The Big Flaw in Libertarianism

Because we all know 12 people selected out of a hat should get to lord over the rest of the community.

Those twelve people represent the community, if they can't say what is, and is not, right who can?

Those twelve people represent the community, but they're not representive of the community.

How about the SCOTUS and judicial review? Are those 9 people representative of the entire country? :dunno:

Yes, she was. Point being, the chart shows that Republicans preside over larger percentages of government spending.

Funny, isn't it?

What is funny is the chart is fabricated, and has been proven to be based on erroneous assumptions. Every credible, and some none credible, news organizations has pointed out the mistakes, yet you keep pointing to it like it proves something.
Link?

OMG, read the fracking posts on the board sometime.

The facts about the growth of spending under Obama, Part 3 - The Washington Post

Libertarians are no different than any other Americans. When it comes to Govt spending that they benefit from, they are all for it. When it comes to spending that helps others, they become strict Libertarians
Nice broad brush. :rolleyes:

Can you show me a benefit that Libertarians receive that they are willing to give up?

So the only "sucessful" system is ......what?

Where?

Is there any government that has One Idealogical system?

Korea Perhaps.....

Its a little silly to believe any system is "ridiculous" because it doesn't manifest itself in its pure form anywhere on Earth. The reaction is probably a result of a deep ignorance of most things, but political systems in particular.

I'll give you a successful system.....the United States of America. It has generated the most powerful and successful country in history. What made America turn the corner from a second rate agrarian system with a fear of global entanglements was the emergence of a strong central government

It was a strong central government that built the railroads, laid a communications structure, built our highways, established the military that is the strongest on earth. It is also a strong central government that established Social Security, looked out for the peoples welfare, education and health
None of it could have happened with Libertarians calling the shots

A strong Central government built the railroads?

:lol::lol::lol:

AMTRAK?

Keep trying, I enjoy your posts.

Railroads made this country and tied it together. Initially, railroads were independent operations of different gauges and rolling stock. It was the federal government that standardized the rail system and financed the building of transcontinental rail lines through federal land grants.

Very true, but in many cases there's an obvious common sense application that STILL isn't applied.

If they're telling us that general welfare wasn't intended to provide hand outs to anyone willing to show up at the office, then we're obviously not applying it correctly because we're handing out money like candy these days.

General welfare has nothing to do with handouts to the public. General Welfare refers to the General Wellbeing of the American people. Congress is mandated to do what it believes is in the best interests of the American people. Basically, fix what is wrong

Wrong.

Absolutely correct

Libertarians are no different than any other Americans. When it comes to Govt spending that they benefit from, they are all for it. When it comes to spending that helps others, they become strict Libertarians
Nice broad brush. :rolleyes:

Can you show me a benefit that Libertarians receive that they are willing to give up?

I'd give my accrued SS benefits up RIGHT NOW if I could go opt out tomorrow morning when the office opens.

Totally worth it to me.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing he's mixing up ARRA and TARP.
Yes, she was. Point being, the chart shows that Republicans preside over larger percentages of government spending.

Funny, isn't it?

What is funny is the chart is fabricated, and has been proven to be based on erroneous assumptions. Every credible, and some none credible, news organizations has pointed out the mistakes, yet you keep pointing to it like it proves something.

It's always "fabricated" when the numbers don't look good for your argument.

General welfare has nothing to do with handouts to the public. General Welfare refers to the General Wellbeing of the American people. Congress is mandated to do what it believes is in the best interests of the American people. Basically, fix what is wrong

Wrong.

Absolutely correct

No, it actually means Congress cannot favor one group over another, everything they do is supposed to benefit all citizens equally.

Funny, isn't it?

It's always "fabricated" when the numbers don't look good for your argument.

I already backed up my assertion that the numbers are fabricated. Why don't you and I sit down and walk through the math.

Wait, that would require you to actually understand math, never mind.

Speaking of jury nullification, would a guilty verdict for Zimmerman effectively nullify the stand your ground law? :dunno:

Those twelve people represent the community, but they're not representive of the community.

How about the SCOTUS and judicial review? Are those 9 people representative of the entire country? :dunno:

No, they're not, but they are also not intended to be.

I'm still not sure what your beef is with the concept of jury nullification. Are you saying you don't believe jurors should be allowed to vote their conscience? Do you realize that even if a jury 'nullifies' a law with a verdict in a particular case that it doesn't actually repeal the law?

Bank customers have been quite successful recently with getting fees eliminated before government could even begin to act. This shows that massive, quick reactions by customers do have a big impact.

Prove that it is not the exception proving the rule.

I "swore" that? :lol: I said if he won he would be much more amenable to the other side. Let's see if that happens.

And let's see if you can tell the truth.

Prove that it is not the exception proving the rule.

Hey Fakey, how'd that Walker recall go for you? You swore that Walker would be gone, and your GLORIOUS PEOPLES PARTY would make Wisconsin safe for Union thugs - how did that work out?

Why did you bother quoting his post if you had no plan to address it specifically? His post certainly has nothing to do with the Wisconsin recall and you could've easily gloated about that without this irrelevant quote.

just sayin...

Forum List

Back