The Big Flaw in Libertarianism

The biggest flaw with Libertarianism is that everyone on earth realizes it is a ridiculous system. There is not a single libertarian state on the face of the earth. The closest to a Libertarian utopia is Somalia with no government, no rules and every man for himself

So the only "sucessful" system is ......what?

Where?

Is there any government that has One Idealogical system?

Korea Perhaps.....

Its a little silly to believe any system is "ridiculous" because it doesn't manifest itself in its pure form anywhere on Earth. The reaction is probably a result of a deep ignorance of most things, but political systems in particular.

I'll give you a successful system.....the United States of America. It has generated the most powerful and successful country in history. What made America turn the corner from a second rate agrarian system with a fear of global entanglements was the emergence of a strong central government

It was a strong central government that built the railroads, laid a communications structure, built our highways, established the military that is the strongest on earth. It is also a strong central government that established Social Security, looked out for the peoples welfare, education and health
None of it could have happened with Libertarians calling the shots

A strong Central government built the railroads?

:lol::lol::lol:

AMTRAK?

Keep trying, I enjoy your posts.

Right...Because we all know that the people expected to enforce the law in the jury box are faaaar too stupid to tell whether the law is just or not. :rolleyes:

Because we all know 12 people selected out of a hat should get to lord over the rest of the community.

Those twelve people represent the community, if they can't say what is, and is not, right who can?

Those twelve people represent the community, but they're not representive of the community.

Because he's not alive to tell us how to apply it on a case by case basis.

Very true, but in many cases there's an obvious common sense application that STILL isn't applied.

If they're telling us that general welfare wasn't intended to provide hand outs to anyone willing to show up at the office, then we're obviously not applying it correctly because we're handing out money like candy these days.
We are?

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME.jpg

Obama spending binge never happened - Rex Nutting - MarketWatch

Damn, another liberal who thinks math is conditional.

Because he's not alive to tell us how to apply it on a case by case basis.

Very true, but in many cases there's an obvious common sense application that STILL isn't applied.

If they're telling us that general welfare wasn't intended to provide hand outs to anyone willing to show up at the office, then we're obviously not applying it correctly because we're handing out money like candy these days.

General welfare has nothing to do with handouts to the public. General Welfare refers to the General Wellbeing of the American people. Congress is mandated to do what it believes is in the best interests of the American people. Basically, fix what is wrong

Wrong.

I'll give you a successful system.....the United States of America. It has generated the most powerful and successful country in history. What made America turn the corner from a second rate agrarian system with a fear of global entanglements was the emergence of a strong central government

It was a strong central government that built the railroads, laid a communications structure, built our highways, established the military that is the strongest on earth. It is also a strong central government that established Social Security, looked out for the peoples welfare, education and health
None of it could have happened with Libertarians calling the shots

SS is facing insolvency unless we either continue to move the retirement age up or start slipping poison into geriatric products. Our education system has continually gotten WORSE over the last few decades, specifically since it was federalized and CENTRALIZED. We continue to get fatter, less fit, and more unhealthy as a nation, yet you point out health as our strong suit. We're the fattest and unhealthiest fucks in the first world.

So your idea of greatness differs from others'.

Social Security has worked for 75 years. All it needs is a shift in the retirement age to 70 (for those under 50) and raising the annual cutoff on contributions.
Our education system has less than ten percent contribution from the federal level. If it sucks, blame your local school board. They control the money.
Americans are fat and lazy. That is not the governments fault.

It actually hasn't. We have had to go in and fix it 1983 because it wasn't working then, we need to go in and fix it again because it isn't working now.

Those twelve people represent the community, if they can't say what is, and is not, right who can?

Those twelve people represent the community, but they're not representive of the community.

:eusa_eh:

You must have a Sociology Degree from Liberal State University.

So you really think picking 12 people at random is going to result in a sample that's truly representative of the community? If that's the case, pollsters sure do waste a ton of money getting thousands of people to respond to surveys. They could pick 12 people and get the work done much faster and cheaper.

What are they representative of, the oligarchy of jury nullification?

They're not representative of any meaning group.

And this whole "oligarchy of jury nullification" line you keep trying to attribute to me is getting rather boring. You bring up something from another thread in this thread, then want to accuse me of derailing the thread by responding to it.

What are they representative of, the oligarchy of jury nullification?

They're not representative of any meaning group.

And this whole "oligarchy of jury nullification" line you keep trying to attribute to me is getting rather boring. You bring up something from another thread in this thread, then want to accuse me of derailing the thread by responding to it.

I didn't bring it in, you did, all I did was ask you how jury nullification is stupid.

How was the ARRA a Bush program?

I'm going out on a limb and guessing he's mixing up ARRA and TARP.
Yes, she was. Point being, the chart shows that Republicans preside over larger percentages of government spending.

Funny, isn't it?

What is funny is the chart is fabricated, and has been proven to be based on erroneous assumptions. Every credible, and some none credible, news organizations has pointed out the mistakes, yet you keep pointing to it like it proves something.

Yes, she was. Point being, the chart shows that Republicans preside over larger percentages of government spending.

Funny, isn't it?

What is funny is the chart is fabricated, and has been proven to be based on erroneous assumptions. Every credible, and some none credible, news organizations has pointed out the mistakes, yet you keep pointing to it like it proves something.
Link?

How was the ARRA a Bush program?

Funny, isn't it?

Republicans have introduced 30 Balanced Budget Amendments since Jefferson's first. Democrats have killed every one of them. If we had passed Newts our debt would be 0 not 16 trillion!!

Republicans are not pure because they know independents decide election but 100% of the energy for limited government as per the Constitution comes from Republicans. Now you know why Newt Paul Jefferson and the Tea Party are all Republican.

Forum List

Back