The Confederate Flag

The flag DOESN'T symbolize racism. We've been through this already and now you are demagoguing. YOU perceive it to symbolize racism because YOU are ignorant. NO ONE has argued that governments should be forced to fly the Confederate battle flag, moron.

Why the flag symbolizes racism

It was an official flag of a nation formed to protect slavery
it was adopted by the KKK
It was used by southern state governments on their flags and public buildings in retaliation for integration and Civil Rights
It was waved in the face of civil rights protesters to mock their civil rights

Yes, it is a racist symbol

You're a moron.

I accept your concession

Fuck the Confederate Flag.

I'm all for the Swatstika though :) Symbolically it is far more superior... and beautiful.

Great point. The swatstika has been around for centuries in almost every culture as a symbol of good luck and or fertility. I have enough sense to be sensitive to people that have an issue with it.

People that selfishly decide waving a flag is more important are the lowest scum of the earth and the main reason we have a lot of racial animosity in this country today.

I'm all for the Swatstika though :) Symbolically it is far more superior... and beautiful.

Great point. The swatstika has been around for centuries in almost every culture as a symbol of good luck and or fertility. I have enough sense to be sensitive to people that have an issue with it.

People that selfishly decide waving a flag is more important are the lowest scum of the earth and the main reason we have a lot of racial animosity in this country today.

Dumb ass.

The flag DOESN'T symbolize racism. We've been through this already and now you are demagoguing. YOU perceive it to symbolize racism because YOU are ignorant. NO ONE has argued that governments should be forced to fly the Confederate battle flag, moron.

It was used by southern state governments on their flags and public buildings in retaliation for integration and Civil Rights

You're a moron.

That was some rebuttal. Fabulist.

Dumb ass.

Well yes you are a dumb ass too but I prefer calling you a fabulist.

132766d1267319489-huge-civil-war-post-confederate-soldier-mud.jpg

The just reward for a racist traitor to this country!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5YfMzQtb1Y]Great Moments in Democrat Racist History-- the 1964 vote Count - YouTube[/ame]

The flag symbolizes racism

If racists want to fly it, they have a first amendment right to do so

But they don't have a right to force governments to do so

And we've covered each of these:

It was an official flag of a nation formed to protect slavery - INCORRECT
It was an official flag of the Confederate Army, a nation that stood for state rights.

it was adopted by the KKK - INCORRECT
The US Flag was adopted as the official flag of the KKK.

It was used by southern state governments on their flags and public buildings in retaliation for integration and Civil Rights - INCORRECT
It was used by southern state governments to honor the heritage of the south.

It was waved in the face of civil rights protesters to mock their civil rights - TRUE
But then, so was the US flag.

Yes, it is a racist symbol No, it's not. You view it as such because of ignorance.

It was an official flag of the Confederate Army, a nation that stood for state rights.

It was used by southern state governments on their flags and public buildings in retaliation for integration and Civil Rights - INCORRECT

It was waved in the face of civil rights protesters to mock their civil rights - TRUE

Yes, it is a racist symbol No, it's not. You view it as such because of ignorance.

Your self proclaimed victories are not convincing

I have posted the Constitution of the Confederacy. The only key difference with the US constitution is the protection of the institution of slavery. The confederacy was formed to protect slavery

The Klan marched under the US flag as a declaration of patriotism. They marched under the confederate flag as a declaration of racial superiority

I have posted the Constitution of the Confederacy. The only key difference with the US constitution is the protection of the institution of slavery. The confederacy was formed to protect slavery

The Klan marched under the US flag as a declaration of patriotism. They marched under the confederate flag as a declaration of racial superiority

Checkmate.jpg

The reason we have so much racial animosity today is because people like you won't let go of race. You've consciously decided to stereotype people on the basis of skin color, or worse... what kind of flag they wave or what geographical region they live in. It's more important to you to keep people divided and agitate anger between them because you see yourself as a victim because of your race.

By being how you are, you perpetuate more racial animosity, and brazenly admit that is your objective. The last thing on earth you want is racial harmony, unless it means all other races are subservient to yours, which isn't ever going to happen.

Getting rid of the Confederate flag is never going to end racism. If it would, I would gladly make the sacrifice to make that happen. If more government programs targeted to blacks and tilting the table more in favor of blacks would end racism, I would support that as well. The true ignorance is in believing this kind of stuff will ever end racism in America. The truth is, the ONLY way to end racism is by doing as Dr. King suggested and judging people by the content of character instead of color of skin... or where they live... or what flags they fly... or what color women they sleep with.

Until people like you stop looking at everything through the prism of race, that is never going to happen, and I don't think you really want that to happen. You LIKE having people divided, you LIKE playing the victim of oppression and hate. It gives you an excuse for your inability to succeed and lets you blame your faults on the actions of others.

