The ‘Cancel Culture’ Myth

Rioters and looters aren't "peaceful protesters" asshole.

The people Trump gassed on the way to his fake photo op were.

Your chop suey is getting cold.

Naw, man, too much MSG. That stuff ain't good for you. (You realize Chop Suey is an American invention, right?)

They didn't leave, they just sucked up to their cocktail party circuit friends.

Bullshit, total bullshit.

You might be on to something there. For years, the One Percenters played on your religious, racial and sexual fears to get you to vote against your own economic interests. And it worked. Abortion is still legal, gay marriage is legal now, you guys are losing the culture war, but you've destroyed the middle class. Trump is your last angry death rattle.

So cancel culture isn't a myth?

"openly racist"

No, she got called for her conduct, not her political views.

You guys call anyone racist, it's a meaningless term.

And then you show your true bigotry against religious people.

Sorry, man, ANY religious point of view is "bigoted", guy. You don't believe the Mormons wear Magic Underwear any more than I do. There's a whole slew of Gods you don't believe in.... I just believe in one less than you do.

Naw, man, too much MSG. That stuff ain't good for you. (You realize Chop Suey is an American invention, right?)

You might be on to something there. For years, the One Percenters played on your religious, racial and sexual fears to get you to vote against your own economic interests. And it worked. Abortion is still legal, gay marriage is legal now, you guys are losing the culture war, but you've destroyed the middle class. Trump is your last angry death rattle.

"openly racist"

Sorry, man, ANY religious point of view is "bigoted", guy. You don't believe the Mormons wear Magic Underwear any more than I do. There's a whole slew of Gods you don't believe in.... I just believe in one less than you do.

All bullshit, and my god you are now replying to 3 different posters in the same post, you lazy fuck.

“While there is a little online hand-wringing by Goya fans about whether to go through with the boycott, judging by social media, a sizable number plan on ending their attachment to the brand. Some have posted recipes for making adobo and sofrito, and recommended buying old-school bagged, dried beans and soaking them over night, like my mother still prefers doing. Others have posted suggestions of less-ballyhooed brands like Sun Vista, Pilón and Badia.

But even if the boycott strengthens, it seems unlikely that it will bring change -- this is not like taking Aunt Jemima or the Land O' Lakes Native American off packaging, or changing the name of the Cleveland baseball team. Unanue will most likely hold firm to his vow never to apologize, and it's not clear what even an apology would change.”

And Goya products will continue to sell, little impacted by calls for a ‘boycott’ – further proof in support of the fact that ‘PC/cancel culture’ is a myth.

Goya products will continue to sell because that is the one that is largely carried in all grocery stores. You have to go to a super mercado to find the other brands. Secondly, no one is paying attention. Thirdly, Goya is not equal to the cancel culture.

No, because you are an asshole.

Guy, that you don't really merit your own post response isn't my problem. Say something with some substance, you'll have my undivided attention.

Meanwhile.

And Goya products will continue to sell, little impacted by calls for a ‘boycott’ – further proof in support of the fact that ‘PC/cancel culture’ is a myth.

And that's the point. The only people who get "cancelled" are the ones who don't have the resources to fight back. This guy clearly does.

No, because you are an asshole.

Guy, that you don't really merit your own post response isn't my problem. Say something with some substance, you'll have my undivided attention.

Meanwhile.

And that's the point. The only people who get "cancelled" are the ones who don't have the resources to fight back. This guy clearly does.

Nope, all your posts are worthless.

The problem with this perspective is cancel culture isn’t real

spot-the-liar-meme.jpg

The problem with this perspective is cancel culture isn’t real

spot-the-liar-meme.jpg
In all fairness, you have to hand it to nutters: They're willing to outright deny what is absolutely obvious.

It just isn't there. It just doesn't exist. Where? I don't see it.

You have to admit, it can be very difficult to communicate with someone who will do that. You just give up, they claim victory.

The Regressive Left pretends that PC, Identity Politics & Cancel Culture are just figments of our imagination.

The Trumpsters pretend that old fashioned, ignorant, paranoid white racism is just a figment of our imagination.

Nutters like to play pretend. Or, better put, lie.

"openly racist"

Yes, I know chop suey is American and that’s what makes it appropriate for a chi com in America.

yet here you are, again, getting worked up about them. I mean, you could be like this next guy, who put me on ignore because I spanked him too often.

