The big C

I haven't read where anyone has lied about it and I have no idea why you said it was "fake" but --

My heart goes out to you.

You have a long road ahead of you. If its your decision to spend your time and energy ranting about ObamaCare, I hope that serves you well. But I know I would (I hope!) try to do what is best for me and mine.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Try reading the post I quoted when I offered to trade Dot my fake cancer.

Not going to try to figure out what you're fighting about with other posters. I know that with the health issues I've been fighting, I've been grateful for ObamaCare. I live in a very backward mid-west red state and yet I've saved money and gotten the best treatment. It hasn't been easy. I've had to educate myself and be my own advocate.

You cannot "buy" ObamaCare. More to the point, you can control some parts of your life and treatment but not others. You must do what you believe to be right for you but I'm damned if I'd spend even one moment in some argument with an invisible non-enemy on a message board. Nor would I spend valuable time and energy railing against the president. Screw the president, ACA, message board fights, right or left, red or blue. IMO, you need to value yourself, your life and your family more than you value your politics.

But that's just me. Only you can decide what is best for you.

Good luck with your treatment.

You saved money in a couple of months? Why the fuck should I believe that when the out of pocket expenses from Obamacare are all front loaded and the savings won't fucking kick in until later in the year? Do you see my fucking problem with the fuckwads yet? You lie every fucking time you fucking post, and then act like anyone who brings up the truth is attacking your religion. Fuck off asshole, and don't offer me any fucking fake sympathy because you want to look good.

Last edited:
I think I'll just be patient and listen to the 'bag. And reserve comment. It's now his mission to listen to the professionals. And I think all he's asking of us is to listen to him.

As was pointed out by another, he used the OP to say he was going to use his supposed illness as a vehicle to attack the ACA. Go back & read it.

Just found out I have it, but all you fuckwads are still going to have to put up with me anyway. The best part is I am going to be able to describe, in detail, exactly what is wrong with Obamacare and why everyone who supported it should be drawn and quartered.

One woman did that already for an Americans for Prosperity (Koch Bros front-group?) commercial and it was found out that the ACA actually saved her more many than before. (see post #106)

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with QW's cancer.

Negged for being an asshole!

I haven't read where anyone has lied about it and I have no idea why you said it was "fake" but --

You have a long road ahead of you. If its your decision to spend your time and energy ranting about ObamaCare, I hope that serves you well. But I know I would (I hope!) try to do what is best for me and mine.

Not going to try to figure out what you're fighting about with other posters.

I know that with the health issues I've been fighting, I've been grateful for ObamaCare. I live in a very backward mid-west red state and yet I've saved money and gotten the best treatment. It hasn't been easy. I've had to educate myself and be my own advocate.

You cannot "buy" ObamaCare. More to the point, you can control some parts of your life and treatment but not others. You must do what you believe to be right for you but I'm damned if I'd spend even one moment in some argument with an invisible non-enemy on a message board. Nor would I spend valuable time and energy railing against the president. Screw the president, ACA, message board fights, right or left, red or blue. IMO, you need to value yourself, your life and your family more than you value your politics.

Good grief [MENTION=32558]Luddly Neddite[/MENTION]! This is not about you, yet you make it about you. Besides, you're on Medicare...but that's for a different thread.

Where is your compassion without hyperbole FFS!

You're on the same plane as Dottie...making this political.

SHAME on the both of you!!!

Last edited:
Luddly? STFU. Even questioning his statement is crude and rude.

Geez. Sometimes this place is great. Sometimes, I just wanna spit. This is one of those days where I wanna spit.

Which is the truth and which is the lie? Is it real? If so, why rag on about ObamaCare? Or is it "fake" (HIS WORD - NOT MINE) and posted just so he can rag on about ObamaCare?

Why rag on about obamacare?? Um, because it sucks to high heaven

(((Hugs)))) to you QW

Last edited:
Have you tried CenCal, QW? That is what I am on. I didn't even have to go in to the government office. But this was before obamacare kicked in so I guess I am grandfathered in.
Talk to the cancer society folks. They have leads that go above and beneath beurocraptic bullshit. Your local hospital also will know which organizations are there to help to get you going NOW on treatment instead of being in limbo.

