The Confederate Flag

Just curious

You guys all seem to come back with the same lame excuses. Do you troll the same racist web sites to get your stuff?

What I have seen in the last year

- You know, the first slave in America was owned by a black so therefore blacks have nothing to complain about slavery
- You know, white people were slaves too, so blacks have nothing to complain about slavery
- You know, blacks in Africa were involved in the slave trade, so blacks have nothing to complain about slavery
- You know, blacks served in the Confederate army, so blacks have nothing to complain about slavery
- You know, some states in the north had slaves, so slavery was not the fault of the south
- You know, the Civil War was not about slavery, it was about tarriffs

You guys are so predictable. Blacks were victims of slavery. The South is responsible for both the institution of slavery and following civil rights violations

The fact that the South was able to exert undue political influence to force their horrific practice on the rest of the country does not absolve them

I don't see where today's black has any reason to complain about slavery, since slavery was outlawed 150 years ago. As much as you want to blame the institution of slavery on the south, that just isn't the truth. Slavery existed because the US government allowed it to exist. Slavery continued to exist because the US Supreme Court upheld it. I just explained how Jim Crow laws following the Civil War were enabled, and it was through SCOTUS rulings and the executive policies of Progressive president Woodrow Wilson. The fact that Congress didn't find time to pass another Civil Rights Act until 1957 is not because the South had your nuts in a vice. You "stomped" us, remember?

Why do you keep saying "you guys" like we are all of the same viewpoint? I'm not here defending racist rhetoric. Slavery was horrible and deplorable. The discrimination against blacks for the century following the Civil War was terrible. That wasn't caused by the Confederate battle flag. The CSA never had anything to do with US policy, law, or ruling by US courts and actions by US presidents.

You're kidding right?

Poverty, just like wealth, is inherited.

We, as a country, had a policy of keeping Americans as slaves.

That made them less than nothing.

When they were finally freed? They started with nothing. And we as a country, had a defacto apartheid state.

It wasn't until the late 1960s that full equality was legislated and it wasn't up until very recently that legislation was recognized by a majority of Americans.

There's been very little attempt at parity and whatever policies have been put into place to address past injustices have been both meager and roundly attacked by conservatives.

So yeah..it's a valid complaint.

most white people were in poverty in the 1930s, you seem to forget that.

Most of the wealth acquired by people is spent in retirement just to live. Anything left over is spread out among several beneficiaries, so no it's not a valid complaint.

ps

what about the union soldiers who died?

and how did slaves get here except by being sold by blacks?

ps

low IQ is inherited as well

Last edited:
At one time it was a symbol of Confederate rebellion against our country

That changed. All those who loved the Confederate Heritage allowed their symbol to be used as a symbol of hatred and persecution of blacks. If they cared, they should have stood up and protested against their beloved flag being used that way. Instead, they joined in and cheered as the flag was used as a way to intimidate black protestors
Waving that flag came to symbolize not a love of confederate heritage but a way to show that you oppose Civil Rights, integration and equality of the races

Your beloved flag is no longer acceptable? Well, too bad. You deserve it

the UDC and SCV has " stood up and protested" , nevermind blacks are not being persecuted.

PS

everyone has civil rights, not just black people that includes the right to protest and express themselves

Do you have any evidence of the UDC and SCV protesting about the abuse of their beloved flag DURING the Civil Rights era?

Everyone has civil rights....except those who have them denied

whose rights are being denied when the confederate flag is displayed?

You dont see because you have a weird viewpoint. Slavery is still affecting the Black community. Pointing that out is not complaining. Its acknowledging a fact. The institution of slavery was fought for by the south. Yes we can blame that on the south. Who else would we blame it on? You can talk on for days and you cant change that fact. The flag belongs in a museum. Not out in public getting white guys beat up.

please explain how " slavery is still affecting the Black community"

this should be a hoot

Its been explained ad nauseam. If you dont get by now you simply dont have the intellect to understand things more complex than taking a dump.

if lies are explanations, you are correct

i don't mind people flying the confederate flag.

makes it easier to spot the assholes.

the UDC and SCV has " stood up and protested" , nevermind blacks are not being persecuted.

