The Dangers of Creationism

false ...

Truth though the evidence is not in a strict biblical interpretation.

PBS - Scientific American Frontiers | Beneath the Sea | Noah's Flood

One possible origin to the world wide flood in the bible.
thanks! funny how every time I've brought up the creation of the black sea, our resident believers say it's the devils work.

Really? I wonder why? I have never heard that claim before. There are those that believe the Noah story as literal but that does not mean that they claim the black sea is some sort of devil concoction. That seems rather extreme.

Whether Noah Flood happened or not, the black sea DID happen.

I already have,that and countless others.

Very well then live your faith as you choose.
I have no "faith"..actual evidence debunks the noah myth completely!

Does it? You have personally determined what the dimensions of a Biblical cubit are and have done the pretty complicated formulas to determine the total height, weight, capacity, and engineered stability of the Ark? You have personally researched how the simple sheep herders, farmers, and fishermen of that day could have come up with the dimensions and specifications for the Ark listed in the Bible? (That alone in their day was pretty impressive.) And then you have done the botanical and biological research to learn what creatures might not have needed an ark to survive a massive global flood and which ones would have needed rescue?

Or do you depend on others to tell you what the actual evidence is that debunks the concept of the Ark?

And you say you have no faith?

News flash. You may believe that the Biblical account is bunk, but it is a belief that requires faith in something that you didn't figure out all by yourself.

Last edited:

Does it? You have personally determined what the dimensions of a Biblical cubit are and have done the pretty complicated formulas to determine the total height, weight, capacity, and engineered stability of the Ark? You have personally researched how the simple sheep herders, farmers, and fishermen of that day could have come up with the dimensions and specifications for the Ark listed in the Bible? (That alone in their day was pretty impressive.) And then you have done the botanical and biological research to learn what creatures might not have needed an ark to survive a massive global flood and which ones would have needed rescue?

Or do you depend on others to tell you what the actual evidence is that debunks the concept of the Ark?

News flash. You may believe that the Biblical account is bunk, but you have faith in something that you didn't figure out all by yourself.

Please don't try and shake his faith in humanism it just wouldn't be nice.

News flash. You may believe that the Biblical account is bunk, but you have faith in something that you didn't figure out all by yourself.

Please don't try and shake his faith in humanism it just wouldn't be nice.

I am not trying to shake his faith at all. I don't really CARE what anybody believes about the Ark so long as he or she allows others to believe what they believe about all that.

I was just reassuring him that he is wrong that he doesn't have belief based on faith. :)

News flash. You may believe that the Biblical account is bunk, but it is a belief that requires faith in something that you didn't figure out all by yourself.
another classic false assumption.
the arks' stats: 450ft long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high.
if it existed it would not be sufficiently large to hold 2 of every land creature, non ocean going birds,amphibians and any other living thing that could not live in brackish or salt water.
also the techniques and technology need to build the ark were non existent at the time of it's alleged construction,
n genesis 6:13-16, the bible gives these measuremeants: "The length of the ark [shall be] three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits."

the widely accepted value of a cubit would give conservative measurements of 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high.

here is a link to one of the largest functioning wooden ships ever built, a six-masted schooner called "wyoming" -- http://uh.edu/engines/epi2492.htm

the actual ship, not including the jib boom or anything, was about 330 feet long and 50 feet wide with a 33 foot hold depth, so noah's ark allegedly was about 50 percent bigger than the wyoming.

the wyoming would visibly undulate with the rolling waves in the water because it was so long, even with its 90 diagonal iron cross-bracings on each side. this twisting would allow water into the hold and it required pumps to make sure it didn't sink. it eventually sunk anyway.

you want fries with that?

Last edited:
how can I deny something I don't possess ?

Silly I'm not busting you for your faith I would never do that.
what's silly is you trying equate your faith [feyth]
belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
to my non faith..no belief..

No one is busting your chops on your faith in humanism so why do you leave others to their own faith?

belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.

No one is busting your chops on your faith in humanism so why do you leave others to their own faith?
really? if you're not trying to harass me and others who don't share your need to equate opposites, then why are you making false declarations ?
is your faith so weak that it embarasses you to have it questioned?

Seems he wants to control what others think, it's a liberal thing. But, I've praying for him, it may take some time, but.......

Seems he wants to control what others think, it's a liberal thing. But, I've praying for him, it may take some time, but.......

Good he needs it, just like I do.

really? if you're not trying to harass me and others who don't share your need to equate opposites, then why are you making false declarations ?
Who started this discussion between you and me? You were the one that spoke up first.
My faith is my faith nothing you can say will change that it will only start arguing when you do.

and that would be another false assumption..it's not a liberal thing..From what and the way you folks post you don't jack shit about what's liberal or how to think.
praying for me assumes there's a problem of defect that can be repaired by and imaginary sky faire.
it also assumes a false superiority. ..
when it's really an act of self serving condescension ...

Good he needs it, just like I do.
praying for me assumes there's a problem of defect that can be repaired by and imaginary sky faire.

Who started this discussion between you and me? You were the one that spoke up first.
My faith is my faith nothing you can say will change that it will only start arguing when you do.
I'm not attempting to change your faith ..and your answer is a dodge!

I'm not attempting to change your faith ..and your answer is a dodge!

If you're not move on, see how that works? Leave this thread.

and that would be another false assumption..it's not a liberal thing..From what and the way you folks post you don't jack shit about what's liberal or how to think.

Nope, it's my belief, no superiority or self serving condescension.
Religion has made a huge difference in my life since I turned to it.
It was always there, it brought me out of the dark.....nothing more I could add to that.

Forum List

Back