I had no clue what was going on when I was diagnosed. It was boom boom boom. Had to wait a few months for the surgery date, but mine was slow growing and small. Yours is aggressive, so the faster you get medical treatment, the better. Try EVERYTHING. Leave no stone unturned.
Hearst Foundation treats San Luis Obispo county. You are in SF.
In fact...call Hearst Foundation and see if they know of something similar in your area.

Hearst Foundations

Then call the cancer society and ask them for leads to organizations that can get you going NOW, while the other crap is dealt with by those in that mess. At least you can get going on what needs done NOW.

And you can holler, scream, rant, be ornery all you want. Those who have walked in your moccasins know what it feels like.

Luddly, READ THE THREAD. Nobody is asking you to get involved in battles with other people. Sheesh. This man was JUST TOLD he has CANCER. And some asshole comes in and is a jerkoff. QW gets sarcastic and instead of READING THE FRIGGING THREAD, you continue on with your head in the sand.

If i had been spoken to like QW was, when I was told...I don't know if I would have made it mentally. It's a kick in the gut. And I hope like hell you nor anyone else questioning it ever gets the same treatment. So inform yourself what this thread is about before shooting off your fucking mouth.

As was pointed out by another, he used the OP to say he was going to use his supposed illness as a vehicle to attack the ACA. Go back & read it.

One woman did that already for an Americans for Prosperity (Koch Bros front-group?) commercial and it was found out that the ACA actually saved her more many than before. (see post #106)

I know that with the health issues I've been fighting, I've been grateful for ObamaCare. I live in a very backward mid-west red state and yet I've saved money and gotten the best treatment. It hasn't been easy. I've had to educate myself and be my own advocate.

Good grief [MENTION=32558]Luddly Neddite[/MENTION]! This is not about you, yet you make it about you. Besides, you're on Medicare...but that's for a different thread.

We were typing at the same time, mebelle. WHAT SHE SAID ^^^

This is what is written on my massive folder. Maybe some of they can help you.

American Cancer Society 1-800-227-2347

I will pm you the other numbers I have.

Last edited:

Luddly has been expressing well wishes to QW. He hasn't been making it about him.

Luddly jumped in IMMEDIATELY with the "if you even have it" crap....without reading the whole thread and grasping the concept before blathering. No, she has not made it about her...but she sure as hell started off in ignorance. I am happy to see she is getting a clue now, though.

Esophageal cancer facts*

*Esophageal cancer facts Medically Edited by: Charles P. Davis, MD, PhD

The esophagus in adults is a muscular tube about 10 inches long that helps move food from the mouth to the stomach. It is composed of a mucosal lining, submucosa, muscle tissue and an outer covering layer of cells called the adventitia above the diaphragm and the serosa below the diaphragm.
Cancer cells are malignant forms of body cells that often grow to form tissue masses or tumors that can spread to other organs.
The two main types of esophageal cancer are adenocarcinomas and squamous cell carcinomas.
Risk factors for both types are age 65 or greater, male sex, smoking, heavy drinking, a diet poor in fruits and vegetables, obesity, acid reflux, and Barrett's's esophagus.
Common symptoms of esophageal cancer include food getting stuck in the esophagus and vomiting, pain with swallowing, chest and/or back pain, heartburn, weight loss and a hoarse voice.
Diagnosis is performed by a barium swallow test, endoscopy and biopsy (definitive test)
There are five stages of esophageal cancer – Stages 0 to IV, with 0 being the least invasive and IV the most aggressive with spread to distant organs.
Treatment of this cancer is individually based on the patient's health and cancer stage; the options vary from surgery, chemotherapy, radiation or a combination of these options (also, some patients may be considered for laser or photodynamic therapy)
Surgery for this cancer may involve part or all of the esophagus; other structures (part of the stomach, lymph nodes or other parts of affected organs may be removed).
Radiation therapy uses high energy rays focused to kill cancer cells; it is often used together with chemotherapy.
Chemotherapy uses drugs to destroy cancer cells; it is often used together with radiation and/or surgery and often requires cycles or repeated doses of drugs.
In general, patients are encouraged to get a second opinion about their diagnosis and treatment for esophageal cancer.
Side effects of treatment for esophageal cancer may include the need for supportive care to control pain, infections such as pneumonia, difficulty in swallowing, depression, nausea, vomiting, requiring a feeding tube, requiring a special diet, weight loss, and may need vitamin and mineral supplements
Follow-up care for monitoring and or additional treatments is usually required
Supportive care can be provided for esophageal cancer patients; this should be done by the patient's treatment team, as well as by social workers, counselors, clergy and many others.
Research about esophageal cancer is ongoing; the treating doctors may be able to link patients to other researchers that are doing clinical trials of the newest treatments for this cancer.
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) offers an extensive amount of information about cancers, including esophageal cancer (1-800-422-6237) and through their PDQ website.

