The Christian Tithe ripoff.

No, that's why I'm an agnostic, I also see no proof that a god isn't possible.

You keep saying that but we both know better.

There could be a final judgement and/or karma might very well carry over into the next life/world. Or not. But the god of the bible, ummm...no. Not a chance, it's just way too made up and absurd. A god who will give you free will but then burn you in a fire forever if you don't choose Him. That's is such a con man's game that I surprised ANYONE fell for it.

You have been misinformed. Clearly, you have no idea what the Bible teaches or means. Are you sure you were a Catholic? Before you can even begin to understand what the Bible means, you have to first believe there is a God and that He wants to know you. Then and only then will you be able to defeat your bias and see what the Bible really is teaching. You literally have to have your head right. Wisdom is not given to jackanapes.

As for the evidence and your trial, you have insufficient evidence to go to court and point the finger at someone. I could propose a different scenario(s) based on science that would throw a massive reasonable doubt wrench into your arguments.

Like I said before,ultimately each of us must decide for our self if these naturally created things were the product of an intelligent being (i.e. a being that knows and creates). I can't do it for you. I can only do it for myself. Only you can do it for your self.

I doubt very seriously, that there is any argument you could make that I have not already considered. I am a master puzzle solver and I was methodical in my search for answers.

God so loved "The WORLD";; you get that, the World , which INCLUDES ALL UNBELIEVERS! That he GAVE his only Son.

God "Gave!" Giving is a Godly thing, and Christianity has perverted one of the methods of biblical giving ;just ripped it all out of context.

The universe is evidence without a case yet. You have no one to legitimately point the finger at. So we’d not yet be at the trial phase.

No. If there is a Creator, then what He created would be evidence. You have already conceded this point.

As for creating songs, sometimes I start out writing a song and get hungry and end up making dinner (not turkey, I’m a vegetarian). So you’re still in check mate, brah.

lol, so you have never created any songs. All of your songs are vegetarian dinners? Is that what you are saying. How embarrassing.

And you also believe in evolution with your locomotion story. Not what the bible says…

Sure it is. The Bible tells us there was a beginning and that God created Creation (i.e. the universe and everything in it in steps).

"In the very beginning, there was a void, a curious form of vacuum, a nothingness containing no space, no time, no matter, no light, no sound. Yet the laws of in and this curious vacuum held potential. A story logically begins at the beginning, but this story is about the universe and unfortunately there are no data for the very beginnings--none, zero. We don't know anything about the universe until it reaches the mature age of a billion of a trillionth of a second. That is, some very short time after creation in the big bang. When you read or hear anything about the birth of the universe, someone is making it up--we are in the realm of philosophy. Only God knows what happened at the very beginning." Leon Lederman, American experimental physicist and Nobel Laureate

And since we live in a universe where the laws of nature are such that given enough time and the right conditions, beings that know and create were pre-ordained to exist the moment that space and time came into existence.

With the steps, you’re saying everything is a series of steps, like to draw a circle, first two people have to have sex, carry you for 9 months, … lol. Ok, whatever, lol.

No. That's a really stupid analogy. Why don't you try that analogy with making a vegetarian dinner and see how you do. But yes, everything you create will require steps. That should be self evident. And the more complex the creation, the more steps and the greater the intelligence requires to do so. This is really basic stuff. I actually explained it to a 2nd grader today and she got it right away.

With the tomato plant, I don’t have to do anything for tomatoes to appear, they do it naturally in nature. Like the universe could naturally propagate into multi-verses without being directed, of which ours is one of them.

You have tomatoes growing wild in your yard? Really? That's awesome. I don't mind playing this game if you don't mind looking stupid for playing it. If this was a date, I'd be at third base getting ready to steal home plate.

As for the cell vs turkey discussion, ok, I’ll say that some things are more complex than others and could require more steps. And?

Wow! That was a surprise. I almost feel bad for making that last joke. Almost. Anyway, thanks for stating the obvious. Why did it take you that long?

The cell phone has many purposes, from talking to games to tracking people to … So what’s the cell’s primary purpose is maybe what you’d ask? Well it depends on the needs of the person. Take me, I don’t even have a cell phone.

Sure it does now, but its primary purpose is a communication device. So you are that guy? I had heard there was one guy on the planet that didn't have one. I envy you.