In all fairness, you have to hand it to nutters: They're willing to outright deny what is absolutely obvious.

You have to admit, it can be very difficult to communicate with someone who will do that. You just give up, they claim victory.

Pot, meet Kettle. You engage in all the behaviors you describe in others. Like when you make claims that are easily refuted, but keep making them anyway.

Yes, I know chop suey is American and that’s what makes it appropriate for a chi com in America.

Sorry, man, your obsession with China is your thing, I'm about fixing America's problems.

The biggest one is we have a crazy person in the White House.

Okay, still waiting for you to give an example of someone who was effectively cancelled.

Not someone who was dropped by corporate sponsors after they said something obnoxious and got dropped by the big corporation who didn't want them to tarnish their brand name.

“The idea is that if you do something that others deem problematic, you automatically lose all your currency. Your voice is silenced. You’re done. Those who condemn cancel culture usually imply that it’s unfair and indiscriminate.

The problem with this perspective is cancel culture isn’t real, at least not in the way people believe it is. Instead, it’s turned into a catch-all for when people in power face consequences for their actions or receive any type of criticism, something that they’re not used to.”

The fact is that the ‘PC/cancel culture’ myth runs contrary to the Framers’ original intent that it should be private citizens in the context of private society who determine what forms of speech and expression are acceptable and appropriate and what are not, free from unwarranted interference by government or the courts.

Indeed, as correctly noted in the OP article, what conservatives wrongly deride as being ‘PC/cancel culture’ is actually the marketplace of free speech and expression at work – something one would think rightists should support: the free enterprise of ideas the sole purview of the people, immune from regulation by the state.

Instead, conservatives embrace the ‘PC/cancel culture’ myth as a means by which to advance the lie that ‘free speech’ is being ‘violated’ and conservative voices ‘silenced’ – when in fact nothing could be further from the truth; the ‘PC/cancel culture’ myth is a bad faith effort by the right to delegitimize appropriate, warranted criticism of racism, bigotry, and hate.

Once again, you don't adress the issue.

You are full of shit.

“While there is a little online hand-wringing by Goya fans about whether to go through with the boycott, judging by social media, a sizable number plan on ending their attachment to the brand. Some have posted recipes for making adobo and sofrito, and recommended buying old-school bagged, dried beans and soaking them over night, like my mother still prefers doing. Others have posted suggestions of less-ballyhooed brands like Sun Vista, Pilón and Badia.

But even if the boycott strengthens, it seems unlikely that it will bring change -- this is not like taking Aunt Jemima or the Land O' Lakes Native American off packaging, or changing the name of the Cleveland baseball team. Unanue will most likely hold firm to his vow never to apologize, and it's not clear what even an apology would change.”

Goya is now on my shoppoing list. It was never there before.

Had never visited a Chick Fil A until the boycott. Now, I am a regular customer. Becaues their stuff is good. Thanks for the insight.

And they appreciate that they had lines out the store when you asswipes tried.

But the cancel culture has been shown to exist regardless of what your stupid OP wants to believe.

yet here you are, again, getting worked up about them. I mean, you could be like this next guy, who put me on ignore because I spanked him too often.

Pot, meet Kettle. You engage in all the behaviors you describe in others. Like when you make claims that are easily refuted, but keep making them anyway.

Sorry, man, your obsession with China is your thing, I'm about fixing America's problems.

The biggest one is we have a crazy person in the White House.
Wuhan virus and depleted American industry is an obsession? You’re dishonest.

Wuhan virus and depleted American industry is an obsession? You’re dishonest.

Okay. Covid-19 is a virus that Trump ignored, while the rest of the world took it a lot more seriously. That's why we have a Covid Problem. As my instructor taught me in Biological Warfare Training, there's no such thing as a patriotic germ.

As for depleted American Industry, let's look at that one. Only a Republican can blame working folks in China for decisions made in corporate boardrooms by rich white people. Of course, most industrial jobs weren't lost to outsourcing, they were lost to automation. But even leaving that to the side for the moment, who made that decision to move stuff to China?

1) American Businessmen trying to make a buck.
2) American Consumers, trying to save a buck.

But man, let's blame those poor people in China who are a lot worse off than you are.

Forum List

Back