The Dangers of Creationism

I would actually like to know where this idiot gets the assertion that God created everything to eat plant by the way. That does not sound like it has any basis in anything including the Christian faith. The bible certainly does not support the position that God does not want man to eat meat so then it is obvious that he did not create all things to eat plants.

I have a feeling this idiot is just trying to justify what he lives by.

Keeping it in a biblical tense what do you think the meat eaters ate on Noah's ark?
oh and one more thing.
“The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. 7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. 9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.”
Isaiah 11:6-9 (King James Version)
really? noah's ark?

fun fact: the biomass of just the insects would have capsized the ark.
then again since it's a fantasy anything is possible.

I would actually like to know where this idiot gets the assertion that God created everything to eat plant by the way. That does not sound like it has any basis in anything including the Christian faith. The bible certainly does not support the position that God does not want man to eat meat so then it is obvious that he did not create all things to eat plants.

I have a feeling this idiot is just trying to justify what he lives by.

Keeping it in a biblical tense what do you think the meat eaters ate on Noah's ark?
oh and one more thing.
“The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. 7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. 9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.”
really? noah's ark?

There's a link in this threads that discredits your opinion but believe what you want.

oh and one more thing.
really? noah's ark?

There's a link in this threads that discredits your opinion but believe what you want.
is it a link to a creationist /christian site?
if so it discredits nothing as it's not science or fact..however like all those sites it does highlight the willful ignorance and gullibility of anyone who buys into it!

really? noah's ark?

if so it discredits nothing as it's not science or fact..however like all those sites it does highlight the willful ignorance and gullibility of anyone who buys into it!

Check it out is all I can say. You do have a brain don't you?

Check it out is all I can say. You do have a brain don't you?
I already have,that and countless others.

There is certainly supporting evidence for the flood. It is simply man looks to men for their answer... Some people cannot accept the supernatural or the divine. So, they design a secular story...

Suppressing knowledge can be very dangerous. When Pope Benedict XV claimed that condoms would make the Aids crisis worse we saw the the opposite was true. These "beliefs" killed off thousands. We've also seen in the news where parents do not get medical attention for their children because they would rather pray for them and their children die because of this neglect. Having a belief in the supernatural can be very potentially dangerous if it is abused, especially by those with power.

The opposite is true here. Birthrates skyrocketed in the high school when they had free comdom vending machines. The reason why it skyrocketed was because few people like wearing condoms because skin feels better than latex and the kids didn't wear them. Officials already encouraged the use by giving them out and kids are getting HPV and oral cancer from oral sex which keeps pregnancy down but distributes disease another way.

There is certainly supporting evidence for the flood. It is simply man looks to men for their answer... Some people cannot accept the supernatural or the divine. So, they design a secular story...

Or....conversely, there WAS a massive flood in the near East many millenia ago, and the story telles of the cultures of that time worked it into their lore and the stories to be passed down from generation to generation. The writers of the Old Testatment all believe that everything that happened was by the grace or will or wrath of YHWH, the Lord, the living God that they knew, so it is only natural that they would have stories of the great flood in their mythology as well.

That is my preferred/adopted explanation for the Story of Noah.

Or, with no way to dispute it, the story is true at least as much as the people who were there could discern. A God capable of bringing a great flood upon civilization would certainly be capable of designing and working out a way for all the critters that had to be saved to be saved.

How does it harm me in any way that some believe the story happened? How does it harm Daws in any way that some believe the story happened? How is that in any way dangerous?

And why is it so important to some to ridicule and demean and dismiss as delusional those who believe? Seems to be that those who are unwilling to live and let live are far more a problem for society than those who believe a story in the Bible.

Suppressing knowledge can be very dangerous. When Pope Benedict XV claimed that condoms would make the Aids crisis worse we saw the the opposite was true. These "beliefs" killed off thousands. We've also seen in the news where parents do not get medical attention for their children because they would rather pray for them and their children die because of this neglect. Having a belief in the supernatural can be very potentially dangerous if it is abused, especially by those with power.

The opposite is true here. Birthrates skyrocketed in the high school when they had free comdom vending machines. The reason why it skyrocketed was because few people like wearing condoms because skin feels better than latex and the kids didn't wear them. Officials already encouraged the use by giving them out and kids are getting HPV and oral cancer from oral sex which keeps pregnancy down but distributes disease another way.

Yes. High profile people with influence do have a special responsibility to use that influence responsibly. It is no secret that the dogma of the Roman Catholic Church has long preached abstinance, fidelity, and sanctity of life. And while we may disagree with the Pontiff appearing to speak against condoms--he actually didn't--he only said they would not cure the problem. And who can argue with his observations that promiscuity, prostitution, human trafficking, high divorce rates, etc. have contributed to sub Sahara Africa having 2/3 of the known AIDS cases in the world as well as being plagued with other sexually transmitted diseases.

He is right that those who are uninfected who abstain from sex or who are faithful in a monogamous relationship with an uninfected person will not develop or transmit such sexually transmitted diseases. However much some do not wish to see that as a solution, does not change the fact that it is a valid solution.

I have long opposed highschools making condoms available to minors because it is tacit approval of kids having sex with each other. Tell them if they have sex to use condoms, yes. But at the same time tell them the condoms are not fool proof to protect them from pregnancy or disease and there is absolutely nothing wrong with not having sex with somebody you aren't 100% sure of or limiting it to somebody you marry.

And my opinions on that are no more 'dangerous' than are my opinions on Creationism.

false ...

Truth though the evidence is not in a strict biblical interpretation.

PBS - Scientific American Frontiers | Beneath the Sea | Noah's Flood

One possible origin to the world wide flood in the bible.

Which again would explain why every ancient culture in that part of the world has a flood story in their mythology, each putting their own twist on it in their mythology. That the ancient Hebrews would also have such a story is not at all remarkable, and it gives us important insight into their world view of God's creation, sin, judgment, and redemption that is repeated throughout the Old Testament coupled with artistic license to illustrate why things are the way they are.

Again I don't think they took a lot of it literally any more than we take our legends of Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett, Paul Bunyon et al all that seriously. But all our legends intertwined into our unique American culture are all based on some concept of actual persons or groups of people or something everybody can relate to. And even when they are just related for fun, they have value in teaching courage and resourcefulness and other positive human traits.

false ...

Truth though the evidence is not in a strict biblical interpretation.

PBS - Scientific American Frontiers | Beneath the Sea | Noah's Flood

One possible origin to the world wide flood in the bible.
thanks! funny how every time I've brought up the creation of the black sea, our resident believers say it's the devils work.

Forum List

Back