If there is a Creator, then what He created would be evidence

To quote you “if”, so you admit that there is no proven creator? Good for you.

“All of your songs are vegetarian dinners? “ I nailed you again, so you attempt a joke. Your concession is duly noted.

“since we live in a universe where the laws of nature are such that given enough time and the right conditions, beings that know and create were pre-ordained to exist the moment that space and time came into existence. “ Totally not what the bible says. Please try again. Or find the passage in the bible that backs up your claim.

“I actually explained it to a 2nd grader today and she got it right away.” Well, maybe when you graduate to the third grade you’ll start to see the errors of your nonsense.

“If this was a date, I'd be at third base getting ready to steal home plate.“ Sorry, I’m not gay. But yes, the universe could naturally propagate into multi-verses without being directed, and you have to admit that it’s a possibility, or are you going to refute this without proof? Again.

You are incorrect. I said that ONE of the ways God communicates with me is through His word. I also said I do not hear voices in my head. You do not understand because you have not experienced.
"His word"? You mean the ones written by men in the bible? Like god would need to communicate through a book. You guys crack me up. :lol:
You have faith in far less.
As long as you admit that all you have is faith, it's all good.
I have faith and personal experience. You only have faith.
Personal delusion is all you have, and faith in an invisible friend that nobody can prove.
Why are you so insistent that your faith in alien abductions is justified while my faith in God is not, when I have more evidence than you do?

God so loved "The WORLD";; you get that, the World , which INCLUDES ALL UNBELIEVERS! That he GAVE his only Son.

God "Gave!" Giving is a Godly thing, and Christianity has perverted one of the methods of biblical giving ;just ripped it all out of context.
Your problem is not with Christianity, it is with Christ Himself, who clearly and repeatedly stated that many will be rejected by God.

The Christian tithe is a mental pressure on the believer to weekly give a percentage of their income or they will not be blessed or be obedient ; it teaches the believer to give under " Compulsion" ; or pressured obligation , 2 Corinth. 9:7 speaks against this tactic.
Christian giving and generosity, however, are blessed by God. Your strange obsession with tithing does generate some curiosity as to why you find it necessary to complain.

Maybe that's because you, NOT being a Christian but being obsessed with all things Christian, have no idea what the heck you're talking about.

I can see me being accused of not knowing what I am talking about ; here's a fella we all heard of describing the state of this greed in Christianity ; Rev. 3:17 , Jesus himself talking , " Because you say ,I am rich and increased with goods ; and have need of nothing , ( the obvious attitude of a prosperity ministry that has abused the tithe and offerings in the bible until now how its looked on is perverted), and you "Don't Know" you are wretched , miserable , poor , "Blind" and naked." These believers " Don't Know" and are "Blind" to how they view money in the bible ; when you try to show truth to a blind person , they look at you with a blank face.

Just look at how all the responding Christians in this thread are reacting ; they don't get any of the scriptures I show , none of the points I make ; its just not there. They really don't get this ;BECAUSE they are blind and DON'T KNOW they are unaware.

They really , really don't know. They think its something wrong with me.
There is. You are not a Christian and you have no idea what it means to be one. You're obsessed with the tithe when it's not an issue for the Christian. All his wealth belongs to God and His use, not just 10%. You're the one stuck in the OT way of doing things.

I am obsessed with staying on topic of my threads , this one is about Tithes. I am obsessed with the truth . And I am obsessed with Ice Cream. So I do have obsessions; I am also obsessed with taking naps. Oh and Conan Comic books. I am not a Christian , don't want to be one ; and I know they don't have a monopoly on belief. I know you think Christianity are the only sheep, because your training is based on selfish biblical propaganda. Your mind is trained to believe Christianity is a biblical club for members only ; that your group holds a name brand on salvation. You are obsessed with Christianity in a far more sinister way , you think Christianity holds a monopoly on the calling of God. A very dangerous ego in belief , and I like exposing that ego;

I just like doing it

I got nothing better to do.
That's very sad.

Now, consider that if there really was another way for man to be reconciled to God, Jesus would never have made that sacrifice in the first place.

Christianity has not only perverted the tithe ,they have perverted the truth about salvation and reconciliation ; Christianity has literally perverted every biblical teaching they have gotten their hands on.
Your problem is not with Christianity, it is with Christ Himself, who clearly and repeatedly stated that many will be rejected by God.

