The Confederate Flag

Civil Rights counter protester showing where he stands

be026043.jpg

How do you know he's a counter protester? Did Obama tell you so?

the term "Black Dutch" can mean almost anything. It is a 'catch-all' identifier that has been used by several mixed cultural groups through the years.

it is troubling to me how much 'disinformation' has been taught regarding the Civil War

There are many things in our past to be ashamed of. The fact that our founding fathers weren't compelled to end slavery at the onset of this nation and it's constitution is probably first and foremost to me, but also, the way Italian and Irish immigrants were treated, the way Asian immigrants were treated, the way many Latino immigrants are still being treated. To me, the battle flag of the Confederacy is kind of a trivial thing to get your panties in a wad about. Especially when it comes to the point about banning it and removing it from public view.

Why not instead, use it as a learning tool? Recognizing the significance in both the Southern and Northern viewpoints surrounding the Civil War and why it was fought? Acknowledging that we don't have a right to not be offended by something? Understanding that tolerance is accepting something that may bother you? Finally, realizing that hiding away our symbols of the past in a dark closet is never going to change our history.

Sort of like white trash.

What dis or misinformation?

I don't have a problem with the confederate flag. What is the state flag of Alabama? That is a symbol of bigoted racist hatred too. Did black people help design it? Then get rid of it and make a new one. If you want, go back to the confederate flag. Every southern state should have a state flag of the confederacy surrounded by the red white and blue because we own you after the civil war. Of course you guys have never gotten over the ass whipping you got.

Just like the Germans in WW2, you guys should have won, but you did not. Know why? God was on our side.

Um, why should the South have won? The North had more arms, troops, supplies- pretty much everything except home-field advantage and competent officers.

Actually, I still say the South would have won if Jackson hadn't died after Chancellorsville.

Wow....a couple of blacks with the confederate flag

I guess that proves without a doubt that the flag is not a racist symbol

Come down south and you will find it's more than just a couple. But, stay ignorant if you want.

I'm a northerner but I see no problem with the flag.
Then again, I'm white and almost all of my ancestors from that time served with the Confederacy- one even becoming a Lieutenant General- so I might be kind of biased.

Oh slavery was an issue guys, please don't think I am claiming otherwise. However, it was more of an economic issue than a civil rights issue. Let's not pretend the Union was fighting for equality of the negro, because I assure you, that was not the case. It took another century for that battle to be fought.

From the Southern perspective, they had purchased slaves in good faith, it was perfectly legitimate in the eyes of the law and the SCOTUS had upheld that these slaves were property. It was no different than if people bought horses to do labor today and the government suddenly came along and indicated it was going to set all the horses free. Under the constitution and the rulings of SCOTUS, the Southerners had a legitimate complaint. It's abhorrent by today's standards, we think of it as reprehensible, and it is... TODAY! We can't go back in time and retroactively apply today's standards to the past. At the time of the Civil War, indeed, until AFTER the Civil War was over and we ratified the 13th and 14th Amendments, slavery in America was legal, legitimate and upheld by the SCOTUS and Congress.

No one here is making any excuses for, or trying to justify the institution of slavery. You can pretend that is what is happening if you like, but you're being dishonest. A lot of people like to try and "glorify" the North and imagine the South as a bunch of racist monsters who wanted to keep blacks in chains. The reason slaves were predominantly in the South is because that was how you harvested cotton, sugar cane and tobacco. If those crops could grow in the North, there would have been plenty of slaves there too.

To the point of your OP. The confederate flag is a reminder of that period for Black people and the flag of the traitors for others. I don't see any redeeming qualities except to use it to wipe toilets with. The south will never rise again so flying the flag is tantamount to treason if you want to look at it objectively even without the slavery issue.

That would be because you are a POS Racist Troll.

the term "Black Dutch" can mean almost anything. It is a 'catch-all' identifier that has been used by several mixed cultural groups through the years.

it is troubling to me how much 'disinformation' has been taught regarding the Civil War

There are many things in our past to be ashamed of. The fact that our founding fathers weren't compelled to end slavery at the onset of this nation and it's constitution is probably first and foremost to me, but also, the way Italian and Irish immigrants were treated, the way Asian immigrants were treated, the way many Latino immigrants are still being treated. To me, the battle flag of the Confederacy is kind of a trivial thing to get your panties in a wad about. Especially when it comes to the point about banning it and removing it from public view.

Why not instead, use it as a learning tool? Recognizing the significance in both the Southern and Northern viewpoints surrounding the Civil War and why it was fought? Acknowledging that we don't have a right to not be offended by something? Understanding that tolerance is accepting something that may bother you? Finally, realizing that hiding away our symbols of the past in a dark closet is never going to change our history.

Sort of like white trash.

What dis or misinformation?

I don't have a problem with the confederate flag. What is the state flag of Alabama? That is a symbol of bigoted racist hatred too. Did black people help design it? Then get rid of it and make a new one. If you want, go back to the confederate flag. Every southern state should have a state flag of the confederacy surrounded by the red white and blue because we own you after the civil war. Of course you guys have never gotten over the ass whipping you got.

Just like the Germans in WW2, you guys should have won, but you did not. Know why? God was on our side.

Um, why should the South have won? The North had more arms, troops, supplies- pretty much everything except home-field advantage and competent officers.

Actually, I still say the South would have won if Jackson hadn't died after Chancellorsville.
The vast majority of the northern troops were European conscripts bought with blood money to kill Americans. The north bought their victory over the south. Then they used their victory to enslave all Americans under federalist oppression with the civil war amendments.

Last edited:
Well now you are drawing parameters around your request to ensure your point can't be challenged. This is another common tactic of bigots.