After the Civil Rights Act of 1964, racist Democrats turned Republican. In an interview with Bill Moyers, President Johnson said, " "I think we just delivered the South to the Republican party for a long time to come." He sure hit the nail on the head.

Racism was very evident in the Republican party when Reagan was in office, starting with his "welfare queen" myth/lie. Then there was a Mr. Bennett, from Ronald Reagan's cabinet, who said "I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could--if that were your sole purpose--you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down."

And you'd have to be blind not to see racism among the teabaggers.

Bottom line

The Confederate flag is considered a racist symbol and is no longer welcome in public spaces. Those public entities that have chosen to blatantly disregard the current animosity towards the confederate flag face public retribution

Any private citizen still has a first amendment right to display the flag

The reason we have so much racial animosity today is because people like you won't let go of race. You've consciously decided to stereotype people on the basis of skin color, or worse... what kind of flag they wave or what geographical region they live in. It's more important to you to keep people divided and agitate anger between them because you see yourself as a victim because of your race.

By being how you are, you perpetuate more racial animosity, and brazenly admit that is your objective. The last thing on earth you want is racial harmony, unless it means all other races are subservient to yours, which isn't ever going to happen.

Getting rid of the Confederate flag is never going to end racism. If it would, I would gladly make the sacrifice to make that happen. If more government programs targeted to blacks and tilting the table more in favor of blacks would end racism, I would support that as well. The true ignorance is in believing this kind of stuff will ever end racism in America. The truth is, the ONLY way to end racism is by doing as Dr. King suggested and judging people by the content of character instead of color of skin... or where they live... or what flags they fly... or what color women they sleep with.

Until people like you stop looking at everything through the prism of race, that is never going to happen, and I don't think you really want that to happen. You LIKE having people divided, you LIKE playing the victim of oppression and hate. It gives you an excuse for your inability to succeed and lets you blame your faults on the actions of others.

People like you are the problem and always have been the reason for racial tension. You whine for others to accept your symbol of slavery as if somehow we are supposed to forget it stood for some inbred rednecks that wanted to keep Blacks enslaved. Sorry charlie. It wont happen. The onus is on your kind to get with the program. People like me will be there to keep a foot in your ass until the only place you can display the traitor flag proudly is your home. That I have no issue with.

Until you realize that any symbol of racism is something you should never display you will always be whining and playing the victim. Let me know when you are successful. I'd give my left nut to compare portfolios and lives to see who has done what but I already know you haven't done much more than the other white trailer trash in your trailer park.

The US Constitution also protected the institution of slavery as did the Supreme Court of the US, up until ratification of the 13th and 14th Amendments. Those came AFTER the CSA was no longer in existence. Then it was another century before the US Government found time to grant Civil Rights to black people. Again, the SCOTUS upheld Jim Crow laws and institutionalized racial discrimination, not the CSA.

You seem to know an awful lot about the motives of the KKK. From the only link that has been posted in this thread about the Klan and their flag, they clearly state the official flag is the US flag and no other shall fly above it. They are a racial supremacy group, every flag they fly is flown in the name of racial supremacy, not patriotism. You've not proven otherwise.

Thats before the Dems and the Repubs switched places due to the Southern Strategy. Regans campaign consultant Lee Atwater explains.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_8E3ENrKrQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_8E3ENrKrQ[/ame]

However that has nothing to do with the flag. You are just trying a diversion.

The idiots have been explained that a thousand times on this forum. Either they're too dumb to see the truth or refuse too.

The US Constitution also protected the institution of slavery as did the Supreme Court of the US, up until ratification of the 13th and 14th Amendments. Those came AFTER the CSA was no longer in existence. Then it was another century before the US Government found time to grant Civil Rights to black people. Again, the SCOTUS upheld Jim Crow laws and institutionalized racial discrimination, not the CSA.

You seem to know an awful lot about the motives of the KKK. From the only link that has been posted in this thread about the Klan and their flag, they clearly state the official flag is the US flag and no other shall fly above it. They are a racial supremacy group, every flag they fly is flown in the name of racial supremacy, not patriotism. You've not proven otherwise.

All that was about to change and the south knew it. That is why the formed their own nation to protect their right to own human beings as property

The flag was a symbol of that nation

You forgot a couple of things in your analysis.

The stars and stripes was not created to symbolize the fight to maintain slavery.

The confederate flag was created to specifically symbolize that fight.

The KKK never adopted the stars and stripes flag until they decided patriotism would be a better PR move all the while still using the traitor flag.

Black people nation wide died defending the stars and stripes on multiple occasions.

Forum List

Back