The Deal has Been Made

@ "don't be fooled"? :lol:

the repercussions of a trump presidency would be a vast net negative for Americans.

rational people whose minds aren't wasted in a forum echo chamber realize this fact.

He's actually right Jim. The GOPe has already said they will vote for Clinton over Trump. All they care about is keeping their little club intact. They don't care if they lose the election, don't be fooled. Americans (those voting against Clinton) care very much, but the GOPe does not. Actions tell the whole story. You needn't dig very deep.
And they will trash their 'brand' in the minds of voters whether they realize it or not.
Oh they realize it Jim, but again--it doesn't matter. If they cared about the 'brand' so much this stuff wouldn't be happening.

Valerie are you a Republican? Serious question.

i'm an unenrolled independent who votes on both sides, depending.

my opinions are more conservative than the average liberal and more liberal than the average conservative.

i don't need to take a survey to know my own opinion which comes straight off the top of my head.

The votes don't lie. Trump is not getting over 50%.

Trump is getting around 36% in the national polls, Cruz around 22% and Rubio and Kasich around 15%. The logic that says Trump has 70% that dont like him based on such polls is absurd, since that also implies that 78% dislike Cruz, and 85% dislike Kasich and Rubio.

But the fact is that people tend to like multiple candidates and only refuse to vote for one or maybe two candidates. I most like Cruz, but I am OK with Trump and Kasich also, and that is what I am hearing from most of my friends as well. I do know some political types why loathe Trump, even Cruz people, but that is the nature of the game when you are involved in the political system. One tends to put blinders on that favor only their chosen candidate. Other than their chosen one, they dont like any other candidates especially the other candidates that are kicking their asses.

But regular voters are not like that, and when Rubio drops out, most of his support will go to Cruz, about 2/3rds, but some surveys ahve shown if Cruz drops out, most of his people go to Trump, not Rubio or Kasich.

Just because they do not vote for a candidate as their first choice, it does not follow that they will not support their opponent in the general elections.

The reason why it's possible for the other candidates to swing this thing to Cruz is that as despicable a human being Cruz is, he is still a Republican and Donald is not. He's talking about not cutting middle class entitlements and raising taxes on the 1%. That's heresy.

You are drinking too much of the Democratic Kool Aid. Screwing the middle class is a neocon agenda, not most Republicans.

Now his actual tax plan doesn't do that, and his actual policy statements are pure crap, but what he's saying is something no goper ever thought they'd hear. It may be a winning strategy, but it's apostasy

roflmao, sure thing Nemo

This is how politics are played.

This is the hand the Republicans have dealt themselves.

Cruz is working had in the other states and leaving OH to Kasich and FL to Rubio.

We will see how strong is the 'never Trump' feeling.
They are both winner take all states. Trump has Florida in the bag and Ohio will be close.

Since neither Rubio nor Cruz have a chance in Ohio they have no reason to even try.

He's actually right Jim. The GOPe has already said they will vote for Clinton over Trump. All they care about is keeping their little club intact. They don't care if they lose the election, don't be fooled. Americans (those voting against Clinton) care very much, but the GOPe does not. Actions tell the whole story. You needn't dig very deep.
And they will trash their 'brand' in the minds of voters whether they realize it or not.
Oh they realize it Jim, but again--it doesn't matter. If they cared about the 'brand' so much this stuff wouldn't be happening.
That is why they need to swept from their positions of leadership so that those who are committed to the Republican Party can restore and revitalize it.

That is why they need to swept from their positions of leadership so that those who are committed to the Republican Party can restore and revitalize it.
I think we are seeing it move in that direction...whats happening is an indictment of the Republican Party.

My position is that Marco Rubio is a once-in-a-generation candidate....brilliant, savvy, young with boundless energy, and a true, red blooded patriot. None of the others come close to his charisma and hard-eyed bastard personality when he needs to be. He can bring an entire generation of hispanics and wavering liberals into our tent. It's so obvious, these last few weeks have me shaking my head about the state of our America...how can this guy not be our next president?????

@ "don't be fooled"? :lol:

the repercussions of a trump presidency would be a vast net negative for Americans.

rational people whose minds aren't wasted in a forum echo chamber realize this fact.
As opposed to our current paradise.

My position is that Marco Rubio is a once-in-a-generation candidate....brilliant, savvy, young with boundless energy, and a true, red blooded patriot. None of the others come close to his charisma and hard-eyed bastard personality when he needs to be. He can bring an entire generation of hispanics and wavering liberals into our tent. It's so obvious, these last few weeks have me shaking my head about the state of our America...how can this guy not be our next president?????
Rubio is an Open Borders, Globalist scumbag...which is a good thing if one lives by their Stock Portfolio.
Brilliant? My butt cheeks have more brains than Rubio.

The plan to stop Trump has been executed.

In short Cruz is pulling out of Florida and Ohio, Rubios spoxs says Rubio supporters should vote for John Kasich in Ohio, Rubio plants himself in Florida and Kasich does the same in Ohio. National Review will be endorsing Cruz.

