The Cup of Stanley 10-11

Quite a game. Nice win.

The 2nd period was great as we outscored them 5-1... It was nice to see them break out the scoring but, what concerns me is they outscored us 2-1 in the 1st and 2-0 in the 3rd. A little too close for comfort at the end there! :eusa_eh:

That first period, the first goal, was all thomas. It was horrible, I just took my first sip of my sam adams and BAM, the green light is going off...surreal.

Yeah I was NOT IMPRESSED with the bruins defenders last night. They left thomas out to dry a few too many times.

I don't know if I blame that first goal on Thomas. The puck took a perfect bounce from behind the net to land right on Hall's stick. They could do that another 100 times, and it probably wouldn't happen again. Also the defensemen (forget who it was on Hall), should have been on him a little more, get your stick in there, or do so something-let him know you're there.

I'm not so sure any NHL goalie would have had that 1st goal. With that said Thomas needs to pick it up in the series. At least Rask is good enough to play a game or two if needed.

The 2nd period was great as we outscored them 5-1... It was nice to see them break out the scoring but, what concerns me is they outscored us 2-1 in the 1st and 2-0 in the 3rd. A little too close for comfort at the end there! :eusa_eh:

That first period, the first goal, was all thomas. It was horrible, I just took my first sip of my sam adams and BAM, the green light is going off...surreal.

Yeah I was NOT IMPRESSED with the bruins defenders last night. They left thomas out to dry a few too many times.

I don't know if I blame that first goal on Thomas. The puck took a perfect bounce from behind the net to land right on Hall's stick. They could do that another 100 times, and it probably wouldn't happen again. Also the defensemen (forget who it was on Hall), should have been on him a little more, get your stick in there, or do so something-let him know you're there.

I'm not so sure any NHL goalie would have had that 1st goal. With that said Thomas needs to pick it up in the series. At least Rask is good enough to play a game or two if needed.

He just wasn't in position with the puck behind the net is all. I was RIGHT BEHIND him, lol.

GO BRUINS!

I lost my voice last night and have a hangover.......getting old sucks :lol:

I was posting and watching the game last night. Saw you were attending. Must have been awesome.

it was way down, then up, then WAY THE F down, then up, up, up, up and away...then meh..then oh crap its 6-5, oh crap oh crap oh crap :lol:

Then finally it was WOOOOO HOOOOOOO :woohoo:

GO BRUINS!

I lost my voice last night and have a hangover.......getting old sucks :lol:

I was posting and watching the game last night. Saw you were attending. Must have been awesome.

it was way down, then up, then WAY THE F down, then up, up, up, up and away...then meh..then oh crap its 6-5, oh crap oh crap oh crap :lol:

Then finally it was WOOOOO HOOOOOOO :woohoo:

Nothing like playoff game atmosphere.

The Bruins are back in the series, which is nice.

But I'd feel a lot more confident about their chances if they could have played a 0-0 third period.

They have to shut down tampa from scoring more than 1 or 2 goals for a game.

Exactly. Getting into a shootout with the Lightning is NOT going to be to Boston's advantage. That will play right into Tampa Bay's strengths. You're not going to beat them 6-5 too many times. The Bruins need to come out and SHUT THEM DOWN for the first 20 minutes. Claude "The Fraud" Julien also needs to get it through his head that playing "Prevent Defense" doesn't work any better for protecting a lead in the NHL than it does in the NFL. Especially against a team with as much scoring power as Tampa Bay has.

They have to shut down tampa from scoring more than 1 or 2 goals for a game.

Exactly. Getting into a shootout with the Lightning is NOT going to be to Boston's advantage. That will play right into Tampa Bay's strengths. You're not going to beat them 6-5 too many times. The Bruins need to come out and SHUT THEM DOWN for the first 20 minutes. Claude "The Fraud" Julien also needs to get it through his head that playing "Prevent Defense" doesn't work any better for protecting a lead in the NHL than it does in the NFL. Especially against a team with as much scoring power as Tampa Bay has.

And they need to put SHOTS ON NET!!!! even bad ones just for the rebounds.

And on the powerplay PARK SOMEONE in front of the darn goalie!

And they need to put SHOTS ON NET!!!! even bad ones just for the rebounds.

And on the powerplay PARK SOMEONE in front of the darn goalie!

Don't even get me started on the inability of Bruins players to actually hit the 24 square feet that comprise the face of the net. That's been an issue for my entire life. The Bruins have been some of the worst shots in the league for years.

As for parking someone in front of the net... You're absolutely correct. I came up with a means to reinforce that a couple years ago.... In the practice arena you imbed kind of an invisible dog fence wire in the ice around the front of the net. All the forwards get a shock collar. At any time that there is no forward in that area in front of the net for more than 3 seconds they ALL get a 20K volt shock. THAT might finally get it into their heads that you STAY THERE.

Of course in reality the biggest problem is that Claude "The Fraud" so de-empahasizes OFFENSE that his third forward (the guy who should be in front of the net) is generally expected to be skating backwards towards the blue line to ensure there isn't an odd man rush going the other way if the wingers lose the battle in the corner.

I'll be watching tonight

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btYmZbrFt18&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Flem - Black And Yellow (Boston Remix)‬‏[/ame]

:woohoo:

I remember when cable first came out, for some reason one of the chanels I got was SBK. I don't know why, I lived in jersey at the time. But it carried all the bruins games and I became a bruins fan

I'll be watching tonight

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btYmZbrFt18&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Flem - Black And Yellow (Boston Remix)‬‏[/ame]

:woohoo:

I remember when cable first came out, for some reason one of the chanels I got was SBK. I don't know why, I lived in jersey at the time. But it carried all the bruins games and I became a bruins fan

darn it i gave out too much rep....i owe you some Black and Gold rep

Forum List

Back