The Chevron and Snyder decisions.

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
Chevron: The courts will now interpret ambiguous law rather than the agency that administers it.

Doesn't seem so bad on the face of it, right? Especially if you're got evidence on your side.

But the along comes:

Snyder: Gratuities to state and local officials are OK.

And it's time to forget about honesty, because we just made bribery legal as long as you don't pay until after the fact.

Let's say I want to be able to generate lots of pollution because the cleaner way to manufacture my goods is more expensive. A few words on the right ears, as long as no money or favors change hands until after the fact, and I'm golden. I can pay the judges after I'm make my increased profits from polluting the earth.

Chevron: The courts will now interpret ambiguous law rather than the agency that administers it.

Doesn't seem so bad on the face of it, right? Especially if you're got evidence on your side.

But the along comes:

And it's time to forget about honesty, because we just made bribery legal as long as you don't pay until after the fact.

Let's say I want to be able to generate lots of pollution because the cleaner way to manufacture my goods is more expensive. A few words on the right ears, as long as no money or favors change hands until after the fact, and I'm golden. I can pay the judges after I'm make my increased profits from polluting the earth.

The Federal Register is over 90,000 fucking pages!!!!! You can't run an organization like that

I just posted this in another thread on a similar topic:

The Chevron decision is just another fucked up decision from this radical and out of control Supreme Court. It will now be judges who determine what words and phrases mean in the administrative code. So it takes it out the hands of elected and appointed officials and puts it in their hands. What the fuck do judges know about chemical compounds and other complicated sciences that these agencies regulate? You think the Courts are clogged now, just wait. This SCOTUS makes a mockery of what precedent means.

But the along comes:

States don't have their own bribery and corruption laws?

But the along comes:

Local control and regulations... we don't need a bunch of over paid federal bureaucrats in DC ordering us around... why is the left so freaked out about this?...
Maybe because they can see this is the beginning of the end for over zealous federal government agencies.... And just who in the EPA has Norfolk Southern paid off?.... hmmmmm?

Local control and regulations we don't need a bunch of over paid federal bureaucrats in DC ordering us around... why is the left so freaked out about this?...
Maybe because they can see this is the beginning of the end for over zealous federal government agencies.... And just who in the EPA has Norfolk Southern paid off?.... hmmmmm?
No, you will have unelected judges making those decisions who will know shit about what is being regulated.

Judges can't bring in their own experts? Also both sides can bring their experts in as well.

Why are people on the left so enamored of bureaucrats being all powerful?
Judges don’t bring in experts. Parties bring in experts. Of course why do you want to flood the courts with lawsuits and decisions being made by judges who have no science background? Lawsuits that take years to decide and while the lawsuit makes it way up the court chain, the polluter continues to pollute.

Forum List

Back