Esophageal Cancer Staging, Surgery, Symptoms, Prognosis, Treatment, Signs - MedicineNet

Luddly has been expressing well wishes to QW. He hasn't been making it about him.

How do you feel about the insults he's provided and approved of?

Thank you Sarah.

Look folx, QW said his "fake cancer" and I took him at his word. I apologize for believing he meant what he wrote.

I didn't bring politics into it. His OP started with political crap and he's welcome to it.

I won't apologize for saying politics are WAY beside the point. His health and his treatment is and should be the point. THAT is my opinion and you're all free to disagree.

Quantam - NO, I have never said I saved money in two months. Parts of ACA have been in effect for more than two years and I've been posting the exact same thing for most of those two years.

I repeat - I wish you well. I hope you get the treatment you need and that you beat it. People DO beat cancer these days. Its not the automatic death sentence it used to be. Have hope and do whatever you can to live a life-affirming and life-supporting life.

How do you feel about the insults he's provided and approved of?

This thread should be about Quantum and his fight.

How about you start a new thread to trash me?

Luddly jumped in IMMEDIATELY with the "if you even have it" crap....without reading the whole thread and grasping the concept before blathering. No, she has not made it about her...but she sure as hell started off in ignorance. I am happy to see she is getting a clue now, though.

Gracie, stop it please.

I'm sorry you miss my FIRST post, #155
http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/346134-the-big-c-4.html#post8814871

- but please let this thread be Quantum's.

Go elsewhere to trash me.

Really, its the right thing to do.

Luddly Neddite said:
This thread should be about Quantum and his fight.

Yes it is/was and should be.

Luddly Neddite said:
How about you start a new thread to trash me?

I'll just use your words.

Ok..now that we have that all straightened out....let's move forward, ok?

QW, holler if you need to holler. We be here for youse.

[MENTION=18645]Sarah G[/MENTION]
I agree Luddly has been expressing well wishes to QW. It's his back handed insults included with his well wishes that are troubling.

It's the flame zone. QW wants all of it and it's his thread.

That means he wants the partisan stuff as well as everything else. I'm not at all troubled by anything in this thread.

:)

Good grief @Luddly Neddite ! This is not about you, yet you make it about you. Besides, you're on Medicare...but that's for a different thread.

Thank you Sarah.

Look folx, QW said his "fake cancer" and I took him at his word. I apologize for believing he meant what he wrote.

I didn't bring politics into it. His OP started with political crap and he's welcome to it.

I won't apologize for saying politics are WAY beside the point. His health and his treatment is and should be the point. THAT is my opinion and you're all free to disagree.

Politics is a lot of things, but the only thing that makes it crap is the politicians. Perhaps you should learn what it is before you tell other people it is beside the point.
Politics (from Greek: politikos, meaning "of, for, or relating to citizens") is the practice and theory of influencing other people on a civic or individual level.
I am on this board to change people opinions. You might not like it, but that is why this board exists, so everything I do is about politics, even if I am sick. (Which, by the way, I do not feel at the moment.)

Quantam - NO, I have never said I saved money in two months. Parts of ACA have been in effect for more than two years and I've been posting the exact same thing for most of those two years.

Still lying, but thanks for making my point that everything is about politics.

I repeat - I wish you well. I hope you get the treatment you need and that you beat it. People DO beat cancer these days. Its not the automatic death sentence it used to be. Have hope and do whatever you can to live a life-affirming and life-supporting life.

I repeat, I don't want the well wishes of someone who has to lie to make their point.
The only parts of Obamacare that have been in effect have increased costs across the board, yet you continue to claim you saved money. Plus, it turns out you get Medicare anyway, which makes the claim that you, personally, saved money even more absurd.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back