I can see me being accused of not knowing what I am talking about ; here's a fella we all heard of describing the state of this greed in Christianity ; Rev. 3:17 , Jesus himself talking , " Because you say ,I am rich and increased with goods ; and have need of nothing , ( the obvious attitude of a prosperity ministry that has abused the tithe and offerings in the bible until now how its looked on is perverted), and you "Don't Know" you are wretched , miserable , poor , "Blind" and naked." These believers " Don't Know" and are "Blind" to how they view money in the bible ; when you try to show truth to a blind person , they look at you with a blank face.

Just look at how all the responding Christians in this thread are reacting ; they don't get any of the scriptures I show , none of the points I make ; its just not there. They really don't get this ;BECAUSE they are blind and DON'T KNOW they are unaware.

There is. You are not a Christian and you have no idea what it means to be one. You're obsessed with the tithe when it's not an issue for the Christian. All his wealth belongs to God and His use, not just 10%. You're the one stuck in the OT way of doing things.

I am obsessed with staying on topic of my threads , this one is about Tithes. I am obsessed with the truth . And I am obsessed with Ice Cream. So I do have obsessions; I am also obsessed with taking naps. Oh and Conan Comic books. I am not a Christian , don't want to be one ; and I know they don't have a monopoly on belief. I know you think Christianity are the only sheep, because your training is based on selfish biblical propaganda. Your mind is trained to believe Christianity is a biblical club for members only ; that your group holds a name brand on salvation. You are obsessed with Christianity in a far more sinister way , you think Christianity holds a monopoly on the calling of God. A very dangerous ego in belief , and I like exposing that ego;

I just like doing it

That's very sad.

Now, consider that if there really was another way for man to be reconciled to God, Jesus would never have made that sacrifice in the first place.

Christianity has not only perverted the tithe ,they have perverted the truth about salvation and reconciliation ; Christianity has literally perverted every biblical teaching they have gotten their hands on.

Exactly!

Thats why you have never seen or heard even one single word from the living God in your entire life.

You are an idolator and a murderer, a perjurer and a deceiver who has been abandoned to his folly.

Unless YOU repent YOU will never enter the kingdom of Heaven.

"Outside are dogs, sorcerers, immoral people, murderers, idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices deceit." revelation 22:15.

"His word"? You mean the ones written by men in the bible? Like god would need to communicate through a book. You guys crack me up. :lol:
You have faith in far less.
As long as you admit that all you have is faith, it's all good.
I have faith and personal experience. You only have faith.
Personal delusion is all you have, and faith in an invisible friend that nobody can prove.
Why are you so insistent that your faith in alien abductions is justified while my faith in God is not, when I have more evidence than you do?
What evidence? Everyone keeps going on about their evidence of god, yet no one puts anything forward. So do you have proof of god or not? Put up or shut up.

I just like doing it

That's very sad.

All hearsay, as the bible was written long after the events occurred.

I just like doing it

That's very sad.

Exactly!

Thats why you have never seen or heard even one single word from the living God in your entire life.

You are an idolator and a murderer, a perjurer and a deceiver who has been abandoned to his folly.

You claim to know a lot about me. Was that you I saw lurking in the shadows?

"Outside are dogs, sorcerers, immoral people, murderers, idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices deceit." revelation 22:15.
God and I have reconciled.

I just like doing it

That's very sad.

Actually, it was not. The Apostle Paul, for just one example, references people who were still alive at the time he wrote who had seen the resurrected Jesus. Luke traveled with Paul and wrote one of the Gospels as well as the book of Acts. You might want to revisit your blanket assertion that you use to avoid dealing with the Scriptures.

I just like doing it

That's very sad.

Actually, it was not. The Apostle Paul, for just one example, references people who were still alive at the time he wrote who had seen the resurrected Jesus. Luke traveled with Paul and wrote one of the Gospels as well as the book of Acts. You might want to revisit your blanket assertion that you use to avoid dealing with the Scriptures.
The earliest fragments of the bible are dated to several generations after the facts.
Anyways Paul's writing of people who said they saw the resurrection is actually pure hearsay on its own.

I just like doing it

That's very sad.

Exactly!

You claim to know a lot about me. Was that you I saw lurking in the shadows?

God and I have reconciled.

