The Confederate Flag

Displaying a Confederate flag or a swastika are forms of expression. If you wish to know what the displayer is expressing -- ask. And if thine eye offends thee, pluck it out.

Freedom of expression is an important component of freedom and liberty.

You don't get to tell me about racism. You're the one who wants to wave that damn racist flag.

While you ponder how those Southern states got so red after the Civil Rights Act, I'll be getting my list of Teabaggers together.

I get to tell you whatever I want here, it's a free forum. While you're compiling your list, make sure to include policies of racism advocated by the Tea Party.

Okay, we can start with gerrymandering and voter ID laws. And in Mississippi, Teabaggers recently sent out poll watchers to watch the black community vote.

Those glitter loving hillbillies can always be trusted.

Democrats are guilty of far more gerrymandering than republicans. Voter ID laws are not racist in any way. There is nothing racist about poll watchers, it's been going on for centuries. These are things you bigots have turned into "racist" because your mission is to continue to divide people and pit them against each other. It's how you win elections when you're not cheating and stuffing the ballot boxes.

You better step up your game boy if you are going to make dumb claims.

Where is your list of Democrats who turned Republican after Civil Rights?
Better step up your game boy. :lol:

I see you couldnt address the information in my post that blew up your theory.

RNC Chair Michael Steele Confesses to Race-Based Southern Strategy | Mediaite

USATODAY.com - GOP: 'We were wrong' to play racial politics

Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman apologized to one of the nation's largest black civil rights groups Thursday, saying Republicans had not done enough to court blacks in the past and had exploited racial strife to court white voters, particularly in the South.

Haldeman's Diary Reveals The Real Picture Of Nixon - Philly.com

* H.R. Haldeman entry: Monday, April 28, 1969. President emphasized that you have to face the fact that the whole problem is really the blacks. The key is to devise a system that recognizes this, while not appearing to. Problem with overall welfare plan is that it forces poor whites into same position as blacks . . .

(President Nixon) falsely charged that there has never in history been an adequate black nation, and they are the only race of which this is true. Says Africa is hopeless . . .

You must have missed my post and those of other posters. The entire racist voting block of the Democrats moved over to the Republican party.

Step up your game boy. I got you covered on anything you want to say.

In spite of all this twisted rhetorical nonsense, your opinion of republicans is not changed. In fact, you've taken these apologies, confessions and admissions and turned them into weapons to bolster your racial war against the right.

Oh, I know you are prepared and ready to continue bombarding this thread with rhetorical nonsense and support your bigoted racist view of others.

"If my ancestors had fought for the right to abduct teenagers and forced them into prostitution..I would not reenact that."

:lol:

Yes, probably best not to reenact that, ...probably best not to reenact fighting a war to keep slaves either.

Interesting he, Bill Maher, seems to take a swipe at Southern folk today as being 'slower'.

The Confederate Flag is a racist symbol. That was decided decades ago. Whether it should or should not have been is moot....It IS racist and not welcome in public spaces

If the public acceptance of the flag changes, it may someday be welcomed back. Until that time it is not acceptable

As far as I'm concerned......burn it

You can keep spewing your ignorance, it was never "decided" the flag was a symbol of racism. Pubic spaces are protected by the 1st Amendment, so ANY flag is permitted in public spaces. You don't get to determine how the 1st Amendment is applied and you never will. If you don't want the flag flying over a government building, I support your right to voice your opinion.

Do you understand the difference between public and private spaces?

You better step up your game boy if you are going to make dumb claims.

Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman apologized to one of the nation's largest black civil rights groups Thursday, saying Republicans had not done enough to court blacks in the past and had exploited racial strife to court white voters, particularly in the South.

* H.R. Haldeman entry: Monday, April 28, 1969. President emphasized that you have to face the fact that the whole problem is really the blacks. The key is to devise a system that recognizes this, while not appearing to. Problem with overall welfare plan is that it forces poor whites into same position as blacks . . .

(President Nixon) falsely charged that there has never in history been an adequate black nation, and they are the only race of which this is true. Says Africa is hopeless . . .

