The Death Rattle Of A Nation

Christ seemed to have no problem with the slaughter of the natives to establish this nation....

The vast majority of deaths by Native Americans was not due to slaughter but disease.

The US government, which took blankets off the beds of soldiers dying from smallpox, and gave them to the Indians, might have had something to do with that.

Hey asshole...excuse my rudeness but this bogus claim you make has been dealt with already....you are a day late and a dollar short. Try and keep up before you come on here and demonstrate your pathetic ignorance.

Next!!!

Christ seemed to have no problem with the slaughter of the natives to establish this nation....

The vast majority of deaths by Native Americans was not due to slaughter but disease.

So this "disease"....it created the reservations, too? And the native Americans went voluntarily to these reservations sort of like tuberculosis patients would go to into sanatoriums?

....next illiterate and uneducated right winger......

When you learn to write a coherent response ....please get back with us. Until then ...................Sayonora Chump. heh heh

I'm a little confused. I keep reading that the nation is collapsing due to an upcoming civil war, or because we are going bankrupt, or because we are not spending enough on the navy, or because of loose morals and homosexuals, and because we are being overrun to illegal immigrants, or because Obama is trying to destroy it. Yet, my stock just keeps going up, no other nation on earth is capable of winning a war against us, business is humming along, my standard of living is higher than it has ever been, energy, water and food is affordable, and everyone has access to health care. Just when is this collapse going to occur?

Let me quote an excerpt from an editorial in a major metropolitan newspapee

I don't know how many times I have to repeat this on this forum, but why is it that the right, even so-called religious people on the right, find the need to lie through their teeth in order to make a point?

That wasn't an "editorial". It was an essay.

The Judgment of Judah and Jerusalem - Thru the Bible with Dr. J. Vernon McGee

And I really don't think that a mention of Dr. McGee's name is a proper citation of his work and is, indeed, in violation of this forum's rules.

POST REPORTED.

The US government, which took blankets off the beds of soldiers dying from smallpox, and gave them to the Indians, might have had something to do with that.

Hey asshole...excuse my rudeness but this bogus claim you make has been dealt with already....you are a day late and a dollar short. Try and keep up before you come on here and demonstrate your pathetic ignorance.

Next!!!

Well, as long as we are calling each other childish names, douchbag, here are the facts;

The Straight Dope: Did whites ever give Native Americans blankets infected with smallpox?

Next!!!

Well, as long as we are calling each other childish names, douchbag, here are the facts;

The Straight Dope: Did whites ever give Native Americans blankets infected with smallpox?

Again Chump.............try and keep up..............that article has been posted and dealt with already....you come in late for class and try and get uppity...bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm a little confused. I keep reading that the nation is collapsing due to an upcoming civil war, or because we are going bankrupt, or because we are not spending enough on the navy, or because of loose morals and homosexuals, and because we are being overrun to illegal immigrants, or because Obama is trying to destroy it. Yet, my stock just keeps going up, no other nation on earth is capable of winning a war against us, business is humming along, my standard of living is higher than it has ever been, energy, water and food is affordable, and everyone has access to health care. Just when is this collapse going to occur?

during the rapture...

The so-called "death rattle" refers to a gurgling sound that individuals often make during the dying process. When people are no longer able to swallow or cough, saliva builds up in the back of the throat and the airways causing a "rattling" sound when air passes through.

The sound many sensitive,discerning and thoughtful politically astute people are hearing from America today is very similar to a 'death rattle'.

The historian Gibbon concluded that there were five reasons for the decline and fall of Rome.

(1) The undermining of the dignity and sanctity of the home, which is the basis of human society.

(2) Higher and higher taxes; the spending of public money for free bread and circuses for the populace.

(3) The mad craze for pleasure; sports becoming every year more exciting, more brutal, more immoral.

(4) The building of great armaments when the great enemy was within; the decay of individual responsibility.

(5) The decay of religion, fading into mere form, losing touch with life, losing power to guide the people.

The first step in a nation's decline is religious apostasy, a turning from the living and true God. The second step downward for a nation is moral awfulness. The third step downward is political anarchy.

A great many people in the United States today think that our problem is in Washington, D.C. — I don't think so. Another group of people feel that if people could be reformed, if we could get people to act nicely, not be violent and not steal, if we could just lift our moral standards, then that would solve our problems. Again, I don't think that is the problem. Very frankly, I believe that the problem in this country is religious apostasy. The problem is out yonder with you and right here with me. The problem is that the church has failed to give God's message. I am not talking about every church or your church necessarily. There are many Bible-teaching churches across this country which have wonderful pastors who are standing for God — and I thank God for them. But the great denominations, by and large, have now departed from the faith. They have come to the place where they no longer give an effective message to the nation. As a result, from this religious apostasy have flowed moral awfulness and political anarchy.

If you think that this is just the wild raving of a fundamentalist, you are wrong. Let me quote an excerpt from an editorial in a major metropolitan newspaper a number of years ago. Speaking of the failure of the churches to present any spiritual message whatsoever, the editorial concluded:

This betrayal of Christ in the name of Christianity is one reason for the moral and spiritual malaise with which this country is afflicted. The melancholy fact is that the churches no longer influence the development of national character. People go to church mainly because of an impulse to participate in a service of worship, not because of any spiritual guidance they expect from the clergyman.

What a note of condemnation this is! This is true not just of our nation but of every nation.

The American people are now on a toboggan hurtling down a ice covered slope on the way to eternal judgement that will assign them to the dustbin of history.

Idolatry is where every great nation has gone off the track. When a nation departs from the living and true God or when it gives up great moral principles which were based on religion, when it goes into idolatry, these factors eventually lead it into gross immorality and into political anarchy.

With apologies to Dr. J. Vernon McGee

The death rattle you hear is the old bitter neo confederate teahadists gasping for air and circling the drain
It hasn't been the TEA party that has put this county in its death spiral. Bitter much?

America has become a nation of idolatrous fools....the election of the current President proves that beyond dispute.

Just as in Noah's day....a warning has been given.....yet few are listening....but this time it will not be by water.

The Destruction of America in One Hour

Praying to cross is idolatry....Jesus did not pray unto himself, he prayed to his Father which is Heaven....

Universal healthcare would stop the death spiral financially at least. The moral decay would be stopped by Utah [states] prevailing on the gay marriage issue. Upon those two things every single thing would change for the better in the US. At least they would be on the mend.

Forum List

Back