The Biden administration has no choice but to pursue accountability for Trump and all his associates

Laurence Tribe, the foremost authority on Constitutional law, makes the case, that if the Biden administration does not pursue Trump and his associates activities, along with family members for crimes they most surely committed right in front of us, it opens the door for future lawless presidents, their family members, and associates, to participate in multiple criminal activities, sitting right in the oval office, with no consequences. This will definitely have to be the number one priority for the next administration to pursue, and if not, we will most assuredly be viewing this Constitutional Republic in the rear view mirror from now on.

So a constitutional scholar wants to ignore the constitution?

Typical prog.
What's being ignored?

If Ford was able to Pardon Nixon out of being prosecuted, a Pardon can be pretty much be given for any reason.

Making up some "obstruction of justice" excuse is just that, an excuse for what progs like you really want to do, punish ThoughtCrime.

Unfortunately yes. I may not (and in some of them was not) right, but it's legal in so far as this has ever been tested. But I think he is right to - Trump has pushed this to such an extreme we are forced examine it in a way we didn't before, because presidents followed unwritten but agreed upon standards.
Slick pardoned a guy on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted List because he was a huge campaign donor and you have no concerns about that.

Your hypocrisy is showing, Hack.

Yes he did, unfortunately you have no idea how I felt about that, so you're just going to sling mud.

Here's a clue - it was a very controversial pardon.

Now, what about Trump?
What about Trump? What has you all butthurt? Be specific.

Laurence Tribe, the foremost authority on Constitutional law, makes the case, that if the Biden administration does not pursue Trump and his associates activities, along with family members for crimes they most surely committed right in front of us, it opens the door for future lawless presidents, their family members, and associates, to participate in multiple criminal activities, sitting right in the oval office, with no consequences. This will definitely have to be the number one priority for the next administration to pursue, and if not, we will most assuredly be viewing this Constitutional Republic in the rear view mirror from now on.

Typical prog.
What's being ignored?

If Ford was able to Pardon Nixon out of being prosecuted, a Pardon can be pretty much be given for any reason.

Making up some "obstruction of justice" excuse is just that, an excuse for what progs like you really want to do, punish ThoughtCrime.

Unfortunately yes. I may not (and in some of them was not) right, but it's legal in so far as this has ever been tested. But I think he is right to - Trump has pushed this to such an extreme we are forced examine it in a way we didn't before, because presidents followed unwritten but agreed upon standards.
What "standards" were those?
Double standards, the only kind they have. They are hopelessly intolerant.

Typical prog.
What's being ignored?

Every President tests the laws and what they can and can't do. The Supreme Court slaps their hand, Trump is no different than any other politician. Which Presidents followed unwritten but agreed upon standards and what are these agreed upon standards?

Typical prog.
What's being ignored?

Slick pardoned a guy on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted List because he was a huge campaign donor and you have no concerns about that.

Your hypocrisy is showing, Hack.

Yes he did, unfortunately you have no idea how I felt about that, so you're just going to sling mud.

Here's a clue - it was a very controversial pardon.

Now, what about Trump?
What about Trump? What has you all butthurt? Be specific.

Your trolling is subpar. We're discussing Trump's pardon's, and notably you did not address them. You can read about it in the OP (Post #1) if you are confused or simply read my post again, since your response was nothing more than a "what about" ism.

Typical prog.
What's being ignored?

Every President tests the laws and what they can and can't do. The Supreme Court slaps their hand, Trump is no different than any other politician. Which Presidents followed unwritten but agreed upon standards and what are these agreed upon standards?

I disagree that Trump is no different. How often are political cronies pardoned? Clinton did and it was contentious. Has another president actively interfered in the military justice system and pardoned men convicted of killing civilians?

What is Trump charged or being investigated for? If he isn't being investigated, I'm trying to figure out how he is obstructing justice?
He already obstructed justice. Did you not watch the Mueller hearing?

Why didn't the House impeach him for that? Maybe we can watch for the next several years the Dems trying to imprison Trump and the GOP trying to imprison Clinton. It is all so funny but it is a sad statement on America today.

What is Trump charged or being investigated for? If he isn't being investigated, I'm trying to figure out how he is obstructing justice?

Why didn't the House impeach him for that? Maybe we can watch for the next several years the Dems trying to imprison Trump and the GOP trying to imprison Clinton. It is all so funny but it is a sad statement on America today.

I think Trump has done a lot wrong, but it would set a bad precedent for the incoming administration to go after him. A really bad precedent. Let others do it.

Did the esteem Constitutional scholar weigh in on Biden and his crackhead son's crimes?

Doubtful

I think Trump has done a lot wrong, but it would set a bad precedent for the incoming administration to go after him. A really bad precedent. Let others do it.
What laws has he broken?