You must have missed my post and those of other posters. The entire racist voting block of the Democrats moved over to the Republican party.

What a load of crap. Taken out of context and patently false. Focusing on the southern states was not abandoning blacks. Further, at the time in question the GOP introduced the civil rights movement and broke a filibuster the democrats were running to block the civil rights acts.

OMFG you ass holes will shit on your own dinner plate.

The Confederate Flag is a racist symbol. That was decided decades ago. Whether it should or should not have been is moot....It IS racist and not welcome in public spaces

If the public acceptance of the flag changes, it may someday be welcomed back. Until that time it is not acceptable

As far as I'm concerned......burn it

You can keep spewing your ignorance, it was never "decided" the flag was a symbol of racism. Pubic spaces are protected by the 1st Amendment, so ANY flag is permitted in public spaces. You don't get to determine how the 1st Amendment is applied and you never will. If you don't want the flag flying over a government building, I support your right to voice your opinion.

What part of him separating public from private made you think he doesn't know the difference? Do you understand the difference between fighting for your family and fighting for your republican neighbor's view on health care? Yes or no, do you have enough brain cells to understand that some confederates are not slavers and that the only real slavery going on in America is the wage slavery of progressive taxation?

Last edited:

What part of him separating public from private made you think he doesn't know the difference? Do you understand the difference between fighting for your family and fighting for your republican neighbor's view on health care? Yes or no, do you have enough brain cells to understand that some confederates are not slavers and that the only real slavery going on in America is the wage slavery of progressive taxation?

Then let's put this thread to rest

Nobody can ban a person from carrying the flag or displaying on private property. It is a first amendment right

That flag has been found to be unacceptable to fly on government buildings

Your equating taxation to slavery is offensive

Last edited:

Nobody can ban a person from carrying the flag or displaying on private property. It is a first amendment right

What percentage of taxation would it take before you admit it's slavery? 100%? Is that the only percentage that would be offensive to you?

In spite of all this twisted rhetorical nonsense, your opinion of republicans is not changed. In fact, you've taken these apologies, confessions and admissions and turned them into weapons to bolster your racial war against the right.

Oh, I know you are prepared and ready to continue bombarding this thread with rhetorical nonsense and support your bigoted racist view of others.

So you ask for proof and when you get it you start whining about it? :lol:

Why would my opinion change? They still use the same code words leading you uneducated white guys around by the nose and creating racial and class animosity. You specifically haven't showed me any reason to believe they have changed assuming your are a Rep. You want to fly the traitor flag and force people to accept it.

If you want to call being knowledgeable about what is fact preparation, I have no issue with that. Stop whining about things and educate yourself. You must be a kid because you dont seem to know much about anything when it comes to the things you value.

What a load of crap. Taken out of context and patently false. Focusing on the southern states was not abandoning blacks. Further, at the time in question the GOP introduced the civil rights movement and broke a filibuster the democrats were running to block the civil rights acts.

OMFG you ass holes will shit on your own dinner plate.

Truth hurts doesn't it? Those aren't my words. Those are the words of the RNC chair. Hard to take them out of context if they are apologizing. Your boy Boss is whining that I havent accepted their apology and now you are claiming the apology was taken out of context. Why dont you explain what they meant by them abandoning the Black vote? We are all ears.

Last edited:

Why would my opinion change? They still use the same code words leading you uneducated white guys around by the nose and creating racial and class animosity. You specifically haven't showed me any reason to believe they have changed assuming your are a Rep. You want to fly the traitor flag and force people to accept it.

If you want to call being knowledgeable about what is fact preparation, I have no issue with that. Stop whining about things and educate yourself. You must be a kid because you dont seem to know much about anything when it comes to the things you value.

And what have the democrats done to prove they have changed since they filibustered against civil rights for blacks?

You think hand-outs that require you to keep your income below 30hrs at minimum wage is helping blacks? ROFL

^ dumb ass thinks hand-outs the democrats promote are better than the hand ups the republicans promote.

^ dumb ass wants us to believe it's better to give a man fish and tell him he can't fish if he takes it than to teach him how to fish and live as a free man independent from handouts.