PS

everyone has civil rights, not just black people that includes the right to protest and express themselves

Do you have any evidence of the UDC and SCV protesting about the abuse of their beloved flag DURING the Civil Rights era?

You did not answer the question. You claim that UDC and SVC stood up and protested the use of the flag during Civil Rights era...I asked for proof

So far, FAIL on your part

You did not answer the question. You claim that UDC and SVC stood up and protested the use of the flag during Civil Rights era...I asked for proof

you can go to their web sites, but I doubt they had a web site that long ago. Can you prove otherwise?

Now answer my question. Whose rights are being denied when the confederate flag is displayed?

I don't see where today's black has any reason to complain about slavery, since slavery was outlawed 150 years ago. As much as you want to blame the institution of slavery on the south, that just isn't the truth. Slavery existed because the US government allowed it to exist. Slavery continued to exist because the US Supreme Court upheld it. I just explained how Jim Crow laws following the Civil War were enabled, and it was through SCOTUS rulings and the executive policies of Progressive president Woodrow Wilson. The fact that Congress didn't find time to pass another Civil Rights Act until 1957 is not because the South had your nuts in a vice. You "stomped" us, remember?

Why do you keep saying "you guys" like we are all of the same viewpoint? I'm not here defending racist rhetoric. Slavery was horrible and deplorable. The discrimination against blacks for the century following the Civil War was terrible. That wasn't caused by the Confederate battle flag. The CSA never had anything to do with US policy, law, or ruling by US courts and actions by US presidents.

You're kidding right?

When they were finally freed? They started with nothing. And we as a country, had a defacto apartheid state.

It wasn't until the late 1960s that full equality was legislated and it wasn't up until very recently that legislation was recognized by a majority of Americans.

There's been very little attempt at parity and whatever policies have been put into place to address past injustices have been both meager and roundly attacked by conservatives.

Most of the wealth acquired by people is spent in retirement just to live. Anything left over is spread out among several beneficiaries, so no it's not a valid complaint.

ps

ps

Did you have a point to make?

Because clearly, with this post, you've failed.

And utterly.

You're kidding right?

ps

ps

Did you have a point to make?

Because clearly, with this post, you've failed.

And utterly.

how much of your income have you donated to the poor oppressed black man?

you can go to their web sites, but I doubt they had a web site that long ago. Can you prove otherwise?

Now answer my question. Whose rights are being denied when the confederate flag is displayed?

So, more FAIL on your part

Looks like you were lying doesn't it?

So, more FAIL on your part

Looks like you were lying doesn't it?

it was you that moved the goalposts there buckwheat

We know we intimidate you. Dont worry. Just keep silent and we will walk right by you. :lol:

no, you amuse me with your state of denial

I never denied you were frightened. Please quote me on that. I know you are frightened. Thats why violence comes to mind when you think of Black people. You got that ass beat a lot. :lol:

really asslicker? you know that how?

ps

blacks are more violent than the KKK

PS

Here is where he moved the goal posts

no, you amuse me with your state of denial

I never denied you were frightened. Please quote me on that. I know you are frightened. Thats why violence comes to mind when you think of Black people. You got that ass beat a lot. :lol:

really asslicker? you know that how?

ps

blacks are more violent than the KKK

I know that because you are preoccupied with how violent Black people are. Thats what easily intimidated people focus on.

Here is where he moved the goal posts

Actually it is more FAIL on your part

I was discussing how the Confederate Battle Flag was used as a means of intimidating blacks during the Civil Right era and that nobody who is complaining about the "Heritage" of the flag complained

You chimed in that Sons and daughters of the Confederacy had. When I asked for proof, you repeatedly changed the subject

Forum List

Back