Nonsense. You don't even have an inkling that your professed belief and openly defiant worship of Jesus as if he was God himself in the flesh is not only irrational but impossible according to the teachings of the entire Bible, a practice openly condemned under penalty of death - irrevocable under covenant - not to mention a direct contradiction of numerous quotes attributed to Jesus himself that irrefutably shows that Jesus neither thought of himself as God nor claimed to be God. See; John 20:17

Reconciliation between you and God is impossible unless you first stop doing that which has caused your separation from God and descent into the realm of the dead in the first place.

Whatever you do don't go to confession and talk to a priest about having impure thoughts about Mary Margaret and then kneel before and eat a lifeless matzo for spiritual life to show Jesus just how sorry you are for your sins.........

I heard that both Jesus and he who truly is God, can get a little testy with hypocrites.

Last edited:
Christians don't give , they take ; they are taking peoples money and God is allowing that ; and they will take away your free citizenship in heaven if God allowed that , but he won't. They will take away your religion, and take away your understanding of the bible. They take these things by the violence of their own selfish belief; they TAKE the Kingdom of God by violence.

That's very sad.

The earliest fragments of the bible are dated to several generations after the facts.

Irrelevant. You are aware, are you not, that the only way to preserve written information thousands of years ago was to very carefully copy an original because originals decayed and got lost or destroyed? Even today, as digital storage technology changes, information must be copied to new media to maintain its availability. If we did not do that, we would have data on tapes that no one could read because the drives are no longer manufactured. You could then accurately claim that "the oldest copies we have of the information are only a few years old", when the original information was recorded long ago.

Anyways Paul's writing of people who said they saw the resurrection is actually pure hearsay on its own.
You're basically conceding the point there. Had he written hundreds of years after the fact as you have repeatedly stated, he would hardly have said eyewitnesses were still alive.

Now, the evidence for alien abductions is totally anecdotal, hearsay, after the fact, and from a handful of people over the last several decades. No one can show a UFO and no one can call for one to appear and take them for a ride. Yet you maintain your faith in them while totally rejecting accounts from millions of people over thousands of years who have reported encounters with God. Not sure why it's such an obsession with you when you clearly understand what it means to take something on faith.

Irrelevant. You are aware, are you not, that the only way to preserve written information thousands of years ago was to very carefully copy an original because originals decayed and got lost or destroyed? Even today, as digital storage technology changes, information must be copied to new media to maintain its availability. If we did not do that, we would have data on tapes that no one could read because the drives are no longer manufactured. You could then accurately claim that "the oldest copies we have of the information are only a few years old", when the original information was recorded long ago.

You're basically conceding the point there. Had he written hundreds of years after the fact as you have repeatedly stated, he would hardly have said eyewitnesses were still alive.

Now, the evidence for alien abductions is totally anecdotal, hearsay, after the fact, and from a handful of people over the last several decades. No one can show a UFO and no one can call for one to appear and take them for a ride. Yet you maintain your faith in them while totally rejecting accounts from millions of people over thousands of years who have reported encounters with God. Not sure why it's such an obsession with you when you clearly understand what it means to take something on faith.
Aliens are just a fun thing I follow and are very likely to exist, imo, and they're nothing that important to me. You live your life by what an invisible superbeing in another dimension tells you to do, and then you call faith because faith is the belief in something unproven, and you still believe anyways. BIG difference.

Not irrelevant that the earliest fragment of the bible is dated to several generations after the fact. What I'll concede is that maybe the earlier copies have yet to be found, but at this point in time I just can't make that leap with nothing. That's why I'm agnostic, no solid proof either way has ever been put forward, but if someone comes up with some either way, I'm open to changing my mind. Can't be any fairer than that.

Aliens are just a fun thing I follow and are very likely to exist, imo, and they're nothing that important to me. You live your life by what an invisible superbeing in another dimension tells you to do, and then you call faith because faith is the belief in something unproven, and you still believe anyways. BIG difference.
Well, faith and personal experience. A lot more than anecdotes about alien abductions.

Not irrelevant that the earliest fragment of the bible is dated to several generations after the fact. What I'll concede is that maybe the earlier copies have yet to be found, but at this point in time I just can't make that leap with nothing. That's why I'm agnostic, no solid proof either way has ever been put forward, but if someone comes up with some either way, I'm open to changing my mind. Can't be any fairer than that.
Well, that and God going on CNN, right? Of course, if you think about it, why would He limit Himself to a TV channel?

Forum List

Back