And what have the democrats done to prove they have changed since they filibustered against civil rights for blacks?

You think hand-outs that require you to keep your income below 30hrs at minimum wage is helping blacks? ROFL

^ dumb ass thinks hand-outs the democrats promote are better than the hand ups the republicans promote.

^ dumb ass wants us to believe it's better to give a man fish and tell him he can't fish if he takes it than to teach him how to fish and live as a free man independent from handouts.

They have made an effort to balance the scales. While I disagree with the way they go about some things, Dems have done way more than the Reps have.

^ dumb ass believes in the Rep fairy tale of trickle down economics.

^ dumb ass believes berating a man, then telling him to go find a pole is better than feeding him so he is not going to die, getting him a pole and bringing him to where the fish is.

They have made an effort to balance the scales. While I disagree with the way they go about some things, Dems have done way more than the Reps have.

^ dumb ass believes berating a man, then telling him to go find a pole is better than feeding him so he is not going to die, getting him a pole and bringing him to where the fish is.

^ dumb ass doesn't know how to fish.

^ dumb ass believes stealing the pole and fish from the man who knows how to fish will put fish on his table.

You think the scales have been balanced? ROFL

By what measure have the scales been balanced?

Last edited:
Displaying a Confederate flag or a swastika are forms of expression. If you wish to know what the displayer is expressing -- ask. And if thine eye offends thee, pluck it out.

Yes they are, you are free to fly anything you wish and be judged accordingly.

You are not free to demand that government display your flag

^ dumb ass believes stealing the pole from the man who knows how to fish will put fish on his table.

^ dumb ass doest realize when someone is held back from being able to fish they frequently dont have the skill to fish.

^ dumb ass believes that one should simply lay down and die instead of struggling to survive no matter what.

Where did you get the idea the scales have been balanced? I know I didnt say that. I do know that if you mean by voting for trickle down economics we would be actually moving steadily backwards.

I know my personal scales are balanced. Thank you Dems.

Last edited:

^ dumb ass believes stealing the pole from the man who knows how to fish will put fish on his table.

^ dumb ass doest realize when someone is held back from being able to fish they frequently dont have the skill to fish.

^ dumb ass believes that one should simply lay down and die instead of struggling to survive no matter what.

Where did you get the idea the scales have been balanced? I know I didnt say that. I do know that if you mean by voting for trickle down economics we would be actually moving steadily backwards.

Who the eff held you down dumb ass? Who? Name one effing person that held your dumb ass down. You're weak. You require government assistance to force people to hire you cause you are a POS that no one would hire without government mandate.

Then you vote for the party of hand-outs to keep your competition sitting on a couch sucking their thumbs.

Last edited:

Who the eff held you down dumb ass? Who? Name one effing person that held your dumb ass down. Your weak. You require government assistance to force people to hire you cause you are a POS that no one would hire without government mandate.

Where do you see me claim someone has held me down? I cant be held down. I have the knowledge to avoid that.

Youre weak. You needed 350 years of government assistance to make sure you could get a job, land, and legacy.

Last edited:

You can fly any kind of flag you want on private property and you can fly any kind of flag you want on public property as long as it isn't fixed. You can't fix a flag on public property without approval, but if you get approval, you can fix any kind of flag on public property.

There is no law that says the Confederate flag is unacceptable to fly on public property or government buildings. Some legislatures have voted to remove the flag from government buildings where it had been displayed.

As I said, if the flag is flying over your statehouse or part of your state flag, I support your right to move to have it removed. I also support the right of those who move to have it remain. What I opposed is the PC movement to have it removed from sight in public entirely and ban it from being flown under any circumstance. You do not have that right regardless of what you think it stands for.

"Public" is anything that is not "private" property. It's that simple. It includes government buildings but is not exclusive to government buildings. "Public" can mean a park, a city street or right of way, anything that isn't "private" property. Your 1st Amendment rights are certainly protected in public places. Your private property rights come under the 4th Amendment.

Yes they are, you are free to fly anything you wish and be judged accordingly.

You are not free to demand that government display your flag

Yes, you are.

Forum List

Back