Will this backfire or will it work? Grab the popcorn come Tuesday.

To see all the details click [HERE]

I think we are hearing tin hats now. The only thing that would even come close to substantiating this theory, is Rubio spokes people suggesting that his supporters vote Kasich in Ohio, besides that, it is a bunch of innuendo.

Why?

Can Cruz win Florida? Not a chance. Can Rubio win Ohio, or for that matter Cruz by the polls? No way. Can Kasich have any chance, to win anything but Ohio? Not unless you are smoking something that is not tobacco on Tuesday. So what is the point?

Now, if someone said they were REMOVING their names for consideration from the ballot, well then maybe. But because they are exiting a winner take all set of states they obviously have no chance of winning, I don't think so.

To think that 4 days before the primary in Florida that everything can be re-aligned by these 3 guys is ridiculous political thinking. Now in Ohio, I always expected Kasich to win, so I see no change there, and if he doesn't win, then Trump is the nominee.

And seriously, and with all due respect-----------> If Trump can't win one of the two against 2 totally different people who are polling at next to NOTHING, then why should we believe he should win the nomination, even if it is their home state? (especially since Florida is basically considered his surrogate home state) I mean honestly, you are putting the power of Trump up against 1 man in each race. If his appeal is that weak, then maybe we should start rethinking, wouldn't you say!
Trump's supporters greatly outnumber the supporters of any one candidate. How many actual supporters do you think Romney had?

This is just a childish attempt to stop the only guy actually winning anything and it proves that Rubio and Kasich are at least as unprincipled as they accuse Trump of being, if not more.

Nah, you are taking it to personal, it is called POLITICS.

If Trump changes tactics as he started last night to do, the left is done. Their candidate can't get anyone out, and he is getting 20% of those they do get out to vote for him.

They continue to look at this % of this group, and this % of that group. It appears that Trump is appealing to Americans across a wide swath, which kind of throws their numbers into irrelevance as far as per group.

I am NOT an avid Trump supporter, but am certainly admiring how he has managed this, with certainly more to come, since he has kept most of his powder dry on the Democrats, so far. I know the lefties don't want to admit it, but this is a different kind of person running against them. One that can draw voters from deep inside their own base. To put an "over-under" on this election, would be the height of arrogance by any political pundit on opinion based realities.

This guy is going to change the rules, and every "handler" of political candidates is going to learn something this time around!

Rubio is an Open Borders, Globalist scumbag...which is a good thing if one lives by their Stock Portfolio.
Brilliant? My butt cheeks have more brains than Rubio.

Hopefully your "butt cheeks" are where your brain landed when they dropped you on your head and stood you back up as a wee lad.

The plan to stop Trump has been executed.

In short Cruz is pulling out of Florida and Ohio, Rubios spoxs says Rubio supporters should vote for John Kasich in Ohio, Rubio plants himself in Florida and Kasich does the same in Ohio. National Review will be endorsing Cruz.

Will this backfire or will it work? Grab the popcorn come Tuesday.

To see all the details click [HERE]

I am loving watching the GOP soap opera this year- Netflix couldn't have made a more entertaining mini-series.

The votes don't lie. Trump is not getting over 50%.

Trump is getting around 36% in the national polls, Cruz around 22% and Rubio and Kasich around 15%. The logic that says Trump has 70% that dont like him based on such polls is absurd, since that also implies that 78% dislike Cruz, and 85% dislike Kasich and Rubio.

But the fact is that people tend to like multiple candidates and only refuse to vote for one or maybe two candidates. I most like Cruz, but I am OK with Trump and Kasich also, and that is what I am hearing from most of my friends as well. I do know some political types why loathe Trump, even Cruz people, but that is the nature of the game when you are involved in the political system. One tends to put blinders on that favor only their chosen candidate. Other than their chosen one, they dont like any other candidates especially the other candidates that are kicking their asses.

But regular voters are not like that, and when Rubio drops out, most of his support will go to Cruz, about 2/3rds, but some surveys ahve shown if Cruz drops out, most of his people go to Trump, not Rubio or Kasich.

Just because they do not vote for a candidate as their first choice, it does not follow that they will not support their opponent in the general elections.

The reason why it's possible for the other candidates to swing this thing to Cruz is that as despicable a human being Cruz is, he is still a Republican and Donald is not. He's talking about not cutting middle class entitlements and raising taxes on the 1%. That's heresy.

You are drinking too much of the Democratic Kool Aid. Screwing the middle class is a neocon agenda, not most Republicans.

Now his actual tax plan doesn't do that, and his actual policy statements are pure crap, but what he's saying is something no goper ever thought they'd hear. It may be a winning strategy, but it's apostasy

roflmao, sure thing Nemo

Oh wait. You actually think the tax plan he announced actually raises his taxes? LOL
A vote for Donald Trump is a big gamble on the unknown

Forum List

Back