What laws has he broken?
You tell me. I only said he has done a lot wrong, not that he broke specific laws, and not I'm not going to be specific in what he's done wrong - it's all been hashed out in multiple threads. But it's worth noting he has court cases waiting.

Wrong game ... Biden doesn't dare pursue The Donald ... or Biden will be pursued by the next administration ...

President Ford's logic is sound ... do we want the Biden administration to do nothing else BUT pursue criminal charges against The Donald's administration ... eight years is only a good start, and this at the expense of national defense, trade, immigration ... these types of investigations and trials take decades, the folks pursued will live long and happy lives and die a natural death long before they're brought to justice ...

Only to start over again once we elected someone else as President ...
If there is nothing to pursue then Biden has nothing to worry about. The courts don’t indulge fantasy charges and alternative facts, as you wingnuts are finding out the hard way.

The courts don’t indulge fantasy charges and alternative facts,

Then Trump is safe.
See, I know you’re not this stupid, so I don’t know what you’re trying to do. It’s certainly not an attempt to improve debate on this board. That’s always been a crock of shit from you.

If you are genuinely ignorant of AG James and what she has said publicly, then you should re-examine your choice of information. If you just want to be lied to, keep watching newsmax.
They're cowards when you box them in. He won't last much longer on here. None of them ever do.
They’re also not very bright. They are afraid of information.

View attachment 434736

If it weren't for partisan information, you'd have none.
Facts have no ideology.

Typical prog.
What's being ignored?

I disagree that Trump is no different. How often are political cronies pardoned? Clinton did and it was contentious. Has another president actively interfered in the military justice system and pardoned men convicted of killing civilians?
There is a first time for everything. The military is very political. It has been since WWII.

Typical prog.
What's being ignored?

There is a first time for everything. The military is very political. It has been since WWII.

No...it really isn't. And yes, there is a first time for everything.

Does that make it right? If a president disregards norms that normally act as guardrails to excess - then what?

Trump has shown no inclination to abide by any norms, conventions or standards of ethical behavior and his supporters won't hold him to any. Clinton pushed the bounds with his sexual infidelity, and his one contentious pardon. I think Trump has gone far beyond.

Typical prog.
What's being ignored?

Political cronies are pardoned all the time. Washington pardoned a guy that was guilty of treason. Andrew Johnson pardoned every confederate soldier that fought in the civil war. Carter pardoned a pedophile and pardoned Hearst. Clinton pardoned his brother, Roger and Marc Rich. Ford pardoned Nixon. Bush Sr., pardoned six people involved in the Iran-Contra scandal. Obama pardoned Manning for his espionage work. So I am not seeing much difference in Trump's pardons and other Presidents, I'm not seeing this unwritten but agreed upon standards.

I asked earlier, which Presidents followed unwritten but agreed upon standards and what are these agreed upon standards?

Typical prog.
What's being ignored?

Trumpsters will alternately (a) celebrate how we've never had a President like him and (b) deflect by equating him with other politicians, depending on what kind of spin they need at any given moment.

It's almost over.

Campaign violations are bs charges-nothing trump did was illegal
They are laws, therefore they are valid criminal charges. It will be proven that what Trump did was illegal. It’s open and shut for Ol‘ David Dennison. They have his signature on one check and the little shit’s signature on another, paying hush money. Michael Cohen will testify to it, and so will his accountant, Weismann(?).

Neither side cares about precedent, they are willing to go after the other side at any cost and then when it back fires both sides cry their heads off. ,

Wrong game ... Biden doesn't dare pursue The Donald ... or Biden will be pursued by the next administration ...

President Ford's logic is sound ... do we want the Biden administration to do nothing else BUT pursue criminal charges against The Donald's administration ... eight years is only a good start, and this at the expense of national defense, trade, immigration ... these types of investigations and trials take decades, the folks pursued will live long and happy lives and die a natural death long before they're brought to justice ...

Only to start over again once we elected someone else as President ...
If there is nothing to pursue then Biden has nothing to worry about. The courts don’t indulge fantasy charges and alternative facts, as you wingnuts are finding out the hard way.

The courts don’t indulge fantasy charges and alternative facts,

Then Trump is safe.
See, I know you’re not this stupid, so I don’t know what you’re trying to do. It’s certainly not an attempt to improve debate on this board. That’s always been a crock of shit from you.

If you are genuinely ignorant of AG James and what she has said publicly, then you should re-examine your choice of information. If you just want to be lied to, keep watching newsmax.
They're cowards when you box them in. He won't last much longer on here. None of them ever do.
They’re also not very bright. They are afraid of information.

View attachment 434736

If it weren't for partisan information, you'd have none.
Facts have no ideology.

Facts have no ideology.

Yup

no difference between MSNBC, CNN, and Fox at all.

they all present the 'facts'.

It's not the 'facts' little girl, it's who and how they are presented.

Forum List

Back