The official flag of the KKK, to this day, is the American flag. Have you led the charge to file a lawsuit to protect the American flag from misrepresentation? So I guess we can assume the American flag stands as a symbol of racism because you are silent?

KKK-with-USA-flag.jpg

Again... let's be perfectly clear on what the law says regarding the use of a flag by any group or organization.... they are protected by the 1st Amendment of the Constitution. There is nothing that can be done from a legal perspective by the SCV or UDC to prohibit the use of the Confederate flag by any group for any purpose. These organizations have strongly condemned such usage and continue to do so. If you want to go check out some KKK forums, you will find they literally hate the SCV and UDC almost as much as they hate black people.

I have seen that picture many times. It is from the 1920s. The klan of the 50s and 60s switched to the confederate flag. So did any racist who wanted to make it clear where he stood on segregation and civil rights

They turned it into a flag of hate

Nope. Sorry. The klan does fly the Confederate flag, but they still regard the American flag as their 'official' flag. That has never been changed.

A-member-of-the-American--010.jpg

_75967545_copjvo8a.jpg

kkk1.jpg

03.30.14.24_525.jpg

kkk-rally4.jpg

As you can see, there is no time in the Klan's history where they didn't predominantly fly the American flag. So by your criteria, we can denounce the American flag as a symbol of race hate because the Klan has always considered it their 'official' flag, correct?

They turned it into a flag of hate.

The same applies to the American flag then. So long Old Glory! We can no longer honor you because the Klan has turned you into a symbol of something different than you were intended, and we are weak-minded morons who have to apply stereotypes and prejudice to entire groups of people on the basis of the actions of a few extremists.

The American flag has never been their official flag. It was used to pretend they were patriots. here is a link to the various flags they have used as official flags. i felt dirty just copying the link

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kkklan.com%2Ftrueflag.htm&ei=yXfaU4-kFcv5oAT2woL4Cg&usg=AFQjCNEAj_Xet5B_F7prRda3bP2beMx_VA&sig2=zTIgVqQ2kUZDTgsM1_UbXQ

The American flag has never been their official flag. It was used to pretend they were patriots. here is a link to the various flags they have used as official flags. i felt dirty just copying the link

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kkklan.com%2Ftrueflag.htm&ei=yXfaU4-kFcv5oAT2woL4Cg&usg=AFQjCNEAj_Xet5B_F7prRda3bP2beMx_VA&sig2=zTIgVqQ2kUZDTgsM1_UbXQ

From your link:

Now there remains one more TRUE flag of the Ku Klux Klan. We've covered the flag of the first Klan and the flag of the modern Klans, but what about the flag of the largest Klan? The great revival Klan of 1915-1944, which had the largest Klan membership, power, and influence ever, what was their True Klan flag? Imperial Wizard Simmons made it plain. He openly declared that there was but one official flag of the Ku Klux Klan and that was the Stars and Stripes. He made it Klan law that NO flag at any Klan function was to fly above it and NO flag was to fly equal to it. All flags would fly beneath the flag of the United States!

Seems to me the only people the flag is a symbol of racist hate for are the racist haters.

There are a lot of people that hate racists. What do you expect? If you are flying a flag that was used to express racists thoughts then you got what you asked for.

So I guess I can't fly an American flag anymore, right?

Why not? People dont associate the American flag with the KKK.

Seems to me the only people the flag is a symbol of racist hate for are the racist haters.

Its not me...its you!

Sorry, I am not a racist. If you read the OP, you understand that I can't be a racist. There is no one for me to be racist against. My family lineage runs the gamut. I am Cherokee, Choctaw, African, Asian, Creole and Black Dutch.

You, on the other hand, have expressed repeated views that are nothing more than prejudiced stereotypes of entire groups. I suspect this is normal for you, as is the case with most racist bigots. Of course, you're far too much of a coward to openly admit your racism, you had rather hide behind scapegoats.

There are a lot of people that hate racists. What do you expect? If you are flying a flag that was used to express racists thoughts then you got what you asked for.

I don't associate the Confederate flag with the KKK. Only ignorant people do that.

I don't associate the Confederate flag with the KKK. Only ignorant people do that.

It is not just the KKK..

It is racists, hate groups, separatists and anyone else who wants to keep "negroes" in their place

It is a symbol of hate and has no business being displayed on public buildings

From your link:

Now there remains one more TRUE flag of the Ku Klux Klan. We've covered the flag of the first Klan and the flag of the modern Klans, but what about the flag of the largest Klan? The great revival Klan of 1915-1944, which had the largest Klan membership, power, and influence ever, what was their True Klan flag? Imperial Wizard Simmons made it plain. He openly declared that there was but one official flag of the Ku Klux Klan and that was the Stars and Stripes. He made it Klan law that NO flag at any Klan function was to fly above it and NO flag was to fly equal to it. All flags would fly beneath the flag of the United States!

That fits with what we have been telling you. So they admit they later tried to adopt it as their flag? One guy making a declaration doesnt change what the actuality was.

Its not me...its you!

Sorry, I am not a racist. If you read the OP, you understand that I can't be a racist. There is no one for me to be racist against. My family lineage runs the gamut. I am Cherokee, Choctaw, African, Asian, Creole and Black Dutch.

You, on the other hand, have expressed repeated views that are nothing more than prejudiced stereotypes of entire groups. I suspect this is normal for you, as is the case with most racist bigots. Of course, you're far too much of a coward to openly admit your racism, you had rather hide behind scapegoats.

LOL...Its not me...it YOU who are racist
Wwhat a pussy you have been on this thread. And yes, you are not exempt from racism

Black Dutch my ass

Forum List

Back