of your neighbors will consider taking up arms against the government to be a good idea. You will ALWAYS be that crank with a gun.

Don't bet on that!

I'd bet money on that every time.

Oh, you guys whine and snivel every time liberals get into office, but at the end of the day, you can't get off your fat ass to do anything about it.

????

So taking up arms against a local government is justified?

????

Against a corrupt government, yes. That's what the second amendment was put there for, dumbass.

????

Against a corrupt government, yes. That's what the second amendment was put there for, dumbass.

That is what the FEDERAL government was put there for, dumbass

Oh, some made up film?

Yeah, okay. Whatever, dude.

Fact is, there is NEVER going to be a scenario where most of your neighbors will consider taking up arms against the government to be a good idea. You will ALWAYS be that crank with a gun.

Wait, did you just say the Battle of Athens, Tennessee, 1946 is made up?

Battle of Athens (1946) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Battle of Athens

The Battle Of Athens | American History Lives at American Heritage

TSLA::?Disasters in Tennessee"

I seriously suggest that you correct your post to acknowledge that this is a VERY REAL event.

Forum List

Back